Andy Driver back in contention (merged threads)

DougieHMFC

Francis Albert

Waw,one thing,yup thats shown me.

Since your argument was that he supported everything Vlad had ever done, yes it has.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely a maybe here Dazo.

His dad's comments are completely contrary to Andy's statement today.

Calling Sergio a ****** and hearts a circus. Yes that is his opinion and a valid opinion shared by many on the board - but the point is it is not helpful to his son whatsoever. A bit silly really.

By the looks of it AD only had a wee bit of input to that statement.

Francis Albert

By the looks of it AD only had a wee bit of input to that statement.

I assume he agreed to it being made. Quite a significant input.

It is now pretty obvious Andy never knew what he was admitting to agreeing with when asked by Paulo.

The quotes in press he doesn't watch, read or speak with directly? Yes, we heard that bit too.

So he's simply a halfwit then? rolleyes.gif

Do you often admit to things you haven't done and confirm accuracy of things you haven't heard or read?

Suspect Device

Good of Paulo to climb down, gracious of Driver to accept the apology.

Look forward to seeing our number 11 flashing down the left on Saturday.

actualy think I'd rather see him on the pitch playing football, but everyone to their own :smiliz64:

Oh Rudi. :facepalm:

The digs at the media suggest to me some of it was ghost written as previously he was quite happy to talk to the media about all sorts.

Rudolf's Mate

was told by his agent that if tou refuse to play hearts dont have to pay you,and they still hold your contract,its a no brainer,make yourself available for selection or sit at home playing footie on your xbox with no pay.

Stop talking complete bull....

He's got a PS3!

Rudolf's Mate

His dad's comments are completely contrary to Andy's statement today.

Calling Sergio a ****** and hearts a circus. Yes that is his opinion and a valid opinion shared by many on the board - but the point is it is not helpful to his son whatsoever. A bit silly really.

That'll be the comments by the person claiming to be his old man?

I've read a couple of posts asking what sports his dad played. His reply was to say pro boxer, which he removed shortly after claiming however not quickly enough for someone to reply saying his real dad played another sport. His (dad or person claiming to be) next post was something along the lines of yes his father was. That suggested to me the the person claiming to be his old man actually wasn't.

My theory? Fisher messed up a bit, things got a little out of hand, both parties eventually realised that this would not work out for the best for either of them, talks were had and it was agreed in principle that they'd go with the misquote and continue with original plan to sell AD in January. Press statement released and here we are.

Now that he's back I don't really care about the nitty gritty anymore though. If the club are good with this and AD is good with this, then it would appear to be the best way forward. We get some ? for him, he gets his move. His relationship with the club (on the surface of it) will be fine, as will his rapport with the fans. Sensible decision imo.

Couldn't agree more Red. :thumb:

Sportsound ending themselves at the mess we are in, pointing out that the media mis-reporting of Drivers comments were comments taken from our own website.

You have to laugh.

Libertonhearts

Sportsound ending themselves at the mess we are in, pointing out that the media mis-reporting of Drivers comments were comments taken from our own website.

You have to laugh.

I would but it's just getting beyond a joke now.

alwaysthereinspirit

I really hope as a parting shot Romanov takes legal action against this T|T !

Legal action based on what?

Just for the record, Chuck Dung is an idiot.

I assume he means we should sue ourselves for our own incompetence. It's the only language we understand.

:sob:

I dont know i just hope he does, saying "It's not just Vlad who is Mad.. it's the whole darn club!" deserves a life time ban at the very least!

I know if i had anything to do with it, this cretin would not get through the door ever again :smiliz46:

Driver should be more careful as to who he allows his agent to talk to on his behalf.

His agent talking to The Sun & there reporting/understanding of the situation caused a major part of this sorry episode.

Driver should be more careful as to who he allows his agent to talk to on his behalf.

His agent talking to The Sun & there reporting/understanding of the situation caused a major part of this sorry episode.

Agreed. :thumb:

Also, if Frank on here actually is his Father (which I doubt) he should gag him as well. While it might even be true, your "dad" going online calling your boss "a ******", and your employers "a circus" probably isn't too helpful. :blink:

Where did this frank being Andy Driver's dad theory come from?

I recall when the poster first appeared it was commonly rumoured that it was Driver's old dear rather than old boy.

Where did this frank being Andy Driver's dad theory come from?

It came from Frank himself (I think?) although I don't personally believe it. :unsure:

In one of Frank's early posted he/she stated they knew something as a fact because they were Driver's mum. I have kept a close eye on the porter's contributions, as I bet others have, and do genuinely believe Frank to be his dad. Some of the answers are very odd but I think this is deliberate to allow some denial if necessary. If it is him he certainly does his son little favours with many of his posts.

In one of Frank's early posted he/she stated they knew something as a fact because they were Driver's mum.

...and now claims to have been a professional boxer, or rugby league player! :blink:

:D

How does chick young have his own blog on the bbc?

He does **** all else when there isn't a match on, so it's something to keep him busy I guess.

southside1874

How does chick young have his own blog on the bbc?

Because he never says a bad word about Celtic or Rangers and yet gets the rest of the Scottish football fan thinking Hearts are a laughing stock and Vlad is an idiot. A basic rule of divide and conquer, to create a common enemy while I rip the proverbial clean out of you. Aha.....look at mad vlad.....nothing to see here move along, look at mad vlad.

The mum/dad thing could easily be explained by sharing their user name. No idea about the boxer thing though. If it isn't his parents I think he has a stalker.

Everyone still think he's an arsehole then or has that all changed now?

I don't buy that it was down to a simple misunderstanding, but if Driver has backtracked and will play again, I'll support him. I think it's a shitty thing to do when the club is going through a tough time, whether it was just shit stirring from his agent or not. Time to move forward though.

Cardiac Rucksack

The sun and record reprted on the friday that andy didnt want to play for us again. paulo didnt speak till after the game on saturday.

i could be wrong though.

Everyone still think he's an arsehole then or has that all changed now?

I'll wait until he scores the last min winner on the 2nd before answering that, lol.

Drivers old man was complaing about how Jim Had him playing " I have watched him play since age of ten working him to hard " as driver runs about pitch waving at pals giving him some banter, frank ain't his old man but come on Andy give the best till you gert uyour move

Andrew Driver's father is called David IIRC. I am 100% certain of frankbroxup's identity.

Who is it then? If its not his old man, could it be Andy himself?

mahgrassyshoes

Andy Driver/Paulo Sergio* GTF

* Someone copy this post and delete as applicable when this episode is resolved.

I'm out.

Guess I won't need this then

:sob:

Hopefully we'll get to see Andy at his best for a short while before he leaves now.

jamboinglasgow

BBC are now saying that Driver has put in his transfer request and Hearts are happy for him to leave in January as they want to get him off the wage bill, and are even prepared to allow him to go on loan without a fee. Though Chris McLaughlin of the BBC understands that the quotes on the Hearts website yesterday are Drivers words, Driver thinks the words were twisted to suit the club.

So it seems the stumbling block before over a loan fee has been dropped, I imagine he will leave as soon as it turns January.

Driver in the (20-man) squad for tomorrow, according to the Scotsman.

I thought he had WALKED OUT ON THE CLUB?

Driver in the (20-man) squad for tomorrow, according to the Scotsman.

I thought he had WALKED OUT ON THE CLUB?

Who knows?

Archived