Lager cans with semi naked ladies on

Craigieboy

Pete Seeger

Likewise. Were they not the original tennants? Bring back those days. Although they would be deemed sexist i suppose

chester copperpot

I loved Heather on the cans more than people from my own family.

Hey, I was young, dumb, and 12 years old.

I'm looking at my can of Tennents & I am only seeing a big red 'T'.

T is for .........

LOL.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I was at a party thru near Motherwell one night and the guy who's party it was, was married to one of the birds off the can's

Classy bit of stuff she was (till she opened her gob) Her old man was minted (used to own all the Jeansters in Scotland)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Not forgetting this retro beauty....

18400.jpg

Bottle of that in a pint glass topped up with 70 shilling

Taste sensation

Not forgetting this retro beauty....

18400.jpg

Bottle of that in a pint glass topped up with 70 shilling

Taste sensation

My dad & his brother used to order it with IPA up the Orwell.

A black & tan.

Lovely & good for you.

PsychocAndy

I seen Linda the other day. She popped into the Tattooists i was in to ask directions. Still better looking now than on her beer mat.

It was always Natalie for me, my early (legal) drinking days!

1220Natalie.jpg

Bring back the lager lovelies!

It's so weird, since they stopped them in 1991 we've become, as a society, more permissive, more sexualised, glamour models are revered (even seen as role models!), we're sexually more liberal than ever and yet, strangely, more prudish. Has removing the lager lovelies from cans of Tennents empowered women?

Im sure Alan Rough's ex wife Michelle was on them as well

You're right.

Sadly, those classic cans were killed off by the fledgling PC brigade in one of the earliest examples of how they would go on to blight our everyday lives. :mad:

You're right.

Sadly, those classic cans were killed off by the fledgling PC brigade in one of the earliest examples of how they would go on to blight our everyday lives. :mad:

Yeah but, there's less women raped now isn't there?

Women are revered and respected nowadays, not like in the 1980's when they were objectified and treated as second class citizens.

Removing the ladies with clothes on from the back of beer cans was definitely a good thing and made all the difference.

(I don't see women as sex objects at all and any posting that I may have done in the celebrity hotties thread was not me, it was someone else and they're not sex objects anyway, they're sexy objects and they're not even objects they're just hot babes, sorry, autonomous and empowered women who can take their clothes off for money if they like, it's their body, they can do whatever they want with it, I'm just allowed to look. AS LONG AS I DON'T TOUCH.)

Women are revered and respected nowadays, not like in the 1980's when they were objectified and treated as second class citizens.

Removing the ladies with clothes on from the back of beer cans was definitely a good thing and made all the difference.

(I don't see women as sex objects at all and any posting that I may have done in the celebrity hotties thread was not me, it was someone else and they're not sex objects anyway, they're sexy objects and they're not even objects they're just hot babes, sorry, autonomous and empowered women who can take their clothes off for money if they like, it's their body, they can do whatever they want with it, I'm just allowed to look. AS LONG AS I DON'T TOUCH.)

Yeah, that too. ;)

Guest S.U.S.S.

I doubt that is correct.

Archived