Petrie / Sir Tom / Mixu - were you watching?

Charlie-Brown

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dirk Diggler

On this thread alone....

So were Hearts.

Im over it, still in the race for Europe and the season isnt over. Enjoy Gretna on the last day of the season. Only cost you ?40million. :107years:

1st time you won the cup you spent out your depth and were either having to sell your stadium or your club.

2nd time spent our your depth and now ?40million in debt having sold all your best players.

You could argue that you have won 2 Scottish cups but you could also argue what goes around comes around. Ill console myself with a top 6 side, brilliant training ground we actually own, a stadium thats about to be completed in the next couple of years and a rosy future. :cool:

As for your question, I might attend if I've nowt better to do. Hardly going to be a sell out with amount of pelters your longest serving player gets week in week out.

Aye, maybe. I think 3rd and Europe is an achievement. This time last week Hearts seen top 6 as achievement.

The main diff is ?40million by the way. :oopsoops:

Is it? If you ask most supporters what they would rather have when both sides were nearly ?20 mill in debt.

The ?20million wiped clean, brand new training complex and running at a profit. With the added bonus of a League cup win.

or

?20 million more and a scottish cup.

I know what the answer would be.

Why did Motherwell go into admin when most the debt was due to Boyle?

And if Vlads worth that much he wouldn't add his spending onto the money you own the bank. We both know that.

And look where it's got you, spending out your depth when other sides (like Hibs and Aberdeen) were cutting costs and reducing the debt of ?20million.

I see it as a success for 1 reason only - John Collins.

We had him running the team/making decisions when you had your committee.

I don't see it lasting also, unless you start cutting the costs, and reducing the debt - something we started to do 7 years ago.

The debt thing is mainly because when Hibs realised they're debt was out of contoll, cut the costs and made reductions (which allowed the Blobby years to happen) Hearts never and now they might be starting to pay for it.

What goes around comes around and all that.

Wasn't silly. Spending out your depth meant either selling your stadium or your club to a radge who was knocked back by many others. Least your still at tynie though.

Rangers debt? Is it as big as Hearts?

They also have assets such as players, Training complex's 50,000 supporters, Sponsorship & Euro runs to cover that no?

Hearts rent a complex and have 18,000 max with a European run once every 5 years mibbies. Hardly the same.

*cough*

I have no obsession with debt BTR. Pretty boring to be honest.

:rolleyes:

Would that be the same Petrie/Sir Tom/Mixu who are currently preparing their club to consolodate their UEFA cup place, whilst our no marks are preparing for next season already and whats more we're doing it without a manager in place to make the key decisions. The same Petrie/Sir Tom/Mixu who have said they will build a new stand next season AND will actually do it, whilst we wait a year(alledgedly) for planning permission for a stand that was due to be built two years ago ?

I dont think this period in the history of the two clubs is one where we have any high ground to sit on and snipe about a cup we were put out of before they were and by lesser opposition than them.

The OP is dos IMO

OAG, i feel i must take issue with a couple of your points...

"consolidate their UEFA cup place" - I think Dundee Utd and Motherwell may have something to say about that. Although they are assured of the Grantstotto cup but that's something that we've, thankfully, never lowered ourself to enter.

"they will build a new stand next season AND will actually do it" - They've actually said they are only looking at the financing of a new stand. And they've got to because their planning permission (which they applied for years ago without actioning it), is about to expire and will probably not be granted again if they have to re-apply.

"I dont think this period in the history of the two clubs is one where we have any high ground" - We will ALWAYS have the high ground. IMO.

:)

RockyBalboa
On this thread alone....

*cough*

:rolleyes:

True. It's one of the only times I've went on about Hearts debt. I was only stating that Hearts 2 cup wins have cost ?40million worth of debt. End of story.

winston churchill
Would that be the same Petrie/Sir Tom/Mixu who are currently preparing their club to consolodate their UEFA cup place, whilst our no marks are preparing for next season already and whats more we're doing it without a manager in place to make the key decisions.
The same Petrie/Sir Tom/Mixu who have said they will build a new stand next season AND will actually do it,

whilst we wait a year(alledgedly) for planning permission for a stand that was due to be built two years ago ?

I dont think this period in the history of the two clubs is one where we have any high ground to sit on and snipe about a cup we were put out of before they were and by lesser opposition than them.

The OP is dos IMO

it will be interesting to see which club lays the first brick.

Would that be the same Petrie/Sir Tom/Mixu who are currently preparing their club to consolodate their UEFA cup place, whilst our no marks are preparing for next season already and whats more we're doing it without a manager in place to make the key decisions. The same Petrie/Sir Tom/Mixu who have said they will build a new stand next season AND will actually do it, whilst we wait a year(alledgedly) for planning permission for a stand that was due to be built two years ago ?

The OP is dos IMO

Confirmed what I always thought of you.

RockyBalboa
it will be interesting to see which club lays the first brick.

If Hearts start there new stand before the end of next season it might be them.

I got phoned up by Hibs to tell me Ill probably be moved to the South before the end of next season before I renew my season ticket in the east. :cool:

Dirk Diggler
True. It's one of the only times I've went on about Hearts debt. I was only stating that Hearts 2 cup wins have cost ?40million worth of debt. End of story.

And I was only confirming you were talking Sheite when you said you weren't obsessed with debt.

End of story.

RockyBalboa
And I was only confirming you were talking Sheite when you said you weren't obsessed with debt.

End of story.

Ok. I've been obsessed with Hearts debt from the start of this thread until now.

Im sorry. Im over it. :)

Nucky Thompson

The OP is dos IMO

I am sitting here scratching my head??? Why would any Hearts supporter come out with this pish:evilno:

Rusty Can Man
I am sitting here scratching my head??? Why would any Hearts supporter come out with this pish:evilno:

Being realistic? :confused:

Nucky Thompson
Being realistic? :confused:
There's a time and a place for being realistic:rolleyes: This thread has turned into a bit of banter between Hearts fans and a Hobo, to come on and rubbish your own team and stick up for the enemy is a no no in my book:cool:

winston churchill
There's a time and a place for being realistic:rolleyes: This thread has turned into a bit of banter between Hearts fans and a Hobo,
to come on and rubbish your own team and stick up for the enemy is a no no in my book

:cool:

with only 15 posts,maybe he's not showed his hand yet.

Claw it back! Almost break even!

Aye you will. Once you've paid of all your debt....

Hibernian football club: HFC Holdings are the majority shareholder of HFC (the football club) with 58,903,512 shares. The remainder of the 60,000,000 shares are held by hundreds of small shareholders. HFC (the football club) has 3 mortgages and a floating charge with the Bank of Scotland, a floating charge with Girobank plc, a mortgage as well as a bond & floating charge with HFC Holdings and a bond & floating charge to STF.

The new training centre is owned by HFC (the football club) but has a mortgage to HFC holdings.

HFC holdings: Only two directors, STF & Rod the mowser. This company also has 3 mortgages and a floating charge with the Bank of Scotland (mortgages registered separately from those against the football club) along with a mortgage and bond & floating charge to STF.

Can you quote your source for the above? I don't think the above statement is fact. Even if it is slightly factual my understanding of a mortgage is that it is a secured source of borrowing. Now if your debts are greater than your assets even if these assets were bought using secured borrowing you are in trouble. Even selling your security you used for the borrowing for the mortgage doesn't save the company. Sound familiar?

Do I think Hibs financial position is clear and everything is rosy. No I don't but I am happier with Hibs position than Hearts w.r.t. the debt situation. A lot of the time Hearts mention that the debt they have is effectively Vlads or his companies. I am aware of HFC holdings but isn't the situation much the same here i.e. the same major shareholder.

Dirk Diggler
with only 15 posts,maybe he's not showed his hand yet.

IIRC he already did on the old board.

*you really need to get this highlighting a part of a quote sorted out :laugh:

RockyBalboa
There's a time and a place for being realistic:rolleyes: This thread has turned into a bit of banter between Hearts fans and a Hobo, to come on and rubbish your own team and stick up for the enemy is a no no in my book:cool:

Have to agree. :cool:

Now....'mon the debt haha.

Dirk Diggler
Can you quote your source for the above? I don't think the above statement is fact. Even if it is slightly factual my understanding of a mortgage is that it is a secured source of borrowing. Now if your debts are greater than your assets even if these assets were bought using secured borrowing you are in trouble. Even selling your security you used for the borrowing for the mortgage doesn't save the company. Sound familiar?

Do I think Hibs financial position is clear and everything is rosy. No I don't but I am happier with Hibs position than Hearts w.r.t. the debt situation. A lot of the time Hearts mention that the debt they have is effectively Vlads or his companies. I am aware of HFC holdings but isn't the situation much the same here i.e. the same major shareholder.

Oh ffs, Is it a relay team?

Source: Registers of Scotland & Companies House websites. Both are public registers that, for a small fee, anyone can access.

Don't believe me, fine check them out for yourself.

FACT.

RockyBalboa
Source: Registers of Scotland & Companies House websites. Both are public registers that, for a small fee, anyone can access.

FACT.

You paid a small fee to view the Hibs accounts and didnt publish the results on here?

Why?!?!

You paid a small fee to view the Hibs accounts and didnt publish the results on here?

Why?!?!

Where did i say I paid a small fee?

My job gives me access to a wide and varied source of information. I don't pay for it.

As i also said earlier, i previously posted the same info a couple of weeks ago to put another KB vermin pet's gas at a peep.

RockyBalboa
Where did i say I paid a small fee?

My job gives me access to a wide and varied source of information. I don't pay for it.

Lets see what you have seen then. Fancy emailing me a copy and paste job?

Lets see what you have seen then. Fancy emailing me a copy and paste job?

Splash the cash ya miserable Kant.

FACT.

And it will tell me here that "The new training centre is owned by HFC (the football club) but has a mortgage to HFC holdings."?

And it will tell me here that "The new training centre is owned by HFC (the football club) but has a mortgage to HFC holdings."?

Right, my last post on this subject tonight.

The ROS site will confirm the mortgages over fester road and the cow's barn.

The Companies House site will confirm the mortgages over hibernian football club and HFC holdings, alongwith the bond's & floating charges.

Edit: It actually won't say "mortgage", that is an English term. It'll say 'Standard Security' which is the Scottish term but they both mean the same thing.

Petrie / Sir Tom / Mixu - were you watching?

That should have been Hibs today!

Tits! :107years:

Shouldn't it actually have been Celtic and Dundee today.

Charlie-Brown
Shouldn't it actually have been Celtic and Dundee today.

Oh shoosh TC :rolleyes: It was just some gentle Hibs baiting. :)

Only a Game
Confirmed what I always thought of you.

Not bad coming from a Fantasist. Liar. Embroiderer of tall tales.Know all who knows feck all.

The ROS site will confirm the mortgages over fester road and the cow's barn.

Heh! you can find out (according to Legend) who your neighbour has their mortgage with. No wonder ID theft is so rife?

I am NOT paying the fee to check this is not BS.

My info. Hibs paid ?636,000 for the land (source HFC website) and have paid/committed of expenditure ?4.2 (source BBC financial statement). Can't find any reference to mortgages. But if it's a cow's barn it's not going to be too bad :wink:.

Heh! you can find out (according to Legend) who your neighbour has their mortgage with. No wonder ID theft is so rife?

I am NOT paying the fee to check this is not BS.

My info. Hibs paid ?636,000 for the land (source HFC website) and have paid/committed of expenditure ?4.2 (source BBC financial statement). Can't find any reference to mortgages. But if it's a cow's barn it's not going to be too bad :wink:.

Are you a homeowner? PM me your name & address, give me 5 minutes and i'll confirm how many mortgages you have and who they're with.

FACT.

Or, if you're a Leither, ask around to see if anyone you know works at Meadowbank House on London Road.

Are you a homeowner? PM me your name & address, give me 5 minutes and i'll confirm how many mortgages you have and who they're with.

FACT.

Or, if you're a Leither, ask around to see if anyone you know works at Meadowbank House on London Road.

Can you get a mortgage for a caravan?;)

winston churchill
IIRC he already did on the old board.

you really need to get this highlighting a part of a quote sorted out
:laugh:

am a dovered,am a.

Actually seems good answers to me. :cool:

Does the question actually get answered factually though RB?

I did like this post....

..they have nothing to talk about on the footy side so they are now suddenly all accountants !!!...

Oh ma sides.....

jamboinglasgow
It seems that at least one of the Lochend jakey's is starting to question the irregularities surrounding the Leithers finance's.

Anyone any idea where all the money has went?

Plenty still want to keep their head in the sand though.

it annoys me when they go on about our training centre and make out theirs is better.

lets see,

Riccarton

+ have many decent pitches

+ decent facilties that a club needs

+ an indoor pitch

+ is situated in a univsersity who specilaise in sports science

+ situated on the outskirts of Edinburgh so is easy for young players to get to. Plus quite a few buses run to Riccarton.

+ as is on a campus, visting young players can stay in dorms on site

- It is not owned by us, only leased. However we have about 20 years left on that lease and would imagine it is unlikely Heriott-watt would end the lease, mutally benefical. Plus Romanov has mentioned before he quite like to set up a bigger training centre (though doubt if this happens, its anytime soon.)

Hibs Training Centre

+ many decent pitches

+ indoor pitch

+ decent facilities

+ Hibs own it (I presume.)

- It is situated quite far out of Edinburgh and not really on any good transport links, so tough on young footballers.

In my view both training centres are good quality and would make most British clubs happy but in terms of the better deal, Hearts have it, even though it is leased, the location is ideal and benefical for Hearts. Also I doubt Heriott-watt would turn round after 25 years and say no to renewing, having a major Scottish team's training ground at their campus benefits them in profile and what they could teach.

Gigolo-Aunt
Course we are. It's called rivalry in my book. :cool:

Is it ??

I look at the Hibs results, read the match report and thats where my interest ends.

Over 5000 posts on a rival board suggests you are obsessed.

RockyBalboa
Is it ??

I look at the Hibs results, read the match report and thats where my interest ends.

Over 5000 posts on a rival board suggests you are obsessed.

Here, I spend a lot of the time in the Shed and the banter is top notch with many quality posters. If it makes me obsessed then fair enough. :cool:

RockyBalboa
it annoys me when they go on about our training centre and make out theirs is better.

lets see,

Riccarton

+ have many decent pitches

+ decent facilties that a club needs

+ an indoor pitch

+ is situated in a univsersity who specilaise in sports science

+ situated on the outskirts of Edinburgh so is easy for young players to get to. Plus quite a few buses run to Riccarton.

+ as is on a campus, visting young players can stay in dorms on site

- It is not owned by us, only leased. However we have about 20 years left on that lease and would imagine it is unlikely Heriott-watt would end the lease, mutally benefical. Plus Romanov has mentioned before he quite like to set up a bigger training centre (though doubt if this happens, its anytime soon.)

Hibs Training Centre

+ many decent pitches

+ indoor pitch

+ decent facilities

+ Hibs own it (I presume.)

- It is situated quite far out of Edinburgh and not really on any good transport links, so tough on young footballers.

In my view both training centres are good quality and would make most British clubs happy but in terms of the better deal, Hearts have it, even though it is leased, the location is ideal and benefical for Hearts. Also I doubt Heriott-watt would turn round after 25 years and say no to renewing, having a major Scottish team's training ground at their campus benefits them in profile and what they could teach.

You could say because Hibs own the training ground, all money from other sides using the facilities and just normal punters will go to Hibs. The location is much better for Hearts though agreed. Both have got good deals imo and it's good that both clubs have such facilites. Better than anything else in Scotland by miles outwith the OF.

You could say because Hibs own the training ground, all money from other sides using the facilities and just normal punters will go to Hibs....

Surely any income derived from paying users would go to paying of the mortgage and not to hibs?

Archived