Webster - strolled it (Merged Threads)

Heres Rixxy

Big_Hearts_Runner

Wonder what all the Nob-end Hearts fans whineing about his signing will be saying to it now? :whistling:

coatbridgejambo

surely no longer to be called judas

i hope huh.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wonder what all the Nob-end Hearts fans whineing about his signing will be saying to it now? :whistling:

Knob-end (note the spelling) here. :thumbsup:

As I posted on the match thread, I will still be happy when he leaves the club. While he plays, I want him to do as well as possible and was delighted with his performance.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Punks No Deid

despite what he did there is no doubt that he is a class player,

with all the players that will leave in the not too distant ..

I reckon he'd deffo be one to keep to bring on the younger guys.

did we not all cheer when he stuck the ball in the back of the net,long live andy webster he's the best we've got,******* luv him.

Harry Palmer

Knob-end (note the spelling) here. :thumbsup:

As I posted on the match thread, I will still be happy when he leaves the club. While he plays, I want him to do as well as possible and was delighted with his performance.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Correct.

:thumbsup:

Solid performance from him. And i would expect nothing else from him. Nice to see the 'old' him

Thunderstruck

Grow up!

We would replace him with who?

He's been brilliant all season!

Spot on. Reading some other posts, it's hard to believe we actually won today.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Grow up!

We would replace him with who?

He's been brilliant all season!

Probably an inferior player. But that isn't my point in any case.

Anyway, I am delighted he scored and we won, but his wrong can never be atoned for in my view.

His contribution to the last 3 derbies hav been immense.

I'm personally willing to forgive. That finish today - :yas:

Disser Pointon

Did very well again, Blackie shaded it for MOTM for me and Webby was a bit lucky first half when he got caught wrong side of chunk and tugged his jumper.

heartsfc_fan

Webster has been great the last few weeks. Strolled it against Motherwell and again today.

Snake Plissken

Been superb in the last three derbies and hasn't spat the dummy during the wages fiasco.

I'm happy to forgive him now.

Clerry Jambo

usual nonces mate, webster DID stroll the game and scored the vital second.......but :rolleyes:

scots civil war

hate it when he hoofs it up the park though

lets himself down in that dept sometimes

him and zal shaping up well nowadays and great to see

winston churchill

Mr Webster is a class act.

As for the Idiots who would not know a good player if he sat on their knee :lol:

Nummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbur six :seething:

Thunderstruck

Watch the first goal again - he was talking McGowan through the move at the corner. It's great having a player like this who is comfortable in his own game and able to help out the youngsters.

Our most important derby player in recent years.Seems to be involved in a lot of our goals.

Absolutely spot on. He terrifies the shit out of the vermin defence at set pieces every time we play them. Well done Andy.

Probably an inferior player. But that isn't my point in any case.

Anyway, I am delighted he scored and we won, but his wrong can never be atoned for in my view.

:lol:

Such a stupid post that I am actually agreeing with Sten Guns for once.

Punks No Deid

Watch the first goal again - he was talking McGowan through the move at the corner. It's great having a player like this who is comfortable in his own game and able to help out the youngsters.

:thumbsup: someone who actually watched what was happening, exactly what I said on another post, he'll guide young guys like Gowser just like Elvis did for him

Walter Bishop

Had a hand in our goals, was solid defensively BUT appears very nervy with the ball at his feet.

Couldnt disagree more, looks calm onthe ball all the time.

Diadora Van Basten

Webster is playing extremely well just now and is probably the best centre back in the country.

My man of the match by a mile. Strolled through the game not that the Hibs forwards offered much opposiion. Alll is forgiven Andy

his wrong can never be atoned for in my view.

That puts you somewhere above God in the great scheme of things.

But still maybe somewhere below Vlad, who saw it in himself to give Webster a second chance.

Great game by Webster today.

Possibly his best game since coming back.

Scored, or set up, 3 of our 5 goals against the hobos this season.

:jesus:

portobellojambo1

Andy Webster was MOTM today by a feckin mile and a bit. Those saying Ian Black would have been right if the game had stopped just before the penalty was awarded, but from the moment he missed the penalty until the end Black offered very little else in the game.

It was Webster's header which created Ryan's goal (although he virtually told Ryan exactly where to be as he seemed to know he was going to win the corner), in fact it was noticeable on Wednesday he also talked Darren Barr and Ryan through the whole game, constantly keeping them in a tight line formation when we were playing against that second half gale. As well as playing top level himself he is helping others in the back line.

He then scored a superb second, and defended well throughout (the only mistake I can remember him making was a loose pass which went out for a thrown in, during the early minutes of the second half, when the whole team seemed to go to sleep).

Big mention for John Sutton as well, did very well to set up both the 2nd and 3rd goals and he is a player who I still think could hit the heights at Tynecastle if given a prolonged run in the side, and the players who provide the service can establish exactly how he wants the ball delivered.

south morocco

Andy Webster was MOTM today by a feckin mile and a bit. Those saying Ian Black would have been right if the game had stopped just before the penalty was awarded, but from the moment he missed the penalty until the end Black offered very little else in the game.

It was Webster's header which created Ryan's goal (although he virtually told Ryan exactly where to be as he seemed to know he was going to win the corner), in fact it was noticeable on Wednesday he also talked Darren Barr and Ryan through the whole game, constantly keeping them in a tight line formation when we were playing against that second half gale. As well as playing top level himself he is helping others in the back line.

He then scored a superb second, and defended well throughout (the only mistake I can remember him making was a loose pass which went out for a thrown in, during the early minutes of the second half, when the whole team seemed to go to sleep).

Big mention for John Sutton as well, did very well to set up both the 2nd and 3rd goals and he is a player who I still think could hit the heights at Tynecastle if given a prolonged run in the side, and the players who provide the service can establish exactly how he wants the ball delivered.

Agreed and a great post

Craig Herbertson

Spot on post. Webster gives himself time on the ball by his reading of the game. It was a great team effort with a number of players vying for top dog and for me Webster just stole it.

south morocco

time to give the big guy a break and let go ,played well today and gets my vote ,he has made me happy ,

winston churchill

:thumbsup: someone who actually watched what was happening, exactly what I said on another post, he'll guide young guys like Gowser just like Elvis did for him

Funny how that freak Garry Kenneths game has went down the pan without Mr Webster ;).

did he not play for scotland when Mr Webster took him under his wing.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBER SIX :lol:

Archived