The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Because that was the conditions that led Hearts and Gretna getting an advance.

Don't think they can deduct points during the season sure it's only if you start the season whilst in administration and as I've already stated they would have to tell the SPFL why they need the cash so would therefore be admitting to some kind of insolvency event which would then trigger an automatic registration embargo anyway.

Tell a lie rangers were deducted ten points when they went into administration.

Edited by rudi

No one said he did. They still tried to register him, though, whilst in admin, when most businesses are laying off staff and slashing costs - just like they kept on staying on four star hotel, when playing games only one hour away from Glasgow.

So what, your making an argument out of nothing, Cousin wasn't allowed to be registered as a player end of story.

Don't think they can deduct points during the season sure it's only if you start the season whilst in administration and as I've already stated they would have to tell the SPFL why they need the cash so would therefore be admitting to some kind of insolvency event which would then trigger an automatic registration embargo anyway.

Tell a lie rangers were deducted ten points when they went into administration.

:wtf:

Yes that's quite true .. Unless it was cash from a scot cup match or tv revenue generated through it

But even then what cup games have they played in run by the SFA, that's why I think that part of it is just mischief making, getting money from the SPFL on the other hand could happen.

:wtf:

I made a mistake and did say so, I was getting mixed up with our 15 points deduction for starting to season in administration.

I made a mistake and did say so, I was getting mixed up with our 15 points deduction for starting to season in administration.

Fair enough, didn't notice your edit.

tartofmidlothian

Rudi, I realise you're picking apart points which may not be fully sound, but why so keen to defend Rangers?

Rudi, I realise you're picking apart points which may not be fully sound, but why so keen to defend Rangers?

Who's defending rangers, my original point was that if they did receive any cash advancement from the SPFL then it wouldn't be anything new as we have benefited along with other clubs before some made an arse of themselves saying the SPFL will do anything to help them, that's all.

Share issue will fail, someone on the board ponies up 4m 'loan' in exchange for security on Ibrox and/or Murray Park. Still go into admin later-in the year and club (minus assets) is sold to the fans who make a pigs ear of running it whilst paying exorbitant rent for ever. Cannae wait to watch this pan out. :Spock:

I heard that a certain high salaried individual at Ibrox has been told they have 3 months to sort out their drink problem or they are out the door.

Malinga the Swinga

Why not just sell as many players for whatever they can get? Why sign Zal, another keeper last week (cause it is unfair to play young keepers according to Ally), why sign McGregor, why have so many coaches? Cut your wage bill, try some austerity measures like everyone else, and then, and only then will they be entitled to any sympathy. Even then, not from me.

You've said the Sfa couldn't give them cash, I've showed an instance where they could. If they'd played in that tournament already, they haven't making it academic tbh.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not the one saying sevco have had a cash advance btw. I don't believe they have & the monies that would be involved are a pittance in relation to sevco's actual running costs too.

A cash advance would NOT save them, only a near full take up in the share option will ..

Wasn't saying you were the one making things up, apologies if it came over that way that was not the intention, I agree with you in that any cash from the league wouldn't help them very much so I really doubt if they would go down that route which would have them admit they are in soapy bubble and therefore trigger the insolvency event punishments, even that lot are not that stupid, if the share issue fails and they don't have someone like King to bail them out then it can only end in tears.

Did the SFA not stop paying teams for youth development as well?

Edited by rudi

Salary has become an alkie as far as I can see from his face and responses. Treeatment time man, for heavens sake.

I heard that a certain high salaried individual at Ibrox has been told they have 3 months to sort out their drink problem or they are out the door.

is it SuperLager Ally?

Pointless post.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Pretty sure these windows are only for teams in the top leagues, as far as I'm aware lower level teams can still sign players until march.

:really: ...there's a chance Morton could swoop in for Temps and Trigger?

Diadora Van Basten

Broxy bear?

Hagar the Horrible

If they go into admin now, then with 23k season tickets sold, The administrators at best will only have access to 20k people paying say ?25 for only 15 remaining games? this will bring n ?7.5m but as they have spent 23k worth in only 3 games, it just wont be enough, new owners will need to put their own money up just to get them to the end of the season.

If they go into admin now, then with 23k season tickets sold, The administrators at best will only have access to 20k people paying say ?25 for only 15 remaining games? this will bring n ?7.5m but as they have spent 23k worth in only 3 games, it just wont be enough, new owners will need to put their own money up just to get them to the end of the season.

My understanding is that they haven't been able to access the ST money to date, it has been ring fenced and released to the club on a game by game basis. This I believe was at the insistence of their auditors, who did not want them to use ST monies to pay off pre-existing debts, namely the ?1.5m borrowed from shareholder in Feb and due to be repaid by the end of August (approx 4 hours from now!).

If they raise the ?4m from the share issue, that will allow them to clear their existing debts and they will be able to access the full ST money, which will tide them over a bit longer.

Footballfirst

My understanding is that they haven't been able to access the ST money to date, it has been ring fenced and released to the club on a game by game basis. This I believe was at the insistence of their auditors, who did not want them to use ST monies to pay off pre-existing debts, namely the ?1.5m borrowed from shareholder in Feb and due to be repaid by the end of August (approx 4 hours from now!).

If they raise the ?4m from the share issue, that will allow them to clear their existing debts and they will be able to access the full ST money, which will tide them over a bit longer.

If they have only been spending the ST money on a game by game basis, then they will have spent one sixth of it already, as they have already played three home league games.

Why not just sell as many players for whatever they can get? Why sign Zal, another keeper last week (cause it is unfair to play young keepers according to Ally), why sign McGregor, why have so many coaches? Cut your wage bill, try some austerity measures like everyone else, and then, and only then will they be entitled to any sympathy. Even then, not from me.

Was having a pint in my local pub an hour or so ago. Heard a middle age Bluenose telling an older Celtic fan that his team were rank rotten today and they were lucky to get a point. He quite correctly said he agreed but the other side the the Glasgow bahookie weren't that great either yesterday. This he agreed with and said McCoist better get his act together and get get some decent players in before the transfer window and finished by saying " and none of the cheap sh@@e he's bought so far. There will be a lot of them who would laugh at such a suggestion but if I'm being honest the there would more nodding their heads and agreeing with this The wind of reality blowing up their trousers legs seem still not have reached their gonads never mind what little grey matter they may possess !!

Pretty sure these windows are only for teams in the top leagues, as far as I'm aware lower level teams can still sign players until march.

I think you're nearly right mate, my understanding is that lower league teams can make loan signings after the window closes but the Premier League teams can't except in excetional circumstances.

upgotheheads

don't think so.

Just as an aside to today's announcement, a company called Worthington Group PLC had their suspension of trading lifted today with the issue of their accounts for the last 18 months.

http://www.iii.co.uk...context=LSE:WRN

Their share price opened at the suspension price of 3.25p and is currently sitting at 32p (up 882% on the day).

What has the above got to do with Rangers, you may ask?

Two things:

1) Worthington put up some of their pension fund cash into Craig Whyte's purchase of Rangers from SDM in May 2011 and is one of the companies with a claim outstanding against Whyte's lawyers, Collyer Bristow.

From Worthington's accounts

Legal proceedings are ongoing with regard to the Pension Fund's uncompleted secured loan of ?3m to Rangers Football Club. Our legal team are confident that the ?3m will be recovered, plus interest & costs.

2) Their accounts also reveal that they exercised an option to increase their stake in a company called Law Financial from 26% to 100%, making it a wholly owned subsidiary. It is Law Financial who claim ownership of Sevco 5088 as a subsidiary and have the claim against TRFC for the ownership of Ibrox and Murray Park.

From Worthington's accounts:

9. Acquisition

On 16th April 2013 the Company acquired a 26% stake in Law Financial Limited ("LFL") for ?250,000 payable in unsecured convertible loan notes issued by the Company repayable in 2019. Law Financial Ltd is a recently incorporated company with a number of subsidiaries, one of which owns an ongoing legal claim against the assets of Rangers Football Club Limited. The Company was also granted an option to acquire the remaining share capital of LFL for ?750,000 which was exercised on 28th October 2013.

The accounts also indicate that the book value of Law Financial's litigation is estimated at ?10M (value of Ibrox and Murray Park???)

Watch this space.

Going back to Footballfirst's post, I have no doubt to the accuracy of the research and this makes what is happening very interesting indeed. The existing board have said on many occasions that they would not use Ibroke or fairypark as security for a loan, this is probably why, they can't. It then calls into question the whole financial basis of TRFC. Thinking back to when they first were sold to Whyte, the deal was done because Bank of Scotland were calling in the overdraft. At ?18 mill, that was not too big for a new owner (a sensible one that is) to carry, however, the EBTs and the risk of HRMC of winning their case for around ?70 mill made the risk too great. They now have a similar problem with the risk of the ownership of the companies two largest assets. No sensible business person would try for a buy out or buy a large stake of a company vastly over spending their income not backed by any asset value.

They are touting King (clearly fails fit and proper tests on so many levels - and is clearly not liked by the board) and Ashley (running the risk of dual ownership problems, and so limited to the number of shares he can buy) as saviours. Neither are - this won't happen.

All they are doing is paddling the life raft as the air leaks out and they can't get to land to save themselves. It's not a matter of if they go into admin, but when.

The SFA and the SPFL both have their hands tied now as they used up any political capital when they changed the rules to allow them back into Div 3 last time they went t1ts up. So let's just sit back and enjoy the show.

Geoff Kilpatrick

K. Jackson has tweeted: Both the SFA and SPFL deny giving any cash advances to RFC.

There you go Rudi. Your work is done now.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rudi isn't defending Sevco, he's just working.

Going back to Footballfirst's post, I have no doubt to the accuracy of the research and this makes what is happening very interesting indeed. The existing board have said on many occasions that they would not use Ibroke or fairypark as security for a loan, this is probably why, they can't. It then calls into question the whole financial basis of TRFC. Thinking back to when they first were sold to Whyte, the deal was done because Bank of Scotland were calling in the overdraft. At ?18 mill, that was not too big for a new owner (a sensible one that is) to carry, however, the EBTs and the risk of HRMC of winning their case for around ?70 mill made the risk too great. They now have a similar problem with the risk of the ownership of the companies two largest assets. No sensible business person would try for a buy out or buy a large stake of a company vastly over spending their income not backed by any asset value.

They are touting King (clearly fails fit and proper tests on so many levels - and is clearly not liked by the board) and Ashley (running the risk of dual ownership problems, and so limited to the number of shares he can buy) as saviours. Neither are - this won't happen.

All they are doing is paddling the life raft as the air leaks out and they can't get to land to save themselves. It's not a matter of if they go into admin, but when.

The SFA and the SPFL both have their hands tied now as they used up any political capital when they changed the rules to allow them back into Div 3 last time they went t1ts up. So let's just sit back and enjoy the show.

The question marks over Ibrox and MP would also explain why the Easdale loan is secured over the other heritable assets. The other major stumbling block for any share issue is the fact that they don't yet seem to have worked out how many more of Charlie's mates were granted share options, like those granted to Brian Stockbridge that came to light a month or two ago. Until they get to the bottom of that, then any potential investor will not know exactly what share of the club they are buying. Omnishambles!

tartofmidlothian

Rudi isn't defending Sevco, he's just working.

Over my head, Geoff. Are you saying he's laying the old astroturf?

Geoff Kilpatrick

You have a PM.

EDIT: Or you would do if you had space.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Now I'm confused. :(

Did anyone complain when we received advanced prise money from the SPL?

We'd cut our squad right back to the square root of feck all

Those Hun arseholes have taken on a load of international footballers over the summer

They are essentially asking the SPFL to subsidise their transfer policy.

Those Hun arseholes have taken on a load of international footballers over the summer

And this utter lack of humility is why everyone would have the right to be pissed.

tartofmidlothian

You have a PM.

EDIT: Or you would do if you had space.

Oops, couple I hadn't even read in there. It's clear now, cheers.

Agree,when one club becomes the main focus or beneficiary to the detriment of all others its time to put as much pressure on as possible, total farce if they get such help.

This has been the case though for two clubs pretty much since the inception of the SPL and "all others" have just worn it and done nothing about it even when they had the opportunity to change voting structure etc.

