Stuart Adamson Day 11/04/08

Eggo

Never saw BC, but saw the Skids 3 times, the most memorable being at the now defunct Tiffanys.

SA appeared in the Baillie beforehand for a few beers and my claim to fame was being in a position to wish him well for the gig that night.

A great live band. A fantastic performer.

Never saw BC, but saw the Skids 3 times, the most memorable being at the now defunct Tiffanys.

SA appeared in the Baillie beforehand for a few beers and my claim to fame was being in a position to wish him well for the gig that night.

A great live band. A fantastic performer.

Where was Tiffanys again?

Stockbridge-ish

Thats where we went over in the compulsory Transit...me,Pano[manager],Clive[head roadie],Andy[pars fan],Gus and Derek Gibson and of course The Band[skids],on a thursday night and had a great night.On the way home we started belting out soapstars of that eras names..and Stuart and Jobby put it together as a daft wee tune.They recorded it live after that at the Marquee in London...the song??? TV Stars!

"Albert Tatlock" [skids fans know where im coming from];)

Best Album then - The Crossing or The Seer? :)

The Crossing, hands down...

"Give us iron, Give us rope..." (Porrohman)

I loved Big Country, think we saw them about 20 times or so. Some great gigs, upstairs at Sinkys in Dunfermline, outdoor gig at the back of Perth City Hall, in a tent at the free Heinken Festival at Roundhay Park in Leeds and another free gig at the opening of Brannigans in Dundee. We drove thru from Perth and the bouncer wouldn't let me in as I was wearing trainers( it was a Tuesday night (!)) so quick trip back to Perth for a super-quick wardrobe change and back to Dundee in time for the gig

The Crossing, hands down...

"Give us iron, Give us rope..." (Porrohman)

I loved Big Country, think we saw them about 20 times or so. Some great gigs, upstairs at Sinkys in Dunfermline, outdoor gig at the back of Perth City Hall, in a tent at the free Heinken Festival at Roundhay Park in Leeds and another free gig at the opening of Brannigans in Dundee. We drove thru from Perth and the bouncer wouldn't let me in as I was wearing trainers( it was a Tuesday night (!)) so quick trip back to Perth for a super-quick wardrobe change and back to Dundee in time for the gig

Paul,

July 5th in Sinkys[now called something else] The Skids/Big Country are getting together for a charity night....If you fancy it be quick!

DIdn't get into the Skids much ( I just missed the punk thing. ;) ) but I though Big Country were an excellent band. Heard some Big Country music blasting out of a pub up Fountainbridge as a I walked past it last night. I must get some on to my Ipod!! :)

Were you in a coma for a couple of years.:)

davemclaren
Were you in a coma for a couple of years.:)

Nah, I was more into other music as I played in a band that did covers of Free, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Eagles, Bad Company, Neil Young etc... at that time. The closest I came to 'punk' was doing a gig in a pub in Loanhead with 'Matt Vinyl and the Decorators'. :cool:

Nah, I was more into other music as I played in a band that did covers of Free, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Eagles, Bad Company, Neil Young etc... at that time. The closest I came to 'punk' was doing a gig in a pub in Loanhead with 'Matt Vinyl and the Decorators'. :cool:

MV and the Decorators were by amasing coincidence backing the Skids at the Tiffanys gig Ive just mentioned....small world:eek:

gillie chris

I was shown the tribute service book of Stuart in the Bronze Bar Magaluf by his mate Bobby Drummond the tears were in my eyes and i was moved reading the words by his friends.

His music still gets blasted from the car daily

Now there's a band that is vastly underated.Just watched their dvd last night.Top notch stuff.A lot more to them than Alright Now.Shame P Rodgers went and spoiled every good memory by joining crappy Queen.:mad:

I P Knightley
Just heard that members of the Skids/Big Country will be playing an acoustic set in Tappies in Dunfermline tonight:)

Who played?

What did they play?

How good was it?

Paul,

July 5th in Sinkys[now called something else] The Skids/Big Country are getting together for a charity night....If you fancy it be quick!

Cheers Eggo, that sounds like a belting night...i'll call up the boys!!

I was shown the tribute service book of Stuart in the Bronze Bar Magaluf by his mate Bobby Drummond the tears were in my eyes and i was moved reading the words by his friends.

His music still gets blasted from the car daily

How is Bobby and Janet?

Bronze Bar....the best football pub in Spain:)

gillie chris
How is Bobby and Janet?

Bronze Bar....the best football pub in Spain:)

They are both doing well they now own the pub outright and i think they have refurbished it. Im over in May so i will have to sweet talk Janet into letting Bobby out for a week.

They are both doing well they now own the pub outright and i think they have refurbished it. Im over in May so i will have to sweet talk Janet into letting Bobby out for a week.

Tell them im asking for them.

Thats where we went over in the compulsory Transit...me,Pano[manager],Clive[head roadie],Andy[pars fan],Gus and Derek Gibson and of course The Band[skids],on a thursday night and had a great night.On the way home we started belting out soapstars of that eras names..and Stuart and Jobby put it together as a daft wee tune.They recorded it live after that at the Marquee in London...the song??? TV Stars!

"Albert Tatlock" [skids fans know where im coming from];)

One of the best songs ever written.

2007 version:-

RL="http://

"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7647wu7WD5w[/url]

On of the best songs ever written.

I have it on the B side of Into The Valley, picture cover as well.

One of the best songs ever written.

Your not wrong there:)

Glamorgan Jambo
A coupla older mates went to a gig at, I kid you not, Stewarts Melville school, way back, prob '77. You may've been at that one mate!

I'll admit being at that gig. One of the best concerts I ever went to.. small room, huge noise etc .. and one of my first concerts. They were supported by a band called The Delinquents I'm sure.

After that I saw the Skids and Big Country 3 or 4 times over the next 10 years and they were always fantastic live -- giving great value to their fans each time. The final time I saw them they were supporting David Bowie on one of his stadium tours and as far as I was concerned they were miles better than the main act.

I only saw the thread today as I've been away for a few days but i'll raise a wee glass tonight and stick Scared to Dance in the car CD tomorrow.

I'll admit being at that gig. One of the best concerts I ever went to.. small room, huge noise etc .. and one of my first concerts. They were supported by a band called The Delinquents I'm sure.

After that I saw the Skids and Big Country 3 or 4 times over the next 10 years and they were always fantastic live -- giving great value to their fans each time. The final time I saw them they were supporting David Bowie on one of his stadium tours and as far as I was concerned they were miles better than the main act.

I only saw the thread today as I've been away for a few days but i'll raise a wee glass tonight and stick Scared to Dance in the car CD tomorrow.

The Delinquents ring a bell,what year was this?

Terrible Trio
[cinderella rockefellers

they done 2 shows (think it was mentioned above was tiffanys), a matinee show for the "kids" and then a later one

I was at the matinee show :rolleyes:

here's a ticket from an earlier Odeon gig

3466r7c.jpg

davemclaren
they done 2 shows (think it was mentioned above was tiffanys), a matinee show for the "kids" and then a later one

I was at the matinee show :rolleyes:

here's a ticket from an earlier Odeon gig

3466r7c.jpg

You are some collector. Have you seen a therapist? :cool_shades:

You are some collector. Have you seen a therapist? :cool_shades:

Ahemm, have you mentioned somebody in a thread, prior to them posting?

Terrible Trio

the Buzzcocks (top left) was the one Joy Division supported them at

Front Row, middle of the stalls - only had to queue for about 30 minutes as well

20l0cw1.jpg

the general

small world that it is his son worked in Cruise in George Street for a while-lovely quiet guy but told some great stories about his childhood once he knew you

small world that it is his son worked in Cruise in George Street for a while-lovely quiet guy but told some great stories about his childhood once he knew you

Callum is a fine young man.Takes after his Dad.

Archived