Time for fans to show solidarity with players?

Big Team

Is it time for us to put differences of opinion over individual players to one side and show some solidarity with them as a group?

By all accounts they put in a real shift for the jersey yesterday in the face of this unacceptable situation with unpaid wages, so is it time to be united against the wee Lithuanian?

A banner, a minutes applause, donation of some cash?

Thoughts?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough lads, I was looking for an adult debate on what I believe is a very serious situation at my club.

The hurt the players are feeling is obvious, and I am genuinely concerned about the ramifications of not paying the players, both now and in the future.

Crack on though! Cuddly toy, matching travel luggage...

Is it time for us to put differences of opinion over individual players to one side and show some solidarity with them as a group?

By all accounts they put in a real shift for the jersey yesterday in the face of this unacceptable situation with unpaid wages, so is it time to be united against the wee Lithuanian?

Thoughts?

:smiliz23:

Thoughts?

Nice thought but ultimately there is next to nothing we can do it about the situation. I am pretty sure the players are aware the fans support them in this farce.

Nice thought but ultimately there is next to nothing we can do it about the situation. I am pretty sure the players are aware the fans support them in this farce.

Thanks for sensible contribution, but on the point of players knowing they have fans support, the rest of the replies so far seem to say otherwise? Or maybe Sunday morning is prime time posting hours for the bairns!

Whilst I underatand what the OP is trying to achieve I stopped having any kind of affinty with the players a long time.

Gone are the days when a player has geniune love for Hearts.

Personally I am looking forward to losing some of the deadwood we are carrying come the end of Jan - sorry but right now that's how I feel.

It's really out of our hands now. The players that want to go will go. You're right about them putting in a shift for the club at this difficult time, but no amount of cash we could raise would even be enough to pay for one players unpaid wage, so ultimately they will still go. Just my opinion.

What will be will be.

Fair enough lads, I was looking for an adult debate on what I believe is a very serious situation at my club.

The hurt the players are feeling is obvious, and I am genuinely concerned about the ramifications of not paying the players, both now and in the future.

Crack on though! Cuddly toy, matching travel luggage...

The players deserve their money - this is not a post about how they should just suck it up and they're spoilt prima donnas. But if you think a whip round or bucket shaking for them is anything other than in horrific bad taste then you need to get things in perspective. If it comes to light that they've been evicted and are living destitute then i'd consider some sort of personal action, till then it's not anyone's job to make sure they get paid other than the club.

Agreed.

First part is unfortunate, not getting on their backs for mistakes might just be prudent at this time.

Not a great time to have a derby and a cup tie against a junior team coming up.

Whilst I underatand what the OP is trying to achieve I stopped having any kind of affinty with the players a long time.

Personally I am looking forward to losing some of the deadwood we are carrying come the end of Jan - sorry but right now that's how I feel.

Correct.

And the suggestion of giving them money. I can barely get by as it is. I ain't giving those who have earned thousands a week while playing below-par most of the time anything.

I worded the post carefully, I'm not trying to get support to kick off any sort of campaign, but I am trying to judge the feelings of the folk that post here.

I don't think anyone, football player or otherwise should be left feeling as isolated as our players seem to be, and I've also noted with interest that most of us seem to have lost the will to deal with the circus that the wee Lithuanian has created.

Correct.

And the suggestion of giving them money. I can barely get by as it is. I ain't giving those who have earned thousands a week while playing below-par most of the time anything.

I think that's the position most of us are in, I was looking to encourage debate, I'm not actively suggesting we do anything, let alone give money.

So far half of us feel helpless to influence the situation and the other half don't give a feck.

The players deserve their money - this is not a post about how they should just suck it up and they're spoilt prima donnas. But if you think a whip round or bucket shaking for them is anything other than in horrific bad taste then you need to get things in perspective. If it comes to light that they've been evicted and are living destitute then i'd consider some sort of personal action, till then it's not anyone's job to make sure they get paid other than the club.

Correct. No doubt massive mismanagement is to blame for the financial situation at Hearts, however I can never understand why everyone gets up in arms whenever football players are asked to take a pay cut when their club is in financial trouble.

While I agree with it or not, several people I know who work in the private sector have been made to take 15% pay cuts or face redundancy. Hearts players have obviously not been paid anything, but I'm sure if all Hearts players were told to take a 15% pay cut there would be a massive furore despite the fact they make very good money, doing a job they are supposed to love with far shorter hours than most.

