The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Rangers play ICT in a cup tie on the 16th and yet they have not yet started to sell a single ticket? they also play hibs towards

the end of next month? again no tickets up for sale yet, We however have already started to push for sell out games against the Blue Brazil and Livi? over the same window?

Do they think themselves that admin will be in place before the 16th and as such they wont lose that income to creditors? just putting two and two together and coming up with five?

but this is very strange considering they have some cash issues? you would think they would need that cash is early?

I think it's illegal to take income for an upcoming event if there's a danger you may be insolvent by the date of said event.

The Mighty Thor

I think it's illegal to take income for an upcoming event if there's a danger you may be insolvent by the date of said event.

As if that shower of shite would have any qualms about bumping folk for dough. Even ra peepul.

As if that shower of shite would have any qualms about bumping folk for dough. Even ra peepul.

Didn't stop our last lot doing it.

Gregory House M.D.

Why do the media still talk to that roaster Patey? He predicted we'd die and Rangers would survive.

Expert my arse.

The Mighty Thor

Didn't stop our last lot doing it.

Yip. Especially when we bumped the charities. That was my favourite bit.

FarmerTweedy

Why do the media still talk to that roaster Patey? He predicted we'd die and Rangers would survive.

Expert my arse.

Very much this! Patey is an utter bellend with no idea about anything football-related, especially financial matters!

I don't believe the bailout stories are true .....but if they are !?

Why would the "authorities" bail out a new club whose financial masterplan has been a shambles from the day they were shoehorned into the League. What sort of message does that send to other clubs who are struggling financially but have cut their cloth? Why would they bail out a club that has done absolutely NOTHING to even help itself come to terms with the ludicrous overspending on players etc. And what happened to the website where each clubs wages/income ratio was supposed to be published ? The longer this goes on the more I simply want Sevco to go bust and die.

I'm a great fan of giving people a second chance, within limits of course, in order to make good to those they have wronged and to learn from their mistakes. Rangers have done neither, showing neither contrition nor a genuine desire to run themselves on a sound financial footing. They've had their chance - there should be no more.

I've said this on other threats, the GFA will do everything in ther power to make sure the rangers are playing in the SPL next season.

Did we not ask for future funds and Doncaster told us to bolt saying they couldn't as they never had it to give us.

Did we not ask for future funds and Doncaster told us to bolt saying they couldn't as they never had it to give us.

Do you think any club would have the bottle to make a formal complaint should this happen ?

Think it's time for other chairmen to start asking questions and inform the media as to put pressure on the people supposedly running our game for the good of all clubs.

maroonlegions

100% correct, he more or less said its not written into their rules or should i say the "make it up as you go along rules".

maroonlegions

Do you think any club would have the bottle to make a formal complaint should this happen ?

Think it's time for other chairmen to start asking questions and inform the media as to put pressure on the people supposedly running our game for the good of all clubs.

Agree,when one club becomes the main focus or beneficiary to the detriment of all others its time to put as much pressure on as possible, total farce if they get such help.

We asked for the remainder of the prize money we would get for finishing 12th, as far as I'm aware we had already received about 80% of the cash (around ?650,000) before BDO asked for more but we couldn't guarantee that we would fulfil our remaining games, der hun could ask for money from the SPFL it's nothing new and has been done on a few occasions by the SPL and the SFL.

Rangers play ICT in a cup tie on the 16th and yet they have not yet started to sell a single ticket? they also play hibs towards

the end of next month? again no tickets up for sale yet, We however have already started to push for sell out games against the Blue Brazil and Livi? over the same window?

Do they think themselves that admin will be in place before the 16th and as such they wont lose that income to creditors? just putting two and two together and coming up with five?

but this is very strange considering they have some cash issues? you would think they would need that cash is early?

Maybe the printers of their tickets is one of the outstanding creditors?

Jambof3tornado

We asked for the remainder of the prize money we would get for finishing 12th, as far as I'm aware we had already received about 80% of the cash (around ?650,000) before BDO asked for more but we couldn't guarantee that we would fulfil our remaining games, der hun could ask for money from the SPFL it's nothing new and has been done on a few occasions by the SPL and the SFL.

Can sevco guarentee fulfilling their fixtures though?

I can't imagine other Championship clubs staying silent if the SPFL forwards monies to The Rangers. The obvious objection for me is or would be is why would I sanction someone to beat me into a lower position where I get less money and an even lesser chance of getting to the play offs.

Did anyone complain when we received advanced prise money from the SPL?

Did anyone complain when we received advanced prise money from the SPL?

I think it was a given that we were relegated anyway. Also we hadn't splash the cash on "big" signings and payed over the odds for gash like Moshni.

Can sevco guarentee fulfilling their fixtures though?

That's the question but could we guarantee the same when we got the advanced payments during the season, as I say IF they get cash up front from the SPFL it's nothing new, along with ourselves, Livingston, Gretna and Dunfermline have all had advanced payments perhaps more teams have also had these payments.

I think it was a given that we were relegated anyway. Also we hadn't splash the cash on "big" signings and payed over the odds for gash like Moshni.

That is EXACTLY why we were in the situation, vastly overspending on gash players, we received advanced payments throughout last season to keep us afloat.

That is EXACTLY why we were in the situation, vastly overspending on gash players, we received advanced payments throughout last season to keep us afloat.

When we were receiving these payments we had to apply austerity to the club and we were under a double whammy transfer embargo. The Rangers are under no constraints and could well bring other players by using that up front money which is supposed to keep them afloat. The two scenarios are completely different and can't be compared. If Rangers are in an administration process then and only then would up front money be acceptable.

Difference being we spent a year cutting costs and The Rangers have kept on spending like they're regular visitors to the Champion's League.

When we were receiving these payments we had to apply austerity to the club and we were under a double whammy transfer embargo. The Rangers are under no constraints and could well bring other players by using that up front money which is supposed to keep them afloat. The two scenarios are completely different and can't be compared. If Rangers are in an administration process then and only then would up front money be acceptable.

Jeeso man, of course they would have to justify why they need the money and if they are suffering from some kind of insolvency event then they would be automatically banned from registering players under the SPFL rules, you are on the assumption that der hun are going to ask for this upfront cash and getting your pantie elastic in a twist over something that hasn't even happened.

That's the question but could we guarantee the same when we got the advanced payments during the season, as I say IF they get cash up front from the SPFL it's nothing new, along with ourselves, Livingston, Gretna and Dunfermline have all had advanced payments perhaps more teams have also had these payments.

Big difference being all the clubs you mentioned were actively trying to cut cost , not your team though.

the jambo poet

snapback.pngrudi, on 31 August 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

the thing is we're only 4 games into the season ffs....4 games.....4 games I tell ye....we all knew they where they were heading...I'm guessing everyone else in the country did too....The Rangers did.....yet they still sign internationals ???

Difference being we spent a year cutting costs and The Rangers have kept on spending like they're regular visitors to the Champion's League.

So what your saying is that they don't deserve the same early hand out's that we and other clubs have received for our/their over spending?

So what your saying is that they don't deserve the same early hand out's that we and other clubs have received for our/their over spending?

Not while the transfer window is open they don't.

They have time to sell some players. Will they?

Big difference being all the clubs you mentioned were actively trying to cut cost , not your team though.

My team have just escaped extinction because of some lunatics running of my club which aided and abetted in my club being relegated to the championship, also Gretna didn't try and cut costs nor did livingston come to think of it so you pishy point is useless.

Not while the transfer window is open they don't.

They have time to sell some players. Will they?

The transfer window doesn't shut for them or us till march I think, if no one wants to buy any of their players then they can't sell them, also were we forced to sell players last season by the SPL after getting a bailout? Edited by rudi

The transfer window doesn't shut for them or us till march I think, if no one wants to buy any of their players then they can't sell them.

True.

But have they been trying to offload players? Cut the wage bill?

My team have just escaped extinction because of some lunatics running of my club which aided and abetted in my club being relegated to the championship, also Gretna didn't try and cut costs nor did livingston come to think of it so you pishy point is useless.

Knickers in a twist ? Let's hope your team don't rely on another Lunatic owner in the future.

Knickers in a twist ? Let's hope your team don't rely on another Lunatic owner in the future.

I didn't want the first lunatic owner to start with, but we seem to have a good un at the helm at the moment she's doing a splendid job.

True.

But have they been trying to offload players? Cut the wage bill?

I would think their wage bill has been reduced since they were last in the top league but do you know for a fact that they are not trying to sell players, if the money is right then they will sell simple as that.

The only way The Rangers should get any up front money is if they are in administration have suffered a points deduction and are under a signing embargo.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

If TRFC are asking for 'prize money' then there is little, if not no, comparison to the situation with Hearts or even Gretna. For one, both Hearts and Gretna were well into the season when they did ask, and, very importantly, the amounts involved would make a real difference to the possibility/likelihood of both clubs making it to the end of the season (due to their low cost base). There isn't enough money in the coffers of the SFA and SPFL to make any real difference to TRFC's prospects of seeing the season through, even if this ?4m share offer is a complete success (at their own admittance). TRFC have, however, earned some prize money by virtue of progressing in both the Challenge Cup and League Cup, so I'd have no problem with them ante-ing up for that.

Mind they tried to sign Cousin AFTER going into administration the first time round

Not exactly true, they tried to sign him about a week before they went into administration but the SPL stopped any registration as they were "subject to an insolvency even".

Scottish Professional Football League SCO

Days Hours Minutes Seconds

01 : 05 : 21 : 33

Start: 10.06.2014 - 00h | Close: 01.09.2014 - 23h

The transfer window doesn't shut for them or us till march I think, if no one wants to buy any of their players then they can't sell them, also were we forced to sell players last season by the SPL after getting a bailout?

The only way The Rangers should get any up front money is if they are in administration have suffered a points deduction and are under a signing embargo.

Why?

I would think their wage bill has been reduced since they were last in the top league but do you know for a fact that they are not trying to sell players, if the money is right then they will sell simple as that.

I don't know for a fact but the way McCoist talks about bringing players in/warchests etc. tells me they aren't.

Scottish Professional Football League SCO

Days Hours Minutes Seconds

01 : 05 : 21 : 33

Start: 10.06.2014 - 00h | Close: 01.09.2014 - 23h

Pretty sure these windows are only for teams in the top leagues, as far as I'm aware lower level teams can still sign players until march.

I don't know for a fact but the way McCoist talks about bringing players in/warchests etc. tells me they aren't.

Gary Locke was saying the same thing was he not before we went belly up?

Not exactly true, they tried to sign him about a week before they went into administration but the SPL stopped any registration as they were "subject to an insolvency even".

They appealed though, after admin, as they still wanted to sign him.

K. Jackson has tweeted: Both the SFA and SPFL deny giving any cash advances to RFC.

Can't honestly see how the SFA could give any team a cash advancement they have nothing to do with the SPFL or money generated through the leagues.

They appealed though, after admin, as they still wanted to sign him.

They said something along the lines of he had already been signed but not registered before the went into administration but at the end of the day did he get registered as a player, no.

Why?

See posts 62334 and 62341 no club should receive money unless they are officially skint.

Pretty sure these windows are only for teams in the top leagues, as far as I'm aware lower level teams can still sign players until march.

I'm not 100% sure if this applies to lower leagues as you say maybe others can verify it.

Edited by Dannie Boy

They said something along the lines of he had already been signed but not registered before the went into administration but at the end of the day did he get registered as a player, no.

No one said he did. They still tried to register him, though, whilst in admin, when most businesses are laying off staff and slashing costs - just like they kept on staying on four star hotel, when playing games only one hour away from Glasgow.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic