The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

:lol: They breed them tenacious in Tranent eh? 

:lol: They don't half Smithee! Mind you, I'm actually a Pencaitland boy to be fair. ;-)

With regards to the SoS statement, it seems like there is definitely going to be some news revealed in the coming days that won't sit well with the Orcs. Everything is pointing towards bad news and King is desperate to keep the fans on side by pointing the finger at Big Bad Mike. 

Maiden Gorgie

They're about to get "out pokered"

Or MASHed, if you will. Which, of course is most :pleasing:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Could the SoS SOS not just be a nod too the accounts coming out, and getting the fans riled up to try and help King oust Ashley? Stoking the flames ahead of the accounts showing Ashley is taking the knickers off them?

Personally hope it's something else, something new, not just something that's been happening for a while being confirmed.

Could the SoS SOS not just be a nod too the accounts coming out, and getting the fans riled up to try and help King oust Ashley? Stoking the flames ahead of the accounts showing Ashley is taking the knickers off them?

Personally hope it's something else, something new, not just something that's been happening for a while being confirmed.

I think its just a set up for bad news in the accounts nothing more. I dont think the accounts are going to look good but its been almost a political style sustained media campaign recently to set this up.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think its just a set up for bad news in the accounts nothing more. I dont think the accounts are going to look good but its been almost a political style sustained media campaign recently to set this up.

Yeah, that'll have to do for now, I suppose.

I tend to agree.  You can read different things into the final piece of the SoS statement:

If you dont have enough facts to convince you now then I am confident you will have plenty more by the end of the week.

I suspect end of the week will be when the results are announced (probably around 9 pm on Friday night) rather than some bombshell announcement that SD have taken control of the assets and the orcs can't play in Rangers taps anymore, or park in the car park, or sit in the club deck etc.  Although it would be pleasing if that were to be the case.

Shanks said no

Came across this today when I was looking at the Real Estate Rich List, Mike was No 17, 

17=

Mike Ashley ? ?3,850m

Citygrove/McLaren Properties

Mike Ashley turned from tracksuits to luxury property in April, with a deal to build homes worth a total of ?900m in one of the most expensive areas in London. The billionaire Sports Direct founder and Newcastle United owner was reported to be behind two companies that bought a prized development site in Chelsea from John Lewis. Citygrove and McLaren Properties paid the department store chain more than ?200m for The Clearings, a storage depot near King?s Road with planning permission for 62 flats and seven townhouses. The scheme, a few minutes? walk from the Qatari-owned Chelsea Barracks, is expected to be worth about ?900m when finished. The cash ? ?160m for the land and about ?40m for the relocation of the nearby Marlborough primary school ? was said to have come from Ashley through his personal company, MASH Holdings. Ashley, who has already dabbled in high-end property in Miami, Majorca and Switzerland, planned to expand into luxury development to spread his wealth from Sports Direct. ?It?s about not having all your eggs in one basket,? a source told the Sunday Times. As the founder and deputy chairman of Nottinghamshire-based Sports Direct, Ashley has placed bets on retailers Tesco and Debenhams, and has stakes in MySale and JD Sports. Sports Direct, which recently reported a ?300m profit for 2014-15 and is now valued at ?4.71bn on the stock market. Funding the stakes outside Sports Direct has not been difficult for Ashley. He pocketed ?929m in one day when he floated Sports Direct on the stock market in 2007 and a further ?314m from sales in 2014 and January this year. It was after leaving school at 16 that Ashley first became involved in sportswear. He opened a small chain of sport and ski shops in and around London after quitting his job as a squash coach. His remaining stake is worth nearly ?2.62bn. Other windfalls from the sale of leases he owned on 32 Sports Direct stores raised nearly ?87m, past property deals, dividends and salaries and any remaining cash should make Ashley worth ?3.85bn after tax and spending

I tend to agree.  You can read different things into the final piece of the SoS statement:

If you dont have enough facts to convince you now then I am confident you will have plenty more by the end of the week.

I suspect end of the week will be when the results are announced (probably around 9 pm on Friday night) rather than some bombshell announcement that SD have taken control of the assets and the orcs can't play in Rangers taps anymore, or park in the car park, or sit in the club deck etc.  Although it would be pleasing if that were to be the case.

Now that would be glorious, imagine the seethe.   :pleasing:

However It'll most likely be the accounts, which should make fun reading all the same.

Came across this today when I was looking at the Real Estate Rich List, Mike was No 17, 

17=

Mike Ashley ? ?3,850m

Citygrove/McLaren Properties

Mike Ashley turned from tracksuits to luxury property in April, with a deal to build homes worth a total of ?900m in one of the most expensive areas in London. The billionaire Sports Direct founder and Newcastle United owner was reported to be behind two companies that bought a prized development site in Chelsea from John Lewis. Citygrove and McLaren Properties paid the department store chain more than ?200m for The Clearings, a storage depot near King?s Road with planning permission for 62 flats and seven townhouses. The scheme, a few minutes? walk from the Qatari-owned Chelsea Barracks, is expected to be worth about ?900m when finished. The cash ? ?160m for the land and about ?40m for the relocation of the nearby Marlborough primary school ? was said to have come from Ashley through his personal company, MASH Holdings. Ashley, who has already dabbled in high-end property in Miami, Majorca and Switzerland, planned to expand into luxury development to spread his wealth from Sports Direct. ?It?s about not having all your eggs in one basket,? a source told the Sunday Times. As the founder and deputy chairman of Nottinghamshire-based Sports Direct, Ashley has placed bets on retailers Tesco and Debenhams, and has stakes in MySale and JD Sports. Sports Direct, which recently reported a ?300m profit for 2014-15 and is now valued at ?4.71bn on the stock market. Funding the stakes outside Sports Direct has not been difficult for Ashley. He pocketed ?929m in one day when he floated Sports Direct on the stock market in 2007 and a further ?314m from sales in 2014 and January this year. It was after leaving school at 16 that Ashley first became involved in sportswear. He opened a small chain of sport and ski shops in and around London after quitting his job as a squash coach. His remaining stake is worth nearly ?2.62bn. Other windfalls from the sale of leases he owned on 32 Sports Direct stores raised nearly ?87m, past property deals, dividends and salaries and any remaining cash should make Ashley worth ?3.85bn after tax and spending

Maybe he's thinking about some exclusive up market houses in Govan.................................................... then again maybe not.

Brick Tamland

Now that would be glorious, imagine the seethe. :pleasing:

However It'll most likely be the accounts, which should make fun reading all the same.

Off the radar seethe followed by Armageddon

Shanks said no

Maybe he's thinking about some exclusive up market houses in Govan.................................................... then again maybe not.

Within spitting distance of the Clyde?

Footballfirst

The jail King story is interesting, although not particularly revealing, however the story that has probably upset Craig Houston of SOS is this one from the Evening Times

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13931530.Sports_Direct_bid_to_block_charity_cash_to_Rangers_Former_Players_Benevolent_Fund/?ref=twtrec

SPORTS DIRECT attempted to block an Ibrox fans group raising cash for the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund over an alleged trademark breach.

The Evening Times has obtained a copy of a letter, dated August 21, from London-based Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP to James Blair, the Company Secretary of Rangers International Football Club plc, which relates to the sale of a season ticket card holder by the Sons of Struth.

The SoS began selling the items to Gers fans after they were returned to the club by the widow of the late Colin Jackson, who helped set up the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund in 2001 alongside John Greig, Sandy Jardine and Peter McCloy and passed away earlier this year following a battle with leukaemia.

The holders, which have the Rangers five star logo and ?Rangers till I die? on the front and the badge of the RFPBF and ?contribution towards Rangers Former Players Benevolent Fund? on the back, were available for a minimum donation of ?1 and raised a four-figure sum for the charity.

On January 27 this year, Sports Direct took control of Rangers? registered trademarks when the former Ibrox board agreed a multi-million pound loan deal with the Mike Ashley-owned firm.

The letter states: ?Naturally our client is concerned that such use may have an adverse effect on sales of genuine Rangers products and the validity of the relevant registered marks. Consequently, please ensure that your client takes immediate action to defend this infringement.?

In May, Sports Direct called an EGM in a bid to force the Rangers board to repay the ?5million loan to Mr Ashley and gained a High Court injunction that prevents any Ibrox directors from revealing the details of the merchandise deal between the sportswear firm and Rangers Retail Limited.

Chairman Dave King last week insisted Rangers would not be ?cowed? by the threat of legal action and stated his intention to ensure ?that Sports Direct is legally and financially held accountable for its failures?.

Rangers fans are continuing to boycott Sports Direct stores and official Gers merchandise in protest at Mr Ashley?s Ibrox influence and Craig Houston of the Sons of Struth told the Evening Times: ?I was shocked and stunned when the club approached me to say that they had received the legal complaint about us raising money for the Benevolent Fund.

?It was perfectly clear that nobody was making profit from the season ticket holders. We were turning up at Ibrox with buckets, people were putting a donation in and they got a season ticket holder with the Benevolent Fund badge on it. It was very clear that every penny would go to the Benevolent Fund.?

The Evening Times contacted Sports Direct for a reply but had received no response at the time of writing.

Edited by Footballfirst

There are only a handful of relevant facts to emerge from the 1700+ pages on this thread:

- The Rangers* are being allowed to operate whilst insolvent, just like in 2011/12, the last time they died

- Some form of salvation will be invented to resurrect them again the next time they die

- Our football authorities have wet dreams about Old Firm encounters

- We should all be grateful, because they are the people after all

quite simple

lawyers and prosecution aside

Glamorgan Jambo

Highly unlikely King will get jailed as he's 'allegedly' in contempt of an injunction enforcing a commercial contract.

More likely he'll get a hefty fine but then again Dave knows all about these.

It's not Ashley vs King either it's HM Courts vs King now.

Absolutely pishing myself at the shennanigans at sevco. When your fans are hailing a glib and shameless liar and convicted fraudster as the hero, you really are fecked.

They hailed murray as hero, they hailed "wealth of the radar" whyte as a hero, they hailed big hands green as a hero, they initially hailed ashley as a hero and now it's king as the hero, who next? pol pot as the next hero of ibrokes? they really are a bunch of deluded fuds.

They are getting a an arse ramming over and over again and they keep bending over for more.

And all I can say about that sos statement is:

e4fd59ffd5026e8d4fc2498d89905d41.jpg 

The Mighty Thor

?5m is a lot of Giros and a shit load of riling.

That lot haven't got the gumption to raise a smile let alone ?5m. Even if they do that just lifts a monkey off their back and doesn't solve the on-going funding issue. That'll take ?5m. Then another ?5m etc etc.

A slow and painful death would be rather fitting.

Maroonblood22

Heard this was all about Ashley seeing a snapchat of King's bursd's scrambled egg tits and it's all going to kick off this week.

Apparently.

The jail King story is interesting, although not particularly revealing, however the story that has probably upset Craig Houston of SOS is this one from the Evening Times

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13931530.Sports_Direct_bid_to_block_charity_cash_to_Rangers_Former_Players_Benevolent_Fund/?ref=twtrec

Very interesting..... Ashley 100% in the right and any court in the land will back him to the hilt.

He has struck a legally binding deal, signed by someone on behalf of Sevco. The rights to the badge are his, you cannot just borrow the badge and reproduce it without his authority.... Just because it is for charity. It is theft, plain and simple. There is no moral position that can be justified. It is no worse than stealing track suits from his shop....and selling them for a good cause.

Heard this was all about Ashley seeing a snapchat of King's bursd's scrambled egg tits and it's all going to kick off this week.

Apparently.

:what:

That's the one that's upset them most definitely while MA is correct in his right its not going to sit well.

Not one quote from Ashley in the daily record which claims Ashley wants king jailed.

Just "A source" who says Ashley wants the company fined, and Houston who says SD tried to get King arrested and the club fined a few weeks ago.

"Hi, keef? Can you put this in a way that outrages the hordes at how badly poor GASL is being treated, preferably with Ashley as a monster? Tell Traynor level 5's invoice has been settled"

Ashley has them bang to rights. This is how low these liars cheats and swindlers are willing to stoop, using a charity cause to gain public sympathy for their illegal activities. It makes no difference whether they are using the badge etc for a charity or for sticking on a collection bucket, it is fraudulent use without paying MA/SD for the right to use it. 

Ashley has them bang to rights. This is how low these liars cheats and swindlers are willing to stoop, using a charity cause to gain public sympathy for their illegal activities. It makes no difference whether they are using the badge etc for a charity or for sticking on a collection bucket, it is fraudulent use without paying MA/SD for the right to use it. 

Come on- really?

We are supporting blocking the use of something for a charity connected to a football club?

Sorry, but it might be rangers, but that kind of behaviour by Ashley is utterly pathetic legally correct or not.

Come on- really?

We are supporting blocking the use of something for a charity connected to a football club?

Sorry, but it might be rangers, but that kind of behaviour by Ashley is utterly pathetic legally correct or not.

So what your saying is, it's ok for anyone to use someone else owned property and claim its for charitable use?

In sevco's case we know that some of this lot are charlatans and liars, that although the record says no profit is made there is no hard proof that no profit had been made. 

No one is blocking the use of the badge etc,  I didn't read it that way, the block is the use WITHOUT permission and payment of rights, which Ashley is legally entitled to. 

It would have been a simple case to have gone to Ashley and ask for permission to use the badge or whatever and explain the reasons and then take it from there, if Ashley said no then they would stand better in the moral battle. Instead they did what all sevconians past and present have done they were arrogant and went ahead and used it anyway.

marshallschunkychicken

It's interesting that the letter regarding the use of the Rangers logo is dated 21st August, but it's only just come to light at the beginning of November.

The cynic in me would suggest that it was maybe a deliberate act to use the IP without permission for a charity piece, so that they could store up some PR for later use.

For the record, why was it that they needed to have the Rangers badge on it when they already had the charity emblem there, which is what they were raising money for? Did the lack of the Rangers badge stop them from fundraising?

Glamorgan Jambo

I'm no big Mike Ashley fan but last night's leaks are little more than an attempt at smear, aided and abetted by morons like Jackson and Houston.

If King has broken the terms of his court injunction then it's the courts, not Ashley, that will be after him.

And if Houston used someone else's IP without even asking permission (it may well have been granted for zero royalty) then it's him, not Ashley, who's hiding behind a charity to promote his interests.

I doubt King will be chairman by Christmas.

Is the charity letter at all relevant to the King injunction? I thought it was just some flak thrown up to deflect attention and give folks the impression that Ashley is attacking a rangers charity and rangers chairmen in the same manner.

It is illegal (fraudulent ?) to use it without permission.

It's hard to imagine MA refusing consent , especially given that it's for a charity. He might even have waived any fee.

All of these stories prove yet again that Rangers think they can just ride roughshod over anything which doesn't suit them simply because that's the way things are normally done in Scotland for them, unfortunately they're dealing with a hard nosed guy like Mike Ashley instead of a complicit Scottish media and or Scottish football authorities this time. 

All of these leaks are King/Rangers PR spin to make Ashley look like the big bad bogeyman and to whip the orcs up into a frenzy so as Ashley get's all the blame for when the bad news is revealed shortly.

Im not convinced Ashley wiuld be accommodating, but I'd be surprised if Rangers; SoS; RF; RST don't know they need permission to use certain crests etc.

marshallschunkychicken

Just read an interesting comment on another site.

Maybe FF or someone familiar with the last set of accounts can confirm, but did the following information actually come from the accounts, or has the SoS guy just compounded the situation with regard to breaching the injunction?

Houston: 'With the latest accounts due out any day now I am willing to guess we wont see much difference from the 75p from every ?10 spent by fans on merchandise that the last set highlighted.'

So what your saying is, it's ok for anyone to use someone else owned property and claim its for charitable use?

In sevco's case we know that some of this lot are charlatans and liars, that although the record says no profit is made there is no hard proof that no profit had been made.

No one is blocking the use of the badge etc, I didn't read it that way, the block is the use WITHOUT permission and payment of rights, which Ashley is legally entitled to.

It would have been a simple case to have gone to Ashley and ask for permission to use the badge or whatever and explain the reasons and then take it from there, if Ashley said no then they would stand better in the moral battle. Instead they did what all sevconians past and present have done they were arrogant and went ahead and used it anyway.

King could, of course, simply pay the ?5 million back.

