The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It's taken me 2 months but I have finally managed to finish reading this thread.

I'm pretty sure the threads gone full circle now..

...a bit disco

"A plea of not guilty to a charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice, by pretending to police that he did not live in the UK and was visiting the country for a catering course, was accepted by prosecutors."

He either did say that or he didn't. If he did say it then he was trying to pervert justice. I can never understand why these things are dropped by prosecutors.

To be fair, he probably was telling the truth.

You have seen him attempt to play football?

Catering is a better option for him.

:D

Probably a thousand jokes about Moshni and mince in there, but I refrain

Seemingly he told them he was a footballer and the cops, both Rangers fans, refused to believe him as they'd seen little evidence of this

post-25452-0-39484600-1409581895_thumb.jpg

Skivingatwork

Rangers Supporters ?@rangersfctrust 6m

Club Deck, Broomloan Rear & Copland Rear all closed for game against Inverness.

Because they can't sell enough tickets or are they unsafe ?

Anyone know how many seats that is ?

As much as I would love something sinister to be taking place here, I imagine it's simply a case of expecting a low crowd (c20k) for a midweek cup tie and they don't see the need to open the full stadium.

Footballfirst

Rangers Supporters ?@rangersfctrust 6m

Club Deck, Broomloan Rear & Copland Rear all closed for game against Inverness.

Because they can't sell enough tickets or are they unsafe ?

Anyone know how many seats that is ?

Club Deck is approx 6,600

Broomloan Rear and Copland Rear are around 4,375 each

I know it says the two 1.8m share deals were purchases, but these trades re often reported incorrectly. Often sales, particularly at midpoint are merely transfers of shares between brokers and don't really suggest anything in terms of ownership. Will be interesting if any announcement follows....

Haven't they already done this previously for a night game?. Slashes policing & stewarding costs to a minimum for them too.

It makes sense.

It's the club deck debenture holders I feel for not getting the chance to sit in their seat that was guaranteed for life.

Just under 5 1/2 hours to go until the window shuts, is it just me or does anyone else think that no one is interested in their players thus denying them a bit of a lifeline?

My mate just came out with a cracker on FB:

"It costs more to take a piss at Glasgow Queen Street station than it does to buy a share in Rangers. Think about that."

My mate just came out with a cracker on FB:

"It costs more to take a piss at Glasgow Queen Street station than it does to buy a share in Rangers. Think about that."

Lol you are right... a share is only 20p.

I couldn't say, why anyone would buy at this price given the open offer price would be lower beats me unless it's a sale between spivs to generate working capital ..

A sale of shares already issued wouldn't generate any working capital as the seller would receive the money from the buyer. Only newly issued shares would generate working capital.

Nice story in the today's record about D. Somers & his ?2500 Per Day wages !!!.. Spivtastic...

Link ?

Looks like it.

No word on any bids for Wallace etc but, SEVEN youth players have went on short term loans until the turn of the year.

Tom Walsh, Danny Stoney, Luca Gasparotto, Craig Halkett, Calum Gallagher, Barrie McKay and Robbie Crawford have all gone out on loan until January 1st.

Nice story in the today's record about D. Somers & his ?2500 Per Day wages !!!.. Spivtastic...

How much was Walter Smith remunerated?

For how long?

How much per day?

Who is more qualified as an independent chair of a AIM stock market listed company?

Looks like it.

No word on any bids for Wallace etc but, SEVEN youth players have went on short term loans until the turn of the year.

Tom Walsh, Danny Stoney, Luca Gasparotto, Craig Halkett, Calum Gallagher, Barrie McKay and Robbie Crawford have all gone out on loan until January 1st.

?2,500 a day?

Ally McCoist was getting paid similar, when he was managing in the bottom division.

I P Knightley

?2,500 a day?

Ally McCoist was getting paid similar, when he was managing in the bottom division.

Not far off.

Somers is a very part-time Non-Executive and costs the company ?60k - a relatively low expense given all the other waste that goes on there.

Yes, the day rate is high but it's low in the scheme of non-execs of larger commercial organisations (which Rangers should be); something the Record doesn't seem to want to mention, instead turning all attention away from the chronic mis-management of the playing affairs of the club.

I enjoyed the comment from the union of fandans rep:

His remark is insensitive to the many Rangers fans who live on the breadline or who scrimp and save for the season and matchday tickets that pay the inflated salaries of the likes of Somers and Wallace.

Again, no mention of the inflated salaries (or extravagant employment of) playing and coaching staff.

Not far off.

Somers is a very part-time Non-Executive and costs the company ?60k - a relatively low expense given all the other waste that goes on there.

Yes, the day rate is high but it's low in the scheme of non-execs of larger commercial organisations (which Rangers should be); something the Record doesn't seem to want to mention, instead turning all attention away from the chronic mis-management of the playing affairs of the club.

[/size][/font][/color]

Again, no mention of the inflated salaries (or extravagant employment of) playing and coaching staff.

