Walking

IMA MAROON

Anyone go walking?

Starting to get into it, been on a few wee walks and it is really enjoyable getting away and back to nature and the great views you get climbing the hills.

I'd like some recomendations if anyone has any as I'm not really sure where is best to go. Going to do a few weekends away and the likes now that the football is finished.

The Real Maroonblood
Anyone go walking?

Starting to get into it, been on a few wee walks and it is really enjoyable getting away and back to nature and the great views you get climbing the hills.

I'd like some recomendations if anyone has any as I'm not really sure where is best to go. Going to do a few weekends away and the likes now that the football is finished.

It is certainly a good idea, very enjoyable and good for the health.

Pentlands is always nice for a wee stroll. West Highland Way needs a bit of training to enjoy. There are loads of great walks from easy strolls to full on endurance tests if you have a look around the net.

yvonnejambo

We went for long walk today and do try to do a decent length walk every week, mainly because my work is often office based or driving. I love a good walk and plenty up this way.

The Real Maroonblood
Anyone go walking?

I don't know if this is any help to you.

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/info/events/diary.html#April%20-%20June

Thanks for the replies.

Interesting website and some good links, they Euro-walks are monsters.

Been practicing up the Pentlands and did a part of the John Muir way, it's been good. I'd like to do the west Highland way but I don't think we are anywhere near ready for something like that.

Some 3-4 hour walks, then 6 hour walks then a couple of weekends away and take it from there. I'm thinking that is the best way forward but I realise it is not just about the time spent walking but also on the difficulty of the walk.

Toxteth O'Grady
Thanks for the replies.

Interesting website and some good links, they Euro-walks are monsters.

Been practicing up the Pentlands and did a part of the John Muir way, it's been good. I'd like to do the west Highland way but I don't think we are anywhere near ready for something like that.

Some 3-4 hour walks, then 6 hour walks then a couple of weekends away and take it from there. I'm thinking that is the best way forward but I realise it is not just about the time spent walking but also on the difficulty of the walk.

Just back from the Pentlands (We woke up early!)

Got dropped at Flotterstone by the Chaufeur (cheers Dad) and walked

along the Ridge - Carnethy, Scald Law, East Kip & West Kip & got picked up again just past Silverburn. A nice wee stroll to work up an appetite for Sunday Dinner:)

I haven't done much walking for a while so was puffing a bit going up Carnethy when one of those Hill runners went bombing past us, he wasn't a young guy either!

Will be building up the distance and difficulty over the next few weeks ready for an assualt on some of the Munroes.

We had a great week in Skye last year, the Old Man of Storr was stunning and not particularly difficult and the Cuillins were just amazing but much more challenging.

We are spoilt for choice in Scotland, it's just a question of what area you fancy. There are plenty walks which can be done in a day trip and this site will give you plenty to chose from

http://www.walkscotland.com/walks_frame.html

grumpyjambo
Anyone go walking?

Football finished? 5 must win games to go!!!! :P

Football finished? 5 must win games to go!!!! :P

Sorry, I forgot. :P

That's a cracking site, Pinilla. Aye, your doing alright getting a chaufeur as it gives you more options. What's his phone number?

I done a bit walking over the last few days. Was at his mums and had a few walks in to the country..I will need to take decent shoes the next time.

Archived