The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

jamboinglasgow

Wasnt it the main SFA board as well as remaining as chair of SPFL?

Now it has been proved we didn't lose income with Rangers not being in Premiership/ Championship, I'm assuming if Rangers are so important and are promoted via the play offs, all TV and sponsorship deals are ripped up and renegotiated upwards. Significantly.

I'd be demanding that of Doncaster.

Why is it the same people who have failed Scottish football just get an easy ride at the top, sitting on the same boards or on other boards, getting away with little in the way of accountability. They need to be held accountable for their positions but the whole rules of these committees is designed tor restrict new people in and keep the same people in charge.

He's retired from William Hill I believe

He has now but at the time when he warned of nuclear winters i'm sure he was still WH CEO, who sponsored the Scottish Cup etc.

Didn't actually realise Topping was a H1B5 fan. It puts his delusional rant into perspective.

He is one very wealthy man nowadays.

I would not be surprised if he was to be involved in one of the consortium's trying to take over at Hibs.

Purely conjecture on my part here I admit.

Why do people that are in charge of Scottish football remind me of the spivs that have been, and are, in charge off the Rangers.

Edited by niblick1874

Is Ralph Topping still around after the SPL changed into the SPFL ?

CEO of William Hill and an extremely harsh boss.He elbowed his way to the top.

Also a f*****g hibbie .

He is in the background along with Rod Petrie in the iconic Rudy photo at Hampden on 19/05/12 wearing dark glasses to hide the tears :pleasing:

post pic please that would be interesting to see

Why do people that are in charge of Scottish football remind me of the spivs that have been, and are, in charge off the Rangers.

Good point, they are all in cahoots. Spiv enablers

FarmerTweedy

Is Ralph Topping still around after the SPL changed into the SPFL ?

CEO of William Hill and an extremely harsh boss.He elbowed his way to the top.

Also a f*****g hibbie .

He is in the background along with Rod Petrie in the iconic Rudy photo at Hampden on 19/05/12 wearing dark glasses to hide the tears :pleasing:

Rudy?

FarmerTweedy

Topping's letter. :cornette:

The whole thing stinks. It stank to high heaven then and it fecking reeks now too.

Sadly the arseholes that constitute the main players are still in the ivory towers.

****s the lot of them.

Am I the only one who read Topping's alleged email and didn't for one second think it's genuine?

Am I the only one who read Topping's alleged email and didn't for one second think it's genuine?

I feel that way about most of the 'leeks' that have been posted. (Charlotte fakes etc.)

I feel that way about most of the 'leeks' that have been posted. (Charlotte fakes etc.)

I think Charlotte Fakes had a degree of credibility because of the leaked recordings of key players discussing how they were going to con their way through the 1st administration.

Charlotte Fakes material is going to be admissible in court at the BDO on behalf of RFC (IL) creditors v. Collier Bristle so someone is going to have to prove it's merits or otherwise.

Hector is not finished yet and yet we hear SDM And Super Salary mouthing of about the injustice.

HMRC seeks to appeal Rangers tax ruling

Posted by nickhuber PM | on Thu, 14/08/2014 - 09:10 185

More social linksTwitterFacebookLinkedinGoogle+

Rangers_football_club_0_7.png

HMRC has applied for permission to appeal against a tax ruling over Rangers Football Club?s use of employee benefit trusts (EBTs).

Last month, an upper tier tax tribunal rejected an HMRC appeal against a first tier decision on payments made to players and other employees to be taxed as wages.

But some of the issues arising were referred back to the original tribunal.

In 2012 the lower tribunal ruled in favour of the Murray Group, which had argued that its ?49m in payments weren?t subject to tax as they weren?t wages.

Murray Group, which controlled Rangers until the club went into administration in 2011, said that the payments were loans.

The company created an employee remuneration trust in 2002 that created sub-trusts for more than 100 footballers contracted with the club over the next 10 years.

The club would put a tax-free sum into each trust, for which the players would be given powers as ?protectors? similar to those of trustees but without giving them title to the trust assets or any absolute beneficial rights.

HMRC said it had applied for permission to appeal against the case to the Court of Session.

?HMRC continues to believe that schemes using Employee Benefit Trusts to avoid tax do not work,? the Revenue said in a statement.

About 700 users of EBT schemes have settled with HMRC, reulting in ?800m of tax and NICs being paid, it added.

HMRC said it was proud of its record of winning around 80% of cases that are taken to litigation by the taxpayer.

Hector is not finished yet and yet we hear SDM And Super Salary mouthing of about the injustice.

HMRC seeks to appeal Rangers tax ruling

Posted by nickhuber PM | on Thu, 14/08/2014 - 09:10 185

More social linksTwitterFacebookLinkedinGoogle+

Rangers_football_club_0_7.png

HMRC has applied for permission to appeal against a tax ruling over Rangers Football Club?s use of employee benefit trusts (EBTs).

Last month, an upper tier tax tribunal rejected an HMRC appeal against a first tier decision on payments made to players and other employees to be taxed as wages.

But some of the issues arising were referred back to the original tribunal.

In 2012 the lower tribunal ruled in favour of the Murray Group, which had argued that its ?49m in payments weren?t subject to tax as they weren?t wages.

Murray Group, which controlled Rangers until the club went into administration in 2011, said that the payments were loans.

The company created an employee remuneration trust in 2002 that created sub-trusts for more than 100 footballers contracted with the club over the next 10 years.

The club would put a tax-free sum into each trust, for which the players would be given powers as ?protectors? similar to those of trustees but without giving them title to the trust assets or any absolute beneficial rights.

HMRC said it had applied for permission to appeal against the case to the Court of Session.

?HMRC continues to believe that schemes using Employee Benefit Trusts to avoid tax do not work,? the Revenue said in a statement.

About 700 users of EBT schemes have settled with HMRC, reulting in ?800m of tax and NICs being paid, it added.

HMRC said it was proud of its record of winning around 80% of cases that are taken to litigation by the taxpayer.

That's old news from last week.

I would love to identify one MSM journalist to try and go out and get an HMRC contact, even an ex employee to understand and print the tactics that Hector employs. And then relate it to why he won't let MG / RFC case go. And print findings.

I think Charlotte Fakes had a degree of credibility because of the leaked recordings of key players discussing how they were going to con their way through the 1st administration.

Charlotte Fakes material is going to be admissible in court at the BDO on behalf of RFC (IL) creditors v. Collier Bristle so someone is going to have to prove it's merits or otherwise.

Interesting that is 'admissible' in court... I did listen to one of the recordings a long time ago, and I cant remember what was said, but IMO it could of been anyone!

Edited by I.T.K

The E.times piece on Oldco dying

http://www.eveningti...ting.17875998??

140 years of Rangers liquidated ... after just 8 minutes of meeting

RANGERS were today finally liquidated - inside just eight minutes.

darrellkingwee.jpg

Darrell King Group Sports Content Editor

Thursday 14/06/2012

The CVA proposal tabled to rescue the stricken football club has been formally rejected by creditors at a quickfire 10am meeting at Ibrox Stadium.

The Glasgow club will now be reformed as a 'newco' inside the next 24 hours and that will be called The Rangers Football Club.

Just 30 of the creditors owed money by the troubled Ibrox club attended in person or were represented by lawyers acting on their behalf, with others sending proxy votes

The result of the meeting was, of course, already a fait accompli given that major creditor, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, confirmed on Tuesday that it would reject the ?8.5million Company Voluntary Agreement package tabled by Charles Green, the man who is attempting to take over the club which has been in administration since February 14, forcing liquidation of the existing plc.

HMRC, currently owed ?21million out of a ?55m debt pile ? with the possibility of being owed up to a further ?75m pending the outcome of a First Tier Tribunal appeal into the club's use of Employment Benefit Trusts to pay players ? refused to accept a payment that would have seen little more than ?1.9m being returned to the taxman.

Bang on 10am, Paul Clark and David Whitehouse, joint administrator of Duff & Phelps, emerged to take their seats at the top table alongside a stern-faced Green.

Ally McCoist sat at the back of the room and he wore the look of a broken man as he realised his days at the helm of the Ibrox side were numbered.

Clark opened proceedings by stating: "HMRC have now formally voted against the CVA proposal.

:wonga:

Edited by Samster

It is VERY difficult for we lay people to know what the outcome of the HMRC re-appeal will be,

However!

THe whole set up was either a tax 'avoidance' set up or it was a tax avoidance setup. It cannot have been a nothing thing.

The sending of cash TO that scheme and that it then passed into players' hands ( in a way which meant lower WAGES could be laid and therefore a lower tax bill on WAGES, suggests tax 'avoidance'

and so Oldco should be called to account .

The Shareholders of Oldco and the creditors must still have a very strong interest in all this, though I have given up the ghost as this thread can get quite exhausting.

It is VERY difficult for we lay people to know what the outcome of the HMRC re-appeal will be,

However!

THe whole set up was either a tax 'avoidance' set up or it was a tax avoidance setup. It cannot have been a nothing thing.

The sending of cash TO that scheme and that it then passed into players' hands ( in a way which meant lower WAGES could be laid and therefore a lower tax bill on WAGES, suggests tax 'avoidance'

and so Oldco should be called to account .

The Shareholders of Oldco and the creditors must still have a very strong interest in all this, though I have given up the ghost as this thread can get quite exhausting.

Hector is like a dog with a bone on this one, my guess is they are only going to keep going to try to win the case as it would open the door to going after much bigger fish in the EPL Who also used this tax avoidance scheme the oldco dead corpse of rangers has already been picked dry.

Hector is like a dog with a bone on this one, my guess is they are only going to keep going to try to win the case as it would open the door to going after much bigger fish in the EPL Who also used this tax avoidance scheme the oldco dead corpse of rangers has already been picked dry.

Rangers RIP lied to HMRC (and others) about the side letters & obstructed HMRC enquiries for years. There are documents available which show that Rangers were concerned abut this scam from the outset and that's why they behaved the way they did. They deserve everything they got - and it will not be over until it goes to the highest court in the land , if necessary. It pleases me.

Ally wants a war chest to Add New Signings

The Ibrox boss has enjoyed a productive few weeks in the transfer market after recruiting defender Darren McGregor from St Mirren and reuniting the prolific Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller partnership.

It has been a below par start to the campaign for the Light Blues, however, as they have edged past Hibernian in the Petrofac Training Cup and lost to Hearts in their Championship opener.

McCoist moved to allay fears over the future of Lee Wallace earlier this week after the left-back was linked with a move to Brighton.

And the Ibrox boss hopes there will still be more movement into Ibrox after discussions with chief executive Graham Wallace.

McCoist said: "I had a couple of hours meeting with Graham this morning and he's been nothing other than supportive.

"He knows what we'd like to do and there's a period of time in the transfer window.

"We'd be hopeful there would be movement, perhaps both ways.

"Graham understands the need to be strong enough to get through the campaign and I'd be hopeful we can do that in the next couple of weeks.

"There's a couple of positions that would be top of my list, but I'm no different from any other manager."

If McCoist does get his wish to add more players to his squad, a creative midfielder is likely to be top of his shopping list as he looks to add a clinical touch to his side.

Nicky Law has scored two goals in two games from the middle of the park.

But he infuriated the Light Blue legions following his strike against the Jambos when he appeared to react following a chorus of boos when he was named as man of the match.

McCoist said: "I didn't see that reaction to the fans. I was asked about it on broadcast. Nicky's fine, he's trained fine.

"He scored against Hearts and Hibs and he's playing his part.

"He did a piece towards the end of last season saying he was now appreciative over the demands that were put on players at this club and that's great because there are extra demands on players at this club, more than the majority of other clubs in the country."

Rangers head to Falkirk tonight aiming to get their title challenge back on track and McCoist is eager to banish the weekend blues.

He said: "We can still do better with the chances we're creating because one or two of them were really clear-cut, and we move on.

"We don't want to labour on it, we don't want to start being too negative."

