The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I doubt it will be called in tbh. No one wants to be the person that killed rangers (again)..

They just take possession of the car park don't they? The next loan will be secured against Murray Park and the one after that against Ibrox. This is how the spivs syphon off the assets.

They just take possession of the car park don't they? The next loan will be secured against Murray Park and the one after that against Ibrox. This is how the spivs syphon off the assets.

But what happens when all the assets are gone ?

Hagar the Horrible

I doubt it will be called in tbh. No one wants to be the person that killed rangers (again)..

Which is why the ?4m from the share issue (extention if we can call it something) will only be allowed to raise E5m just over ?4m however either ?1.5m of that gets paid back to Sany and George, or the same value in shares gets handed to them, in both cases the mony going into the club is only ?2.5m and they need minimum ?4m but based on last years expenditure ?8.4m is required, this is all over and above a total sell out. but if ?4m can cover it then great, but it does look like Ibrox and MP are at risk of sale/leaseback if the spivs need to chuck more cash into this dog with fleas.

The thing is any unexpected bill that comes in without having overdraft facilities will cause a massive knock on effect and could be the catalyst for Admin 2, even with a small amount of debt owed they could still end up in trouble, and as they are flying close to the wind then it will be a case of not if but when an unrecoverable crisis causes critical mass ..clich? post I know but even using Mass in a Rangers thread I find pleasing.

Hagar the Horrible

Who wants the car park, using it for that purpose if it held 1000 cars it would take 15 years to break even at ?5 a pop over 20 home games.

getting Ibrox is the key, they can gain ownership of it, put Rangers into admin 2 get a CVA from the fans, and the newnewco will have to pay rent ad-infinitum. I want to be a spiv, gizza job?

Who wants the car park, using it for that purpose if it held 1000 cars it would take 15 years to break even at ?5 a pop over 20 home games.

getting Ibrox is the key, they can gain ownership of it, put Rangers into admin 2 get a CVA from the fans, and the newnewco will have to pay rent ad-infinitum. I want to be a spiv, gizza job?

I maybe wrong (and happy to be corrected) but is the car park not significant due to the club deck.

They can only open the club deck if sufficient parking was provided. So if someone other than rangers owns the car park they can change rangers a premium for them to use it otherwise rangers can't open that part of the ground and reduced attendance/ also more affluent supporters in this area. So it is worth more than just a car park to rangers.

As said happy to be corrected on this.

Hagar the Horrible

I maybe wrong (and happy to be corrected) but is the car park not significant due to the club deck.

They can only open the club deck if sufficient parking was provided. So if someone other than rangers owns the car park they can change rangers a premium for them to use it otherwise rangers can't open that part of the ground and reduced attendance/ also more affluent supporters in this area. So it is worth more than just a car park to rangers.

No you are right it does have a direct impact on the club deck, but what is to stop that being just another section of the ground? apart from it needs a considerable amount of work done? That and the House were worth ?2.5m to Rangers as that is what they paid for it 18 month ago? but as a separate value can it generate enough dosh as a car park for an independent investor? plus what I am getting at it, is that the loan as a loan will impact on the ability to raise the ?4m needed? it can only go away by giving away part of the family silver and a preamble for MP and Ibrox to be sold to themselves. This will not only impact this version of Sevco but all future generations of them as well?

I have heard that rumour several times over the last year or so.

It may well have been the case that planning permission was dependant on car parking provision. Now it's built is it still relevant and/or part of requirements to gain appropriate operating licenses?

Naebody really knows is the answer.

All guess work.

Sevco as a club is only 2 years old if this version crashes would a Sevco 2 be able to pick up the pieces and start again in the lowest league again if Sevco 1 is Liquidated ? and could Sevco 2 buy the history from Sevco 1 and claim to be the same club ?

Hagar the Horrible

Sevco as a club is only 2 years old if this version crashes would a Sevco 2 be able to pick up the pieces and start again in the lowest league again if Sevco 1 is Liquidated ? and could Sevco 2 buy the history from Sevco 1 and claim to be the same club ?

If liquidation was to happen again which I don't, it will just be admin unless nobody wants them. then the leagues should make it very clear as to IF they are allowed the history or not, because who won the third and second division Oldco, newco, sevco, Rangers, the Rangers sevco Scotland, or sevco 5088?

for what it is worth I can see them going into admin 2, then the spivs getting their own CVA approved and they get to own the whole shooting match for a few ?mill and do another IPO for ?50m, spend that money and run the club into the ground and repeat the process again and again every few years? You have to think that the process will be broken by either fans ownership or another sugar daddy, who just likes wasting money!

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

A poor start to the league may suit the spivs. As long as no worse than mid table.

Poor attendances can be blamed on McCoist who 'doesn't do walking away'. Which can be spun that due to the board backing Ally with his signings of miller Boyd etc means they can't afford to pay these wages if punters not in the door.

Going into admin would allow them to clear out McCoist and his back room staff on the cheap and possibly at worst leave them just one more year out the top league while using McCoist as the scale goat.

If liquidation was to happen again which I don't, it will just be admin unless nobody wants them. then the leagues should make it very clear as to IF they are allowed the history or not, because who won the third and second division Oldco, newco, sevco, Rangers, the Rangers sevco Scotland, or sevco 5088?

for what it is worth I can see them going into admin 2, then the spivs getting their own CVA approved and they get to own the whole shooting match for a few ?mill and do another IPO for ?50m, spend that money and run the club into the ground and repeat the process again and again every few years? You have to think that the process will be broken by either fans ownership or another sugar daddy, who just likes wasting money!

If it is administration for them shortly, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will come out of this far weaker this time. The money men who are pulling the strings will take control of Ibrox and Murray Park. They'll be paying rent for ever more and there will be a cycle of depreciation where crowds will decline year on year. Another year in the lower Divisions might actually finish them for good given the hapless state they seem to be in. Certainly the more serious minded Rangers people I know certainly seem to think that things will come to a head before the end of the year.

25 point deduction if they do admin again. I want to win the league on merit though.

With all due respect i want out of this league i couldnt give a monkeys how that happens.

Geoff Kilpatrick

25 point deduction if they do admin again. I want to win the league on merit though.

It should be 15 by rights.

With all due respect i want out of this league i couldnt give a monkeys how that happens.

Feck merit. Hope they finish 5th

alwaysthereinspirit

In the real world probably not.

In Scotland............

If it is administration for them shortly, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will come out of this far weaker this time. The money men who are pulling the strings will take control of Ibrox and Murray Park. They'll be paying rent for ever more and there will be a cycle of depreciation where crowds will decline year on year. Another year in the lower Divisions might actually finish them for good given the hapless state they seem to be in. Certainly the more serious minded Rangers people I know certainly seem to think that things will come to a head before the end of the year.

The only issue with that is the amount of money that needs spent on Ibrox. If they can get a few bob for MP then they're best trousering that, but a rental deal on the stadium would have to bet set pretty high to cover the maintenance costs unless they plan on owning all the companies doing the upgrades too.

Other than a sugar daddy coming in I really don't see how they ever get themselves back together.... . Champions League money is a pipe dream. It'll be stitched up even tighter than it is now by the time they manage to fluke a successful top flight season.

Admin only makes sense if it's to rid them of McSalary & elbows etc, take the points deduction & hope to make it up as the season progresses, but they must do it while there's enough time/games to to facilitate this..

One wonders if this was in fact their plan anyway, until Hearts and Hibs joined them in the Championship. Big gamble though, they'd struggle to make the top 4 and a play off with a points deduction IMO.

The Sfa might, with a thought to help Sevco gain that all important promotion see fit to issue a mere 15 points as a Newco instead of the 25 point deduction. Lets not forget the Sfa have never came out & publicly stated they are a Newco, but events might force their hand if it helps the bootleg rangers etc . :whistling:

LOL. I've been waiting for just this scenario. Can't remember if it was Doncaster or Reagan who said the old club/new club argument was one for the fans. Of course by their actions it has already been "stated" that Sevco are not rangers due to their (lack of) cup seeding in their first season in the bottom tier.

Hagar the Horrible

Anyhoo either because we handed them their erse on a plate or Green has been practicing more moonbeams, the share price has dropped to 28p, and this guy thinks King is still lurking in the background, if he is? he is far better at it than Ashley Cole. King might manipulate by stealth an insolvency event and hopefully pick up the lot post admin, but for him to invest while this board is still in control is just not going to happen, he has already had those fingers burned? and also if every other institutional investor has said NO with all the vitriol of the Rev Iain Paisley then not even King will give away his money. For me King is a busted flush. I think he is giving Rangers less thought and attention than the DNA results on the Jeremy Kyle show!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/king-still-in-play-as-financial-chess-game-rumbles-on.25024715?

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

That's the thing for me. Surely if they are still going to masquerade as the same club for a 3rd time then they should be admitted to an even lower league like Gretna were. They simply could not justify trying the whole thing again. Taking the utter pish.

And i've said on here many times before the key to saving the club in its current guise surely has to be austerity measures. But that does not tie in with the plan from the 120 day review. Two objectives at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Fort Vallance

LOL. I've been waiting for just this scenario. Can't remember if it was Doncaster or Reagan who said the old club/new club argument was one for the fans. Of course by their actions it has already been "stated" that Sevco are not rangers due to their (lack of) cup seeding in their first season in the bottom tier.

It might have been said elsewhere but my Ladbrokes fixed odds coupon on Sunday, as well as saying they were proud to be Rangers (not The Rangers) official betting partner, stated a few Rangers facts. One of them being that they were "Proudly formed in 1872"

Don't tend to look at other team's forums but having a laugh at them after Sunday was too tempting.

Notice that pretty much everyone on there is now angry and "sick of it".

Once again they have completely failed their club. The time for anger and realism was when they were over-paying SPL players to route-one 4 or 5 past a bunch of postmen two seasons ago.

They should have been screaming out for financial responsibility and the building of a young exciting team, ready to compete at the top level of Scottish football in time with their return.

Bumping their gums now simply because they aren't getting it their own way on the park is simply too little too late.

Nobody to blame but themselves. They got the wake-up call and decided to ignore it. Enjoy the season dickheads.

It might have been said elsewhere but my Ladbrokes fixed odds coupon on Sunday, as well as saying they were proud to be Rangers (not The Rangers) official betting partner, stated a few Rangers facts. One of them being that they were "Proudly formed in 1872"

None of that is incorrect. Rangers were indeed formed in 1872. But not Sevco :2thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

Lots of threads about them on here since Sunday. Are the Usual Suspects waiting for an afternoon off so they can go round demanding each one be closed?

We_are_the_Hearts

The scariest thing I have noticed in the last couple of day's is the fans on these forums generally blame the boycotting fans and not the board. Killing the club every day lol...........

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Vanguard Bears have published part of their exclusive on the SFA. SPL and SFL intentions for RFC. I've seen most of it before, but the new item to me was the letter from Ralph Topping.

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/judges-jury-and-executioners.html

What a horrible lying wee count that Ralph Topping is. :yucky:

Nuclear Winter? What an utter fantasist.

Please can we empty these parasitic arseholes soon. :(

I hate our power brokers.

:seething:

Arnold Rothstein

Don't tend to look at other team's forums but having a laugh at them after Sunday was too tempting.

Once again they have completely failed their club. The time for anger and realism was when they were over-paying SPL players to route-one 4 or 5 past a bunch of postmen two seasons ago.

They should have been screaming out for financial responsibility and the building of a young exciting team, ready to compete at the top level of Scottish football in time with their return.

Bumping their gums now simply because they aren't getting it their own way on the park is simply too little too late.

Nobody to blame but themselves. They got the wake-up call and decided to ignore it. Enjoy the season dickheads.

Absolutely spot on.

Sick of it? Sick of what? Presumably sick of not having everything their own way. There's certainly one thing that hasn't changed from Old Rangers to NewCo, and that's the sense of entitlement.

Hagar the Horrible

they had an opportunity to build a squad of the best young talent slightly peppered with experienced guys willing to bring on youth and have a lasting team growing together willing to fight for every ball and every win, and instead they have a dinosaur of a manager that was mentored by another dinosaur in a cardigan on the best way to win was to get a full team of journeymen in for today and it does not matter if they last because you can just get a ready made replacement from the catalogue because money is no object. however they have failed to grasp there is no more money and they are having to pay over the odds for guys who would be struggling for a deal in the SPL. they are having to pay ?10k per week to a guy who could only get ?1k per week at a club at his actual level.. It takes years to build a squad via your youth system and they have pretty much emptied theirs. So now they are unable to just go to their competitive clubs and buy their best players for peanuts which strengthens them but weakens their opponents on two accounts, 1. not paying their true worth which has a knock on effect and 2. the best players are now not doing a job for their rivals? Those days are over, and it looks like for good, and there is no youth progression policy so next year they will need a better squad than they have now, just to stay in the top flight let alsone compete with celtic for it? They are struggling today to compete with us in this league, they will need at least ?30m to compete with most SPFL sides in the top flight.

