"Christmas Cracker"

Erik

Sounds like your bactracking a bit here Erik.

Read your OP again, you were sick of these offers and were sure the average cost of a ST was higher than walk up punters.It came across as a bit of a rant.

Perhaps a bit of research next time, eh? :thumbsup:

Not really. As a season ticket holder, it DOES bug me as I went on to explain.

And my point remains the same. At no point did I ever claim it worked out cheaper to attend all the games by paying at the gate. But the simple fact is, for these two games, the cost is ?12.50 per game - and that's significantly cheaper than the 'cost per game' for a season ticket holder.

I'll not lose any sleep over that. I do however believe that it shouldn't be possible for pay at gate fixtures to work out cheaper than the value a ST offers. In this instance it does.

So to be in the die hard supporter club, you need a season ticket .....................

Think it's pretty obvious that's clearly not what I was saying.

However, everyone's situation is different.

Does having a season ticket make me more of a die hard than someone who attends games more often than not via pay at the gate? Clearly not.

However.... Does having a season ticket make me more of a die hard than someone who only attends two games a season by means of a discounted ticket? Erm..... Well.... Yeah, it does.

And my point remains the same. At no point did I ever claim it worked out cheaper to attend all the games by paying at the gate. But the simple fact is, for these two games, the cost is ?12.50 per game - and that's significantly cheaper than the 'cost per game' for a season ticket holder.

I'll not lose any sleep over that. I do however believe that it shouldn't be possible for pay at gate fixtures to work out cheaper than the value a ST offers. In this instance it does.

There is no downside for ST holders here financially. If you intend going to every home game then a ST makes complete sense. Given Hearts current financial plight it would be remiss of them not to encourage pay at the gate fans to attend. This will no doubt attract fans to come who otherwise might not have made it, especially at this expensive time of the year.

Does this REALLY discourage you from buying a season ticket?

It's 2 games out of 19 at a time of year when fans traditionally don't attend games. The club is in a mess and needs all the money it can get. What is wrong with attracting people who otherwise may not have gone to the games? This is the first season for a long time that my son and me have not had season tickets. He works a lot of Saturdays and if I bought a season ticket he would not get the seat beside me for the games he can attend. For the record, I have attended every home game this season so am glad of the offer for the 2 pre Christmas games. I'll buy tickets for both of us but my son will probably only manage the Christmas Eve game so the discount won't be that good anyway. Just because someone doesn't have a season ticket does not mean that they are not as ardent a fan as those who have. We all have different circumstances and in some cases more sensible priorities.

john brownlee

You are certainly not the only ST holder who is sick of this.

dosen't bother me

bums on seats and all that

dosen't bother me

bums on seats and all that

Exactly John - I'd be happier if we can fill Tynie even if some fans get big discounts/incentives - If I still lived up there I'd be in Tynie every week but a lot of fans cant afford STs so a discount is always welcome.

People who complain but cant give a solution of their own get on my baws.

Moan moan moan .. but what do you want? Erm, I dont know ... brilliant stuff.

:vrface:

For a couple of games it is but not over the course of a season. Which is why you buy a season ticket!

I have a season ticket and I could not gve a flying duck if someone who doesn't gets a better deal than me on a few games and I would actually be delighted if this meant bigger crowds and more income

Some really poor form from some fans just now.

Nothing new under the sun!

"The kingdom of heaven is like a man who owned land. He went out early in the morning to hire people to work in his vineyard. He agreed to give them the usual pay for a day's work. Then he sent them into his vineyard. "About nine o'clock in the morning he went out again. He saw others standing in the market place doing nothing. He told them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard. I'll pay you what is right.' So they went. "He went out again about noon and at three o'clock and did the same thing. About five o'clock he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, 'Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?' "'Because no one has hired us,' they answered. "He said to them, 'You also go and work in my vineyard.' "When evening came, the owner of the vineyard spoke to the person who was in charge of the workers. He said, 'Call the workers and give them their pay. Begin with the last ones I hired. Then go on to the first ones.' "The workers who were hired about five o'clock came. Each received the usual day's pay. So when those who were hired first came, they expected to receive more. But each of them also received the usual day's pay. "When they received it, they began to complain about the owner. "These people who were hired last worked only one hour,' they said. 'You have paid them the same as us. We have done most of the work and have been in the hot sun all day.' "The owner answered one of them. 'Friend,' he said, 'I'm being fair to you. Didn't you agree to work for the usual day's pay? Take your money and go. I want to give the ones I hired last the same pay I gave you. Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Do you feel cheated because I gave so freely to the others?' Matthew 20:1-15 NIrV)

Cost me ?11.50 per game and the Wee Fella ?11.50 per game, but we couldn't go otherwise. I am looking at Season Tickets for next season, when my finances aren't as bad as they are now, so we can be Uber Fans too.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

At the end of the day all we want is 3 points aslong as im there i couldnt care about anything else

This is actually a very good point. I know how much my ST is when I buy it, I choose to buy it, so if someone else can take advantage of a special offer for two games, it really makes no difference to me whatsoever.

The state the club is in at the present moment in time means we need to attract more fans into the stadium to raise income that they don't have at the moment. Simple economics really and the fact that that the club are offering a good offer to raise some much needed cash is welcome. As a season ticket holder I have no issue with the club offering discounts for a couple of games to get as many fans inside the ground as possible.

If you can afford to go you should and by doing so are helping the club in its time of need.

Archived