Getting your barnet chopped

Sten Guns

How much do you spend on making your napper neat and tidy?

I know some bursds who will spend over ?100 for a cut and colour.

Madness, no?

I thought I was bad @ ?25.

Madness, no?

?13 and ?2 tip and I get a cup of tea while I am waiting too :verysmug:

Bought clippers about 6 years back - so the wife does mine. A number 2 all over does me.

Just remembered I've got clippers and I got the wife to give me a #4 all over.

What could go wrong?

Well as she was clipping I heard her say "oops" and I said what do you mean "oops?" She said it was nothing so I forgot about it.

Next day at work we went for our dinner and my mate was walking behind be and he burst out laughing at my hair at the back. I never saw it but he said it was a mess.

I had to go to the barbers to get it sorted out and it cost me double due to the state it was in. She's never been allowed near it again.

I get to sit in the house and get done for free as the wife's a hairdresser. Free for the last 17 years.

Guest GhostHunter

Just remembered I've got clippers and I got the wife to give me a #4 all over.

What could go wrong?

Well as she was clipping I heard her say "oops" and I said what do you mean "oops?" She said it was nothing so I forgot about it.

Next day at work we went for our dinner and my mate was walking behind be and he burst out laughing at my hair at the back. I never saw it but he said it was a mess.

I had to go to the barbers to get it sorted out and it cost me double due to the state it was in. She's never been allowed near it again.

Rookie error IMO.

I remember one Sunday one of our neighbours came to the door and asked if we had any clippers as she had been giving her husband a number 2 and only got half the head done when the clippers packed in.We didn't have clippers , she had to try and finish the job with a pair of scissors and you should have seen the nick of the finished job.

Mrs O is a hairdresser, so I pay nothing. :smuggy:

When she was learning to cut though, I paid a very high price :sob: I wore a hat a lot back in the day.

An ex girlfriend of mine (not that one :lol:) wanted to take the clippers to my hair. Great I thought, so told her a wanted a number 2. Strange how the attachment pinged off and I got a number 0. It looked terrible :down: I was a skinny bugger at the time (still am but a stone or two heavier) and I looked like a Belsen victim :angry:

Bought clippers about 6 years back - so the wife does mine. A number 2 all over does me.

same, ?20 on clippers 2 year ago, save me a tenner every two months :)

Do it myself with clippers.

Bought them the day a hairdresser told me it would be ?10 to shave my head.

?8 and a ?2 tip.

Its all about personality and not vanity in my world.......:thumbsup:

Exact same here. Kept neat every two weeks.

Finding a barbers locally has been a problem for me as they're all Bengali/Indian where I live. I spent a fiver on a haircut in Soho once and I got a fivers worth. I had to go somewhere else to get it fixed :lol:

Was spending ?12 for a while after that but the chat was terrible and it was like getting my hair cut from a deaf mute.

I now go to a barbers in the arcade next to Liverpool St Station and whilst its pricey at ?22 they cut it well and have the ability to hold a conversation.

?40 for cut and colour which I don't think is too bad. The guy that cuts it does a good job and there's always good chat and a bit of banter (He's a hibby and his girlfriend who also works in the salon is a jambo!)

Hair_clippers.jpg

Nine times out of ten i come away with a very stylish do. There is the odd occasion where it looks a little bit Hitler Youth but it's due to come back in fashion sooner or later so it's all good.

The many moons ago when i used to get my hair cut it was Woods for a flat-top

then when it was just for a No 2 cut it was York st barbers and that was about ?6 (Norrie a good jambo worked there)

Nowadys its a ?25 set of clippers bought 5years ago and i do it myself

:thumbsup:

Madness, no?

Girls tend to get fewer haircuts than men.

I'd never pay more than a tenner for a haircut myself. My current place is ?6 which aint bad for the centre of London.

The last few years as a student I was just getting it clipped - 3 back and sides (1.5 around the bottom to keep it neat) and a 5 on top.

But now office life means back to something a bit more professional looking...and a bit more money.

?6 for replacement blades for my razor, every 6 months. Hair is for the effete.

Ok I have a sun roof and it's a pain in the erse having to shave, but I do or I'll end up looking like Shakespeare.

Guest C00l K1d

?15-20 quid out of boom barbers.

Was recommend them as I won't get the 25 quid price at Charlie Miller now im 18 :sob:

What are they like?

Is it a proper hairdressers or a barbers

?15-20 quid out of boom barbers.

Same here. Go to the one in Stockbridge as they have the best staff. Used to go to the one in Broughton Street but found that the boy that runs the place is a total arse. His ego is about the size of his gut.

Was recommend them as I won't get the 25 quid price at Charlie Miller now im 18 :sob:

What are they like?

It's a hairdressers for men I would say. If you wanted it coloured or that they do that sort of thing.

Guest C00l K1d

It's a hairdressers for men I would say. If you wanted it coloured or that they do that sort of thing.

Just a wet cut I'd want

I've got longish hair though and last time I went to a normal barbers they butchered it :laugh:

Just a wet cut I'd want

I've got longish hair though and last time I went to a normal barbers they butchered it :laugh:

It's the place to go then. I've had long hair in the past and they've always made a good job of it. Just avoid the shop on Broughton Street.

What are they like?

One of my mates goes to Boom Barbers. He really likes it.

Another one of my mates works for Paterson SA and it would be ?50 if I didn't know him. Half price for me.

No guy should pay ?50 just for a cut IMO.

One of my mates goes to Boom Barbers. He really likes it.

Another one of my mates works for Paterson SA and it would be ?50 if I didn't know him. Half price for me.

No guy should pay ?50 just for a cut IMO.

Which 1 of your mates work at Paterson's? I work right next to the one near OT

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Used to pay ?50 plus for Paterson SA near OT when I was earning big bucks in London. I have a right odd shaped napper that the geezer in their used to be able to hide and I've had a bad haircut phobia offer years of my ma dragging me to the Blethering Brothers in Broxburn as a kid.

Now it's clippers in the summer and a decent cut out a wee place on Brandon Terrace for ?20 incl tip.

Wouldn't wear ?10 jeans and most ?10 haircuts I've had have been well shan.

Archived