Its clear TIRFC don't have enough money to last to Christmas let alone the end of the season ...

Are there not rules (new ones!) that state a club has to prove to the SFA that they have funds to last the season?

Did Anne Budge not have to go to the SFA and show the business plan?

How come TIRFC were allowed non scrutiny?

Its clear TIRFC don't have enough money to last to Christmas let alone the end of the season ...

Are there not rules (new ones!) that state a club has to prove to the SFA that they have funds to last the season?

Cos

Statts1976uk

Just looking through some old posts and was wondering, what ever happened to our pet Rangers supporter Bryce9a?

Just looking through some old posts and was wondering, what ever happened to our pet Rangers supporter Bryce9a?

Binned eventually.

Spot feckin on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?4m share options in September; ?30m share issue in October. That's all they had to present. Similar to Fedotovas and his pie in the sky ?2.5m year membership scheme

Fit and Proper Persons and Business Plans criteria from our football authorities aren't worth the bog roll its written on.

And we probably benefitted last season too to an extent.

Advantage Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco have is that the football authorities played open handed negotiations back in 2012 by letting the whole world believe that Scottish football is fecked without them. So basically they can do what they want now.

All the presentations given to the clubs focused on the finance elements rather than the rules.

I'll repeat it was incredulous that a club who initially needed associate memberships of the SFA to play in the lowest tier of professional football in Scotland was given one so easily based on a business needing ?56m - ?66m funding from the stock exchange to get to year 5 at best.

And Champions League or extremely successful Europa League thereafter to even come close to break even.

Doncaster told us that any more than 12 teams in the top league simply isn't financially viable. I'd like to think that if there are any discussions going on in the background in terms of league reconstruction to protect Rangers (or us or Hibs for that matter) and Scottish football finances, all clubs, bar Celtic naturally, are pushing for money spinning play offs to settle the Premiership winners.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Apparently, this article from Bill Leckie has upset the Govan knuckledraggers

Leckie: Stop giving to Ibrox, start following your local team!

Bill Leckie;

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

If they don?t heed those words as the vultures circle Ibrox once again, then hell mend them.

First time their club went to the wall, they manned the barricades to protect it from a big, nasty outside world. For that, no matter what other thoughts you have on the matter, their loyalty surely deserves to be applauded.

But now? Two-and-a-half years on? If, despite being given a second chance to repair the horrendous mistakes of the past, a club with this level of support goes into administration AGAIN?

Sorry, but if it was me I wouldn?t give them another penny.

On Saturday, once more, thousands turned up brandishing red cards to express their unhappiness at the way the love of their lives is being mismanaged. And, once more, those responsible for the mismanagement laughed up their sleeves at the pointlessness of the protest.

Because to brandish those red cards, you have to pay your money to get inside the stadium. Which hands yet more cash to the people you're protesting at so they can go ahead and waste it.

Listen, what do I know? They?re not my club and the one I do follow has never been to the heights Rangers have reached to suffer such a humiliating, disorientating fall. I'?m just someone looking in and wondering how the hell, in all good conscience, Bluenoses can carry on regardless if and when the accountants take over the asylum once more.

Actually, don?t answer that. It's not a can of worms that?s worth opening, this We-Are-The-People, Rangers-Till-I-Die, stick-your-fingers-in-your-ears-and-sing-Follow-Follow mindset. So, for what it?s worth, let me instead pass on my suggestion for what they should do if their club re-enters the abyss.

Sod it.

Turn their backs on it.

Give it, as a man on the other side of Glasgow once said, not one more thin dime.

And instead, invest in the future of Scottish clubs who DO run their affairs honestly and who DO have respect for those who click the turnstiles.

Go and back your old skipper Barry Ferguson as he tries to make things happen at Clyde. Go and see what another ex-player in Gary Bollan?s doing with Airdrie.

If you?re from Fife, go and watch East Fife or Cowdenbeath. If you?re in Angus, hand your tenner to Arbroath or Brechin, Forfar or Montrose. If you don?t want to give up your wee jaunt over from Northern Ireland, get off the ferry and stroll up to Stair Park.

There?s been a school of thought among some these last couple of years that Rangers being forced to do the grand tour of the colonies meant the lower divisions should have been grateful for the gate receipts and the TV handouts.

For me, this always got it the wrong way round. It was those inside Ibrox should have been thankful that they were in still in business and ABLE to head for Elgin and Berwick and Stranraer.

Now, as fresh financial catastrophe looms, I?d put it to Rangers fans that they could do far more good for far more people if they stopped pouring money into what has long since ceased to be ?their? club and started drip-feeding it to those who genuinely are the game?s lifeblood.

Why? I?ll give you three good reasons. One, those halfwits in your directors? box shouldn?t be trusted with the remote for the telly, never mind your wages.

Two, that 30,000-odd of you spread among the country?s 20-odd part-time clubs would not only create better atmospheres but also help to cement football in communities for the long term.

And three? You might just get to relax and enjoy the game, rather than always being angry and stressed about it. Watching Ayr United play Stenhousemuir might just extend your life. The alternative to this is a simple one. Stand your ground and, by your very presence, condone the halfwits in the directors? box.

Two-and-a-half years on from that first administration and the liquidation that followed, these halfwits need to scramble together ?4million in a matter of days to keep their heads above water.

To achieve this, they may need to flog their saleable players before the transfer window closes, which will hamper your hopes of promotion back to the top flight.

If they don?t raise the money, they stand to suffer a 25-point deduction as punishment for a second spell in administration, all but ending those promotion hopes.

How, with the wages they pay and the crowds they attract and the sheer intimidatory force of their name that is a two-goal start against far smaller opposition, can this possibly be?

How the lumping hell can the people running a club the size of Rangers be handed the chance they were to start again, to build sensibly, to tool up for their return to where they want to be, and yet fail so utterly miserably?

How? The clue is in the word halfwits. So maybe I?ve got this all the wrong way round. And it?s those Ibrox directors who should be sent to the outposts of the footballing empire instead.

Maybe Graham Wallace and the Easdales and whoever else is a player in this embarrassing saga are the ones who need to go out into the real world and see how real football people operate.

Trust me, if a month shadowing the treasurer at Albion Rovers didn?t shame them into living within their means, liquidation?s too good for them.

Brick Tamland

Apparently, this article from Bill Leckie has upset the Govan knuckledraggers

Leckie: Stop giving to Ibrox, start following your local team!

Bill Leckie;

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

If they don?t heed those words as the vultures circle Ibrox once again, then hell mend them.

First time their club went to the wall, they manned the barricades to protect it from a big, nasty outside world. For that, no matter what other thoughts you have on the matter, their loyalty surely deserves to be applauded.

But now? Two-and-a-half years on? If, despite being given a second chance to repair the horrendous mistakes of the past, a club with this level of support goes into administration AGAIN?

Sorry, but if it was me I wouldn?t give them another penny.

On Saturday, once more, thousands turned up brandishing red cards to express their unhappiness at the way the love of their lives is being mismanaged. And, once more, those responsible for the mismanagement laughed up their sleeves at the pointlessness of the protest.

Because to brandish those red cards, you have to pay your money to get inside the stadium. Which hands yet more cash to the people you're protesting at so they can go ahead and waste it.

Listen, what do I know? They?re not my club and the one I do follow has never been to the heights Rangers have reached to suffer such a humiliating, disorientating fall. I'?m just someone looking in and wondering how the hell, in all good conscience, Bluenoses can carry on regardless if and when the accountants take over the asylum once more.

Actually, don?t answer that. It's not a can of worms that?s worth opening, this We-Are-The-People, Rangers-Till-I-Die, stick-your-fingers-in-your-ears-and-sing-Follow-Follow mindset. So, for what it?s worth, let me instead pass on my suggestion for what they should do if their club re-enters the abyss.

Sod it.

Turn their backs on it.

Give it, as a man on the other side of Glasgow once said, not one more thin dime.

And instead, invest in the future of Scottish clubs who DO run their affairs honestly and who DO have respect for those who click the turnstiles.

Go and back your old skipper Barry Ferguson as he tries to make things happen at Clyde. Go and see what another ex-player in Gary Bollan?s doing with Airdrie.

If you?re from Fife, go and watch East Fife or Cowdenbeath. If you?re in Angus, hand your tenner to Arbroath or Brechin, Forfar or Montrose. If you don?t want to give up your wee jaunt over from Northern Ireland, get off the ferry and stroll up to Stair Park.

There?s been a school of thought among some these last couple of years that Rangers being forced to do the grand tour of the colonies meant the lower divisions should have been grateful for the gate receipts and the TV handouts.

For me, this always got it the wrong way round. It was those inside Ibrox should have been thankful that they were in still in business and ABLE to head for Elgin and Berwick and Stranraer.

Now, as fresh financial catastrophe looms, I?d put it to Rangers fans that they could do far more good for far more people if they stopped pouring money into what has long since ceased to be ?their? club and started drip-feeding it to those who genuinely are the game?s lifeblood.

Why? I?ll give you three good reasons. One, those halfwits in your directors? box shouldn?t be trusted with the remote for the telly, never mind your wages.

Two, that 30,000-odd of you spread among the country?s 20-odd part-time clubs would not only create better atmospheres but also help to cement football in communities for the long term.

And three? You might just get to relax and enjoy the game, rather than always being angry and stressed about it. Watching Ayr United play Stenhousemuir might just extend your life. The alternative to this is a simple one. Stand your ground and, by your very presence, condone the halfwits in the directors? box.

Two-and-a-half years on from that first administration and the liquidation that followed, these halfwits need to scramble together ?4million in a matter of days to keep their heads above water.

To achieve this, they may need to flog their saleable players before the transfer window closes, which will hamper your hopes of promotion back to the top flight.

If they don?t raise the money, they stand to suffer a 25-point deduction as punishment for a second spell in administration, all but ending those promotion hopes.

How, with the wages they pay and the crowds they attract and the sheer intimidatory force of their name that is a two-goal start against far smaller opposition, can this possibly be?

How the lumping hell can the people running a club the size of Rangers be handed the chance they were to start again, to build sensibly, to tool up for their return to where they want to be, and yet fail so utterly miserably?

How? The clue is in the word halfwits. So maybe I?ve got this all the wrong way round. And it?s those Ibrox directors who should be sent to the outposts of the footballing empire instead.

Maybe Graham Wallace and the Easdales and whoever else is a player in this embarrassing saga are the ones who need to go out into the real world and see how real football people operate.

Trust me, if a month shadowing the treasurer at Albion Rovers didn?t shame them into living within their means, liquidation?s too good for them.

Ooof. No succulent lamb coming his way soon.

if rumors are correct (if) and Wallace & mcLeod are being flogged to Brighton for ?3 mill (up front) today,does that mean the gers would need to go ahead and play their match against East Fife?

While I fully agree with this we do need to be careful of the hypocrisy charge. We were days away from losing Tynie due to the Pieman's mis-management and followed up with Vlad. Thank heavens for Ann Budge. As far as following your local team, couldn't agree more. And it goes for both sides of the old scum.

livingstonjambo

if rumors are correct (if) and Wallace & mcLeod are being flogged to Brighton for ?3 mill (up front) today,does that mean the gers would need to go ahead and play their match against East Fife?

There is no chance they will get close to that amount for those players. Why would anyone pay that much when the club they are buying from are skint? More bigging up the prices from the rangers media machine

Victor Meldrew

While I fully agree with this we do need to be careful of the hypocrisy charge. We were days away from losing Tynie due to the Pieman's mis-management and followed up with Vlad. Thank heavens for Ann Budge. As far as following your local team, couldn't agree more. And it goes for both sides of the old scum.

I agree with you, but I think Leckie's point is a good one: Rangers simply haven't learned the lessons of the past. After liquidation and forming the new company, they went on as before, behaving in precisely the way that got them into trouble in the first place. Hopefully, we won't be making that mistake: we've said that our model is to develop our young players, and augment the squad with a few experienced pros to help them develop.

That's exactly what Rangers ought to have done: they had the perfect opportunity with (at least) 3 years in the lower leagues. However the pressure on them to get back into the SPL within 3 years was too great for them to consider taking any risk at all, and so they spent a fortune on players they really didn't need.

I really hope that they go under this time. Their arrogance and sense of entitlement throughout the last few years has been really irritating.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic