fwank saucy

winston churchill

winston churchill

i've never really understood the hobos giving cult status to this no mark loser.i mean what has he done in the game.

only won the one game as a manager.

threatened to take them to court, and screwed every last penny out of them.

laughing as he threw their wee decanter in the bucket at edinburgh airport, after he had just cleaned them out.

cheated his way to a medal in europe, with a team that bunged refs.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=115106

The have so few 'legends' so they have to take what they can get.

He did play in the 6-2 game I think, so they can always spray their pants about that from time to time.

RockyBalboa
i've never really understood the hobos giving cult status to this no mark loser.i mean what has he done in the game.

only won the one game as a manager.

threatened to take them to court, and screwed every last penny out of them.

laughing as he threw their wee decanter in the bucket at edinburgh airport, after he had just cleaned them out.

cheated his way to a medal in europe, with a team that bunged refs.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=115106

One of the only one of few real quality players to have played in Scotland in the past 20 years and better quality than anything Hearts have had in that time.

Strolled through games, brilliant captain and scored and few peaches against you guys.

He didnt make it as a manger but....still never lost a game to Hearts as player or manager :)

RockyBalboa
The have so few 'legends' so they have to take what they can get.

He did play in the 6-2 game I think, so they can always spray their pants about that from time to time.

You never beat Sauzee, you never beat Sauzee :cool:

Denny Crane

Fair play here. Sauzee was a very good footballer. Wouldn't have minded him in our team.

One of the only one of few real quality players to have played in Scotland in the past 20 years and better quality than anything Hearts have had in that time.

Strolled through games, brilliant captain and scored and few peaches against you guys.

He didnt make it as a manger but....still never lost a game to Hearts as player or manager :)

What a load of BS, Honestly.

He was a saggy Centre Back when you's signed him to play in the 1st Division. Your team was, by and large, hellish and the fact that he could, it seems, pass a ball made him an absolute Hero to you vermin tramps. The fact is, he never done anything out of the ordinary on the park, and if you're talking leadership qualities, then i'm sorry but Turncoat Pressley by far exceeded him in that category over the past '20 years'.

At the end of the day, he shafted you's for every penny after he'd punted your team down the table a bit.

It's the equivalent of me hailing Vincent Guerin as an absolute footballing icon, just because he had an illustrious career and ended up at the JT's. Get over it.

weaverhorse
You never beat Sauzee, you never beat Sauzee :cool:

you never beat Musemic, you never beat Musemic :107years:

RockyBalboa
What a load of BS, Honestly.

He was a saggy Centre Back when you's signed him to play in the 1st Division. Your team was, by and large, hellish and the fact that he could, it seems, pass a ball made him an absolute Hero to you vermin tramps. The fact is, he never done anything out of the ordinary on the park, and if you're talking leadership qualities, then i'm sorry but Turncoat Pressley by far exceeded him in that category over the past '20 years'.

At the end of the day, he shafted you's for every penny after he'd punted your team down the table a bit.

It's the equivalent of me hailing Vincent Guerin as an absolute footballing icon, just because he had an illustrious career and ended up at the JT's. Get over it.

I wouldn't say he was a great leader then sorry.(as his managerial reign showed)

but he was different class for Hibs and was a class ahead of any other player in the SPL outwith the OF when he played for us.

Also played in a few humping of the Hearts (couple of 3-1s, 3-0s and 6-2) which makes it even better. :)

Nookie Bear

one peach

one attempt to maim Gary Wales

not losing to Hearts, eh? Oh well, that's what counts with you guys isn't it.

and I could name about players to have played for the Old Firm in that time with more illustrious pedigree

Ibrahim Tall
I wouldn't say he was a great leader then sorry.(as his managerial reign showed)

but he was different class for Hibs and was a class ahead of any other player in the SPL outwith the OF when he played for us.

Also played in a few humping of the Hearts (couple of 3-1s, 3-0s and 6-2) which makes it even better. :)

Latapy was a far better player imo.

RockyBalboa
one peach

one attempt to maim Gary Wales

not losing to Hearts, eh? Oh well, that's what counts with you guys isn't it.

and I could name about players to have played for the Old Firm in that time with more illustrious pedigree

One peach, a couple of other great goals too.

Not losing to Hearts was a bonus - but he was different class.

You could maybe name better players for the Old Firm aye, but is a different class to anyone Hearts have had since I have started going to games thats for sure and maybe every other team outside the Old Firm too. Apart from maybe Cannegia (sp)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I recall them singing happy birthday to him in French at one game. Cringe.

jambo walesy

Credit where credit is due, Sauzee was a very good player and i would have loved to have seen him at Hearts.

Charlie-Brown

Sauzee's playing career speaks for itself, magnificent player, a bundle of trophies including the european cup, international caps galore....then he ends up at Hibs FFS! I think he must have read George Best biography and got intrigued? :P

Hold on, you've gone from saying he's one of the few decent players who've played in Scotland in the last 20 years, to saying he's a class player outwith the Old Firm.

I'm sorry mate, but putting Sauzee in with the likes of Larsson, Laudrup et al, is a disservice to them.

RockyBalboa
Hold on, you've gone from saying he's one of the few decent players who've played in Scotland in the last 20 years, to saying he's a class player outwith the Old Firm.

I'm sorry mate, but putting Sauzee in with the likes of Larsson, Laudrup et al, is a disservice to them.

I haven't I said that he is one of the few geniune quality players to have played in Scotland.

He wasn't as good as the Henriks and Gazzas when he played in Scotland no, but he was genuine class.

I do see what your saying though mate, but he is anything but the "no mark" the jobbie lover in the op stated. And it's obvious to see why he is held in such effection to the hibs support. :)

RockyBalboa
I reckon Takis Fyssas was every bit as good, if not better than Le Chimp.

Absolutley no danger. Fysass was a good player coming to the end of his career the same as Franck but not in the same class.

I haven't I said that he is one of the few geniune quality players to have played in Scotland.

He wasn't as good as the Henriks and Gazzas when he played in Scotland no, but he was genuine class.

I do see what your saying though mate, but he is anything but the "no mark" the jobbie lover in the op stated. And it's obvious to see why he is held in such effection to the hibs support. :)

I certainly agree he was no Mug, but he's certainly tickled the fancy of the Gay Hibs SC. It's an unhealthy obsession.

The Old Tolbooth
Absolutley no danger. Fysass was a good player coming to the end of his career the same as Franck but not in the same class.

Did Frank have a European Championship winning medal? ;)

RockyBalboa
I certainly agree he was no Mug, but he's certainly tickled the fancy of the Gay Hibs SC. It's an unhealthy obsession.

I dont think so. And if its an unhealthy obsession it beats being obsessed with Hearts debt for a change eh. :P

Buffalo Bill

I think we have to accept that there was a couple of years at the start of the 00s when Hibs were on top in the derby games. Sauzee was a class act during that spell, athough he did miss (through injury) a crucial derby win for Hearts at the end of the 99/00 season.

FS and Lapaty rarely (if ever) played a bad game against Hearts, sadly.

Buffalo Bill

winston churchill
Sauzee's playing career speaks for itself, magnificent player, a bundle of trophies including the european cup, international caps galore....then he ends up at Hibs FFS! I think he must have read George Best biography and got intrigued? :P

the thread is about, what auld saucy the leg end had done to get cult status playing for the lochend hoofball.

getting a medal in europe, due to back handing the ref and screwing the arse out of them for more cash,sums him up.

The Old Tolbooth
No, but neither did Gazza or Larrson. ;)

No, but king Takis did ;)

P.S. Thank god Gazza didnt have one, we'd never hear the bloody end of it!

Toxteth O'Grady

Glory Hunter - he wanted to win the First Division title

Hearts Heritage

Where did these Hibs fans get this notion from? Hats off to them for not having an inferiority complex, but in their case it’s misplaced. They are actually inferior. They’re living in a land of pixies where everyone’s happy in Happyland. Dolts. Point is, if Franck Sauzee's a legend, what does that make Alex McLeish? Who was it that bought Paateleinen, and got him to play the best football of his career? Who got Latapy? Who got that fighting spirit, the teamwork that a superior team must have to blow away inferior teams in a lower division? Was it Le Soze? Hardlement pas, je pense! No-one doubts his qualities as a footballer – he won a European Cup (and no stain should attach itself to Franck simply because Bernard Tapie bought Marseille’s victory with bribes and inducements) and his leadership on the park which brought the best out of much-inferior players alongside him was unsurprising.

George Best made some decent Hibs players look damn’ good by passing the ball in such a way that they couldn’t help but run into space and control it. Sauzee was the same, and for a few months Hibs exceeded the sum of their parts. Now they equal the sum of their parts, and boy, does it show. Sauzee was great but not all that great – he wouldn’t have been at Hibs otherwise.

A diamond looks much like another diamond if they’re in a cluster, but a single diamond set amongst a lot of quartz, rhinestone and tin seems to shine more brilliantly than it really does. Take away the diamond, of course, and all you have left is a bit of quartz, a rhinestone, and tin. And it’s starting to rust.

RockyBalboa
No, but king Takis did ;)

P.S. Thank god Gazza didnt have one, we'd never hear the bloody end of it!

True, very true :)

The cruckie cookie

Jeez,

If we had him we'd been drooling over the previous posts of the Hobo's

Sauzee was indeed a European cup winner, and was a good footballer.

We got Salvatori and they got Sauzee.

Get over it

I think Sandy Jardine was just as good a player for Hearts as Sauzee was for Hibs and he was older

winston churchill
Jeez,

If we had him we'd been drooling over the previous posts of the Hobo's

Sauzee was indeed a European cup winner, and was a good footballer.

We got Salvatori and they got Sauzee.

Get over it

and we got robbo ,and you got the tank.

winston churchill
I think Sandy Jardine was just as good a player for Hearts as Sauzee was for Hibs and he was older

class player for us,i think he is the only player i have seen who never got his shorts dirty.

Cappuccino Kid

Was also voted player of the year.

RockyBalboa

I would have to take your word for that as I'm too young to remember. :)

I would have to take your word for that as I'm too young to remember. :)

But he does fit in the 20 year time period you mentioned ,he was tremendous in 85-86 and was approaching 40

Cappuccino Kid

Played in 16 of a 17 match unbeaten run in derbies. How many derbies did Le chimp play in?

RockyBalboa
But he does fit in the 20 year time period you mentioned ,he was tremendous in 85-86 and was approaching 40

Yeah, of course. My old man has mentioned him a few times as a brilliant player. :)

RockyBalboa
Played in 16 of a 17 match unbeaten run in derbies. How many derbies did Le chimp play in?

Dont know to be honest but I know he was never beaten by Hearts as manager or player. I would guess 9 maybe 10 of the matches when he player as he had 2 and a bit SPL seasons with hibs. :cool:

winston churchill

he also took a raw big fifer, and made a centre half out of him.

Hearts Heritage
Dont know to be honest but I know he was never beaten by Hearts as manager or player. I would guess 9 maybe 10 of the matches when he player as he had 2 and a bit SPL seasons with hibs. :cool:

wtf don't you. It is easy to find out.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/misc/hibsfrom6970.htm#oppapps

John Brownlie is much more deserving of adulation for 17 derbies without a loss

as opposed to Alan Roderick Rough 0 wins in 17.

Archived