fwank saucy

winston churchill

RockyBalboa
wtf don't you. It is easy to find out.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/misc/hibsfrom6970.htm#oppapps

John Brownlie is much more deserving of adulation for 17 derbies without a loss

as opposed to Alan Roderick Rough 0 wins in 17.

Cool. 8 matches as player and 1 as player and not one loss.

Like I said not losing to Hearts was good. He would be a legend none the less.

Well he won 39 caps for France for starters. Aslo abou 6 or 7 important club titles. Not bad I would say :)

You have to remember France havn't always been a good team. They were extremely poor for a while.

RockyBalboa
You have to remember France havn't always been a good team. They were extremely poor for a while.

He won the under 21 European Championships :)

He won the under 21 European Championships :)

Fair enough mate. I don't think he is terrible. I still don't get his hibee 'legend' status though. A decent player by hibs standards ;) but nothing too special

RockyBalboa
Fair enough mate. I don't think he is terrible. I still don't get his hibee 'legend' status though. A decent player by hibs standards ;) but nothing too special

Yeah but it's funny how legends work mate. Not just the footballing side that makes him a legend. Just the class and manner of the guy etc.

But as this is a hearts website it probably wont go down too good so i'll leave it. :)

RockyBalboa
Aye I do get your point Rocky. Just as well for hibs it's not all about the football ;)

Aye, that's the old flairball ;)

winston churchill

the only thing saucy did in his time in lochend was, he was used for breeding with the other chimps at the zoo.

Cappuccino Kid

Le Chimp - Played 8 w 4 d 4 l 0

George Cowie Played 8 w 5 d 3 l 0

Stats are wonderful things. How many would claim legend status on George Cowie?

RockyBalboa
the only thing saucy did in his time in lochend was, he was used for breeding with the other chimps at the zoo.

And the after effects were a breed of Calum Elliots. :eek:

winston churchill
And the after effects were a breed of Calum Elliots. :eek:

i was thinking more like,benji bloon & yermamma

RockyBalboa
i was thinking more like,benji bloon & yermamma

Haha class.

With Stevie Fulton & Bruno Aguiar as cousins. :)

Jubilee Spree
Le Chimp - Played 8 w 4 d 4 l 0

George Cowie Played 8 w 5 d 3 l 0

Stats are wonderful things. How many would claim legend status on George Cowie?

I don't think anyone is saying that Sauzee is a legend purely because he had a good record against Hearts - If anything that's just a little fact that fans love to bring up (sometimes in song!).

Sauzee and Latapy were a breath of fresh air when you consider how badly Hibs had played in the previous seasons and whether you mock it or not, he was a standard of player that is rarely seen outside the Old Firm. He had his flaws and was clearly not ready (or perhaps not suited) for management but he was a character on the pitch that the fans loved.

There haven't been too many European Cup winners medals hovering around the SPL over the past 20 years, that's for sure.

RockyBalboa
I don't think anyone is saying that Sauzee is a legend purely because he had a good record against Hearts - If anything that's just a little fact that fans love to bring up (sometimes in song!).

Sauzee and Latapy were a breath of fresh air when you consider how badly Hibs had played in the previous seasons and whether you mock it or not, he was a standard of player that is rarely seen outside the Old Firm. He had his flaws and was clearly not ready (or perhaps not suited) for management but he was a character on the pitch that the fans loved.

There haven't been too many European Cup winners medals hovering around the SPL over the past 20 years, that's for sure.

Summed up perfectly for me. :)

What a load of BS, Honestly.

He was a saggy Centre Back when you's signed him to play in the 1st Division. Your team was, by and large, hellish and the fact that he could, it seems, pass a ball made him an absolute Hero to you vermin tramps. The fact is, he never done anything out of the ordinary on the park, and if you're talking leadership qualities, then i'm sorry but Turncoat Pressley by far exceeded him in that category over the past '20 years'.

At the end of the day, he shafted you's for every penny after he'd punted your team down the table a bit.

It's the equivalent of me hailing Vincent Guerin as an absolute footballing icon, just because he had an illustrious career and ended up at the JT's. Get over it.

I wish we could still give rep to posts. I'd sign up a hundred user names and give you all the rep I could.

It's a classic case of the Hobos desperately looking for a hero that played within their own lifetimes. They have so little to talk about. Desperates one and all.

winston churchill

is that the one he got, due to more back handers than you will see at wimbeldon.

does this mean that if jankauskus ever came back to hearts as a manager we could masturbate for years over the signing??

as IF!

suzie was a good footballer in his day, and a keech mgr

nice of you to make me bite though ;)

Jubilee Spree
is that the one he got, due to more back handers than you will see at wimbeldon.

That's the felly! :cool:

buca junior

Rix never lost an Edinburgh derby either.............your point caller!

Seriously FS was very good for Hibs and I am still waiting to see Latapy play poorly against us. With regards to the 6 - 2 match, thank heavens Niemi played in that game.

wtf don't you. It is easy to find out.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/misc/hibsfrom6970.htm#oppapps

John Brownlie is much more deserving of adulation for 17 derbies without a loss

as opposed to Alan Roderick Rough 0 wins in 17.

During the 17 and 22 in a row years we must have had litetrally dozens of players who came and went at Hearts who never lost an Edinburgh derby.

Big deal ? Make them legends ?

No.

My abiding memory of Saucy Franck is him standing against the Hampden dugout , arms folded in resignation and eyes sunk so far into his head they were like two bullet holes , while his team were being roundly pumped by Ayr United in the diddy cup semi final.

That and his haunted expression at every press conference he gave after the latest defeat as his team hurtled towards the first division.

A short time later he was relieved of his duties and hibs were relieved of several hundred thousand pounds and one Ratners decanter.

"I don't know what i'm doing here either, they said come & play in Edinburgh. I though they meant Heart of Midlothian, the - how do you say - big team."

_1834172_francksauzeeleaves300.jpg

markletissier

how dare the hobo's refer to him as legod.

there's only one le god in this world.

CelebMattLeTissier.jpg

Having read the debate about Fwank SoSay

Sandy Jardine was never on the losing side either as a Hearts player or Manager.

Also when he was sacked, his old Rangers pal Alec Miller (the then Hobos manager) asked him to join the Hibs on tour to Norway, which he did. He actually played in a friendly for then. I said to Billy (Sandy to you lot) "You mean you actually wore their green and white strip?" "Aye" came the reply, "But I wore a vest under so as not to get a rash"

The Guy is a LEGEND for both us and The Huns, that takes some doing!

Having read the debate about Fwank SoSay

Sandy Jardine was never on the losing side either as a Hearts player or Manager.

Also when he was sacked, his old Rangers pal Alec Miller (the then Hobos manager) asked him to join the Hibs on tour to Norway, which he did. He actually played in a friendly for then. I said to Billy (Sandy to you lot) "You mean you actually wore their green and white strip?" "Aye" came the reply, "But I wore a vest under so as not to get a rash"

The Guy is a LEGEND for both us and The Huns, that takes some doing!

See my earlier post, Sandy was a better player at Hearts than Sauzee was at Hibs IMO.

The most elegant footballer I have ever seen play at Tynie

Dr Ian Malcolm

Fyssas was a good player coming to the end of his career - exactly, what do you think Sauzee was doing? Very classy player but better than anything Hearts have had in 20 years? Pushing it a bit.

Its like saying Moravcik outshines anything Rangers had in that period - he was good but not that good.

RockyBalboa
Including Stranraer ?

Sure we beat stranraer in the cup after a 0-0 draw away, i was there, it was pish! Rangers at Ibrox after that IIRC :mad:

Including Stranraer ?

Actually, thinking about it, was that his only win?

RockyBalboa
Actually, thinking about it, was that his only win?

Think it was. We even got pumped off Ayr.

Shows how good the big team is though, couldn't even beat us at Tynie. :cool:

Think it was. We even got pumped off Ayr.

Shows how good the big team is though, couldn't even beat us at Tynie. :cool:

Ach well, not to worry. We have had more than our fair share of wins against more than our fair share of your managers. Perfect proof of the old saying, One Swallow Doesn't Make A Summer

RockyBalboa
Ach well, not to worry. We have had more than our fair share of wins against more than our fair share of your managers. Perfect proof of the old saying, One Swallow Doesn't Make A Summer

Yep, good point TH, and one I can't argue. Unfortunately.

Sauzee was undoubtedley a very good player for Hibs but I get a bit wound up by all the 'greatest player in the SPL outside the Old Firm' and 'greatest pedigree'. He was a very good player at the end of his career doing a very good job for Hibs. He had played for Marsille and France and won the European Cup. But then Pasquale Bruno did a great job at the end of his career for Hearts and he played for Juve and won a couple of UEFA cups. Rousset was a French international, Fyssas had played all over Europe and won the European Championships with Greece. Jankauskas had a UEFA and a Champions league medal. In my opinion Niemi WAS a world class player while actually playing for Hearts. So all these claims that he is far better than any Hearts player in recent history is a bit hollow to me.

winston churchill
The lembittered Hibee support is always trying to deride us winning the Scottish Cup twice in last ten years by claiming we only won it because of the money we spent.......while at the same time drooling over a player who's team literally did win a trophy because of the money they spent (on bribes).....oh the irony.

Sauzee took hibs to the cleaners financially, he was still accepting ?7k a week months after he was sacked. Mind you can't really blame him seeing as he got the boot so quickly.

Seriously though, Franck is indeed a footballing legend, just not a hibs one.

le chimp bought himself a big farm in the home land,with the cash he squeezed the hobos for:).

One peach, a couple of other great goals too.

Not losing to Hearts was a bonus - but he was different class.

You could maybe name better players for the Old Firm aye, but is a different class to anyone Hearts have had since I have started going to games thats for sure and maybe every other team outside the Old Firm too. Apart from maybe Cannegia (sp)

How long is that? Scotland was pretty well off for class players 20 odd years ago and i`d say Craig Levein was a better player before his injury problems, than Sauzee. Oh, also, we had Sandy Jardine who was another homebred player who had class.

You don`t have to be French to be regarded as having class.

The Baldmans Comb

I'd agree with that. Sauzee may have been passed it and in his last season was going backwards but I'd have liked to have seen a player of that stature and experience at Tiny.

He's no a legend though.... get a grip.;)

Dirk Diggler
I'd agree with that. Sauzee may have been passed it and in his last season was going backwards but I'd have liked to have seen a player of that stature and experience at Tiny.

He's no a legend though.... get a grip.;)

Tynie.

Oh and, Sniff.

He was a great player for Hibs but ridiculously overrated all the same. He strolled through games? Of course, he played sweeper, his footballing ability and his experience meant he was always going to shine in that position. The system was built around him and it meant he excelled in it.

Some of the praise he gets is ridiculous. As stated before, if he was THAT good, how was he playing for Hibs.

I notice some of our resident Hobos haven`t acknowlegded our replies with some examples of former Hearts players. They must all be about 16 years old or something because they obvioulsy haven`t seen alot of Scottish football.

They keep repeating the European cup winners medal line. Who gives a feck?

Some ordinary players have been part of good teams who have won the EC.

We`re comparing the talent of players here, not medals.

I reckon Takis Fyssas was every bit as good, if not better than Le Chimp.

So it's not just debt that you guys get deluded about then?

Franck Sauzee was absolute class when he was at Hibs. He strolled through most games and was still head and shoulders above almost anyone else on the park.

I also wonder how everyone on here can judge him having seen him maybe 10 times maximum in derby matches. If you seen him week in, week out anyone doubting his ability would realise they are talking out their erse.

39 French caps, numerous club league titles and trophies and he is also very fondly remembered at Marseille not just Hibs.

winston churchill
So it's not just debt that you guys get deluded about then?

Franck Sauzee was absolute class when he was at Hibs. He strolled through most games and was still head and shoulders above almost anyone else on the park.

I also wonder how everyone on here can judge him having seen him maybe 10 times maximum in derby matches. If you seen him week in, week out anyone doubting his ability would realise they are talking out their erse.

39 French caps, numerous club league titles and trophies and he is also very fondly remembered at Marseille not just Hibs.

nice user name hobo,you must have been up all night in the caravan thinking that one up .anyway back to business,read the bit in bold and tell us what le chimp win in lochend.apart from being a washed up drunk he was also a cheat wit bernie and the marseille team of cheats.

he won nowt in lochend and he was a cheat.

Correct. I have to say his finest moment was when he had all his teeth knocked out. :)

winston churchill
Correct. I have to say his finest moment was when he had all his teeth knocked out. :)

have to disagreed,surely it was launching their wee decanter in the bin at edinburgh airport,or doing them doggy style for every penny he could squeeze them for.

Leithers, "star" players and decanters have a rather troubled history.

When George Best left Fester Road, he was presented with a crystal decanter and glasses. Just what he needed. :eek:

Leithers, "star" players and decanters have a rather troubled history.

When George Best left Fester Road, he was presented with a crystal decanter and glasses. Just what he needed. :eek:

You could say they played a huge part in his downfall...

:whistling:

Archived