Hagar the Horrible

Do you think even McCoist believes this himself, these moonbeams are either designed to sell papers or wallpaper over the cracks and put on a persona that everything is normal while the ship is sinking. In either case it is making McCoist look more a total knob. Graeme Wallace is just telling him what he wants to hear, putting his ayes and naws in the right place? and then there is this: McCoist moved to allay fears over the future of Lee Wallace earlier this week after the left-back was linked with a move to Brighton. No actual offer or discussion actually came in, yet this was portrayed as Ally has fought off unwelcome interest? besides if Brighton were interested and if we can take off our maroon coloured specs, would you want him based on the last 2 live games? not if you were Brighton you would not? Wallace is now like Paul Ritchie his stock is depreciating but he will go to an SPFL club for free once his contract is up. Lewis McLeod is the only value player now in a rangers jersey they rest are too old.

Do you think even McCoist believes this himself, these moonbeams are either designed to sell papers or wallpaper over the cracks and put on a persona that everything is normal while the ship is sinking. In either case it is making McCoist look more a total knob. Graeme Wallace is just telling him what he wants to hear, putting his ayes and naws in the right place? and then there is this: McCoist moved to allay fears over the future of Lee Wallace earlier this week after the left-back was linked with a move to Brighton. No actual offer or discussion actually came in, yet this was portrayed as Ally has fought off unwelcome interest? besides if Brighton were interested and if we can take off our maroon coloured specs, would you want him based on the last 2 live games? not if you were Brighton you would not? Wallace is now like Paul Ritchie his stock is depreciating but he will go to an SPFL club for free once his contract is up. Lewis McLeod is the only value player now in a rangers jersey they rest are too old.

Rangers obviously trying to raise Wallaces profile as being available at a price. I think that if an offer of ?600k came in they would grab it in a minute. However why would anyone rush in with an offer for him when he could be come a free agent later in the year. Certainly some that I have spoken to through west who seem to know a bit about the goings on at Ibrox seem to think that things are becoming acute there just now and unless there is an input of money from somewhere, it's all going to come crashing down around the present Boards ears.

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers obviously trying to raise Wallaces profile as being available at a price. I think that if an offer of ?600k came in they would grab it in a minute. However why would anyone rush in with an offer for him when he could be come a free agent later in the year. Certainly some that I have spoken to through west who seem to know a bit about the goings on at Ibrox seem to think that things are becoming acute there just now and unless there is an input of money from somewhere, it's all going to come crashing down around the present Boards ears.

They has success with saying they turned down a offer for Jellyfish at ?9m them 2 months later accepted ?6m from Everton, I seriously think they would accept ?100k for Wallace.

I think Wallace is a very good player and if a team thought they would get him for ?600k with a bid now then I think they are very likely to move for him. Yes, he might become free later in the year but this is the start of the season and six months of better results could be worth a lot more than ?600k to an English Championship side.

He is worth a lot more than this but it's the perfect time to test the water at Ibroke. They might hold out for a little more but if push comes to shove, and if half the detail on this thread is accurate, then I think they will be taking the silver.

Who of their squad has any realistic value? Wallace is one and McLeod is another. Other than that, who could you see transferring to another club for a transfer fee?

Most of them will see out their contracts, i.e. Black, Law, Foster and go for nothing leaving room for all their Murray park proteges.....

::troll:::'>

Interesting to read the Tribute Acts business plan for next few seasons which it says they want to get back into champions league LOL. See the team below that failed to get past Malmo which resulted in CW Pulling the plug on Oldco Rangers FC.

Compare the team back then to the current Tribute Act despite over 70 million having been squandered only Shotgun and Elbows are left no one else in the current squad would get a sniff of a first team place, And with Super Salary in charge who is clueless it shows you how far they have plumeted.

Rangers

1 Allan McGregor (GK) 3 David Weir ©

substs.gif28 5 Sa?a Papac

yells.gif48 6 Lee McCulloch 7 Maurice Edu

8 Steven Davis

9 Nikica Jelavi? 12 Lee Wallace

yells.gif56 14 Steven Naismith 16 Steven Whittaker 24 Madjid Bougherra

Interesting to read the Tribute Acts business plan for next few seasons which it says they want to get back into champions league LOL. See the team below that failed to get past Malmo which resulted in CW Pulling the plug on Oldco Rangers FC.

Compare the team back then to the current Tribute Act despite over 70 million having been squandered only Shotgun and Elbows are left no one else in the current squad would get a sniff of a first team place, And with Super Salary in charge who is clueless it shows you how far they have plumeted.

Rangers

1 Allan McGregor (GK) 3 David Weir ©

substs.gif28 5 Sa?a Papac

yells.gif48 6 Lee McCulloch 7 Maurice Edu

8 Steven Davis

9 Nikica Jelavi? 12 Lee Wallace

yells.gif56 14 Steven Naismith 16 Steven Whittaker 24 Madjid Bougherra

The "Business Plan" is for the consumption of the dafties through there. The real plan is to soak every last penny out of the club that they can and then dump it. They're well on their way to doing that. The more savvy Rangers folk I know think that matters will come to a head very soon.

With the share price collapsing there's a danger they might have to de-list from the Aim soon.

What are the consequences should that happen?

With the share price collapsing there's a danger they might have to de-list from the Aim soon.

Why?

the price per share has dropped to 25p per share and values the business at 16.78 million but it has been lower than this before 22p http://www.hl.co.uk/...all-club-ord-1p

Edited by Munch

Yes that's true, but they recovered in price that time, there's a danger the Spivs are trying to "walk" the price down.

Seemingly there was ?100k sale & the announcement was held back on Friday. If true they'll have to announce this on Monday to the Aim.

I Think that the new share issue to raise the 4 million that the Spivs are desparate to get there hands on will dilute the business value even more will it cause the price to tumble you think ?

The share price might go so low that the nomad deems it necessary. Say before they were to reach the 15p region.

Can the NOMAD do that? There are plenty of little penny shares kicking about on AIM.

Footballfirst

A listing on AIM costs money (which RIFC and TRFC seem to be short of). It also demands a fair amount of disclosure and transparency of accounts, auditors reports, shareholdings and other significant events in the day to day operations of a company.

The advantages of an AIM listing would normally mean that you have easier access to potential investors, funds and for the trading of shares. Institutional investors don't normally make investments in unlisted companies as it restricts the ability to buy and sell shares, cash in on profits or limit losses.

I suspect that some of the major players behind RIFC would be happy to de-list, if only to hide some their wheeling and dealing.

Toxteth O'Grady

If the price gets stupidly low why wouldn't the timothy supporters get organised to buy them up and shut them down for good?

Or have Dermot Desmond try to do what Wallet Merger tried? Though the outcome would be the same, it would galvanise the huns to get together to save their "old" club.

Yes,

It requires a 75% shareholder approval though.. The company NOMAD needs to be involved in any de-listing too.. If Wallace, as we have heard, has been unsuccessful in his attempts at raising funds in the city and therefore the principal reason for staying on AIM, (to trade those shares) the ability to raise enough money on it has all but gone now..

De-listing is an option open to them, I'm sure there exploring every avenue & strategy to stabilize the cash flow drain etc..

I understand that any AIM listed company can decide to de-list, and that there are probably factions among the current Rangers shareholders who would prefer that option.

I was just questioning the suggestion that the NOMAD had any say over a de-listing based on the share price. The share price could drop to 5p, but the NOMAD wouldn't have the authority to de-list The Rangers from AIM, that would be a matter for the shareholders of The Rangers.

He cannot order them to de-list, & im not saying that either, but he'd be failing in his duty to the shareholders if he didn't advise the board to explore this avenue if it was in the best interest of the shareholders though.. The board cannot de-list without him being involved either..

OK, I get that, thanks for clearing it up.

Seems to me though that the NOMAD is between a rock and a hard place. The NOMAD is supposed to advise the Board on the basis of what is in the best interests of the shareholders, while the shareholders basically fall into probably 3 main groupings each with their own competing agendas. So any advice the NOMAD gives can not possibly satisfy all of those groups.

AIM annual fees are ?6050. So I can't really see that being a reason that RIFC would need to de-list.

A few days wages for Zal (probably)

AIM annual fees are ?6050. So I can't really see that being a reason that RIFC would need to de-list.

A few days wages for Zal (probably)

I'd guess that the fees that RIFC are paying out to their Auditors and their NOMAD to ensure compliance with AIM's rules and regulations, will be well into six figures per year - each - and if you're skint, then even the ?6050 can seem like an awful lot of money.

