Time for fans to show solidarity with players?

Big Team

Gregory House M.D.

There's a brilliant Manchester United song that creates a good atmosphere (like it or not, every football songs copied from somewhere these days).

Here's my attempt at it:

They'll tell you of their floodlights, being first to wear the green,

They'll tell you how the Famous Five taught Brazils football team,

There's one thing they won't tell you though, which we know to be true,

They haven't won the big Cup since April 1902!

Tra La La La WE OWN THE CITY Tra la la la la la la la la la!

Tra la la la WE OWN THE CITY Tra la la la la la la la la la!

They'll claim the famous five were the greatest of their time,

The best set of footballers to run Hibs' forward line,

They'll tell you how the Famous five, they won three football leagues,

But everything they done with Five, The Jambo's beat wi Three!

I'll get my coat :lol:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

Just thought of a final verse. :lol:

Their Names were Jimmy Wardhaugh, Wullie Bauld and Alfie Conn,

Although no longer with us, their spirit still lives on,

They played along side Cumming, whose blood it ran maroon,

In the greatest ******* football team to ever grace the toon!

Quite proud of this one actually :D

Dont be stupid, as I'm sure you know, it's actually possible for them to be financially prudent, to have considerable money invested (savings) and not have access to ready cash....

Yeah I kinda of realised that after I wrote it. But then again, if you are in a career when you know you may have an extended spell without income (the end of a contract) it's probably best to construct your portfolio to have ready access to cash. Either way HMFC should still be meeting the contractual obligations of the players.

I got lost part way through this thread, apologies. I am sure this has been said, but my interpretation of Paulo Sergio's comments were that they wanted us to support them in the tradtitional (arf) way. I got that he wanted us to turn up in numbers and vocally support the team this weekend.

So I appreciate, that in these "times of austerity" (copyright red tops) and in the run up to Christmas, some won't be able to afford it, but I'd urge the "stay away" fans (if there are any) to heed the managers call and come along to the game.

The players deserve their money - this is not a post about how they should just suck it up and they're spoilt prima donnas. But if you think a whip round or bucket shaking for them is anything other than in horrific bad taste then you need to get things in perspective. If it comes to light that they've been evicted and are living destitute then i'd consider some sort of personal action, till then it's not anyone's job to make sure they get paid other than the club.

You are absolutely right, I think I'd have more sympathy for the players if they actually had the balls to report this to the SPL/SFA. They have chosen to keep this between themselves and the club, so I won't be giving anything to a collection tin

Whilst I underatand what the OP is trying to achieve I stopped having any kind of affinty with the players a long time.

Gone are the days when a player has geniune love for Hearts.

Personally I am looking forward to losing some of the deadwood we are carrying come the end of Jan - sorry but right now that's how I feel.

"Gone are the days when a player has geniune love for Hearts." Rudi??

Is it time for us to put differences of opinion over individual players to one side and show some solidarity with them as a group?

By all accounts they put in a real shift for the jersey yesterday in the face of this unacceptable situation with unpaid wages, so is it time to be united against the wee Lithuanian?

A banner, a minutes applause, donation of some cash?

Thoughts?

We need to make some kind of noise - fans of other football teams would be going nuts and demonstrating in some kind of way. We just sit back and let Vlad **** this club.

We need to make some kind of noise - fans of other football teams would be going nuts and demonstrating in some kind of way. We just sit back and let Vlad **** this club.

So what have you organised? :)

Gregory House M.D.

We all sing my delightful new song for 90 minutes.

:verysmug:

As I see it to not side with the players and do all that can be done to show this support is to side with Romanov.

Romanov - who has confirmed his disinterest in us, has cut off money although he still has plenty going around elsewhere, who clearly has a complete disregard for the clubs and it's fans.

Any remaining fan of Romanov is clearly no fan of hearts.

As much player focussed support is obvious. But to be honest, useless as it is in so far as that cretin is concerned, some sustained and continuous 'romanov GTF' chants whilst having no impact on him will resonate with the players and possibly indicate that some fans still have some sort of spine and that we no the difference in basics between right and wrong.

The fans need to get together and organise something.

Vlad won't care less but at least he will know the fans are disgusted with the current crisis.

The fans need to get together and organise something.

Vlad won't care less but at least he will know the fans are disgusted with the current crisis.

Lurch-addams-family-6160640-456-480.gif

Time to resurect that fine Simon & Garfunkel number that was used for the pieman,obv with a name change?

Is it time for us to put differences of opinion over individual players to one side and show some solidarity with them as a group?

By all accounts they put in a real shift for the jersey yesterday in the face of this unacceptable situation with unpaid wages, so is it time to be united against the wee Lithuanian?