Is the money we all put into save our hearts still available? If so, can we offer that cash as a loan to pay the players over Christmas with the promise it is paid back when the players finally get paid?

delpieroismagic

Thanks for sensible contribution, but on the point of players knowing they have fans support, the rest of the replies so far seem to say otherwise? Or maybe Sunday morning is prime time posting hours for the bairns!

A lot of the fans still have still have the head in the sand attitude or choose not to voice concern in the hope that Vlad doesn't completely shaft the club or the possibility that the situation will sort itself out. Vlad could write off the debt, walk away and sell the club for a more realistic value and forever leave as hero although there's 2 chances of that happening. I don't think ere is anything the fans can do until the players make an official complaint to the spl. Hmfc need us next week, let's get fully behind the team.

H

ROBBIECEE1874

Thoughts?

I was gonna start the same sort of convo yesterday but couldnt be bothered with the amount of retards that come on here and talk pish... The last few weekends ive sat at tynecastle listening to the dogs abuse our players are getting from our own support, thats :smiliz19: going to help right enough. I have to agree i think the players deserve a real good backing at tynecastle next weekend.... Atleast go there to support our team not slate them, times are hard enough at the moment. Good post anyways ...

ToadKiller Dog

The statement that the players put out from the PFA i support ,it was constructive and looking to sort out the problems .

if the stuff about walking away and not really wanting paid there next wage on time in the Hibsman is true then it shows maybe a lack of solidarity and a change from the initial statement amongst the players which is not as easy to support .

The players need one voice to speak for them in the media not unnamed player says .Of course that could be just the jornos muddying the water .

I worded the post carefully, I'm not trying to get support to kick off any sort of campaign, but I am trying to judge the feelings of the folk that post here.

I don't think anyone, football player or otherwise should be left feeling as isolated as our players seem to be, and I've also noted with interest that most of us seem to have lost the will to deal with the circus that the wee Lithuanian has created.

He is not Lithuanian.

Agreed.

I am sick at the way the Club is treating the players.

Romanovs stance is incredibly damaging to everyone connected to the Club. It is immoral not to pay them if he has the money.

Yes, some may be overpaid & of disapointing quality but Romanov by signing them agreed to honour the contract.

Players of the quality that would improve the squad are simply going to look elsewhere. If this whole episode demonstrates anything, it is that VR cannot be trusted.

I desperately want to get behind the team , but if the owner won't why should I?

Hearts are & will always be my team but my devotion to them is waning.

I just hope we can scrape through the season without too much more embarrassment, change owners & build for

next season.

The Old Tolbooth

I can see it from both sides here to be honest, I'm very much in agreement that we need to get rid of a shitload of deadwood, however the way it's being done is completely wrong, and it's hard not to feel for the players who are contracted to play football on a certain wage per week, agreed by the very man who's now refusing to pay them.

Romanov is an arse.

portobellojambo1

Not just Sunday morning Sir, it is more a reflection of the site in general. When people don't have anything sensible to offer, they offer a reply which in their mind might sound funny, or plaster the board with stupid feckin smilies, which are even less funny.

The situation is unfortunate, unacceptable, and it is something which has been discussed, i.e. could the fans do anything to support the players financially.

You read so much shite on here about they don't need our financial support, they should have been saving for such a situation, or they don't deserve to get paid anyway because they get paid too much. Such statements are pure and utter pish, people save for their old age, to ensure they have something put aside when they are no longer earning a salary, people do not save because their boss is a feckin ersehole and they need to try and predict when he will stop paying them, despite the contract said owner agreed to and put in place. And some people fail to understand that if you get paid ?150 a wee you budget your lifestyle around such a payment, similarly if you are receiving ?250, ?500, ?1,000, ?3,000, ?10,000 or ?15,000 a week. You live a lifestyle which matches what your income is, if you are earning ?10,000 a wee you don't live the same lifestyle as someone earning ?150 a week. If they are earning too much in the eyes of the fans that is not the players fault, the blame for that lies with the same erse who is now renaging on agreements he made.

The danger with the fans becoming involved is they then become just another part of this huge mafia that is against the owner, a stroyline he trots outt which became feckin boring years ago, shortly after we first heard it. There is a danger he would react to it in the same way he reacts to everything he doesn't like, with some mental outburst of shit.

Are there players suffering financially, absolutely without a doubt. I know of at least three where the mortgages are now being paid from their partners salaries, where their partners have had to take on responsibility for other bills on their behalf (this is obviously younger players as yet unmarried) and where these non employees of HMFC are now having to work every hour of overtime they can just to keep both getting through, because of actions taken by our owner.

I have found it quite sad to read some of the comments on here which effectively are stating "feck the players", fortunately the only place you tend to hear such comments is on here, when your out and about discussing this people actually know who the source of the problem is, realise it isn't the players and have sympathy for the players situation. Sometimes I wonder if any of those whose attitude is "feck the players" would simply take it on the chin if their own employer paid them late one month, paid only a tiny percentage the next and then suggested they might get another payment in around 4 months time (have they all got tidy sums stashed away for such an eventuality, have they feck, they'd leave their job, or turn up and do feck all, and take every action possible to secure what was due to them).

The players have to be commended for sticking to their part of their contractual agreement, they continue to turn up for work, as their contract of employment requires, nobody should be commending the stance of Vladimir Romanov, he is pissing all over the players and if the fans became involved and even tried to collect some money to offer them something, he'd piss all over us as well. We are all insignificant to him, and any attempt by the fans to try and help out the players could ultimately make the situation worse.

And truth is most fans are in exactly the same boat as the players anyway, every penny of income is important to them, they don't have enough to share it with the players but some expect the players to have budgeted in manner which would cover a situation where their employer wants to keep employing them but not paying them.

portobellojambo1

Double post, apologies.

I can see it from both sides here to be honest, I'm very much in agreement that we need to get rid of a shitload of deadwood, however the way it's being done is completely wrong, and it's hard not to feel for the players who are contracted to play football on a certain wage per week, agreed by the very man who's now refusing to pay them.

Romanov is an arse.

I can't believe he sees it as a viable plan to offload players. It's wrong and as usual, I've no real idea what Vlad is up to. :smiliz23:

john brownlee

Thoughts?

have his babys

erect a statue

buy him a pint

introduce him to my sister

Thoughts?

Thank them and wish them well in the future is about the best I can manage. :thumbsup:

Hear, hear.

Not just Sunday morning Sir, it is more a reflection of the site in general. When people don't have anything sensible to offer, they offer a reply which in their mind might sound funny, or plaster the board with stupid feckin smilies, which are even less funny.

The situation is unfortunate, unacceptable, and it is something which has been discussed, i.e. could the fans do anything to support the players financially.

You read so much shite on here about they don't need our financial support, they should have been saving for such a situation, or they don't deserve to get paid anyway because they get paid too much. Such statements are pure and utter pish, people save for their old age, to ensure they have something put aside when they are no longer earning a salary, people do not save because their boss is a feckin ersehole and they need to try and predict when he will stop paying them, despite the contract said owner agreed to and put in place. And some people fail to understand that if you get paid ?150 a wee you budget your lifestyle around such a payment, similarly if you are receiving ?250, ?500, ?1,000, ?3,000, ?10,000 or ?15,000 a week. You live a lifestyle which matches what your income is, if you are earning ?10,000 a wee you don't live the same lifestyle as someone earning ?150 a week. If they are earning too much in the eyes of the fans that is not the players fault, the blame for that lies with the same erse who is now renaging on agreements he made.

The danger with the fans becoming involved is they then become just another part of this huge mafia that is against the owner, a stroyline he trots outt which became feckin boring years ago, shortly after we first heard it. There is a danger he would react to it in the same way he reacts to everything he doesn't like, with some mental outburst of shit.

Are there players suffering financially, absolutely without a doubt. I know of at least three where the mortgages are now being paid from their partners salaries, where their partners have had to take on responsibility for other bills on their behalf (this is obviously younger players as yet unmarried) and where these non employees of HMFC are now having to work every hour of overtime they can just to keep both getting through, because of actions taken by our owner.

I have found it quite sad to read some of the comments on here which effectively are stating "feck the players", fortunately the only place you tend to hear such comments is on here, when your out and about discussing this people actually know who the source of the problem is, realise it isn't the players and have sympathy for the players situation. Sometimes I wonder if any of those whose attitude is "feck the players" would simply take it on the chin if their own employer paid them late one month, paid only a tiny percentage the next and then suggested they might get another payment in around 4 months time (have they all got tidy sums stashed away for such an eventuality, have they feck, they'd leave their job, or turn up and do feck all, and take every action possible to secure what was due to them).

