Webster - strolled it (Merged Threads)

Heres Rixxy

winston churchill

Webster is playing extremely well just now and is probably the best centre back in the country.

I am sure that i posted months ago.

He was the only player in our squad good enough to play for scotland.

Great performance from Andy Webster.

And I loved him kissing the badge when he scored.

He did more during the game than the whole hobo team put together did in 90 minutes.

Well done to all the Hearts players and management staff today.

Punks No Deid

Andy Webster was MOTM today by a feckin mile and a bit. Those saying Ian Black would have been right if the game had stopped just before the penalty was awarded, but from the moment he missed the penalty until the end Black offered very little else in the game.

It was Webster's header which created Ryan's goal (although he virtually told Ryan exactly where to be as he seemed to know he was going to win the corner), in fact it was noticeable on Wednesday he also talked Darren Barr and Ryan through the whole game, constantly keeping them in a tight line formation when we were playing against that second half gale. As well as playing top level himself he is helping others in the back line.

He then scored a superb second, and defended well throughout (the only mistake I can remember him making was a loose pass which went out for a thrown in, during the early minutes of the second half, when the whole team seemed to go to sleep).

Big mention for John Sutton as well, did very well to set up both the 2nd and 3rd goals and he is a player who I still think could hit the heights at Tynecastle if given a prolonged run in the side, and the players who provide the service can establish exactly how he wants the ball delivered.

spot on PJ1 about both Webster and Sutton :thumbsup:

Knob-end (note the spelling) here. :thumbsup:

As I posted on the match thread, I will still be happy when he leaves the club. While he plays, I want him to do as well as possible and was delighted with his performance.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Who would you replace him with? Hope this helps provoke a little thought in that tiny noggin.

Cannae be bothered with the woe is me fans who make out as if Webster personally shafted them.

Yes, it wasn`t a class move by him in regards to how he left the club but in the end football is a cynical world when it comes to money. Clubs would shaft players as much as players would shaft them given the chance.

At the moment the players are/have been shafted(sort of) over their wages but they are getting on with the job and giving us commitment in droves...

Webster hasn`t moaned like one or two others and been outstanding.

All provoking of thoughts aside Andy Webster was fantastic today, he would've been head and shoulders above everybody else on the park but for Ian Black's best game yet in a Hearts jersey, as it stands Webby still edged it. That anybody would offer up anything other than gratitude to the Hearts side today given what's going on at Tynecastle defies belief. I for one enjoyed the game hugely and thank every player in maroon this afternoon, they showed a lot of professional pride and put a smile on this grumpy *******'s puss.

it has to be said that bringing back webster was a master stroke. i didn't want it but, as football fans, we don't always get it right. he's half of the best CH pairing in the league... by a long way.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff, as per;

:Vlad-Stupid:

I struggle to believe you are over 14 at times.

Thankfully you live on the other side of the world and your just an onlooker. A forum dweller. Someone who isn't a supporter of this great club.

:verysmug:

As such, your views are about as interesting and as welcome as AIDS.

:laugh:

Morning Sten, a little hungover and I have workmen coming round but your seethe has cheered me up no end.

I'm not getting into yet another Webster debate and if I am down to a minority of one, so be it. The fact is that in 2006, his behaviour cost us upwards of ?3M, despite HMFC doing nothing wrong.

Now, you can argue, if you wish, that scoring against the vermin wipes out that debt. I personally don't see it that way. If scoring important goals is the panacea for all ills, there is hope yet for Craig Thomson apparently.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who would you replace him with? Hope this helps provoke a little thought in that tiny noggin.

It's quite possible he will be one of the firesale casualties so we might have no option but to replace him.

In that instance, I would move Gowser to centre half.

Fermit the Krog

Webster played very well today but to name him as MOM above Ian Black is ridiculous and agenda soaked.

south morocco

Webster played very well today but to name him as MOM above Ian Black is ridiculous and agenda soaked.

My agenda says webster set up one and realistically scored the winner bar a piece of rudi quality,thought black played well ,kept his discipline ,even after a poor penalty but overall webster had more impact on the outcome ,so for that reason , he is my man of the match, well done webster

Fermit the Krog

My agenda says webster set up one and realistically scored the winner bar a piece of rudi quality,thought black played well ,kept his discipline ,even after a poor penalty but overall webster had more impact on the outcome ,so for that reason , he is my man of the match, well done webster

Ian Black was the best player on the park today by a country mile.

south morocco

Ian Black was the best player on the park today by a country mile.

fair enough crazy, its all about opinions , i thought webster was by far the best player on the park today but there you go , at least we won :thumbsup:

Fermit the Krog

fair enough crazy, its all about opinions , i thought webster was by far the best player on the park today but there you go , at least we won :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

scott herbertson

I really dislike what webster did way back then and I won't forget it. However I would agree best player on the park today, closely followed by Black (and then closely by Gowser).

Webster has been worth about 10 points to us this season IMHO - hhe is probably the player we need to hang on to most..

south morocco

I really dislike what webster did way back then and I won't forget it. However I would agree best player on the park today, closely followed by Black (and then closely by Gowser).

Webster has been worth about 10 points to us this season IMHO - hhe is probably the player we need to hang on to most..

i know ,and agree ,purely on footballing terms he was easily the best player on show today ,delighted for him when he got the goal

Webster played very well today - and whatever you think about what he did last time around - there can be no argument that on the pitch he is a massive asset for the team.

Big andy seen what was coming imo.

"I love the jambos,but I need to go earn some cash at Wigan and der hun, before one day returning and playing for the famous for free"

Total legend ...

Probably an inferior player. But that isn't my point in any case.

Anyway, I am delighted he scored and we won, but his wrong can never be atoned for in my view.

Complete baws, Webster, Hearts no,6, best player on the park today. And his "wrong" was not without reason.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Complete baws, Webster, Hearts no,6, best player on the park today. And his "wrong" was not without reason.

Eh?

Please explain.

Offered a bumper contract in line with Craig Gordon. Rejected it so he lost his place. Tried to invoke an obscure rule to leave. Didn't actually meet the criteria of the rule but still got to action it anyway.

Sure, he had every reason. :rolleyes:

But hey, we live in the now so it's all good...

i wish jj was my dad

Outstanding performance by the big no.6.

He might not be as mobile or aggressive as he was in 2005/06 but he is without doubt the best central defender in the SPL today.

well done big stuff. i hope you partner Christoph Berra on the road to Brazil. :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

No.6 does well against Rat FC, but then who doesn't?

Which is why I had him down to score.. I am king. :)

We are skint and funding withdrawn.

Webster is reportedly on ?2.6k pw and Zal 12.

Fortunately we are now down to a small number of people who want Webster out to the detriment of the club.

PS Zal has been outstanding as well for a few games - but we simply cannot afford him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fortunately we are now down to a small number of people who want Webster out to the detriment of the club.

PS Zal has been outstanding as well for a few games - but we simply cannot afford him.

Do you notice people actively calling for him to leave?

I have simply said that when he leaves I will be happy because his previous actions mean, in my view, he shouldn't have been re-signed.

Gregory House M.D.

Zal isn't on above 5 i've heard :unsure:

winston churchill

Just think.

If he never had two or three clangers a match.He could play in the EPL ;)

Yeah ok.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Great performance again.

Still a ****** though.

This. His finish for the goal was tremendous, taken like a striker.

Still a ****** though.

Andy Webster was MOTM today by a feckin mile and a bit. Those saying Ian Black would have been right if the game had stopped just before the penalty was awarded, but from the moment he missed the penalty until the end Black offered very little else in the game.

It was Webster's header which created Ryan's goal (although he virtually told Ryan exactly where to be as he seemed to know he was going to win the corner), in fact it was noticeable on Wednesday he also talked Darren Barr and Ryan through the whole game, constantly keeping them in a tight line formation when we were playing against that second half gale. As well as playing top level himself he is helping others in the back line.

He then scored a superb second, and defended well throughout (the only mistake I can remember him making was a loose pass which went out for a thrown in, during the early minutes of the second half, when the whole team seemed to go to sleep).

Big mention for John Sutton as well, did very well to set up both the 2nd and 3rd goals and he is a player who I still think could hit the heights at Tynecastle if given a prolonged run in the side, and the players who provide the service can establish exactly how he wants the ball delivered.

Agree with all of this apart from the bit about Black doing nothing after his missed penalty. Stack pulled off a great save from his dipping shot and the ball he played through for Driver's miss was fantastic.

Gregory House M.D.

Am I the only one who thought Webster looked very poor at judging the balls flight all game :unsure:

Outwith that he was good but nowhere near my MOTM

Ian Black beat him by the length of Gorgie Road

I thought he had his hands full with Griffiths, and his picking up of a rare (for him) yellow card reflected that. He kept at it, kept cool, and did great work in the Hibs box, (where the MOM came from really).

He's got a good head on his shoulders, and I'm crediting him with the reduction in bombscare moments from big Zal, (though note Zal didn't just give away a chance this time, he went the whole hog and buried his og.....)

Archived