Tin foil hat on.... IMO this story is just to get the fans against Wallace. The Record has been pro Rangers which was down to the journalists being fed succulent lamb by former board and friends. I still feel that these people, like Dave King and Paul Murray, still have eyes on the club. I believe the quickest and cheapest way they can get control is via another Admin/meltdown event. I have hunch that story's like this are coming from the old guard in destabilise the club and ultimately allow then back in the door.

:conspiracy:

Not far off.

[/size][/font][/color]

McCoist was on ?800,000 a year (technicaily still is, as he has only deferred part of it), which equates to around ?2,190 a day, which is probably not far off what most managers in the bottom league would get in a month, and which was more than Michael Laudraup was getting when he was managing in the English Premiership.

Whilst it sound a lot, as you say, for a role, such as Somers' the amount is not that ludicrous.

I P Knightley

Tin foil hat on.... IMO this story is just to get the fans against Wallace. The Record has been pro Rangers which was down to the journalists being fed succulent lamb by former board and friends. I still feel that these people, like Dave King and Paul Murray, still have eyes on the club. I believe the quickest and cheapest way they can get control is via another Admin/meltdown event. I have hunch that story's like this are coming from the old guard in destabilise the club and ultimately allow then back in the door.

I've little doubt that this is the case.

I also like their poll where one of the options is "It's the fault of the previous regime" without being specific whether they mean Green/Walter, Whyte or Murray/Walter. Whichever they meant, it's the option I chose.

:conspiracy:

Yep,

They want King in with his ?30m - quote K. Jackson yesterday (if he can get it in to the country that is) but that is probably the level of his spend / loss.

TRFC are due RIFC ?18m and there is a possible ?12m loan offer on the table to buy out Ibrox / MP (nice figures).

Even if you take out the onerous contracts, Rangers doesn't break even, even in the Premiership

King needs a full boycott and an admin event, but can't admit it. The Sons of Struth are already being criticised from within their fan base for the strike for the people who have bought their tickets.

Edited by DETTY29

Interesting that a tiny company (and ?19m turnover IS tiny), they feel the need to have a ?60k spend on a non exec. Sounds like a total waste of money in the circumstances

So reading the posts from people here and what I read elsewhere: the likely outcome is a large investment from one of the two or three interested, most likely King, but only after

a meltdown and admin again. The price the fans will need to pay is a 25 point deduction - it seems pretty sure -the' plus' is they then have someone , probably King, and ?30M injection. ( and then new shares?) the minus is, they won't get higher than 4th in this league so its two seasons here.

Well bring it on, please, I can't wait to see Sally's face -

and Miller's too, he who still thinks they can win the league. He's just a wee boy looking up to his grand old Club - as was. I feel sorry for him ;-)

?2,500 a day?

Don't you just love the verb to "trouser" ... ?

:alex:

So reading the posts from people here and what I read elsewhere: the likely outcome is a large investment from one of the two or three interested, most likely King, but only after

a meltdown and admin again. The price the fans will need to pay is a 25 point deduction - it seems pretty sure -the' plus' is they then have someone , probably King, and ?30M injection. ( and then new shares?) the minus is, they won't get higher than 4th in this league so its two seasons here.

and Miller's too, he who still thinks they can win the league. He's just a wee boy looking up to his grand old Club - as was. I feel sorry for him ;-)

I still reckon they will get to the end of this season. They just have to get in to the Premiership.

Even if the share options/issues fail and WOnga style rate loans required.

George Letham has reluctantly agreed to give the Sevco board a short extension to repay the ?1million loan that was due last week.

As expected, he won't be the one to pull the plug on them for non payment..

Does that mean Sevco are officially insolvent ?

SirRudolphofSkacel

Does that mean Sevco are officially insolvent ?

Does it count as an insolvency event and therefore points deduction?

HawkeyeTheGnu2.0

Does it count as an insolvency event and therefore points deduction?

Sadly not. The loan will have been considered to have been extended.

I simply cannot see a way out of it for them.

The new shares can only be bought by existing shareholders

Even then ?1million has to go to repay loans

Even then they are going to run out of cash by Christmas

They have NO fit and proper person waiting to step in

Honestly cannot see the current investors throwing another ?4million at this, then watching it all being diluted with the larger issue later on

Hagar the Horrible

Letham has reluctantly agreed? but the easedale has said nothing so far, George wont want to be the one pulling the plaug and will give them till the end of next week allowing the share issue to go through, but early indications is that its been a bit slow, still plenty of time though?

Open Offer Entitlements credited to CREST stock accounts of Qualifying CREST Shareholders

as soon as practicable after 8.00 a.m. on 1 September 2014

but they want the money in by the 9th and on the 12th it should be done and dusted? at this point will George the fan waver the loan or will he ask for it back? da da daaaaaaaaaa!

Fort Vallance

How does that work ? If they are a new club would it not just be 15 ? So they could have their history and trophies and a 25 point deduction or yet another phoenix from the flames -15 points ?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic