Wallace to Villa?

No longer active

My link

Have they paid us for him yet in full yet?

Dont think so did we not offer to give them 100k off recently if they settled up. 900k down to 800k if I mind right. Good for us if he goes there cos there will surely be a sell on fee as well. But will Villa not be better waiting and make a bid to the liquidator :whistling:

Can't believe Warnock is 30. Out of the peers at the club, I always thought Wallace had the ability to play in the EPL. Berra has been found out a bit recently and it's maybe too much for Jonsson, but I believe Wallace would adapt well enough to play at the lower to middle level of the league.

Johanes de Silentio

Hope it happens so that:

1 - we get our cash from them.

2 - Wallace gets a big move.

Much more concerned about point 1, mind.

Not as good a player as Gary Naysmith, imo.

jambo-in-furness

I'd rather he was down there as I don't like our better "finds" playing against us, but, it grips me to think the Huns will make money even if we do have a sell on clause :(

I think he has potential to be better than Naysmith.

Possibly but not convinced. Gary was exceptional. Wallace is very good no doubt.

?2.5m...how much did we sell him for?

It's not like he even gained much/any European experience by going to them

Here's hoping McLeish stays in control long enough to be able to complete the move.

Doubt it.Long way off until the transfer window opens again.A couple more defeats in a row and they will be dragged into the relegation fight.

There's no way a price would have been discussed at this stage even if it was to happen. The ?2.5m figure will be a total guess.

Has McLeish ever been sacked before? I think he's getting a raw deal at Villa as they have had to sell a lot of there best players.

Nzogbia has been a disaster for them though.

I hope it goes through though and we get our money. Not sure if a sale of the player would speed up payments or what the instalments include and perhaps if it's appearances or honours that's why they might be open to selling.

Has McLeish ever been sacked before? I think he's getting a raw deal at Villa as they have had to sell a lot of there best players.

Nzogbia has been a disaster for them though.

I hope it goes through though and we get our money. Not sure if a sale of the player would speed up payments or what the instalments include and perhaps if it's appearances or honours that's why they might be open to selling.

"This run of good results came to a sudden halt when they were defeated 3?0 by Hibernian in the Scottish Cup, prompting protests outside Ibrox against both McLeish and David Murray. On 9 February 2006, it was announced by chairman David Murray that McLeish would be standing down as manager at the end of that season."

tartofmidlothian

I hope this happens.

To any Villans reading - he's a great player, please curtail your protests against McLeish until the day after he signs. Cheers.

"This run of good results came to a sudden halt when they were defeated 3?0 by Hibernian in the Scottish Cup, prompting protests outside Ibrox against both McLeish and David Murray. On 9 February 2006, it was announced by chairman David Murray that McLeish would be standing down as manager at the end of that season."

Was that the season we finished second? I thought Le Guen was in charge that year but that must have been the following :)

Templeton'sUnderpants

I'd sign Wanyama and Forrst but that's about it

Forrest, Davis and possibly Hooper could do well in the premiership in my opinion. That's about it.

I think he has potential to be better than Naysmith.

Off topic a little,

Mates brother and Gary played in the same team and both were getting watched by Hearts and one or two other clubs. Its believed my mats bro' was the better player, but in the end we signed Naysmith.

Today Naysmith in the EPL, mates brother now seriously ill due living the high life of which he could never afford. Sad really because the guy had a lot of potential :(

No longer active

Rangers go into administration. The administrators sell Wallace adding the coffers to the national debt. Hearts become creditors and get sod all. Fifa ! Help !

Dean Winchester

Rangers go into administration. The administrators sell Wallace adding the coffers to the national debt. Hearts become creditors and get sod all. Fifa ! Help !

...What?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Wallace to Villa, all right.

Released by KPMG and picked on a free by the end of the week.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely the 'sacked' Rangers players wouldn't be able to play for another club until next season? They could sign but not be registered because the transfer window is closed.

No longer active

...What?

The money were owed for the sale. We will get sod all and become creditors if Rangers go into administration

Dean Winchester

The money were owed for the sale. We will get sod all and become creditors if Rangers go into administration

No. We'll get it from the SPL for monies owed to Rangers.

tartofmidlothian

Surely the 'sacked' Rangers players wouldn't be able to play for another club until next season? They could sign but not be registered because the transfer window is closed.

As far as I'm aware, if your club release you then you can sign and play for whoever you want, unless you've already played for two clubs in that calendar year (i.e. Hearts sell Rangers a player in mid-January, he's with them for six weeks then they go bust and rip up his contract - he then can't play for anyone until summer).

It's a drastic but not unprecedented step to rip up players' contracts and tell them to beat it, and it leaves you wide open to legal action. IMO Whyte knew what he was doing going into admin now, if he'd done it a month ago it would have been firesale time. Now the only ones worth punting immediately will be whoever's willing to take a percentage of the money due to them to go. Most will probably do a Davey O and stick around, I'd imagine.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

As far as I'm aware, if your club release you then you can sign and play for whoever you want, unless you've already played for two clubs in that calendar year (i.e. Hearts sell Rangers a player in mid-January, he's with them for six weeks then they go bust and rip up his contract - he then can't play for anyone until summer).

It's a drastic but not unprecedented step to rip up players' contracts and tell them to beat it, and it leaves you wide open to legal action. IMO Whyte knew what he was doing going into admin now, if he'd done it a month ago it would have been firesale time. Now the only ones worth punting immediately will be whoever's willing to take a percentage of the money due to them to go. Most will probably do a Davey O and stick around, I'd imagine.

I'm positive that players released outwith the transfer window can't sign/play for new clubs until the next registration/transfer window. It's why we tried to pay off guys like Obua and Suso towards the end of the window.

Archived