What up and coming technology are you excited about?

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I thought I would ask people (as I love new technology and the possibilities it may hold) what technology are people most excited about?

jamboinglasgow

Ok I will try to get the ball rolling, I quite excited at the possibilities of what technology that helped create Kinnect can do, the idea that it could be soon that we can control interfaces like in Minority Report but without the gloves. I think it would look odd at first controlling your computer with hand gestures (I would shudder what the up and down fist movement would make the computer do) but it seems right way to control a computer (I may be wrong.)

Felix Lighter

This in the spare room please...

Although by the time it becomes available I'll be to old and clapped out to play it. :angry:

After watching that Black Mirror series I've kind of gone off the idea of too many technological advances. The future is a wee bit scary actually. :unsure:

I'm still a bit eighties in my hopes for the future. I think I'd settle for one of those robots that makes your tea, does your ironing and washes dishes.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

A life size, sentient replica of me that goes to work in my place and does all the stuff that I don't want to do.

Sterling Archer

'Beyonce' Fleshlight

:smuggy:

152311-beyonce-pregnancy.jpg

No thanks it'll be like raw black pudding now.

Radioactive Mince

Not exactly all that new, but I'm giving serious thought to buying one of Renault's new electric cars when they come out - the saloon one (I cannae mind its name right now).

Current car costs 25p per mile to run, ?245 per year to tax etc etc. These will cost 2p-ish per mile and ?0 VED. Will still have a petrol car for journeys longer than 100 miles, but I've had more than one car for about 5 years now anyway. Had 4 up until a couple of weeks ago; decided collecting toy cars takes up less space :ninja: Seriously though, at 17k they undercut most other reasonably sized electric vehicles by about 7 grand and, even getting one on lease or buying 5 year 0%, including the battery rental of ?70ish p/m (essential IMO as they cost about as much as the car to replace), it still won't cost as much as just FUEL ALONE is costing me with the current car.

Assuming it will last 5 years, I'll be major quids in after that. Changing every 3 years on a lease deal appeals also.

Apart from this, there's not really much going on that is going to drastically change my life I don't think.

This in the spare room please...

Although by the time it becomes available I'll be to old and clapped out to play it. :angry:

That's the first time I've seen that, and I agree. :thumbsup:

I thought I would ask people (as I love new technology and the possibilities it may hold) what technology are people most excited about?

The new toy that a close girly friend bought herself and is bringing down to Bath in a couple of weeks :whistling:

The new toy that a close girly friend bought herself and is bringing down to Bath in a couple of weeks :whistling:

You're getting butt plugged? Mind and lube the end first, that way it just fires in.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It kills me that we are on the verge of some ****ed up, mind-altering shit but we'll all be deed by the time it becomes mainstream.

:sob:

I thought by now we would have console games where you smash on the head pack and your in the game.

Cannae wait to play for Hearts at Easter Road in fifa 2050. Shame Ill be kicking about 70 at the time :(

it'll never happen in my lifetime, but with the speed of technology - how long

till the home equivelant of the star trek holodeck?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Not exactly all that new, but I'm giving serious thought to buying one of Renault's new electric cars when they come out - the saloon one (I cannae mind its name right now).

Current car costs 25p per mile to run, ?245 per year to tax etc etc. These will cost 2p-ish per mile and ?0 VED. Will still have a petrol car for journeys longer than 100 miles, but I've had more than one car for about 5 years now anyway. Had 4 up until a couple of weeks ago; decided collecting toy cars takes up less space :ninja: Seriously though, at 17k they undercut most other reasonably sized electric vehicles by about 7 grand and, even getting one on lease or buying 5 year 0%, including the battery rental of ?70ish p/m (essential IMO as they cost about as much as the car to replace), it still won't cost as much as just FUEL ALONE is costing me with the current car.

Assuming it will last 5 years, I'll be major quids in after that. Changing every 3 years on a lease deal appeals also.

Apart from this, there's not really much going on that is going to drastically change my life I don't think.

Seen these http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/ampera/index.html

Had a go in one at Ingliston last year, it's a seriously good car

You're getting butt plugged? Mind and lube the end first, that way it just fires in.

I wont forget :whistling: I assume you forgot to lube once :unsure::lol:

I thought by now we would have console games where you smash on the head pack and your in the game.

Cannae wait to play for Hearts at Easter Road in fifa 2050. Shame Ill be kicking about 70 at the time :(

70 in 2050 - feck I will probably be dead :(

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Booze that doesn't give you a hangover.

Chillies that don't burn your arse.

Flying saucers.

This:

548693-bigthumbnail.jpg

Why we continue to mess around with unmanned rockets is baffling. We've sent people into space before, why do we not do it more often. More money needs to be spent on this kind of thing.

Oh and the holodeck. Best potential invention ever. Feck 3D-TV's!

This. Cant wait for wireless charging. Unless it gives us all cancer.

Already kicking about.

I wouldn't trust its safety quite yet though.

Add your own photo or interactive movie of choice...

fleshlight_ipad1.jpg

There goes my cup of tea :lol:

How sad and lonely do you have to be!!

:rofl:

edit:

How much? :sob:

Ok I will try to get the ball rolling, I quite excited at the possibilities of what technology that helped create Kinnect can do, the idea that it could be soon that we can control interfaces like in Minority Report but without the gloves. I think it would look odd at first controlling your computer with hand gestures (I would shudder what the up and down fist movement would make the computer do) but it seems right way to control a computer (I may be wrong.)

I work for a materials technology company and one of our biggest customers in the US are developing this technology with Sony. They have already proven a TV remote based on the Kinnect - you basically control the TV by waving your hands and 'virtually' tapping the buttons which pop up on the screen. The applications are for this touchless technology are endless...........

1st time I saw this was in Hong Kong, not sure if anyone has used it but this looks good thinking of getting one.

I went with the Tefal actifry. Immense. Chips in 25mins and only a spoonful of olive oil. You can also make all types of sauces, cooks meat to perfection. Just chuck the ingredients in as required, sit back and relax. Amazon does the 1.5kg model at ?140. Cheap as, ahem, chips ;)

Archived