The Sports Direct Arena - ha !!

http://www.dailyreco...d-board-4067814

RANGERS supporters have demanded the beleaguered board steer clear of further investment from Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

The Union of Fans claim Ashley has been approached to underwrite the club?s forthcoming ?4million share issue in a bid to prop up its ailing balance sheet.

However, they are concerned his influence could thwart participation in future UEFA competitions ? and are also worried that Ibrox could be re-branded with Ashley?s Sports Direct logos.

The Light Blues legions are seeking assurances from the SFA that if Ashley does increase his holding, Rangers will not be subject to sanctions from Hampden chiefs around the issue of cross ownership.

Ashley currently owns around 8.9 per cent of Rangers but the SFA are declining to comment at this stage on the implications if he increases his stake further.

Union of Fans spokesman Chris Graham said: ?It has come to our attention the board are considering a move which could see Mike Ashley underwrite the ?4m share issue.

?We?d question the wisdom of approaching someone who, despite his wealth, cannot significantly invest without removing himself from his ownership position at Newcastle.

?If the SFA give dispensation to Mr Ashley to up his stake will it be irreversible and without possible future sanctions? Will the board get an unequivocal assurance that the SFA will not use this issue as a stick to beat the club with further down the line?

?We are also concerned that, under UEFA regulations on dual ownership, Mr Ashley cannot have a ?decisive influence over decision making? at Rangers without it leading to the possibility of us not being able to compete in European competition

?He could find himself holding around 20 per cent of the shares in our club, having control of all club merchandise and being the largest single shareholder if he underwrites this issue. We would ask the board to publicly confirm they will have full written clearance for Mr Ashley from both UEFA and the SFA.?

Ashley was one of the original investors in the IPO overseen by former chief executive Charles Green and only five other interests currently own a bigger shareholding.

A deal to rebrand Ibrox as the Sports Direct Arena was mooted last year but came to nothing, although the club has a close merchandise relationship with the company.

Graham added: ?Mr Ashley?s initial purchase of shares appears to have been linked to his merchandise deal.

?We hope any possible assistance given to the board by Mr Ashley at this time will not see him clinch another favourable deal, perhaps to rename Ibrox at a knockdown price.

?Can the board confirm renaming Ibrox will not be part of any underwriting deal and that we will not be seeing garish Sports Direct signage defacing our iconic main stand??

The Rangers board have been forced to seek emergency funding after season-ticket sales plummeted in light of concerns over the men running the club.

But Graham said: ?The club needs urgent, substantial investment ? not a short-term fix which will be lucky to see us past Christmas.

?Even if they are successful in raising the ?4m, almost half the money will immediately have to be used to repay overdue loans.

?The board indicated to us they could raise this money at the push of a button. Sandy Easdale also stated, pre AGM, that investors were lined up. Clearly, neither statement has turned out to be true.?

Rangers last night declined to comment.

Can I just say as a magpie that Ashley is a tunc. I hope he increases his holding in WhicheverCo.

This sums up Sevco and their deluded fans -

they are concerned his influence could thwart participation in future UEFA competitions

Only Sevco fans could be concerned about European football when they should be concerned about their club's obvious inability to even complete the current calendar year. Just laughable.

This sums up Sevco and their deluded fans -

they are concerned his influence could thwart participation in future UEFA competitions

Only Sevco fans could be concerned about European football when they should be concerned about their club's obvious inability to even complete the current calendar year. Just laughable.

Mike Ashley may be an arse, and interest in both Newcastle and SevCo could cause problems should both sides every qualify for Europe. He might well want to change the name of Ibrox, but if no one else wants to invest, what choice do they have?

Mike Ashley may be an arse, and interest in both Newcastle and SevCo could cause problems should both sides every qualify for Europe. He might well want to change the name of Ibrox, but if no one else wants to invest, what choice do they have?

the consequences of them not getting the 4 million seems to be lost on them. Surely they are better with the sports direct arena than no club.

Another headline starting "rangers fans have demanded". These usually end up with the board ignoring them flat out.

the consequences of them not getting the 4 million seems to be lost on them. Surely they are better with the sports direct arena than no club.

. After paying back the loans it only leaves them half that amount. At their current rate of spend that money should run out in the New Year.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic