The Dean Shiels Song.

MayfieldJambo

Graham Thomson

I have a season ticket in section G, and i was disgusted and embarrased, with the Dean Shiels song, we should be better than that, what moron would sing about a young lad losing an eye, scary stuff, and by the way, im probably the least P.C person you would meet, but there is a line, and quite a few crossed it yesterday.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe an Ednburgh derby isn't quite the place for some of the posters on this thread.

And, dare I say it, neither is the Hearts end - riddled with lurkers, to my eyes...

winston churchill
First game after his operation I seem to remember him getting a decent reception from the Hearts fans.

Then he turned into an odious little tosser who attempted to knock Craig Gordon out after scoring a penalty.

Is my memory playing tricks on me ?

he was also hitting the deck any time a hearts player went near him.

First game after his operation I seem to remember him getting a decent reception from the Hearts fans.

Then he turned into an odious little tosser who attempted to knock Craig Gordon out after scoring a penalty.

Is my memory playing tricks on me ?

After the CG incident he deserves all the abuse he gets. ;)

Personally ... who I might/might not have a go at on the pitch at a football match - and why - bears no relation to my beliefs or how I behave outside the ground. That said...

Personal "Never's" : discrimination on colour or religous grounds...these are the only big and absolute no-no's IMO

Aside from those, I think it's all fair game in the confines of the ground. That includes sexual-orientation,wife's marital fidelity, height, weight, hair-colour,baldness, parentage,hoboness, regional origins (weedgie, welsh, leither etc) and the number of eyes, ears, arms possessed etc

I can only speak for myself :rolleyes:

winston churchill
I have a season ticket in section G, and i was disgusted and embarrased, with the Dean Shiels song, we should be better than that, what moron would sing about a young lad losing an eye, scary stuff, and by the way, im probably the least P.C person you would meet, but there is a line, and quite a few crossed it yesterday.

you could always sit in the hubz end ,and listen to the s cum sing a song about a man who died of cancer.

you could always sit in the hubz end ,and listen to the s cum sing a song about a man who died of cancer.

Or Steven Pressley being a child molester or Rudi Skacel being a "****ing refugee".

Graham Thomson

That makes it ok then, so we have to behave like ****bags as well, thats what makes us better than them, if they want to make idiots of themselves by singing about the late great Wallce Mercer, let the clowns carry on making arses of themselves, but we really should be better than that.

Malcolm Tucker
That makes it ok then, so we have to behave like ****bags as well, thats what makes us better than them, if they want to make idiots of themselves by singing about the late great Wallce Mercer, let the clowns carry on making arses of themselves, but we really should be better than that.

They sing about a man who died of cancer.

We sing about a young lad who is playing in the top league in Scotland who has only one eye.

There is a massive difference.

I think a wee section should be kept aside (section A should suffice) for the PC brigade to sing their own songs (ie. Hearts Hearts rah rah rah!), whilst tanning their Scallop and prawn sannies, and leave us normal thinking jambos to vent our spleens at all and sundry, regardless of the contents of the said songs. As Neave said, let us be hated, and make Tynie a place to fear once again.

FTH and everyone who sails on her.

The Old Tolbooth
I think a wee section should be kept aside (section A should suffice) for the PC brigade to sing their own songs (ie. Hearts Hearts rah rah rah!), whilst tanning their Scallop and prawn sannies, and leave us normal thinking jambos to vent our spleens at all and sundry, regardless of the contents of the said songs. As Neave said, let us be hated, and make Tynie a place to fear once again.

FTH and everyone who sails on her.

Well said Gadgey :)

He (Dean) stated that he couldnt see somone 6ft4 inches tall because he was on his blind side, fair enough I thought, maybe give him the benefit of the doubt this time. However, some of his play, and his BEST goals have came from his so called BLIND side, so we now know that he was talking absolute pish and is a bawbag of the highest order.

He's also a diving little tw@t who never gets picked on by refs because of his so called disability and he takes full advantage of it. He's an arrogant little tosser who deserves all he gets, and if he wasnt like that he really would have my sympathy, in fact he did have my sympathy until the CG incident where he really did make a complete tit of himself the wee ******!

Does anyone know if he actually gets offended by it?

I think we should find out. Someone should investigate.

Columbo would be the man for the job.

If he did, it probably make us more determined....

:P

Nope, he doesn't.

He hates the Hearts support and wouldn't expect anything less. ;)

Nope, he doesn't.

he should be grateful - cant be that many players as ****e as him who have songs dedicated to them.

Nope, he doesn't.

I heard their actually remaking Columbo.

Is he any good at acting?

Nope, he doesn't.

And there's the justification for our abuse of the horrible wee caaaaaaaant.

And there's the justification for our abuse of the horrible wee caaaaaaaant.

Im sure if there was a disabled Hearts player who have scored a couple of goals (including a brilliant winner) against Hibs and hated the Hibs support he would get abuse too. :cool:

Im sure if there was a disabled Hearts player who have scored a couple of goals (including a brilliant winner) against Hibs and hated the Hibs support he would get abuse too. :cool:

And that's true, but I think we can leave at at that as some are taking the valid discussion around the rights and wrongs of singing the song too far. No doubt we'll pick this topic up again at the next derby.

Mod7

Archived