MAFIA: Kill the Goons

Harry Palmer

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the goons know i'm good :)

Not necessarily...I'm presuming that the assassin would show up as good/bad or neutral. Actually...not sure. Harold?

However - if BS was used - we are now in the reasonable position of the masons now knowing at least 4 good people each (themselves and the cop - it's possible that they know 5 if the investigatee wasn't a mason).

If the cop DID investigate a mason that means the cop knows at least 2 good folk (cop and investigated mason) and it's up to that one to get the identity of the other masons to the cop.

How?

Subtly, I'd recommend, so that the goons don't pick up on any hints.

FWIW I'm happy to throw suggestions into the mix so that I might take some of the goons' heat off the roled good guys - better to lose a townie than a roled goodie.

So suggestion #1 - put the name of one other mason in a goon-list (could be a dodgy strategy as others might not realise what was done or goons might pick up on it)

Suggestion #2 - put a post with a certain number of words in it. The number of words being the same as the number of places below the cop on the player list. Need to ensure you use the up to date list and not the original or that could have unintended consequences :D That wouldn't work for me as the number of words in one of my posts would take us to a game sometime in July :lol: (actually when you get to the end just go back to the top)

Suggestion #3 - will be coming later when I think of it

Suggestion #4 - just came to me when I was writing that one above...why not have the masons make suggestions. Obviously to help muddy the waters for the goons as much as possible we'd need lots of folk to make suggestions...Probably not practical turned.gif

Ach - that'll have to do for now.

With a ps to Beverley.

I did say I'd vote for anyone looking likely to be modkilled. That turned out to be nobody but you got it simply for being lowest poster. Maybe the goons stuck one (or more) in as well piggy-backing onto my reasoning?

Not necessarily...I'm presuming that the assassin would show up as good/bad or neutral. Actually...not sure. Harold?

However - if BS was used - we are now in the reasonable position of the masons now knowing at least 4 good people each (themselves and the cop - it's possible that they know 5 if the investigatee wasn't a mason).

If the cop DID investigate a mason that means the cop knows at least 2 good folk (cop and investigated mason) and it's up to that one to get the identity of the other masons to the cop.

How?

Subtly, I'd recommend, so that the goons don't pick up on any hints.

FWIW I'm happy to throw suggestions into the mix so that I might take some of the goons' heat off the roled good guys - better to lose a townie than a roled goodie.

So suggestion #1 - put the name of one other mason in a goon-list (could be a dodgy strategy as others might not realise what was done or goons might pick up on it)

Suggestion #2 - put a post with a certain number of words in it. The number of words being the same as the number of places below the cop on the player list. Need to ensure you use the up to date list and not the original or that could have unintended consequences :D That wouldn't work for me as the number of words in one of my posts would take us to a game sometime in July :lol: (actually when you get to the end just go back to the top)

Suggestion #3 - will be coming later when I think of it

Suggestion #4 - just came to me when I was writing that one above...why not have the masons make suggestions. Obviously to help muddy the waters for the goons as much as possible we'd need lots of folk to make suggestions...Probably not practical turned.gif

Ach - that'll have to do for now.

With a ps to Beverley.

I did say I'd vote for anyone looking likely to be modkilled. That turned out to be nobody but you got it simply for being lowest poster. Maybe the goons stuck one (or more) in as well piggy-backing onto my reasoning?

I've missed your "reasoning" posts last couple of games Boof! :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Suggestion 4 sounds good. Masons should muddy the waters and allow themselves to be targeted. It keeps the cop safe.

I thought the goons choosing Shakey was interesting, and clever. She was nearly lynched and it would make sense to take her out for two reasons.

1. Obviously she might be a roled townie (acting suspiciously, out till 11pm then pops up near the deadline)

2. If she is not roled the goons can cast suspicion on the 3 who voted her, if my thinking is correct none of the goons voted for her.

Me, and Mr Nice both voted her (along with Bev who is deid). By my thinking that makes Mr Nice a townie.

Would a goon be the one to sew the seed of doubt/get the ball rolling? Possibly.

I suspect Geoff and Peter at the moment. I'll throw in Stig and Lionel to complete my goon list.

Stevie, that is the most goonlike post I have ever read. Everyone knew that Shakes was a townie but the goons still whacked her and now you are trying to justify it. Geoff, by posting a goonlist is trying to look like an innocent townie who has nothing to lose by posting a goon list. However, with Geoff, that might be because he is a townie with nothing to lose or a goon trying to look like a townie with nothing to lose :whistling:

I'm tempted to think you both might be innocents though. So I am going to vote for a definite goon -

Vote Malky

Good morning allm Gutted that we lost 2 townies last night :( , I see I am on Geoff's goon list, your wasting your time with me on it, as time will prove,

I am have no clue as of yet, but I do suspect some1(will be watching how they post today)

so just to get a vote in, & as he has called me a goon

vote Geoff. but this will change most likley tonight.

ps, can I please have a mug of twinnings everyday?

Suggestion 4 sounds good. Masons should muddy the waters and allow themselves to be targeted. It keeps the cop safe.

Exactly too often masons care more about protecting their own arse than doing what's best for the town

:lol: at suggestion 2 - I can barely finishing reading your posts, nevermind count the words!!

Surely not always...:D

Surely not always...:D

:thumbsup: I managed that one!

P.S Suggestion 2 actually made no sense to me. I'm not sure who it's supposed to be aimed at or what it's meant to acheive! :unsure:

Take my post #211 as an example...

If I was the mason investigated by the cop last night then that post has three words in it. The cop has to count three players down from me on the list and hey presto he's found another mason.

Clearly I'm NOT a mason otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting such a thing so openly as that would reveal the cop and another mason giving the goons a few field days on the trot. I'm happy to take any goonly heat if it means one of the good-roled folk survives one more day.

How does that mason get the cop to realise which post he needs to pay heed to? Not quite sure yet - gotta leave them something to work out for themselves :lol:

Decaff :verymad::down:

bad patter babe - I need some proper hardcore coffee please (fecking decaff :verymad:)

This!

Picked up the wrong coffee last week, heaping in spoonfuls in the vain hope I get some kind of kick out of it. It's all psychological anyway. :whistling:

:blink:

Votes...

Dunks-2

Tits-2

Geoff-1

Malky-1

Swav-1

Ho hum. :ninja:

Take my post #211 as an example...

If I was the mason investigated by the cop last night then that post has three words in it. The cop has to count three players down from me on the list and hey presto he's found another mason.

Clearly I'm NOT a mason otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting such a thing so openly as that would reveal the cop and another mason giving the goons a few field days on the trot. I'm happy to take any goonly heat if it means one of the good-roled folk survives one more day.

How does that mason get the cop to realise which post he needs to pay heed to? Not quite sure yet - gotta leave them something to work out for themselves :lol:

I got how it worked, I just missed the fact that it was only if the cop had investigated a mason. I get it now! :thumbsup:

Good morning allm Gutted that we lost 2 townies last night :( , I see I am on Geoff's goon list, your wasting your time with me on it, as time will prove,

I am have no clue as of yet, but I do suspect some1(will be watching how they post today)

so just to get a vote in, & as he has called me a goon

vote Geoff. but this will change most likley tonight.

ps, can I please have a mug of twinnings everyday?

think I was still feeling last night when I typed this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Swavkav's head is like his avatar at the moment! :laugh:

Anyway, come on United and come on the famous! Feck the mod!! :stuart:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Ok, let's start things rolling: -

Goon list

Wedge Antilles

Jambo Ian

Swavkav

Stevietits

vote Stevietits

Definitely not a goon :thumbsup:.

Disappointing to lose two townies last night but can't say it's a massive surprise. After following the last game, STS seemed to make some rash decisions and got targeted for it, seems to have followed into this game.

Will vote later.

Swavkav's head is like his avatar at the moment! :laugh:

Anyway, come on United and come on the famous! Feck the mod!! :stuart:

:jjyay:

vote swavkav

just in case i'm not back on by deadline

you do know I am part of this

justhere-301504-albums-justhere-pics-pic25212-frankenstein-villagers488.jpg

& I am proud to admit I own a

18900100.jpg

are you hinting that you are the cop? :unsure:

Geoff Kilpatrick

are you hinting that you are the cop? :unsure:

No, I am vanilla in this game.

I'm saying masons should shit stir and cause action. Too often masons hide and do feck all.

No, I am vanilla in this game.

I'm saying masons should shit stir and cause action. Too often masons hide and do feck all.

I think thats what got me killed off the first time I played :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

Any gloating by some Manure dick will be met with Chuck Norris type force.

Thanks.

:)

::troll:::'>

:yas:

aye, you'd know that after only 2 games right enough

:wtfvlad:

I meant barely posting does nothing for the game, not meaning that you do nothing overall. In that way I wasn't taking about previous games.

I don't have or do goon lists, I play the game in a more kinds charged roll, I constantly look for people sticking out or not at all, but i always look at voting patterns of the players, so far 1 person has voted for me twice, the person unvoted me yesterday, but has revoted for me today,

so unvote geoff, vote mr nice. I might change my vote later depending if i see any thing.

Hello, folks.

I think you should be thanking me for starting this game.

I ken when bad shite is happening.

Shake and Bev are happy to join me in distraction. :thumbsup:

I don't have or do goon lists, I play the game in a more kinds charged roll, I constantly look for people sticking out or not at all, but i always look at voting patterns of the players, so far 1 person has voted for me twice, the person unvoted me yesterday, but has revoted for me today,

so unvote geoff, vote mr nice. I might change my vote later depending if i see any thing.

last few times I've played I voted for someone and unvoted them. And in the second rounf of votes I have always gone back to my original vote. Also my original vote has always been right.

Still may change my mind so all is not lost.

Afternoon all

Think im going to hide in here the next few days and just stay out the terrace.

Not really noticed much yet but geoff doing a goon list so early has caught my eye.

Afternoon all

Think im going to hide in here the next few days and just stay out the terrace.

Not really noticed much yet but geoff doing a goon list so early has caught my eye.

doesn't he always do that?

Archived