The players have to be commended for sticking to their part of their contractual agreement, they continue to turn up for work, as their contract of employment requires, nobody should be commending the stance of Vladimir Romanov, he is pissing all over the players and if the fans became involved and even tried to collect some money to offer them something, he'd piss all over us as well. We are all insignificant to him, and any attempt by the fans to try and help out the players could ultimately make the situation worse.

And truth is most fans are in exactly the same boat as the players anyway, every penny of income is important to them, they don't have enough to share it with the players but some expect the players to have budgeted in manner which would cover a situation where their employer wants to keep employing them but not paying them.

winston churchill

The sooner wee vlad bombs out the overpaid pile of shite the better.

I am looking forward to next season watching the young guys with some older heads round them................ knocking their pans in for a grand aweek.

The sooner wee vlad bombs out the overpaid pile of shite the better.

I am looking forward to next season watching the young guys with some older heads round them................ knocking their pans in for a grand aweek.

How will it work though? They are still under contract and the club is still liable to pay them. A lot will leave at the end of the season anyway.

Thoughts?

he's Russian, you should really know this by now

PJ1 has pretty much summed up my feelings.

I really can't understand the indifference to the players not getting paid, it's unbelieveable really. I agree with others that we've long required a major clear out - but not like this.

It might not make a jot of difference to our owner but I'd still like the fans to show some unity over this and at least give some vocal or visual support to the players.

The Old Tolbooth

I can't believe he sees it as a viable plan to offload players. It's wrong and as usual, I've no real idea what Vlad is up to. :smiliz23:

Romanov believes he can do what he wants, to whoever he wants, but no one would ever dare to try and second guess the guy as to what his next move would be :wacko:

Sydney Devine
1323605892[/url]' post='2585119']

Well said PJ1. Vlad was the one who sanctioned the players contracts and for a businessman to reneage on these contracts demonstrates the Bawbag that he is, especially within the context of him assuming/insisting that the players keep their contractual obligations. I hate the thought that he can sit in the land of Lith and we can't show him that the Hearts support think he is an utter arseh0le. At least the save our Hearts campaign was well publicised and the pie man knew what we thought.

PJ1 as ever has summed things up well.

A whip round prob isnt going to happen due to most peoples financial plight at the moment but the players DESERVE to be shown some appreciation by the fans. A gesture,no matter how small may go a long,long way at the moment.

I agree that their isnt the affinity for players as there once was but some of the childish abuse given to players on here is embarrasing. Football players are in a very cherished position but being a player at our club at the moment must be absolutely horrendous.

he's Russian, you should really know this by now

Aye ok, but does it change what my post is all about? No.

So are you capable of getting involved in the debate or you going to satisfy yourself by being pedantic?

PJ1 as ever has summed things up well.

A whip round prob isnt going to happen due to most peoples financial plight at the moment but the players DESERVE to be shown some appreciation by the fans. A gesture,no matter how small may go a long,long way at the moment.

I agree that their isnt the affinity for players as there once was but some of the childish abuse given to players on here is embarrasing. Football players are in a very cherished position but being a player at our club at the moment must be absolutely horrendous.

Good post mate

I am willing to do my bit.

Any players wishing to earn a bit of cash in the run up to Christmas can PM me.

My gutters need clearing, and there's always a pile of ironing.

Selfless, I know.

Aye ok, but does it change what my post is all about? No.

So are you capable of getting involved in the debate or you going to satisfy yourself by being pedantic?

i agree with what u r saying, and i wasnt really having a go at you, just that he has been the owner for the best part of a decade so hearts fans should really know he aint lith, it also bugs me when the the papers say kello is lith.

but back to the point yes we should show the players some support, and as has been said it really dont need to be something big, the players would prob appreciate the backing of the fans in any way, they will prob get a lift knowing that the fans care during this difficult time.

I am willing to do my bit.

Any players wishing to earn a bit of cash in the run up to Christmas can PM me.

My gutters need clearing, and there's always a pile of ironing.

Selfless, I know.

I would support and contribute if a collection was organised for the players.

In some ways it is the most realistic solution to show our support of the players but not of the running of the club. The level of debt makes it impossible to create a pooled fans bid for the club. Fans and players are fearful of protesting against Romanov because they are concerned about the consequences. By making a donation to the squad it shows quietly that we back the team and are unhappy with the management of the club.

sob.pngsob.pngsob.pngsob.png

sob.png

Archived