Time for fans to show solidarity with players?

Big Team

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A collection bucket? Really?

That is an utter holocaust of an idea.

Nah, it's an excellent one.

I think we should have a bake sale too.

Turning out in numbers next week and encouraging other to go would help the team on the day and put a few bob in the wage fund.

As Pbtcal said earlier though, i have no real feelings for those who play nowadays, i only have feelings for the jersey and badge they are lucky enough to wear.

Don't want to turn this into a 'SuperFan' debate, however, whether the players have been paid or not should not alter the way we support our team.

We've supported them through some dreadful performances when they were getting paid, and are doing the same now they are not getting paid! Some fans will be vocal of their criticism of players when they are not playing well and, whilst its not the way I support the team, I think they have every right to do so whether the players have been paid or not!

Nah, it's an excellent one.

I think we should have a bake sale too.

How about we organise a fashion show as well?

Like any dictatorship, the rank and file on the streets (or in this case terraces) are frightened to speak out against the regime for fear of the situation becoming worse. Sounds to me like a lot of people are indifferent about the plight of the current squad in the hope that most leave one way or the other in January. The worst legacy of the current regime is the complete disempowerment of the fans.

Sitting here keeching ourselves that if we dont play along the big boy will pick up his ba' and go home.

Apologies if I have missed it, but have any of the collective shareholder/supporters groups made any public noise about the situation?

The Op has a decent point. I don't think financial contribution is the way to go. But some sort of acknowledgement of the fact they are continuing to work through a shocking situation would surely be appreciated.

Instead what'll happen is someone will misplace a pass on Saturday and take dog's abuse.

Like any dictatorship, the rank and file on the streets (or in this case terraces) are frightened to speak out against the regime for fear of the situation becoming worse. Sounds to me like a lot of people are indifferent about the plight of the current squad in the hope that most leave one way or the other in January. The worst legacy of the current regime is the complete disempowerment of the fans.

Sitting here keeching ourselves that if we dont play along the big boy will pick up his ba' and go home.

Apologies if I have missed it, but have any of the collective shareholder/supporters groups made any public noise about the situation?

That'll be the same disempowerment that we supporters have suffered in the vast majority of the 45 years I've been going to see Hearts! And, just as it has always been, there needs to be something more than anarchy in place to replace the current dictator!

After all, we are where we are because they was no other alternative when getting rid of the last idiot!!!

Is it time for us to put differences of opinion over individual players to one side and show some solidarity with them as a group?

By all accounts they put in a real shift for the jersey yesterday in the face of this unacceptable situation with unpaid wages, so is it time to be united against the wee Lithuanian?

A banner, a minutes applause, donation of some cash?

Thoughts?

The minutes applause costs nothing, and is the very least they deserve.

Good post mate.

IMO, the Dundee fans cheered their team back from a 25 point deduction.

Are there players suffering financially, absolutely without a doubt. I know of at least three where the mortgages are now being paid from their partners salaries, where their partners have had to take on responsibility for other bills on their behalf (this is obviously younger players as yet unmarried) and where these non employees of HMFC are now having to work every hour of overtime they can just to keep both getting through, because of actions taken by our owner.

Not neccesarily. I use the same nursery as a couple of the players partners and they are struggling to the point they are considering cancelling the nursery for the kids and they are really peed of that some folk think they are loaded. They are going to have to give the nursery a bit of notice as well which is very worrying for them if the money has stopped coming in.

You might think "so what" but there is a knock on effect that the nursery dosent get paid either. Some might think this is trivial but it's not.

Overall a very good post.

Every one of them deserves our support and to those who think not hang your heads in shame.

They represent this club and as such deserve our support -- is it their fault they were offered wages that were not financially sustainable, are they to blame for an absent owner who will not even let his own 'customers' know what is going on and what his level of support will be in the future, are they expected to behave like few other members of society and work without pay with no idea as to when it will be received -- answer to all of the above -- NO!

As fans we are in a difficult position but time to grow some backbone.

Do not fear demonstrating against Vlad -- he's never here anyway and if he does turn up let him know in no uncertain terms what we think.

Collections are fine but a visible show of support would be better and perhaps more easily understood by the players.

It will not help not turning up or not buying club strips etc as it is money the club needs so lets at least do that especially as many would be bought for Xmas.

portobellojambo1

Not neccesarily. I use the same nursery as a couple of the players partners and they are struggling to the point they are considering cancelling the nursery for the kids and they are really peed of that some folk think they are loaded. They are going to have to give the nursery a bit of notice as well which is very worrying for them if the money has stopped coming in.

You might think "so what" but there is a knock on effect that the nursery dosent get paid either. Some might think this is trivial but it's not.

Overall a very good post.

Sorry, I put that line in to emphasise that the persons I was speaking about were unmarried (it was possibly done as I expected some to come back asking if the money wouldn't simply be coming out of one joint account).

And I agree with you, there is nothing trivial about what is happening at the moment, nothing at all.

Drylaw Hearts

Turning out in numbers next week and encouraging other to go would help the team on the day and put a few bob in the wage fund.

Yep.

sob.pngsob.pngsob.pngsob.png

Care to expand, or is that it ?

sob.png

Is it time for us to put differences of opinion over individual players to one side and show some solidarity with them as a group?

By all accounts they put in a real shift for the jersey yesterday in the face of this unacceptable situation with unpaid wages, so is it time to be united against the wee Lithuanian?

Thoughts?

Was thinking about how to go about doing this also, i think so many on here have missed the point entirely!

Solidarity! It must be extremely hard for the players to play for the jersey under these circumstances and those that have gone on for years now, whether you think some are wage thieves or not they were offered the contracts by HMFC and took them who wouldnt?

Now they are being treated even worse than usual and not even being paid wages ffs!!!

Id imagine in the players minds individually and collectively they are struggling with split loyalty between playing for the club who treats them like sh#t and playing for us, i know some will say they should always play for the jersey but what is "the jersey" ? HMFC or the fans ? because they seem to be two completely different things nowadays!

Correct me if im wrong OP but i think you were suggesting we show the players that we appreciate them whether the club does or not and we show them that they are playing and fighting for the fans not Romanov, it is after all the fans the club cannot do without!

We have some extremely important games coming up and giving the players some focus (ie look what the fans did for us we will fight for them wages or not!) is a winning idea!

Distance ourselves from this complete f#ckin ar$e of a man and his pathetic self absorbed regime and show the players WE are HMFC not Romanov or his cronies!

If it gets some media attention then brilliant, Romanov will find that very hard to swallow!

Even if we raise a 10k loan the players can decide who gets what depending on individual circumstance or share it out, it doesnt matter its a gesture from the fans the real HMFC.

I will gladly put my money where my mouth is and donate 1k to any interest free loan given directly to the players.

And for those that dont agree, fair enough, but dont be surprised if the players react in a very positive manner on the pitch and thats what we all want is it not?

Whilst I underatand what the OP is trying to achieve I stopped having any kind of affinty with the players a long time.

Gone are the days when a player has geniune love for Hearts.

Personally I am looking forward to losing some of the deadwood we are carrying come the end of Jan - sorry but right now that's how I feel.

Agree to a point but for me its as much about how people continue to be mistreated and the shambolic way the club is run as it is about an affinity with particular players or the team. In saying that its clear there application cannot be questioned throughout this, and for that, we should be showing them our support. Can't be doing a great deal for morale either.

Not just Sunday morning Sir, it is more a reflection of the site in general. When people don't have anything sensible to offer, they offer a reply which in their mind might sound funny, or plaster the board with stupid feckin smilies, which are even less funny.

The situation is unfortunate, unacceptable, and it is something which has been discussed, i.e. could the fans do anything to support the players financially.

You read so much shite on here about they don't need our financial support, they should have been saving for such a situation, or they don't deserve to get paid anyway because they get paid too much. Such statements are pure and utter pish, people save for their old age, to ensure they have something put aside when they are no longer earning a salary, people do not save because their boss is a feckin ersehole and they need to try and predict when he will stop paying them, despite the contract said owner agreed to and put in place. And some people fail to understand that if you get paid ?150 a wee you budget your lifestyle around such a payment, similarly if you are receiving ?250, ?500, ?1,000, ?3,000, ?10,000 or ?15,000 a week. You live a lifestyle which matches what your income is, if you are earning ?10,000 a wee you don't live the same lifestyle as someone earning ?150 a week. If they are earning too much in the eyes of the fans that is not the players fault, the blame for that lies with the same erse who is now renaging on agreements he made.

The danger with the fans becoming involved is they then become just another part of this huge mafia that is against the owner, a stroyline he trots outt which became feckin boring years ago, shortly after we first heard it. There is a danger he would react to it in the same way he reacts to everything he doesn't like, with some mental outburst of shit.

Are there players suffering financially, absolutely without a doubt. I know of at least three where the are now being paid from their partners salaries, where their partners have had to take on responsibility for other bills on their behalf (this is obviously younger players as yet unmarried) and where these non employees of HMFC are now having to work every hour of overtime they can just to keep both getting through, because of actions taken by our owner.

I have found it quite sad to read some of the comments on here which effectively are stating "feck the players", fortunately the only place you tend to hear such comments is on here, when your out and about discussing this people actually know who the source of the problem is, realise it isn't the players and have sympathy for the players situation. Sometimes I wonder if any of those whose attitude is "feck the players" would simply take it on the chin if their own employer paid them late one month, paid only a tiny percentage the next and then suggested they might get another payment in around 4 months time (have they all got tidy sums stashed away for such an eventuality, have they feck, they'd leave their job, or turn up and do feck all, and take every action possible to secure what was due to them).

The players have to be commended for sticking to their part of their contractual agreement, they continue to turn up for work, as their contract of employment requires, nobody should be commending the stance of Vladimir Romanov, he is pissing all over the players and if the fans became involved and even tried to collect some money to offer them something, he'd piss all over us as well. We are all insignificant to him, and any attempt by the fans to try and help out the players could ultimately make the situation worse.

And truth is most fans are in exactly the same boat as the players anyway, every penny of income is important to them, they don't have enough to share it with the players but some expect the players to have budgeted in manner which would cover a situation where their employer wants to keep employing them but not paying them.

Absolutely spot on. Excellent post.

kennyblack'sshot

Thoughts?

Fans put money into the players' pockets every week by turning up. That's the best thing to do in this situation.

Gregory House M.D.

Great idea. It's not as if I've already paid too much to watch their pish imitation of footballers.

It'll cost us nothing to simply show our support by applauding for the whole of the first minute of the match next week.

Yep it's a gesture but at least it will show the players we do appreciate the difficult circumstances they are facing.

I would be willing to take part in some sort of protest/show of support to the players on matchday, but as was said earlier, would not contribute money to a bunch of underachieving footballers who earn more in a month than i earn in a year.

However, our owner should get his finger out and honour the contracts he agreed to.

It'll cost us nothing to simply show our support by applauding for the whole of the first minute of the match next week.

Yep it's a gesture but at least it will show the players we do appreciate the difficult circumstances they are facing.

Yip, something like this would do the trick.

Great idea. It's not as if I've already paid too much to watch their pish imitation of footballers.

Why do you bother going, then???

Of course, I remember the whole team was loaded with top international footballers, usually spending their summers gracing the World Cup, Euros or the Copa America.

The quality of players you see now- Black, Zal, Sutton, Hammill....take your pick - is on a level with anything we have seen over the last 40 years, give or take the odd exception.

And the best thing is, by the time Vlad has finished with this team, you'll be pining for the good old days of 2011.

Gregory House M.D.

I'd happily sing we'll support you evermore for the first ten minutes. Minutes applauses should be kept for memorials.

5 year olds shouldn't be allowed on this forum

because calling someone a five year old is a mature way of dealing with them. smellyface.

Thoughts?

I think this is a great idea - had a quick read through the thread and I think some people are missing the point.

These players have turned up at training everyday and on Match days - ok they may not be playing great but morale must be low at the moment, no wages and no idea when they will receive them - anyone of them could have walked away from the club but havent. I dont believe for a minute that these players dont feel loyalty to the club and fans. 2 recent examples spring to mind - Rudi Skacel and the support he has given to Sinky "for" Hearts and Ryan McGowan - his reaction when awarded the penalty at celtic park and also his reply to Graham Speirs on Twitter, Speirs was ribbing him a bit and said something like - I am a professional journalist which means I get paid, Ryan replied with - and how much would you pay to be in my position!

I would be all for a show of support - turn up next week and encourage others to do so - once the whistle blows stand and applaud for a minute followed by a "we'll support you ever more" - it costs nothing but could be a huge boost to the players and help lift spirits and get us the 3 points.

It was Ewan Murray, not Spiers. But of a strange exchange, couldn't work out if they were just having a laugh or not.... Probably were though...

Something which unites support and players is imo the best way - applause, chants, twirl the scarfs, whatever.

Should be something that simply goes without saying. I've seen plenty shit Hearts teams over the years but you supported them because they were our shit Hearts team.

Times move on but I've never seen the level of division that exists just now and I include all the 70/80s relegation stuff, the Tommy Mclean teams, the Pieman in that. Against St Johnstone there were plenty giving it they don't deserve to be paid.

FFS what is happening is just wrong end of story so let's let the players know we know and support them. Who knows they might even win and send us home happy.

Gregory House M.D.

It was Ewan Murray, not Spiers. But of a strange exchange, couldn't work out if they were just having a laugh or not.... Probably were though...

I don't think it's Ewan using it. Only recently did the account start writing in txt spk.

Not just Sunday morning Sir, it is more a reflection of the site in general. When people don't have anything sensible to offer, they offer a reply which in their mind might sound funny, or plaster the board with stupid feckin smilies, which are even less funny.

The situation is unfortunate, unacceptable, and it is something which has been discussed, i.e. could the fans do anything to support the players financially.

You read so much shite on here about they don't need our financial support, they should have been saving for such a situation, or they don't deserve to get paid anyway because they get paid too much. Such statements are pure and utter pish, people save for their old age, to ensure they have something put aside when they are no longer earning a salary, people do not save because their boss is a feckin ersehole and they need to try and predict when he will stop paying them, despite the contract said owner agreed to and put in place. And some people fail to understand that if you get paid ?150 a wee you budget your lifestyle around such a payment, similarly if you are receiving ?250, ?500, ?1,000, ?3,000, ?10,000 or ?15,000 a week. You live a lifestyle which matches what your income is, if you are earning ?10,000 a wee you don't live the same lifestyle as someone earning ?150 a week. If they are earning too much in the eyes of the fans that is not the players fault, the blame for that lies with the same erse who is now renaging on agreements he made.

The danger with the fans becoming involved is they then become just another part of this huge mafia that is against the owner, a stroyline he trots outt which became feckin boring years ago, shortly after we first heard it. There is a danger he would react to it in the same way he reacts to everything he doesn't like, with some mental outburst of shit.

Are there players suffering financially, absolutely without a doubt. I know of at least three where the mortgages are now being paid from their partners salaries, where their partners have had to take on responsibility for other bills on their behalf (this is obviously younger players as yet unmarried) and where these non employees of HMFC are now having to work every hour of overtime they can just to keep both getting through, because of actions taken by our owner.

I have found it quite sad to read some of the comments on here which effectively are stating "feck the players", fortunately the only place you tend to hear such comments is on here, when your out and about discussing this people actually know who the source of the problem is, realise it isn't the players and have sympathy for the players situation. Sometimes I wonder if any of those whose attitude is "feck the players" would simply take it on the chin if their own employer paid them late one month, paid only a tiny percentage the next and then suggested they might get another payment in around 4 months time (have they all got tidy sums stashed away for such an eventuality, have they feck, they'd leave their job, or turn up and do feck all, and take every action possible to secure what was due to them).

The players have to be commended for sticking to their part of their contractual agreement, they continue to turn up for work, as their contract of employment requires, nobody should be commending the stance of Vladimir Romanov, he is pissing all over the players and if the fans became involved and even tried to collect some money to offer them something, he'd piss all over us as well. We are all insignificant to him, and any attempt by the fans to try and help out the players could ultimately make the situation worse.

And truth is most fans are in exactly the same boat as the players anyway, every penny of income is important to them, they don't have enough to share it with the players but some expect the players to have budgeted in manner which would cover a situation where their employer wants to keep employing them but not paying them.

Yet another sage post PJ - the sooner we get rid of the lying, cheating, welching. egotistical small man syndrome, fackin lunatic that we have the misfortune of being our owner- the better for all!

I see no harm in showing some solidarity with the players. A minutes applause or even some chants in protest at the situation are free and draw attention to the issue if nothing else.

Sadly however, we are the most apathetic and disparate support in Scottish football and no action will be taken. Hearts fans have always tacitly accepted the decisions of the clubs ownership, the only time we haven't was Save our Hearts and that is because the survival of the stadium was at stake.

As an aside, how bad is the financial management of some of our players if the hardships being described above is correct? These are guys whose careers are usually over by age 35, surely to goodness they have large pools of savings? Doesn't make it right them not being paid of course.

Gregory House M.D.

I see no harm in showing some solidarity with the players. A minutes applause or even some chants in protest at the situation are free and draw attention to the issue if nothing else.

Sadly however, we are the most apathetic and disparate support in Scottish football and no action will be taken. Hearts fans have always tacitly accepted the decisions of the clubs ownership, the only time we haven't was Save our Hearts and that is because the survival of the stadium was at stake.

As an aside, how bad is the financial management of some of our players if the hardships being described above is correct? These are guys whose careers are usually over by age 35, surely to goodness they have large pools of savings? Doesn't make it right them not being paid of course.

Last paragraph. Wasn't it you calling me all sorts for saying players should save.

:rolleyes:

oops - so it was!! Thanks

Last paragraph. Wasn't it you calling me all sorts for saying players should save.

:rolleyes:

Entirely different argument. The players will have costs relative to their incomes, however one months missed pay should still not be the financial armageddon it allegedly seems to be. It is still totally wrong for the club to have not paid their salaries on time. You were basically saying that the players should have the expenses and lifestyle of an office temp and save anything else they earn above that, which is and remains total twaddle.

firrhill jambo

Maybe some songs for the players as there seems to be none the now eg like me and you he hates the hibees too walking in a blacky wonderland, or should i get my coat ?

Gregory House M.D.

Maybe some songs for the players as there seems to be none the now eg like me and you he hates the hibees too walking in a blacky wonderland, or should i get my coat ?

JKB hate Blackie. God only knows why.

He's actually a really nice guy and is very down to earth contrary to what people on here would have you believe.

......As an aside, how bad is the financial management of some of our players if the hardships being described above is correct? These are guys whose careers are usually over by age 35, surely to goodness they have large pools of savings?

Dont be stupid, as I'm sure you know, it's actually possible for them to be financially prudent, to have considerable money invested (savings) and not have access to ready cash....

Needs to be something simple and visible, and the players need to know that we are doing it for them.

What about a mass twirly / Hey Jude at kick-off or at some point in the game (like, the 10th minute)?

Twirly/chant at some point would be easiest,if folk can stop sitting on their hands and actually care enough to partake. As has been touched on,we are the most apathetic support going. When you see other supports unite it always makes me think 'i wish hearts fans were more like that'. We can do it when we want too but with this topic I think the general consensus is,cant be ersed.

Theres alot of negativity towards the current team, I think mainly due to our ever increasing frustrations with the owner spilling out towards the eleven players who turn out every week, because let's face it, aside from moaning on here getting on the players backs is the easiest way of venting the frustration, yes players make mistakes, it's feckin life, but the over reaction to every mistake is getting stupid. We should be happy they are still willing to play, if my employer told me I was getting deployed somewhere and I might get paid in march, but don't worry because you should have accrued some savings to see you right through, I for sure wouldn't stand for it.

Any gesture of support would be welcome, let's have a bit of solidarity amongst the support, get tynie bouncing, and we might see a positive reaction in the football, look what we got at White hart lane, every player interviewed said the fans were tremendous and all they could hear was the noise. Pretty sure we played our part that night, **** Romanov lets get behind the team who wear the badge,

Will definitely get involved in a wee sing song if organised. Showing the players that the fans understand their feelings can bring us closer together and the players may just raise their game in the most important period of the season.

Archived