A banner, a minutes applause, donation of some cash?

Thoughts?

I think some kind of show of support/solidarity with the players is just what is needed at this time.

Not only would it show that the players have our backing, but it would also show those in charge, particularly Romanov that the fans are taking note of what he is doing to our club and that we still care.

This is not a debate about whether the players are good enough, or whether they deserve the salaries they are on, it is a matter of principle. Everyone who is employed deserves to be paid and the fact that this is not happening is appalling.

I'm an enternal optimistic and always try and see the rationale in what Vlad has done to date, but this is a step to far. However with limited response/criticism from fans with regards to any of Vlads actions, particularly his recent ones, he may well be of the opinion that he can do what he wants because the fans don't care.

A co-ordinated response from the masses who are the lifeblood of the club may just well see him sit up and take notice and if nothing else it may give the players a bit of a boost, as well as showing that the fans can unite behind a common cause and show those who put our club down that we care.

While its often difficult to detach the feelings of a poor performance or result from the bigger picture, it would be great if we could partake in some sort of action win, lose or draw.

I don't think cash collections or the odd banner will cause much attention, but what about a "sit in" after a game.

At the end of the game police and stewards are eager to shift the fans on, meaning any disgruntlement/message is lost. However if the majority of fans remained in their seats, singing and chanting for the players, it would create some attention and some inconvenience.

We could chant for the players to come back out and to applaud them for their continued effort under difficult circumstances.

Its a simple act, but would get the message across. However it needs to involve the majority of fans win/lose or draw.

Great reply Einstein!!

The problem with this board is that a lot of people post with the best of intentions and to gauge everyones opinion,. However the sensible posts get lost within the dribble of all the posters trying to be smart &rses!

The problem with this board is that a lot of people post with the best of intentions and to gauge everyones opinion,. However the sensible posts get lost within the dribble of all the posters trying to be smart &rses!

Or that there are several mouths on here screaming for some sort of action, yet willing to do the square root of **** all about it themselves.

Or that there are several mouths on here screaming for some sort of action, yet willing to do the square root of **** all about it themselves.

I think people are just looking to see what the general consensous is with regards to what the fans could do, if anything. I do hear anyone screaming...what do you suggest we do?

I think people are just looking to see what the general consensous is with regards to what the fans could do, if anything. I do hear anyone screaming...what do you suggest we do?

I really don't give a shiny shite what the folk on here do, frankly. A large proportion of them, to my mind, would struggle with velcro shoes in the morning and thus are unlikely to be able to make any kind of positive influence in any endeavor regarding the club's current situation.

Me? I'm going to sit back and watch it play out, as I'm fully aware that's the only real option available at this present time.

So which camp are you in? Do you think fans should do something? Do you feel like you can't influence the situation? Do you have an idea that will unite the supporters behind the team?

So which camp are you in? Do you think fans should do something? Do you feel like you can't influence the situation? Do you have an idea that will unite the supporters behind the team?

See above.

See above.

Looks like you spend all your time posting on here, 10,000 posts and not giving a shite and doing nothing is all you can offer? Was hoping for a bit more mate.

I think we as a club have pretty much hit rock bottom and I sincerely hope that we aren't all sitting here in a few months time having witnessed the death of the club wishing we had given a feck?

It may turn out to be futile, but I for one would feel better having done something.

For the record, I went to the save our Hearts rally and I gave what I could. As I told mates at the time, it wasnt a massive financial donation, but it had to start somewhere. It was about the collective, about creating momentum. Not saying that's the way forward this time, but just turning up to games doesnt feel like enough

Looks like you spend all your time posting on here, 10,000 posts and not giving a shite and doing nothing is all you can offer? Was hoping for a bit more mate.

I think we as a club have pretty much hit rock bottom and I sincerely hope that we aren't all sitting here in a few months time having witnessed the death of the club wishing we had given a feck?

It may turn out to be futile, but I for one would feel better having done something.

For the record, I went to the save our Hearts rally and I gave what I could. As I told mates at the time, it wasnt a massive financial donation, but it had to start somewhere. It was about the collective, about creating momentum. Not saying that's the way forward this time, but just turning up to games doesnt feel like enough

a - Half my time? Oh dear lord, I wish. Given I spend on average around 5 months of every year at "Her Modjesty's Pleasure", just think what my total could be.

b - I didn't say I didn't give a shite about the situation. I said I was sitting back and seeing what developed. There's a difference between apathy and consideration.

I'm really not sure how constant slavers on here of "Someone (i.e. not me) should do something" helps in any way, shape or form. In fact, I could perhaps put a case that it is indeed those kids who are the ones who don't give a shite, no.............?

Archived