Sevconians wanting Super Salary out petition on Bears den see below

Dear Mr Graham Wallace & board members,

We the fans/supporters of Rangers Football Club who have signed this petition ask that you accept the resignation of/reach mutual termination with/remove, the manager Mr Alistair McCoist with immediate effect.

It is with a heavy heart that we issue this letter/petition to you and we are keen to avoid fans demonstrations as we are sure you are too. No one person is bigger than the club and it is now evident (if it hasn't been for quite some time) to those of us signing this letter/petition that Mr McCoist is incapable of carrying out the job required of his position. His position as manager among the support is now untenable. We would like to thank Mr McCoist for everything he has done with the interests of Rangers Football Club and it's supporters at heart.

We recommend that an interim manager of experience be brought into the club until the end of the season to lead the club to winning the Championship and the Petrofac Cup. This will allow the club time to establish who is the best candidate to manage the team in the longer term and to arrange that persons (+ their management teams) appointment. Further to this we recommend that a scouting team be brought to the club immediately to identify free agents for the 2015-2016 season to help the new manager and our club succeed in the Premiership.

We understand that financial constraints may make what we ask of you difficult however we firmly believe that the loss of aspirations and subsequent revenues by continuing the status quo will be far more costly to the club in the near future. We urge the board to act swiftly and professionally.

Yours Sincerely

Individual fans/supporters of Sevco Football Club.

Edited by Munch

The Mighty Thor
The Vanguard Bears have published part of their exclusive on the SFA. SPL and SFL intentions for RFC. I've seen most of it before, but the new item to me was the letter from Ralph Topping.

Topping's letter. :cornette:

The whole thing stinks. It stank to high heaven then and it fecking reeks now too.

Sadly the arseholes that constitute the main players are still in the ivory towers.

****s the lot of them.

I like the bit where they confirm there was no legal conflict of interest but try and pretend it should be.

Edited by Normthebarman

i wish jj was my dad

Double post

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

i wish jj was my dad

Some nuclear winter. Scottish football is probably more interesting than it has been for years because the OF are an irrelevance.

Sadly, the powers that be can't see beyond two sets of bigots tearing up their own arseholes 4x a year.

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

Hagar the Horrible

Sevconians wanting Super Salary out petition on Bears den see below

Dear Mr Graham Wallace & board members,

We the fans/supporters of Rangers Football Club who have signed this petition ask that you accept the resignation of/reach mutual termination with/remove, the manager Mr Alistair McCoist with immediate effect.

It is with a heavy heart that we issue this letter/petition to you and we are keen to avoid fans demonstrations as we are sure you are too. No one person is bigger than the club and it is now evident (if it hasn't been for quite some time) to those of us signing this letter/petition that Mr McCoist is incapable of carrying out the job required of his position. His position as manager among the support is now untenable. We would like to thank Mr McCoist for everything he has done with the interests of Rangers Football Club and it's supporters at heart.

We recommend that an interim manager of experience be brought into the club until the end of the season to lead the club to winning the Championship and the Petrofac Cup. This will allow the club time to establish who is the best candidate to manage the team in the longer term and to arrange that persons (+ their management teams) appointment. Further to this we recommend that a scouting team be brought to the club immediately to identify free agents for the 2015-2016 season to help the new manager and our club succeed in the Premiership.

We understand that financial constraints may make what we ask of you difficult however we firmly believe that the loss of aspirations and subsequent revenues by continuing the status quo will be far more costly to the club in the near future. We urge the board to act swiftly and professionally.

Yours Sincerely

Individual fans/supporters of Sevco Football Club.

