Can i use 3 mobile internet usb with PS3?

andrewjambo

andrewjambo

I've just bought 3 mobile plug and play broadband usb modem to play online with my PS3?

Should i plug it into PS3 usb slot?

TBH even if it does work, you would onl be able to surf as it doesn't have enough speed to play games.

TBH even if it does work, you would onl be able to surf as it doesn't have enough speed to play games.

You only need 1meg to play online or is it even slower than that.

jack D and coke

If it does work and i've no clue whether it will or not then just don't host any online games and you should be fine. If your connection isn't the fastest then it slows everybody's else's up and you get loads of lag.

andrewjambo

Despite the salesmans promise of 2.5meg i can only get 0.5meg speed at best despite being in one of the 'super fast' connection area. Which is fine for a bit of surfing but i haven't played resistance online in 4 weeks. If i need 1meg to play online that answers my question and i'll not bother trying the plug-in modem with my PS3. Thanks.

andrewjambo

incidentally my PS3 id is: jambo78 if any of you want a game once talk talk fix my landline broadband connection

BoJack Horseman

I'm sure those things have pretty low usage caps. So even if you did manage to get it to work, you'd get about 10 minutes worth of gaming before you'd be knackered for the month.

andrewjambo

i get 7mb per month which 3 say is equivalent to:

200hrs web surfing

plus 4500 emails

plus 400 downloaded music tracks

plus 200 downloaded videos

i get 7mb per month which 3 say is equivalent to:

200hrs web surfing

plus 4500 emails

plus 400 downloaded music tracks

plus 200 downloaded videos

and 15 minutes off call of duty online,

If it doesnt work on your PS3, plug it into your laptop, or pc, and share you internet connection. Then plug an ethernet cable from your PC to the PS3 (your PC in effect acts as a router like this) and voila! (That is, unless 3 have not blocked the ports the the PS3 uses to play online)

If it doesnt work on your PS3, plug it into your laptop, or pc, and share you internet connection. Then plug an ethernet cable from your PC to the PS3 (your PC in effect acts as a router like this) and voila! (That is, unless 3 have not blocked the ports the the PS3 uses to play online)

That's what I do with my xbox.

I don't have the wireless adapter for the 360 so just plugged my laptop into it and away I go!

Archived