The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Barney Rubble

Re the trophy's won during the EBT process. There is no chance in my opinion of anything happening to strip them of their glory, it's not going to happen when it's one of the two clubs that the SFA/SPFL think make up Scottish Football.

To me that's done and dusted, but the thing that is important is what the people in charge of Rangers think of when they are sitting in the Blue Room looking at their trophy board, do they really feel comfortable that these titles were won fair and square or do any of them have a wee twinge of unease looking at the information staring back at them in bold gold letters, I think we all know the answer to that one.

The WATP brigade have and will not give this a second thought but it all comes down to personal integrity and values.

If you are a club golfer who moves his ball a couple of inches to have a better lie, probably no one would notice and if you go on to win you could be going home with a trophy to proudly display to wife and family but the the bottom line is you didn't win, you cheated.

So if you can sit at home looking at a trophy on your shelf that you know you cheated to win and your still ok with it, well fine, me I'd rather be the guy boring everybody in the bar saying I could have won apart from the shot I dropped because a shitty lie I had, but I have a feeling integrity and values are a couple of words that are rarely used within the hallowed halls of Ibrox these day's.

yeah if it ever was!

The tax case proves they cheated. Their titles should be removed from their honours list although I wouldn't pass them onto the 2nd place team, just leave it blank.

Juventus lost two of their titles so why shouldn't Rangers? Both cheated.

SectionDJambo

In my opinion it's now pointless taking past titles away from them. Sure they won them in an underhand manner, but the main thing for me, now, would be to put an end to this "we were victimised getting shoved into the bottom league instead of staying in the top league", rubbish. They were lucky to stay in the SPFL in any division. They were, it's now without doubt, no different to Gretna, who ended up in the Lowland League. They were done a massive favour by Scottish football, by being parachuted into the bottom division. Let's not forget, that only fan pressure, through social media, stopped a massive carve up being carried out by Doncaster, Regan etc.. If the Internet didn't exist, they would have stayed in the top league, propped up by their media chums.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Bollox Bollox Bollox, I honestly cant believe that some on here are actually against rangers getting the titles and trophies removed that were won during the years of unsporting advantage, this is the club that still want to proudly wear 5 stars above their crest yet don't want to pay the legal costs they should have done during the pursuit for the fifth star.

Juventus

Lance Armstrong

Ben Johnson

Above are the 3 names of "winners" in their respective sport that cheated to gain an advantage in each sport and then had the titles won during this time of unsporting advantage removed due to the cheating.

The name of Glasgow Rangers should also be added to the above list and any trophies won during the EBT years should also be scrubbed from the records (these ill gained titles should not be redistributed to runners up ect as there are just to many what if's to cloud it) and anyone that feels otherwise has clearly spent too many years being brainwashed by those telling all and sundry that the old firm is Scottish football and can do as they please.

If my above post does sound slightly bitter then yes i will happily hold my hands up and admit that after all the shit us Hearts supporters have had thrown at us and had to deal with over the last few years then yes I am slightly bitter that rangers did (and still are) given a free hand by the footballing authorities to what they do and don't want to be accountable for depending how it suits their current situation.

I mean FFS Dave King was involved as a director during this time and during the administration then on top of this throw in his tax convictions (so technically he was involved in two different businesses in two different countries that have been found out by the law of their land to have been involved in tax shenanigans) yet is still passed as a fit and proper person by our very own corrupt organisation.

The SFA now need to stand up and deal with it quickly and effectively otherwise they will be shown up to be even more corrupt that they are already thought to be.

In my opinion it's now pointless taking past titles away from them. Sure they won them in an underhand manner, but the main thing for me, now, would be to put an end to this "we were victimised getting shoved into the bottom league instead of staying in the top league", rubbish. They were lucky to stay in the SPFL in any division. They were, it's now without doubt, no different to Gretna, who ended up in the Lowland League. They were done a massive favour by Scottish football, by being parachuted into the bottom division. Let's not forget, that only fan pressure, through social media, stopped a massive carve up being carried out by Doncaster, Regan etc.. If the Internet didn't exist, they would have stayed in the top league, propped up by their media chums.

Probably the most succinct and damning comment I've seen in the last 3 years in this scandal.

Quite simply , without t'internet we would never have found out.

Rangers are convicted tax cheats. Rangers are cheats. Never ever let them forget it. They swindled the tax man , swindled football fans & their fellow member clubs of the SFA & League by their actions. They infiltrated the governing bodies with men who were placed to know what was going on at the top level , men who devised , implemented and personally benefited from this swindle. Men who  said nothing and did nothing while Rangers obstructed justice. 

But Rangers shouldn't be stripped of titles ?

Probably the most succinct and damning comment I've seen in the last 3 years in this scandal.

Rangers are convicted tax cheats. Rangers are cheats. Never ever let them forget it. They swindled the tax man , swindled football fans & their fellow member clubs of the SFA & League by their actions. They infiltrated the governing bodies with men who were placed to know what was going on at the top level , men who devised , implemented and personally benefited from this swindle. Men who said nothing and did nothing while Rangers obstructed justice.

Posted one minute after midnight and already likely post of the day.

Bollox Bollox Bollox, I honestly cant believe that some on here are actually against rangers getting the titles and trophies removed that were won during the years of unsporting advantage, this is the club that still want to proudly wear 5 stars above their crest yet don't want to pay the legal costs they should have done during the pursuit for the fifth star.

Juventus

Lance Armstrong

Ben Johnson

Above are the 3 names of "winners" in their respective sport that cheated to gain an advantage in each sport and then had the titles won during this time of unsporting advantage removed due to the cheating.

The name of Glasgow Rangers should also be added to the above list and any trophies won during the EBT years should also be scrubbed from the records (these ill gained titles should not be redistributed to runners up ect as there are just to many what if's to cloud it) and anyone that feels otherwise has clearly spent too many years being brainwashed by those telling all and sundry that the old firm is Scottish football and can do as they please.

If my above post does sound slightly bitter then yes i will happily hold my hands up and admit that after all the shit us Hearts supporters have had thrown at us and had to deal with over the last few years then yes I am slightly bitter that rangers did (and still are) given a free hand by the footballing authorities to what they do and don't want to be accountable for depending how it suits their current situation.

I mean FFS Dave King was involved as a director during this time and during the administration then on top of this throw in his tax convictions (so technically he was involved in two different businesses in two different countries that have been found out by the law of their land to have been involved in tax shenanigans) yet is still passed as a fit and proper person by our very own corrupt organisation.

The SFA now need to stand up and deal with it quickly and effectively otherwise they will be shown up to be even more corrupt that they are already thought to be.

They won't because they're corrupt!!!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Rangers are convicted tax cheats. Rangers are cheats. Never ever let them forget it. They swindled the tax man , swindled football fans & their fellow member clubs of the SFA & League by their actions. They infiltrated the governing bodies with men who were placed to know what was going on at the top level , men who devised , implemented and personally benefited from this swindle. Men who said nothing and did nothing while Rangers obstructed justice.

Great post. While stripping Rangers of honours is necessary and should be done, I hope any coordinated fan action is directed towards the authorities. They were complicit in this. They saw the contracts Rangers submitted and would have known immediately they did not state the players' full earnings. They enabled the cheating, maybe even cheated themselves, in order to maintain Rangers' dominance. In my eyes that makes it far worse than Johnson, Armstrong or Juventus. Edited by Diana Prince

alwaysthereinspirit

The tax case proves they cheated. Their titles should be removed from their honours list although I wouldn't pass them onto the 2nd place team, just leave it blank.

Juventus lost two of their titles so why shouldn't Rangers? Both cheated.

Sad as this may sound, it is absolutely possible that Italian football is less corrupt than Scottish football.

Imagine?

Let them keep their silly stars. You don't take war medals from dead men. Restructure and improve Scottish football and share revenue fairly. Let that be their legacy.

War medals are earned not bought with other people's money.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

They won't because they're corrupt!!!

So then we can only hope that uefa are monitoring the situation closely to see how deeply rooted the corruption is.............. Aw crap.

So we can only hope that fifa are monitoring the situation closely to see how deep...............ffs

Games a bogey!!!!

Bridge of Djoum

Gretna- Scottish Cup 2006

Hibernian - Scottish Cup 2012

Just saying like.

Kinda made a fool of yourself with that post.

Just saying like.

Kinda made a fool of yourself with that post.

Just saying like.

Kind of?

He more than kind of, he totally did.

Edited by Paolo

How do the SFA stay innocent in all of this?