Come on- really?

I am sorry, charity or not, they have to observe the law, and are not automatically entitled to anything.

If a charity held a barbecue or bring and biy sale in my garden without consent, then Ibwould be pretty annoyed. I would expect my consent to be sought, and I expect the right to decline it, or charge the charity to use it, if I chose to do so.

Footballfirst

Just read an interesting comment on another site.

Maybe FF or someone familiar with the last set of accounts can confirm, but did the following information actually come from the accounts, or has the SoS guy just compounded the situation with regard to breaching the injunction?

Houston: 'With the latest accounts due out any day now I am willing to guess we wont see much difference from the 75p from every ?10 spent by fans on merchandise that the last set highlighted.'

The 75p figure came from a calculation by Craig Houston using the numbers in the accounts from 2013/14 and the first half of 2014/15.  The claimed 75p (7.5%) return on every ?10 spent on Rangers Retail is a misleading one in that the net profit must be double that at ?1.50 (15%) when taking account of SD?s share and conveniently avoids the one off costs of closing unprofitable shops and excess orders.

The impact of the failure to repay the SD loan, in order to restore Rangers 51% of the the profits, will obviously not be a consideration when the numbers from the 2015 accounts are published and we undoubtedly hear the wails from the WATP commentators.

Apparently.

Ha ha ha cant wait till u home aye

Another statement from SoS;

"WHY MIKE WANTS TO GAG OUR DIRECTORS.

Sports Direct own the rights to our shirt sponsorship when the 32red deal expires and they paid nothing for it.

If you care to look back on our timeline I have been talking about this since before the EGM in March.

Dastardly Mike done a deal our club when he had his two place men on our board

Remember Somers statement about "normalising" the marketing deal when he returned the ?1 for the stadium naming rights deal? Mr Somers forgot to tell us the normalisation really meant giving Ashley the rights to our shirts sponsor.

Magic Mike now has a decision to make. He can emblazon our shirt with Sports Direct or any other of his firms name or he could sell to the highest bidder and we would receive no money from our shirt sponsorship deal from next season

I have tried unsuccessfully to uncover the length of the deal but I would imagine it would have been similar to the stadium naming rights deal which from memory would have three years to go.

Our club now receives no money from shirt sponsorship, a pittance from merchandise and our board are gagged from explaining the full extent of his dastardly deals from fans and shareholders.

This wretched excuse of a man even attempted to curtail our own fund raising efforts while we raised a four figure sum for the Former Rangers Players Benevolent Fund.

I am confident to predict our soon to be released accounts will show very little difference from the 75p from each ?10 spent on club merchandise that was revealed in last years accounts. Remember at the time the Ashley controlled board attempted to claim we were due a massive dividend and we would be better this season?

I said it yesterday and I will say it again, the borderline legal acts of Llambias, Leach and Ashley are strangling our club. If anyone wants to google "companies act section 41" they will see why I'm happy to use such terminology.

Our club has been used as a personal piggy bank for Whyte and Green in the past and is now being used as a corporate piggy bank by Sports Direct.

Our fan base gave too much to the previous two before we woke up, let's not make the same mistake again.

Are we incapable of going a year or two without a replica shirt? Does it make you less of a fan spending your blue pounds on something else that gets more money in to our club? Buy a brick it lasts longer. Buy a few programmes. Buy someone less fortunate a ticket for a game.

It took us two years to get some fans round to accepting the last board were bad for our club, please let's not take the same length to get through to you on this one.

I fully expect a legal and PR vendetta against me, I've got news for you Mike, I'm well used to it and it won't deter me in bringing the fans together against you.

Ashley may have big pockets and thick skin but I will happily stand up against him because this is our club not a line on the accounts of Sports Direct.

I really wish we didn't need to start another campaign, I really wish we could just switch off and enjoy the football. The reality is we need to and we have learned so much from previous years and campaigns that we are even better prepared than before.

We the fans have the only thing he wants and it's in our pockets, give him it and nothing will change. Keep it from him and we have a chance.

Every bear needs to see this, share it on social media, show your friends and family that aren't online, discuss it on the busses on the way to games and don't just leave it to others. Together we will make a difference but it will take everyone doing something and not leaving it to a few.

Of course SOS will organise events and come up with ideas but it's not only us that need to do something. Join us, help spread the word and support us as we start this next chapter.

Gone are the times of petty squabbles between fans, we are far better than that this time. Let's just do what needs done together.

Remember we have beaten bullies before and we will again. How can I say this with confidence? It's simple we are Rangers fans.

Here before them, here after them. Here forever."

Sports Direct own the rights to our shirt sponsorship when the 32red deal expires and they paid nothing for it.

If you care to look back on our timeline I have been talking about this since before the EGM in March.

Dastardly Mike done a deal our club when he had his two place men on our board

Remember Somers statement about "normalising" the marketing deal when he returned the ?1 for the stadium naming rights deal? Mr Somers forgot to tell us the normalisation really meant giving Ashley the rights to our shirts sponsor.

Magic Mike now has a decision to make. He can emblazon our shirt with Sports Direct or any other of his firms name or he could sell to the highest bidder and we would receive no money from our shirt sponsorship deal from next season

I have tried unsuccessfully to uncover the length of the deal but I would imagine it would have been similar to the stadium naming rights deal which from memory would have three years to go.

Our club now receives no money from shirt sponsorship, a pittance from merchandise and our board are gagged from explaining the full extent of his dastardly deals from fans and shareholders.

This wretched excuse of a man even attempted to curtail our own fund raising efforts while we raised a four figure sum for the Former Rangers Players Benevolent Fund.

I am confident to predict our soon to be released accounts will show very little difference from the 75p from each ?10 spent on club merchandise that was revealed in last years accounts. Remember at the time the Ashley controlled board attempted to claim we were due a massive dividend and we would be better this season?

I said it yesterday and I will say it again, the borderline legal acts of Llambias, Leach and Ashley are strangling our club. If anyone wants to google "companies act section 41" they will see why I'm happy to use such terminology.

Our club has been used as a personal piggy bank for Whyte and Green in the past and is now being used as a corporate piggy bank by Sports Direct.

Our fan base gave too much to the previous two before we woke up, let's not make the same mistake again.

Are we incapable of going a year or two without a replica shirt? Does it make you less of a fan spending your blue pounds on something else that gets more money in to our club? Buy a brick it lasts longer. Buy a few programmes. Buy someone less fortunate a ticket for a game.

It took us two years to get some fans round to accepting the last board were bad for our club, please let's not take the same length to get through to you on this one.

I fully expect a legal and PR vendetta against me, I've got news for you Mike, I'm well used to it and it won't deter me in bringing the fans together against you.

Ashley may have big pockets and thick skin but I will happily stand up against him because this is our club not a line on the accounts of Sports Direct.

I really wish we didn't need to start another campaign, I really wish we could just switch off and enjoy the football. The reality is we need to and we have learned so much from previous years and campaigns that we are even better prepared than before.

We the fans have the only thing he wants and it's in our pockets, give him it and nothing will change. Keep it from him and we have a chance.

Every bear needs to see this, share it on social media, show your friends and family that aren't online, discuss it on the busses on the way to games and don't just leave it to others. Together we will make a difference but it will take everyone doing something and not leaving it to a few.

Of course SOS will organise events and come up with ideas but it's not only us that need to do something. Join us, help spread the word and support us as we start this next chapter.

Gone are the times of petty squabbles between fans, we are far better than that this time. Let's just do what needs done together.

Remember we have beaten bullies before and we will again. How can I say this with confidence? It's simple we are Rangers fans.

Ha ha ha ha this is cracking me up. So Ashley also has rights to the shirt sponsorship which will no doubt kick in when they make it to the premier league.

wow, just wow. Hope this guy has a good lawyer

Sons of struth are bat-shit crazy.

Who have they beaten?

Murray- lost

Whyte- Lost epically

Green - AGAIN having lost epically

Ashley- losing badly and consistently

Rangers fans need to wake up here- there is nothing they can do apart from pressure Glib to pay off Ashley, which King wont do for some reason.

I suspect King is potless

All the "jetting in" will be paid for by Rangers as a business expense naturally, as will his accommodation and fine dining.

That is how business works SOS, and you need to pay the piper

• Maple Leaf locked this topic