Hearts DVD Slide Show

Shaggy2

Good Friday afternoon to one and all.

Three and a half years ago I was given a box of old negatives in various states of disrepair by Bert Renton of Prestonpans Hearts SC. The negs were of Hearts matches from 1980-1988. Sadly Bert is no longer with us but I'm pleased to say that as a tribute I've compiled a fantastic (in my opinion) DVD slide show of all the pictures I was able to save. I'd have loved to see Bert's reaction to his work in this format and I hope it's a fitting tribute to a Hearts supporting legend.

As the sub-heading states there are over 2,000 photos taken from 144 matches. They range from visiting a very sparse Hampden on LEAGUE duty to the magnificent unbeaten run of 1985/86 - a run which was almost entirely missed by the TV cameras due to industrial action taken during that season. I have photos from 32 of the 36 league matches from that season which will help bring back memories of an amazing Jambo adventure, missed by TV.

A few of you have already seen some of my work on YouTube -

- and, I hope, enjoyed. The DVD is 2hrs 28mins long and is I think, a bit better quality than the YouTube footage. It also has most of our humpings of Hibs including a beautiful shot of Robbo curling home his first ever Premier Division goal against them in that unforgettable first derby of 1983/84 and the subsequent celebrations.

This, I must say, is not sold as an ideal stocking filler (although with a little effort you could make it so) as the packaging will be basic and some of the photos as stated previously, have come from negatives which were not in the best shape (although at least 95% of the pics are in excellent condition) but it most definitely is a great way to spend a bit of your time off at Christmas/New Year. If you lived through it, you'll love it, if it's before your time watch with your old man, or even your Grandad and they'll keep you right!

I defy ANY Jambo, whatever your age, not to enjoy this trip into the not too distant past.

I believe that this DVD will be of sufficient interest to Hearts fans for it to merit a place in The Terrace. I hope the mods agree and do not bomb it into Goods For Sale or Wanted where people glance once a month. I am looking for ?5 per DVD which, after burning, packing and posting will leave me with enough for a beer which I'm sure you'll agree is well earned after two years of hard, though very enjoyable work which took up a lot of my spare time. As a result I'm begging for some fellow Jambo integrity and ask that you do not copy and sell on. The photos belong to me and I ask that you respect that. If you want extra copies I will ask for ?5 for the first copy and ?1.50 for any additional copies posted at the same time (ie 2 discs are ?6.50, 3 for ?8 and so on...).

In order to register your interest or to ask any questions please e-mail me at [email protected]

I'm guessing more than 10 will be interested and that will fill my PM box!

Enjoy your weekend... :thumbsup:

Its a shame it finishes in 1988. I was a mascot in 89 and would love to see some different photos.

Unfortunately Bert never enjoyed the best of health and had to jack it in, which (between that and lost negatives) is why there are only 144 games over 9 seasons. A lot of his pics were used in the programme's of the day.

22 ordered which is very pleasing and still plenty left... :thumbsup:

If you prefer you can go straight to Paypal using [email protected] to make payment. That way i get your delivery address immediately and from the amount you deposit I'll know how many to send.

Thanks.

Shaggy, any way I can get a copy of your original scans? I assume they are in JPG format?

I'll even take any dodgy ones. I do quite a lot of work in Lightroom and wouldn't mind having a go at re-touching some of them.

Shaggy, I'm in Orlando so need to know if that will play on a region 1 USA dvd player, or would I need to get that converted?

Shaggy, any way I can get a copy of your original scans? I assume they are in JPG format?

I'll even take any dodgy ones. I do quite a lot of work in Lightroom and wouldn't mind having a go at re-touching some of them.

Hi Marty, i appreciate the offer but I'm afraid I won't be able to do that. I don't want to go down the road of sharing the original photos. If I were to do so it would cost you or any purchaser a fortune!!!

I'm sure the last time I played Football Aid it was ?75 for a CD of all the photos taken and ?15 per print. I wouldn't charge as much per print but as I've stated, there are over 2,000 pics of Hearts matches so a CD of them all would be worth many times that ?75 due to a much higher level of interest than there would be from 22 amateur players in a charity match. However as I've said, it's not a path I wish to take.

By doing the DVD I think I've created an affordable way for fans to share every photo I have. If you have a particular favourite(s) from the DVD (for instance, if you are actually in the photo) then we may be able to come to some arrangement to get the picture to you, probably by email.

Cheers.

Shaggy, I'm in Orlando so need to know if that will play on a region 1 USA dvd player, or would I need to get that converted?

Er, I've got to be honest and say I don't know!

I'd imagine it will play on your PC with no problems though.

Hi folks, just issued an email update to all who expressed an interest.

A couple of folk emailed asking whether I'd be attending the Dunfermline game in order to purchase one in the pub rather than go through the paypal/Royal Mail channels.

Unfortunately I am working at 5pm next Saturday but if there was sufficient interest I'd definitely make the effort to run a few off in time for the Motherwell match and distribute them at, or near to the TSB behind the Gorgie Stand from 12.15pm - kick off.

I'd be looking for around 30 notes of definite interest to make it worthwhile to stand out in the cold!!!

If you prefer this and are interested send an email to [email protected]

Thank you very much to the mods who allowed this to run without relegating it from The Terrace. I'll post an update prior to the Motherwell match but for now, I'm probably pushing my luck bumping this.

Thank you and good night. :thumbsup:

Er, I've got to be honest and say I don't know!

I'd imagine it will play on your PC with no problems though.

Buy it and if it does not work i will make R1 for you.

With Shaggy's permission of course :whistling:

Buy it and if it does not work i will make R1 for you.

With Shaggy's permission of course :whistling:

Cheers for that, HB

No problem with that at all. :thumbsup:

First dozen sent out this morning (those purchased on Friday and Saturday morning). Next 20 will be out on Wednesday.

Keep the orders coming........

Got your order today. Thanks.

Just tried to order again through Ebay, but Ebay are experiencing some kind of "technical difficulty" :smiliz46:

Just tried to order again through Ebay, but Ebay are experiencing some kind of "technical difficulty" :smiliz46:

You can just go straight to Paypal and send to [email protected]

That way eBay doesn't get their ten percent!

I've just ordered one too mac, I can burn you a region 1 version if necessary :)

Every disc that has been paid for has been sent out now. Thank you very much.

Feel free to let everyone on here know how good they are. :smiliz19:

Best ?5 i've spent in a while.From what i have seen so far well done and i'm well pleased.

Also nice touch having the match programme before the game photographs. :thumbsup:

Best ?5 i've spent in a while.From what i have seen so far well done and i'm well pleased.

Also nice touch having the match programme before the game photographs. :thumbsup:

Excellent. :thumbsup:

Done the progs the lazy way. Probably have most of them but have to thank London Hearts website for saving me a lot of bother!!!

Totally agree. Really nostalgic seeing the old grounds of the league the way they used to be again, particularly from the mid to late 80s when our travelling support was packed into those terracings. Great work Shaggy2!

Totally agree. Really nostalgic seeing the old grounds of the league the way they used to be again, particularly from the mid to late 80s when our travelling support was packed into those terracings. Great work Shaggy2!

Delighted to be of service. It took a fair bit of work and I shudder to think what would have happened to those negatives if Bert had passed away while they were still in a cardboard box in his spare room. I'm glad I could share them and make sure Bert's legacy lives on. I hope he's up there happy in the knowledge that his pics are being enjoyed once more. :thumbsup:

The ebay link says the listing has ended, got any more available mate?

As many as you like!!!

If you use Paypal you can send dosh to [email protected] and I'll get the delivery address from that.

If you don't use Paypal send me an email at the above address and i'll send you my address.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered one too mac, I can burn you a region 1 version if necessary :)

Rab, sorry to be a pain in the neck, but would you do a region 1 version for me? Got mine today, only plays for about a second of the Hearts song intro, then nothing - trying to play it with the MS DVD player option, still nothing :(

Rab, sorry to be a pain in the neck, but would you do a region 1 version for me? Got mine today, only plays for about a second of the Hearts song intro, then nothing - trying to play it with the MS DVD player option, still nothing :(

I'm gutted to hear that Mac. If Rab can't help (hopefully he will as he sounds more PC literate than me) let me know and I'll go a googling to see if there is a way I can help...I aim for 100% satisfaction! :thumbsup:

Archived