Bape/Billionaire Boys Club/Ice Cream/Baby Milo/Apesta

flogelisgod

flogelisgod

Just wondering if there are any other fans of the brands that are Jambos and where they buy their stuff?

Just wondering if there are any other fans of the brands that are Jambos and where they buy their stuff?

A poster whose name is a high ranking army officer likes BBC stuff. he gets it from Cruise. Have to say, I'm not a fan as it's a bit too hip hop for someone who doesn't have mousse in their hair.

What sort of stuff is this?

Stone Island looking, football hooligan stuff? I think Cruise clothes mostly look too neddy or gay. Got a couple of ok T-shirts from there but most of the stuff is awful.

What sort of stuff is this?

Stone Island looking, football hooligan stuff? I think Cruise clothes mostly look too neddy or gay. Got a couple of ok T-shirts from there but most of the stuff is awful.

I think giving some of your posts on the trainers thread that you would be into quite alot of the stuff mate.

I think giving some of your posts on the trainers thread that you would be into quite alot of the stuff mate.

I'm checking out

http://www.bape.com right now, i'll take a wee look at the rest too.

southlondonjambo

It's hip-hop stuff - but more 'Williamsburg hipster' than 'Compton gangster'....

kanye-west-bape.jpg

bape-dc-comics-released-main.jpg

pharrell-1110259722_l.jpg

Though I am into hip-hop, I'm a bit old for all this stuff....

It's hip-hop stuff - but more 'Williamsburg hipster' than 'Compton gangster'....

kanye-west-bape.jpg

bape-dc-comics-released-main.jpg

pharrell-1110259722_l.jpg

Though I am into hip-hop, I'm a bit old for all this stuff....

Yeah i'm rapidly approaching 30 so i don't wear stuff that's too whiggerish. Have to say that i do like some of the stuff. The full zip hooders are cool if the colours are right (got to watch if the zip goes round the hood though because it plucks the hair from your face if you have not shaved - ooyah!!)

I like carhartt the best for jeans. They are baggy but not so baggy that you look like a whigger. Stussy for hooders and t-shirts, my favourite label by miles. Volcom and Split are also among my favourites.

southlondonjambo

I don't really own any of that stuff to be honest - I tend to just wear t-shirts with MF Doom, Eric B & Rakim, De La Soul, Guilty Simpson, Stones Throw etc. written on the front.

And some Air Force 1s.

I don't really own any of that stuff to be honest - I tend to just wear t-shirts with MF Doom, Eric B & Rakim, De La Soul, Guilty Simpson, Stones Throw etc. written on the front.

And some Air Force 1s.

I'm a big fan of Stone's Throw, ever downloaded any of their podcasts? Amazing stuff - the Guilty one is tremendous. GS and peanutbutter wolf played up here in Glasgow last year, was one if the best gigs i went to for ages.

I'm a big fan of MF Doom, DangerDoom, MadLib, Lord Quas and all that stuff. You have good taste in tunes mate.

flogelisgod

Im approaching 30 too but i dunno why, its my favourite label cos its so simple and comfortable. Clothes are colourful and theyre fantastic just to relax in. Cruise does have the BBC stuff and bought a few items from there already. Just wondering if theres any untapped sources that i can go check out!

After winning the jackpot on a ?500 puggy yesterday with 10 quid, i went and bought this bad boy!

6bd8_1.JPG

6c3c_1.JPG6b53_1.JPG

Im approaching 30 too but i dunno why, its my favourite label cos its so simple and comfortable. Clothes are colourful and theyre fantastic just to relax in. Cruise does have the BBC stuff and bought a few items from there already. Just wondering if theres any untapped sources that i can go check out!

After winning the jackpot on a ?500 puggy yesterday with 10 quid, i went and bought this bad boy!

6bd8_1.JPG

6c3c_1.JPG6b53_1.JPG

coooool, how much was that?

Is the stuff cut large, small or average? I like stuff that's cut really big so the XL really is XL.

flogelisgod

that hoody with p and p cost ?250 or thereabouts...

It is pretty sweet though and im confident that if i wear it out, i wont see some wee tramp with it on! :)

that hoody with p and p cost ?250 or thereabouts...

It is pretty sweet though and im confident that if i wear it out, i wont see some wee tramp with it on! :)

Yikes - that's a lot.

What make is that one? I can't read the label.

flogelisgod

I think its called a Bape/Apesta Shark.

The hoodys for bape normally start roughly ?120 upwards from what ive seen for the real ones.

I've been into hip hop for years and have always tried to dress more backpacker style than like a whigger. Used to by a lot of LRG stuff and Supreme Being. Got a cracking velour puma tracksuit top, although don't where it so much these days. How much is the BBC stuff in Cruise, e.g. a t-shirt or hoodie.

On a side note anyone go to the stones throw gig at the venue for trptych 2004, one of my top gigs of all time.

PBF djing, then madlib came on and did a set, with jay dilla coming on half way through doing stuff of the jaylib album and some slum v stuff. wasn't advertised as being there so creamed myself when he came on.

prince paul, prince po, j-rocc were upstairs. not a bad line up. dangermouse was supposed to be there, but had just blew up with the grey album. so never made it

I've been into hip hop for years and have always tried to dress more backpacker style than like a whigger. Used to by a lot of LRG stuff and Supreme Being. Got a cracking velour puma tracksuit top, although don't where it so much these days. How much is the BBC stuff in Cruise, e.g. a t-shirt or hoodie.

On a side note anyone go to the stones throw gig at the venue for trptych 2004, one of my top gigs of all time.

PBF djing, then madlib came on and did a set, with jay dilla coming on half way through doing stuff of the jaylib album and some slum v stuff. wasn't advertised as being there so creamed myself when he came on.

prince paul, prince po, j-rocc were upstairs. not a bad line up. dangermouse was supposed to be there, but had just blew up with the grey album. so never made it

Yeah i went to the Glasgow Renfrew Ferry one.

Madlid, PBW and Jay Dilla all played at that as well. It was amazing. That was the best triptych by miles. IIRC, madlib etc played on the Saturday and the night before i went to see Kruder and Dorfmeister play a 4.5hour DJ set. Brilliant as well.

the general
A poster whose name is a high ranking army officer likes BBC stuff. he gets it from Cruise. Have to say, I'm not a fan as it's a bit too hip hop for someone who doesn't have mousse in their hair.

cheeky boy - no upgrade for you on the way home mate its donkey class for you !

southlondonjambo

i was at that gig, one of the last shows i went to in edinburgh before moving to london.

that moment when Madlib brought out Jay-Dee was incredible....

RIP Dilla.

PS - have you heard that Black Milk & Bishop Lamont LP, 'Caltroit'? Been rinsing it for months now - that and the new eMC album 'The Show.

i was at that gig, one of the last shows i went to in edinburgh before moving to london.

that moment when Madlib brought out Jay-Dee was incredible....

RIP Dilla.

PS - have you heard that Black Milk & Bishop Lamont LP, 'Caltroit'? Been rinsing it for months now - that and the new eMC album 'The Show.

I have some older black milk stuff - pretty decent.

I have a brilliant tune he did with Gulity Simpson.

the general
Some of the t-shirts are very cool.

got to be carefull where you buy from online - its huge in HK and Thailand so the fakes are very hard to spot.

Nah, not heard it. Will check it out. To be honest, I've been having a break from hiphop recently. Real hard to find stuff i like these days. Last stuff i liked was recent little brother album, ghostfaces last couple and looking forward to Saigon album. Played out the last Pharoahe Monch album and the strange fruit project.

flogelisgod

t shirts start from..?55 i think and goes up to ?350 or so for the jackets..I bought me one of the space camo hoodies in there which was my first item. Well cool. I would really go into Cruise to buy BBC, Boss or anything for the gf. Im of chinese descent and my gf is japanese so i do have contacts to get the real deal about. The general is right though. TONS of fakes kickin about. On Ebay there are like 5 authentic sellers but theyre not cheap i tell ya!

Nah, not heard it. Will check it out. To be honest, I've been having a break from hiphop recently. Real hard to find stuff i like these days. Last stuff i liked was recent little brother album, ghostfaces last couple and looking forward to Saigon album. Played out the last Pharoahe Monch album and the strange fruit project.

Do you like dubstep?

I've not been buying so much hip-hop for the last year and what i have bought has been older stuff. Some great dubstep

Milanese, Rustie, Nyabingi and Burial all getting much play from me right now.

I'm working on a dubsetp mix at the moment, i'll post it in 2 or 3 weeks when i've had time to record it. It'll be dark edge stuff with some hiphopness and some nastyness.

Cool, might pop in there when i get paid next. Fancy a pair of BAPESTA nikes as well. in london in june, so hopefully cop a pair then. noticed that they both combined to create a pair of spongebob ones. only a brave man would wear them though.

flogelisgod

yea its a bit crappy as in Scotland only 2 shops sell BBC and only one shop in UK, theres only one Bape shop..guess thats why theyre in high demand. Off to London at some point soon too for a wee trip to the shop. Only been like once so far but spent a whack!

Not heard that much dub step, some of it seems a bit on the heavy side for me. I come from a more soulful side of hiphop. Been listening to a lot of old stuff like Roger Troutman, the Gap Band, funkadelic, a bit of Cameo recently.

I'll have a listen when you post it cos i do like dnb and from what i've heard they're quite similar.

flogelisgod

cos theyre comfortable and he likes them. Sounds like a good enough reason. :)

And im not a particular fan of hip hop/r and b scene neither! Love my dance music.

cheeky boy - no upgrade for you on the way home mate its donkey class for you !

I didn't get an upgrade - again. :sad:

Had to slum it in Club World. :rolleyes:

Jesus there is some foul clothing on this thread.

OTS,Section 60, 12th Man, Levis, SI/CP Company, Polo, Hackett, Adidas, Armani, Hugo Boss, Gant, Cerrutti and maybe some 80's casuals T's thrown in is where it's at.

OTS,Section 60, 12th Man, Levis, SI/CP Company, Polo, Hackett, Adidas, Armani, Hugo Boss, Gant, Cerrutti and maybe some 80's casuals T's thrown in is where it's at.

So...Ned eh????

We'll have none of that in this thread. ;)

So...Ned eh????

We'll have none of that in this thread. ;)

No. Just some classic labels that will always be in my closet.

No. Just some classic labels that will always be in my closet.

Not into that sort of stuff at all mate.

It's for people who think they are characters in the football factory and use phrases like "jog on" and "mug".

Bad scene.

Not into that sort of stuff at all mate.

It's for people who think they are characters in the football factory and use phrases like "jog on" and "mug".

Bad scene.

I've never used the phrase "jog on" and meant it.

Little kids may wear those labels and act like that but I am sure 30 somethings like myself have moved on, only slightly;)

I've never used the phrase "jog on" and meant it.

Little kids may wear those labels and act like that but I am sure 30 somethings like myself have moved on, only slightly;)

haha! nice.

If i ever decide that i want to dress like Danny Diver, is it cool to drop you a PM for some pointers?:cool:

flogelisgod

I like my Boss and Armani too, along with Y3 trainers(i know theyve gone total neddy but im talking 3-4 years ago), Compared to these labels, the design on the BAPE stuff is a lot more stylish i feel compared to the labels above. Lets be honest, if were paying the money we pay for your Stone Islands or Armani's, youre much better off getting something with a littl ebit of difference and design to it.

Go to any football gorund these days and it's awash with G-Star. For G-Star read Von Dutch, Tommy Hillfigger, etc.

The Y3 stuff is real nice, but at then end of the day it's still Adidias and pretty pricey for what it is.

Archived