Written by a literary genius, is that for real? I am sure there must be somebody at school still with the skills to letter write?

jamboinglasgow

they had an opportunity to build a squad of the best young talent slightly peppered with experienced guys willing to bring on youth and have a lasting team growing together willing to fight for every ball and every win, and instead they have a dinosaur of a manager that was mentored by another dinosaur in a cardigan on the best way to win was to get a full team of journeymen in for today and it does not matter if they last because you can just get a ready made replacement from the catalogue because money is no object. however they have failed to grasp there is no more money and they are having to pay over the odds for guys who would be struggling for a deal in the SPL. they are having to pay ?10k per week to a guy who could only get ?1k per week at a club at his actual level.. It takes years to build a squad via your youth system and they have pretty much emptied theirs. So now they are unable to just go to their competitive clubs and buy their best players for peanuts which strengthens them but weakens their opponents on two accounts, 1. not paying their true worth which has a knock on effect and 2. the best players are now not doing a job for their rivals? Those days are over, and it looks like for good, and there is no youth progression policy so next year they will need a better squad than they have now, just to stay in the top flight let alsone compete with celtic for it? They are struggling today to compete with us in this league, they will need at least ?30m to compete with most SPFL sides in the top flight.

I know Rangers fans were calling for the same last season, but seeing us (and to a lesser extent Hibs) who have gone down but built teams on young talent and sensible signings, with talented and promising management. Not breaking the bank and wasting money. Just imagine if Rangers in the 3rd division built a team around a core of young talent from Murray Park and experenced players who can guide them and a couple of exciting players who are playing a few divisions below what they should under a manager aiming to get the most out of squad and playing good football. They would a strong side and would be nailed on for the league. Everything they should do they have done the opposite and could pay the price for that this season.

As for young talent, Charlie Telfer, who was one of their most promising talents at Murray Park, who barely played a game in the 3rd tier of Scottish football last season for Rangers, has already been used by new club Dundee United in the top tier this season.

What a horrible lying wee count that Ralph Topping is. :yucky:

Nuclear Winter? What an utter fantasist.

Please can we empty these parasitic arseholes soon. :(

I hate our power brokers.

:seething:

its the blinkered view of those in charge. Yes Rangers not in the top league makes things a lot more difficult for them, but its so absolute. Either Rangers are in the top two tiers or everything is over financially. Two years later, two clubs have been in admin, one who was not in the same league as Rangers and us where our admin had been coming for a while. Attendances have picked up, the game is coping fine. Some clubs are even getting deals with banks to settle the high debt that had been a rock around their neck. The only ones who have done poor financially are the SPFL and SFA who have been terrible at getting sponsorship and deals, yet they get bonuses for nothing except disparaging the reputation of the Scottish game.

As for young talent, Charlie Telfer, who was one of their most promising talents at Murray Park, who barely played a game in the 3rd tier of Scottish football last season for Rangers, has already been used by new club Dundee United in the top tier this season.

And Utd got him on the cheap because they refused to meet Rangers asking price on the basis he couldn't have been nurtured by them since he was a boy as he had only been contracted to the new club for 2 seasons.

Interestingly, Rangers didn't take their case any further. But surely, if they are the same club, as they claim to be, they would have been awarded a greater fee. So why would they not wish to pursue the matter father? Can't think of a reason off the top of my head :)

Is Ralph Topping still around after the SPL changed into the SPFL ?

CEO of William Hill and an extremely harsh boss.He elbowed his way to the top.

Also a f*****g hibbie .

He is in the background along with Rod Petrie in the iconic Rudy photo at Hampden on 19/05/12 wearing dark glasses to hide the tears :pleasing:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He has just been elected to the main SPFL board has Topping.

Frosty Topping all over the top of a triple-scoop serving of unpalatable dog shite. :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is anyone really surprised at the Topping revelation? The cartwheels the beaks were pulling to parachute a "Rangers" back into football is the most disgusting aspect of the whole debacle.

Its amazing how the CEO of one of the largest Bookmakers in the world can spare the time .

His staff are busy working dawn til dusk. Anyway :offtopic: sorry.

Wasnt it the main SFA board as well as remaining as chair of SPFL?

Now it has been proved we didn't lose income with Rangers not being in Premiership/ Championship, I'm assuming if Rangers are so important and are promoted via the play offs, all TV and sponsorship deals are ripped up and renegotiated upwards. Significantly.

I'd be demanding that of Doncaster.

Was Topping sending that letter as the chairman of William Hills ( a major sponsor in Scottish Football at the time) or as the chairman of the SPL? He obviously held a dual interest at the time.

The letter is nothing new though, it was sent around the time armageddon was mentioned, the term itself maybe fuelled by the Topping letter.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic