The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

3 hours ago, WageThief said:

Yeah, I think the most ridiculous part of the whole shenanigans is that they started in the third division.  Couldn't they have feasibly got promoted to the Premier while.....wait for it.....wait........making a profit??  It's a mad idea, but if you get crowds that are 100 times as much as the other teams in your division and your goal is to try and compete with Celtic who have 50m in the bank - then that might've been a good time to save up some cash.  Instead they paid guys 10k a week to play Cowdenbeath.

It doesn't seem to matter who is in charge, they are always run like some shady bank.  The old them used to spend the money they got from Bank of Scotland.  The new version spent their directors money.  Now they are spending money they'll presumably get in the future.  

They'll be very very lucky if they can cover it up with a couple of big sales.  They certainly wont cover it up pretending to receive preposterous bids from China.

As others have said, they had to in order to convince everyone that it was the same club. It also needed to be done to persuade everyone to part with their readies in the share issue. IMO, it really went wrong when King organised the boycott and ousted Green. It's been a car crash ever since. There is no way out for them now. They have to trim costs or go bust. This can't continue as the current directors are allegedly refusing to pony up any more loans,  they can't have the much needed further shares issue (until/ unless ?) they settle the TOP panel issue and King will never be able to (openly) put any money into the club as he's said on oath in court that he doesn't have it.  Yet none of this seems to trouble the Glasgow media or the SFA. The financial doping goes on. 

...a bit disco

I confidently predict this thread will reach 2019.

Rangers on the other hand...

That just reminds me, didn’t King instigate a boycott then scoop up shares when the price dropped?  Did anything ever come of that market manipulation? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

Kaunas and Hearts really have hurt them........ GLORIOUS 

Kaunas, Hearts ( Motherwell), unfortunately hibs, the Lithuanian boys his year have all ****ed their plans.

The biggest culprit was themselves tho, starting in. The lowest division they could have came up in great nick with lots of youngsters and a fat bank balance.

Arseholes.

Contrast and compare...

Ranger liquidated in 2012, Phoenix club emerged, overspent in every season since, loss making every season, currently living from hand to mouth and pawning whatever assets they can to make ends meet, desperately trying to preserve their status as a 'massive' club and credible challengers to Celtic, while their fans largely sit on their hands expecting some RRM sugar daddies to fund it all.

Hearts, successfully negotiated administration, thanks in large amount to the efforts of the fans, coupled with the commitment of Ann Budge to put up funds.  Skooshed the Championship without breaking the budget (made a loss, but less than was budgeted for).  Established in the SPL, living within our means, posting profits each season and built a new main stand, all helped by fans stepping up to the plate through FOH and doing it by ourselves!

11 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Kaunas, Hearts ( Motherwell), unfortunately hibs, the Lithuanian boys his year have all ****ed their plans.

The biggest culprit was themselves tho, starting in. The lowest division they could have came up in great nick with lots of youngsters and a fat bank balance.

Arseholes.

You can add Maribor to the list. They were a huge factor in the old Rangers going bust.

53 minutes ago, jamboz said:

That just reminds me, didn’t King instigate a boycott then scoop up shares when the price dropped?  Did anything ever come of that market manipulation? 

The Take Over Panel judgement ? 

7 hours ago, berrasbraw said:

How much do they owe out all in ?

15m in director loans, 12.9m is repayable in July this year but eh...  Then the close bros loan (3 or 5m?).  Then all the other stuff they owe we don't really know much about (like players they've pretended to pay for already)

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

15m in director loans, 12.9m is repayable in July this year but eh...  Then the close bros loan (3 or 5m?).  Then all the other stuff they owe we don't really know much about (like players they've pretended to pay for already)

Thing is, their st sales and end of season money will clear most of that, then they'll get by on credit next season and do the same.

A Europa league spot or a big sale will be what they're gambling on.

It won't bite them on the arse until the sums are £20/£30m which might not be until 2/3 seasons unless saved by the above.

It's a dangerous game, but one they might still get away with.

Ridiculous, after they rebuilt for five years they should have been rolling about in money.

It's a matter of time.

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Thing is, their st sales and end of season money will clear most of that, then they'll get by on credit next season and do the same.

It won't bite them on the arse until the sums are £20/£30m which might not be until 2/3 seasons unless saved by the above.

Ridiculous, after they rebuilt for five years they should have been rolling about in money.

It's a matter of time.

I don’t think it will go as far as that. The fact they had to go to Close brothers for what is a relatively small sum would scare off any of the more conventional lending sources, so I don’t think their credit will extend as far as £20-30 million unless it comes from further directors loans, which is hard to believe.

could get interesting by about christmas I think.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I don’t think it will go as far as that. The fact they had to go to Close brothers for what is a relatively small sum would scare off any of the more conventional lending sources, so I don’t think their credit will extend as far as £20-30 million unless it comes from further directors loans, which is hard to believe.

could get interesting by about christmas I think.

It should do, but a SC final and or a Europa league place will save them.

Maybe sell a player, even for £2/£3m.

It's a terrible set up and s gamble, no doubt their soft loan payments due this year will be extended as well.

What's with the share issue, thought king had to issue them now as well after the court case.

Their a basket case.

Sounds harsh, by why couldn't the Hamilton thing happen to them!

Things are now so bad they are selling/pawning off the last off the assets the wee house and the big screens its now the end off the road nothing left to pawn tick tock LOL

Edited by tntjambo

There are those inside the SFA who will do their level best to assist them though - we've seen already home cup draws, easy opponents and no doubt currently drawing up plans for further assistance for them should the worst happen.

24 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

It's a terrible set up and s gamble, no doubt their soft loan payments due this year will be extended as well.

What's with the share issue, thought king had to issue them now as well after the court case.

Their a basket case.

By the 'Hamilton thing' do you mean cyber fraud stealing money out of their account? I'll tell you why ...

They have no money in any account to steal! :laugh:

In-fact they may have already pawned off any computers they had to fend off cyber crime. Showing astute business!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, adayinmay said:

By the 'Hamilton thing' do you mean cyber fraud stealing money out of their account? I'll tell you why ...

They have no money in any account to steal! :laugh:

In-fact they may have already pawned off any computers they had to fend off cyber crime. Showing astute business!

far point, no one is going to steal a £10m overdraft!

worst criminal ever, stealing debts!

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

far point, no one is going to steal a £10m overdraft!

worst criminal ever, stealing debts!

Probably won't stop GASL suggesting it happened to them though! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I P Knightley

See when they come to sell next season's season tickets? Do they have credit card facilities to take payment or is it going to be cash and empty ginger bottles only?

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Their a basket case.

Lol cause they arent as daft as Hamilton which is saying something. Here have our player but pay us when you can we had money stolen and are struggling to stay in the league but its alright we can wait til August for your SPFL payment. (suggesting the st sales etc are already earmarked for other bills) 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Lol cause they arent as daft as Hamilton which is saying something. Here have our player but pay us when you can we had money stolen and are struggling to stay in the league but its alright we can wait til August for your SPFL payment. (suggesting the st sales etc are already earmarked for other bills) 

Surely it is not beyond the realms of possibility that the Hamilton fraud was carried out by the club formerly known as rangers. Just a thought

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

See when they come to sell next season's season tickets? Do they have credit card facilities to take payment or is it going to be cash and empty ginger bottles only?

Id be carefully reading the small print in the membership form.

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Surely it is not beyond the realms of possibility that the Hamilton fraud was carried out by the club formerly known as rangers. Just a thought

Would love that to go viral. FAKE NOOZ! as the Trumpet would say.

The orcs bank accounts will be raided in the next month unless they cancel ,after the bills are paid the begging bowl will be passed around again can't wait to see how they are paying anything after that , someone should be sent in to check the state their accounts are in because I'd say they are trading insolvent 

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Here were just gonna steal your money then take your player then if were still going we will pay for him in 2025 seems a legit King business strategy 

On 21/02/2018 at 16:44, milky_26 said:

can they actually use murray park as security? is there not some agreement/deal with sport scotland or scottish rugby?

I'm not sure if Kelvinside Academy still own the land it's built on??

9 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

It's very difficult to steal from a thief...

10 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'm dubious but far from knowledgeable on the subject.  They are currently running at a loss, were trying to reduce the wage bill in January but increased it, and have gone to Close for money to tide them over.  They have numerous other 'liabilities' to pay in the summer too I suspect (eg. the first tranche for the Hamilton dude), although no one really knows the full details.

I'm expecting the ST/EOS money will cover the amount of their debt to Close bros, but not the soft loans as well.   It is  likely the 'soft' loans are punted into the next year (and so on).  I think this is what has happened so far.

They must reduce costs while pretending not to reduce costs.  In this respect, a 'big' sale would help them cover up the cost-cutting but later down the line the Donald Findlay QC will surely hit the Vatican.  The fact they need to reduce costs reduces the likelihood of a big sale happening (I mean, really big). 

I'd be surprised if we didn't sell Souttar for more in the summer than they sell anyone for.  If we could pay Souttar 10k a week (like Rangers could) then we'd get even more money because we'd do it properly (we wouldn't need to sell him to break even).

5 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The orcs bank accounts will be raided in the next month unless they cancel ,after the bills are paid the begging bowl will be passed around again can't wait to see how they are paying anything after that , someone should be sent in to check the state their accounts are in because I'd say they are trading insolvent 

Like I posted earlier on this. The accounts were signed off on the basis that King and his NOAL fund would provide the readies to keep a busted flushed going. The accountants said as much and signed off on King's promise of funds. Those funds will not materialise because King said on oath , in court, he doesn't have the dosh. So, if King had not made that empty promise where would Sevco have been ? Relying on pay day loans to get their accounts signed off ? You can't make this stuff up. I giant of world football (in their eyes, obviously) with a begging bowl always outstretched in perpetuity ?  Why are they allowed to get away with this ?  Hopefully the SPFL will kill off/neuter the SFA. FFP rules MUST be introduced into Scottish football. 

The Future's Maroon

I'm not one for emailing authorities, unlike our neighbours, but I am tempted with this to see if a reply even comes back.

The information required is out there in the public domain, people on here have seen and mentioned it....a few other clubs forums talk about the same shit so they have seen it.

Yet, STILL, the SMSM, ignore it...not even a slight hint of bringing it up?

As for the Blazers (aka muppets) in control of the Scottish game ignore it?

Why am I surprised, maybe just maybe an email will get sent and copying in several journalistic people too...

Yes, I know, wouldn't do any good!

6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I'm not one for emailing authorities, unlike our neighbours, but I am tempted with this to see if a reply even comes back.

The information required is out there in the public domain, people on here have seen and mentioned it....a few other clubs forums talk about the same shit so they have seen it.

Yet, STILL, the SMSM, ignore it...not even a slight hint of bringing it up?

As for the Blazers (aka muppets) in control of the Scottish game ignore it?

Why am I surprised, maybe just maybe an email will get sent and copying in several journalistic people too...

Yes, I know, wouldn't do any good!

Here's your man

https://twitter.com/alextomo

The Future's Maroon

The flame has started burning on the candle...let's see what comes of it.

(for legal reasons, I personally have not sent any letters/emails). 

Will all this affect their chances of buying John Souttar from us, to help them “bridge the gap to Celtic”? :lol:

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Will all this affect their chances of buying John Souttar from us, to help them “bridge the gap to Celtic”? :lol:

They'll offer us £200,000 payable in instalments over 3 years, but this will only happen when they sell Moralies in the Summer to Barcelona for £39m. :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They'll offer us £200,000 payable in instalments over 3 years, but this will only happen when they sell Moralies in the Summer to Barcelona for £39m. :laugh:

They might have their Dallas Cowboy’s money by then.

Fly by night outfit , is it Armageddon yet?

Weegie press will print the line that all is hunky dory and the future will be rosy until it isn't.

Then we'll all be the ***** that let it happen. 

Same old same old.

...a bit disco
40 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They'll offer us £200,000 payable in instalments over 3 years, but this will only happen when they sell Moralies in the Summer to Beijing Banquet for £39m. :laugh:

FTFY

:thumbsup:

On 2/24/2018 at 12:04, glynnlondon said:

Fly by night outfit , is it Armageddon yet?

Weegie press will print the line that all is hunky dory and the future will be rosy until it isn't.

Then we'll all be the ***** that let it happen. 

Same old same old.

The rest of Scottish Football will no doubt be to blame when it kicks off

Footballfirst
7 hours ago, tntjambo said:

Factually incorrect when he says that his rugger guy had looked at the loan agreement. Just like the rest of us, he only saw the Standard Security document and the subsequent Floating Charge security.  If he had seen the loan agreement then he would have known the amount advanced, the interest rate, the repayment terms and the default terms. He knew none of those.

Even then the rugger guy got it wrong when he suggested that the default interest would be compounded daily, with an additional years interest.  There reference to a year was that it was based on 365 days, so that the interest would indeed be calculated daily including weekends, and not just on business days.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Factually incorrect when he says that his rugger guy had looked at the loan agreement. Just like the rest of us, he only saw the Standard Security document and the subsequent Floating Charge security.  If he had seen the loan agreement then he would have known the amount advanced, the interest rate, the repayment terms and the default terms. He knew none of those.

Even then the rugger guy got it wrong when he suggested that the default interest would be compounded daily, with an additional years interest.  There reference to a year was that it was based on 365 days, so that the interest would indeed be calculated daily including weekends, and not just on business days.

3 names factually incorrect? :wow:

People believing that roaster deserve all they get.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

3 names factually incorrect? :wow:

People believing that roaster deserve all they get.

I read in FF's post that it was the rugger guy who got it wrong but then I don't have an agenda.

Geoff Kilpatrick
49 minutes ago, graygo said:

I read in FF's post that it was the rugger guy who got it wrong but then I don't have an agenda.

Who published the article?

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who published the article?

If you get told a lie and you publish it then at worst I would reckon that makes you complicit rather than fully to blame.

The guy is a tosspot though and your point in general is hard to argue with.

Geoff Kilpatrick
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

If you get told a lie and you publish it then at worst I would reckon that makes you complicit rather than fully to blame.

The guy is a tosspot though and your point in general is hard to argue with.

A track record of writing his own lies and publishing them. Still, he has his devotees because, like Mulder in the X-Files, they want to believe!

51 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Has the Chinese transfer window slammed shut yet?

And has Morelos left for £56780275689m yet?

Saw Carrasco and Gaitan had left Atletico to go to China yesterday.  Those two went  for approx 55million 

59 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Has the Chinese transfer window slammed shut yet?

And has Morelos left for £56780275689m yet?

1 day 3 hours 14 minutes 34.55667 seconds 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic