Hearts DVD Slideshow Thread 2

Shaggy2

Good morning fellow Jambos.

I've had a great response to my previous thread - http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/103307-hearts-dvd-slide-show/ - and, I'm glad to say, every bit of feedback I have had has been extremely positive.

The reason I'm on today, as if you could not guess from title, is to gauge what sort of interest there may be if I was to stand in the vicinity of Tynecastle and sell these.

I realise people may have read the thread and thought it looks like something you'd enjoy but you don't want to buy it over the internet and have bank details, home address etc flying about the web. Maybe you've had difficulties buying things online previously. Of course if you simply missed the first thread, everything in it still applies if you'd rather I posted it to you.

If you would buy one of these at the match to save the online hassle I'd be grateful you would register your interest here and I will run some off for sale/pick up on Saturday.

To save carrying pockets full of coins they would be ?5 each or if you and a couple of mates want one I'll do 3 for ?10. If there is sufficient interest (I'd be delighted with the sale of around 30 DVDs) I will position myself on the corner of Gorgie Road/McLeod Street opposite the Tynecastle Arms.

Again I'm hoping the mods do me a huge favour here. I fully accept this is a second thread regarding these but I thought if I asked this question at the end of my first thread then people might not even open it, possibly having visited before. Thanks in advance for that mods. :whistling:

I look forward to hearing from you... :smiliz19:

Any questions to - [email protected]

Thanks.

Diadora Van Basten

I think that's a good idea but how are you going to let people know that you have a really good product.

I would approach the club shop as they have the ability to market the product properly.

I think that's a good idea but how are you going to let people know that you have a really good product.

I would approach the club shop as they have the ability to market the product properly.

There is a trailer of the DVD on YouTube giving a glimpse of what you can expect. There are one or two posters' comments on the previous thread (and on the Black and White to Colour photos thread) which you can read - as I said, all positive.

Surely it would have to be taken to a professional production company for the purposes of editing, packaging etc? It was all done in my spare time (a considerable amount I hasten to add) and I've got to be honest and say that I don't believe it would make enough money to interest the club although if those people who have seen it were to tell me otherwise it's something I would have to consider. I was just going to sell it like the guys sell fanzines and thanks to the generosity of the mods, let people know about it on here.

Hi Gordon, will catch you about 12.30 please keep one aside for me cheers.

Noted!!! Will let you ken if it's the sales pitch or the Ardmillan. :thumbsup:

I'd take one off your hands mate.

I just try and avoid Paypal like the plague since my father-in-law got his bank account emptied because of it.

I'd take one off your hands mate.

I just try and avoid Paypal like the plague since my father-in-law got his bank account emptied because of it.

Nice one. Just a few more notes of interest and we're in business. :thumbsup:

RudiMustScore

You'll have to sell incognito as you require a licence to sell anything on public access from the cooncil :thumbsup:

You'll have to sell incognito as you require a licence to sell anything on public access from the cooncil :thumbsup:

This realisation is slowly dawning on me. Damn my naivety, I'm clearly no salesman!

This is a complete one off, i will not be posting on here again regarding selling the DVD or listing it on eBay but it looks like openly standing on Gorgie Road is out of the question as it would be just my luck to be huckled in my one and only attempt at selling anything. However, I'm hoping there may be a way round this.

Does anyone know if it would be legal for me to arrange to meet specific people at a prearranged pick up point (ie the pub) as long as I'm not openly walking around with discs in the air? If this is the case then I'd welcome email interest and I'll come to you. Surely no different from getting the Royal Mail to deliver my eBay listing?

I'm not interested in breaking any laws or even making shed loads of money. So far the amount I've made from the DVD has almost covered the cost of the negative scanner I had to purchase to undertake the project.

For anyone concerned with copyright to these photos...The photographs belonged to Bert Renton and upon his death became mine so there is no problem with copyright as regards these photos. I consider myself very fortunate in this regard (major understatement) and Bert made me promise I would not attempt to make money by printing them off and selling them as prints. He was aware of the DVD project in order to recoup the cost of my scanner although unfortunately he never saw the end result. He did see my initial attempt at 1985/86 and I think he enjoyed it.

Just had an email with more positive feedback. Cheezin! :smiliz19:

If you're interested send an email and I'll find out where you'll be pre-match on Saturday.

It is superb. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Thanks Davy. Can't tell you how pleased I am that people are enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Pleasure to meet a couple of posters' yesterday. Hope you enjoy the DVD...

Helps that the current team put us all in a right good mood yesterday. :thumbsup:

Archived