They dont however the statement will be that LNS dealt with this and they were satisfied with the outcome and wont revisit it.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

M. Ashley has put himself onto the board of rangers retail. [emoji1]

Brilliant, so basically he is saying "I'm right here so bring it on bitches"

Looks like he's outmanoeuvred King again. [emoji1]

The Rangers Retail Board is now made up of four directors. King, P. Murray & Ashley, plus S. Direct Int chief exe David Forsey.

S.Directs head of legal Cameron Olsen is both company secretary of Rangers Retail and S.Direct International too.

You can say what you want about Ashley, but he is one smart cookie.

They dont however the statement will be that LNS dealt with this and they were satisfied with the outcome and wont revisit it.

Like the Sevcos constant use of were the same club or not the same club when it suits, I can't see how the SFA can use this same statement, LNS verdict has been overuled in the courts by 3 Lords. His findings and verdict are null and void. People cannot accept the SFA using this excuse anymore, the LNS enquiry has to be revisited or an entirely new enquiry set up with a different Lord that doesn't live next door to Murray or any sevco members. 

There's an emergency meeting of the 9-man board of the SPFL today to discuss the Oldco rangers Ebt ruling from the courts this week.

A meeting that quick isnt going to come back with anything good. Either a holding statement will come out or some fudged bullshit reason why nothing will happen.

There's an emergency meeting of the 9 man board of the SPFL today to discuss the Oldco rangers Ebt ruling from the courts this week.

Well just have to wait and see what happens with that meeting however I won't be holding my breath. I expect it is going to have to take another big outpouring of anger from fans to convince anyone to take action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no stupid billionaires. [emoji6]

I was going to suggest Donald Trump but apparently his money was inherited, and he would have had the same money today if he'd just kept it in a bank all those years ...

I was going to suggest Donald Trump but apparently his money was inherited, and he would have had the same money today if he'd just kept it in a bank all those years ...

He's also declared bankruptcy multiple times--he simply started with the means to play the game with the slanted rules that have been set up, and benefit, even when making absolutely boneheaded mistakes that would put a normal person in the poor house for good.

Hey, that sounds familiar.

The can't say or make any decision until they know there isn't going to be an appeal 1st. So we shouldn't expect anything dramatic today anyway..

Like they did previously with the LNS enquiry?  :unsure:

Like they did previously with the LNS enquiry?   :unsure:

indeed, the LNS inquiry was an attempt to bury the cheating they knew had been done, hoping that if they got in before the outcome was reversed it would be forgotten, unfortunately not, so now they need to come up with another get out clause.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I would assume that the SFA would probably want to protect their special baby and let them keep the cheated titles and trophies, is there anywhere that names the 9 man commitee as you could probably bet that at least a couple would have ties in some way to the old regime and are looking to protect their own sordid history. 

Depending on how this is dealt then it should almost be time for the fans of all Scottish clubs to rally and use the EBT non removal of titles ect to show how corrupt the SFA is towards the old firm, even if its fans of each club displaying banners during the games.

If anyone is confused or in doubt of how brass necked the newco is then please read below from the snippet I have taken from the Newco website that they put on yesterday (2 days after they were found guilty of cheating the system to gain an unfair sporting advantage) in trying to desperately sell 1/2 season tickets to get finances in place to pay the bills before xmas -

RANGERS have embarked on the latest chapter in a 143 year old story that has spanned the ages and inspired countless supporters over many generations.

The Club has a deep and rich history but Rangers is as much about its future as its past and Rangers Chairman Dave King this season called on supporters to buy season tickets at record levels in order to protect the Club for future generations.

Rangers is a club steeped in history and tradition. A club with a glorious past, littered with trophies since its earliest days. Throughout its history the support of Rangers fans has been a constant. A source of strength for those wearing the Light Blue jersey.

Memories have been made both on and off the pitch. We have faced our challenges in recent years, but this is our time. It?s time to make a new piece of history that we can all be proud and part of, together.

They seem to be using the word "history" alot and are actually admitting they are the same club that cheated.

indeed, the LNS inquiry was an attempt to bury the cheating they knew had been done, hoping that if they got in before the outcome was reversed it would be forgotten, unfortunately not, so now they need to come up with another get out clause.

The get out clause is the possible (but improbable) appeal to the Supreme Court. As long as there is any chance that the current ruling could be overturned they will kick the can down the road. Incidentally, anyone think that a few rich but vulnerable English clubs might agree to fund such an appeal?

I would assume that the SFA would probably want to protect their special baby and let them keep the cheated titles and trophies, is there anywhere that names the 9 man commitee as you could probably bet that at least a couple would have ties in some way to the old regime and are looking to protect their own sordid history. 

Depending on how this is dealt then it should almost be time for the fans of all Scottish clubs to rally and use the EBT non removal of titles ect to show how corrupt the SFA is towards the old firm, even if its fans of each club displaying banners during the games.

If anyone is confused or in doubt of how brass necked the newco is then please read below from the snippet I have taken from the Newco website that they put on yesterday (2 days after they were found guilty of cheating the system to gain an unfair sporting advantage) in trying to desperately sell 1/2 season tickets to get finances in place to pay the bills before xmas -

RANGERS have embarked on the latest chapter in a 143 year old story that has spanned the ages and inspired countless supporters over many generations.

The Club has a deep and rich history but Rangers is as much about its future as its past and Rangers Chairman Dave King this season called on supporters to buy season tickets at record levels in order to protect the Club for future generations.

Rangers is a club steeped in history and tradition. A club with a glorious past, littered with trophies since its earliest days. Throughout its history the support of Rangers fans has been a constant. A source of strength for those wearing the Light Blue jersey.

Memories have been made both on and off the pitch. We have faced our challenges in recent years, but this is our time. It?s time to make a new piece of history that we can all be proud and part of, together.

They seem to be using the word "history" alot and are actually admitting they are the same club that cheated.

http://spfl.co.uk/spfl/

The current SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Ralph Topping (Chairman), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Ken Ferguson (Brechin City).

This as well

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560

Edited by wavydavy

Couple of interesting moves reported today.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/mike-ashley-becomes-director-of-rangers-retail-1-3939310#axzz3qhlCrrP4

MIKE Ashley has made his latest power play against Dave King by becoming a board member of Rangers

Retail.http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/spfl-to-hold-talks-over-rangers-ebt-verdict-reports-1-3939298#axzz3qhlCrrP4

THE SPFL will today hold crisis talks to discuss what course of action, if any, is to be taken in the aftermath of the Big Tax Case verdict against Rangers, according to the Scottish Daily Mail.

Glamorgan Jambo

Remember the outcome of the Nimmo Smith enquiry was based on RFC's then thought to be 'lawful' use of EBTs accompanied by their 'errors in player registration'.... which were deemed insufficient to make the players registrations invalid.

Having said that I fully expect the outcome of today's SPFL board meeting to be a whip round to buy the largest possible brush and carpet combination available.

Rudolf's Mate

I can't be ersed trawling through the thread. Weren't sevco calling for that twitter account which blew the whistle to be investigated due to leaking confidential information? Also stating they wanted criminal charges brought against them? And yet King revealed confidential info in that Sky interview which MA rightly want's action taken against him. Someone please tell me it was King wanting charges brought in respect of the twitter account :lol: 

Footballfirst

From the LNS decision dated 28 February 2013

Issues 1 to 3
[104] As we have already explained, in our view the purpose of the Rules applicable to Issues 1 to 3 is to promote the sporting integrity of the game. These rules are not designed as any form of financial regulation of football, analogous to the UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations. Thus it is not the purpose of the Rules to regulate how one football club may seek to gain financial and sporting advantage over others. Obviously, a successful club is able to generate more income from gate money, sponsorship, advertising, sale of branded goods and so on, and is consequently able to offer greater financial rewards to its manager and players, in the hope of even more success. Nor is it a breach of SPL or SFA Rules for a club to arrange its affairs ? within the law ? so as to minimise its tax liabilities. The Tax Tribunal has held (subject to appeal) that Oldco was acting within the law in setting up and operating the EBT scheme. The SPL presented no argument to challenge the decision of the majority of the Tax Tribunal and Mr McKenzie stated expressly that for all purposes of this Commission?s Inquiry and Determination the SPL accepted that decision as it stood, without regard to any possible appeal by HMRC. Accordingly we proceed on the basis that the EBT arrangements were lawful.

The decision of the Court of Session means that the EBT scheme was not "lawful", subject to an appeal to the Supreme Court should leave to appeal be granted.  Also the Discounted Option Scheme (Wee Tax Case) was not "lawful", but for reasons only known to the SPL the terms of reference of the commission were changed to use a start date of November 2000, rather than July 1998 (the inception of the SPL), which meant that evidence related to the DOS scheme, including that of Campbell Ogilvie, was not considered by LNS.

Jambof3tornado

Remember the outcome of the Nimmo Smith enquiry was based on RFC's then thought to be 'lawful' use of EBTs accompanied by their 'errors in player registration'.... which were deemed insufficient to make the players registrations invalid.

Having said that I fully expect the outcome of today's SPFL board meeting to be a whip round to buy the largest possible brush and carpet combination available.

LNS made several assumptions during his enquiry. This needs revisited as many of the assumptions are now known to be not correct.

BBC reporting the SPFL board are discussing the new decision this morning. While Doncaster is obviously a duplicitous weasel many members of that board represent clubs who were openly critical of Rangers when they were liquidated and I would imagine that Celtic are desperate to see league titles chalked off. Do they want to go back to their team's fans and say there is nothing to see here?

The can't say or make any decision until they know there isn't going to be an appeal 1st. So we shouldn't expect anything dramatic today anyway..

Didnt stop them the first time with the LNS as appeals were available at that tine.

Waitingfortax.com:

http://waitingfortax.com/2015/11/06/on-ebts-and-rangers-fc-part-1/

Interesting to see parts 2 and 3

interesting to see him waste half the blog making it clear he was no hun, never been a hun, never heard of the huns, never liked fitba and he will only explain half his excuse's. so he's obviously a fitba loving hun, selectively going through the case.

alwaysthereinspirit

A meeting that quick isnt going to come back with anything good. Either a holding statement will come out or some fudged bullshit reason why nothing will happen.

Probably just a coincidence that its today and they're actually planning the X-Mas party.

interesting to see him waste half the blog making it clear he was no hun, never been a hun, never heard of the huns, never liked fitba and he will only explain half his excuse's. so he's obviously a fitba loving hun, selectively going through the case.

Look like a hun to you ? http://www.devereuxchambers.co.uk/barrister/55/jolyon_maugham

BBC reporting the SPFL board are discussing the new decision this morning. While Doncaster is obviously a duplicitous weasel many members of that board represent clubs who were openly critical of Rangers when they were liquidated and I would imagine that Celtic are desperate to see league titles chalked off. Do they want to go back to their team's fans and say there is nothing to see here?

celtic fans may want their titles removed, i'm not so sure lawell does, seems to me he has sevco right where he wants them and celtic are a big enough club to absorb the huns cheating, unlike smaller clubs once in their history chance at a trophy, not forgetting the financial strife many clubs got in, over reaching to keep up with the huns.

a lot of the smaller clubs that wanted the huns sorted only did it because of fan pressure, the urgency of this meeting may outdo a build up of pressure.

many chairmen didn't want the huns punished, many still vote to keep the voting structure in favour of the uglies and the most outspoken and fearless turnbull hutton is no longer with us.

celtic fans may want their titles removed, i'm not so sure lawell does, seems to me he has sevco right where he wants them and celtic are a big enough club to absorb the huns cheating, unlike smaller clubs once in their history chance at a trophy, not forgetting the financial strife many clubs got in, over reaching to keep up with the huns.

a lot of the smaller clubs that wanted the huns sorted only did it because of fan pressure, the urgency of this meeting may outdo a build up of pressure.

many chairmen didn't want the huns punished, many still vote to keep the voting structure in favour of the uglies and the most outspoken and fearless turnbull hutton is no longer with us.

Interesting dilemma for the SFA - is there a clear enough breach of any rules to force them to act or do they pass the buck back to the member clubs and ask them if they want the SFA to re-open ? I'll bet the SFA is praying on the apathy of the clubs so they can bury this.

Footballfirst

Waitingfortax.com:

http://waitingfortax.com/2015/11/06/on-ebts-and-rangers-fc-part-1/

Interesting to see parts 2 and 3

The analogy he uses re granny's savings for the kids is a poor one.

1) the money that granny saved wasn't earned by the kids.

2) granny's money was earned by her husband and would already have been taxed.

Edited by Footballfirst

• Maple Leaf locked this topic