Tonights Champions League

colinmaroon

The one player they have missed the most this season is Tom Cleverly, was an important factor to how they looked so good early on in the season, provides the creativity in the team that they lack without Scholes.

Agree, though it is Scholes they are really lacking.

Cleverley looked good (particularly with Anderson). But tonight they played a centre back and a very old Giggs in midfield with 2 wingers. Surely Man United should have more depth to central midfield resources than that.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reckon juventus are going to win it this year

aye well 2 hours ago you thought Man U were going through :jjyay:

Don't buy the Prem in decline stuff at all. Man City's 10 points would have seen them qualify from six of the other seven groups - dealt a tough hand with that group. Much as Utd were pretty awful tonight but luck played it's part too. If it was Killie I'd be raging about that first goal with a man down. And then to hit the post so many times. Cups are a bad barometer of general quality of leagues.

Man City are clearly an incredible team. Put them in the knockout stages and I could see them go to the final. Utd are clearly still a very good side too - somethings up with the balance/confidence that the injuries have no doubt played a part in.

Great to see some drama in the group stages - was loving the last five mins of the Utd game tonight - fantastic scenes.

Latest Odds:

Barcelona: 37/20

Real Madrid: 47/20

FC Bayern Munich: 5/1

Chelsea FC: 10/1

Arsenal FC: 18/1

AC Milan: 20/1

Inter Milan: 28/1

SSC Napoli: 33/1

Benfica: 50/1

FC Zenit St. Petersburg: 100/1

Bayer Leverkusen: 100/1

Olympique Lyonnais: 100/1

Olympique de Marseille: 150/1

A.P.O.E.L.: 200/1

FC Basel: 200/1

CSKA Moscow: 200/1

Source www.bwin.com

Good grief, what about the cheating linesman in the Ajax v Real!!!

Absolutely shocking!

That might seem seismic on paper; it's really not, because United just aren't very good. They weren't very good last season, when Ferguson did a quite unbelievable job in winning the title and reaching the CL final with, by their standards, a piss poor side; they're not very good this season either, because the young players who've come in are still learning. Many United fans have been expecting something like this: they know how many question marks there are over their team.

Most people wrote Ferguson and United off when they last got knocked out at this stage, in 2005/6. They were wrong, and will probably be wrong again. They'll be back. Meanwhile, the sight of City fans laughing at United on the same night their team got knocked out as well is kinda pitiful; and Craigieboy's gibberish about United the brand and City, the 'proper club' (a proper club who are committing the worst example of financial doping ever seen in the sport's history) is going to get very, very tiresome very, very soon.

Manchester City have spent almost ?500m in three years - and they couldn't get through either. 'Proper club'?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good post Shaun, I started along the same lines then though 'why bother'?

United were never winning this tournament and will not add any priority to the Europa League either. Sore to go out tonight, but United simply did not deserve it over 6 games.

It's now, and arguably has always been, a season for taking stock, getting rid of Evans, Macheda, Owen, Berbatov, Carrick and everyone else so clearly not good enough and trying to build for next season and those after.

It doesn't matter to me who wins the league when it's not United (and it won't be). If it's City? I know a number of City fans who were City fans when they miraculously won the Division 2 play-off final v Gillingham (IIRC) in 1999 so fair play to them, they won't care how and who paid. The only other alternative is Chelsea. What difference? United cannot win the league every year, no-one can.

Hearts beat Basel when we met, look at the difference in the respective clubs' progress since.

Arfarfarf...Can't stop sniggering at the top two from the 'best league in the world' (copyright Sky television) crashing out.

THIS ; )

Good grief, what about the cheating linesman in the Ajax v Real!!!

Absolutely shocking!

Aye, no excuse for that. Two dodgy calls rulling out two good goals. Ajax will be outraged, all they had to do was to avoid a 7 goal swing to Lyon and they were through. To have two legit goals ruled out must hurt even more under those circumstances.

Aye, no excuse for that. Two dodgy calls rulling out two good goals. Ajax will be outraged, all they had to do was to avoid a 7 goal swing to Lyon and they were through. To have two legit goals ruled out must hurt even more under those circumstances.

did ajax have 2 good goals disallowed? thats the one team that let me down on my both teams to score coupon :seething:

did ajax have 2 good goals disallowed? thats the one team that let me down on my both teams to score coupon :seething:

Two offside that were CLEARLY onside!

Yep, you should be sending your coupon to that linesman for him to reimburse you. :down:

First was a shot from long range, saved and then followed up by an Ajax player who was behind the shoulder of the last defender. Second was another long range effort deflected off the back of another Ajax forward who was similarly close to the last man, but unquestionably onside. I've got no idea how the linesman could give it offside, he can only have thought it was marginal, there's no way he could've seen it as a clear offside, and even then the advantage is supposed to go to the attacker.

Spurs out of Europe before Christmas, man u and man city both in the Europa cup! Liverpool sitting at home since watching eastenders! It feels great to be arsenal fan tonight!

Oh did Kompany just say he was looking forward to the Europa cup!

jamboinglasgow

Of the 16 teams in the group stage,

5 were champions of their domestic league - Barcelona, AC Milan, Apoel, Zenit St Petersburg and Basel

6 were runners up - Real Madrid, Marseille, Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Benfica and Bayern Leverkeusen

4 came third in their league - Napoli, Chelsea, Lyon and Bayern Munich

1 came fourth in their league - Arsenal

rudi must stay

:rofl:

Sore faced loser

That was a few weeks ago. It sort of shows why they are struggling though IMO, Ferguson seems to think they're fine, he even said they were playing 'very well' at half time yesterday.

English champions? out

German champions? out

French champions? out

Portuguese champions? out

Dutch champions? out

Ukranian champions? out

Greek champions? out

Champions League? You're havin' a laugh :lol:

And the Scottish Champions not even close.

Any truth in the rumour, that after his performance in Basel, the English FA actually went to UEFA to have Rooney's ban increased? :lol:

Hmmmmmm Fergie losing the plot at an unreasonable question.

How shocking.

What was unreasonable about it ?

Of the 16 teams in the group stage,

5 were champions of their domestic league - Barcelona, AC Milan, Apoel, Zenit St Petersburg and Basel

6 were runners up - Real Madrid, Marseille, Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Benfica and Bayern Leverkeusen

4 came third in their league - Napoli, Chelsea, Lyon and Bayern Munich

1 came fourth in their league - Arsenal

I think you'll find chelsea finished 2nd last year.

Blue is the colour!

A little bit of Tevez out the door.A little bit of Vidic on the floor. A little a bit of Nasri on the side. A little bit of Rooney shooting wide. A little bit of Mario having a laugh. A little bit of Nani on his arse...Ladies and Gentleman - Channel Number Five

Archived