"Christmas Cracker"

Erik

Am I the only one who's getting a little sick of the 'rewards' walk up punters get throughout the course of a season in comparison to those of us who commit to going to every single home game by means of a season ticket and get naff all in return?

Latest offer can see you sat in any category of seat outwith platinum, for two games, for ?25...... ?12.50 per game. Pretty sure that trumps the average cost per game compared with buying a season ticket, probably by a long way if we're talking Gold seat rates.

Before that we had the 'Jamboree' for the St Johnstone game, again offering walk up supporters a ?3 discount.

Probably just a matter of time till the 'buy a ticket and get a free strip' offer gets unleashed if previous seasons are anything to go on.

Fully understand the need to get bodies back in through the doors, now more than ever before with the way things are, but cant help but start to wonder what the point in having a season ticket is.

Fair comment, or unjustified criticism....? Good move by hearts to drum up more interest, or just another example of the 'die hard' supporter getting fleeced.....? Discuss!

I think it's just a case now of trying everything possible to get punters through the doors.

It may also have to do with getting as many people paying to allow us to pay the players.

Captain Canada

It's no different to a lot of other business models. Banks and insurance companies often have great offers to get new customers while the loyal ones get nothing.

I think it's a necessity in Scottish football as a whole and not just at Hearts. I don't agree with it, but the players are on such ridiculous wages, it's all just about trying to encourage people through the gates.

Charlie-Brown

Do you really think or expect the non-ST fans will be enticed in large numbers if we tried to charge them full whack a couple of weeks before Xmas & New Year?

mahgrassyshoes

Am I the only one who's getting a little sick of the 'rewards' walk up punters get throughout the course of a season in comparison to those of us who commit to going to every single home game by means of a season ticket and get naff all in return?

Latest offer can see you sat in any category of seat outwith platinum, for two games, for ?25...... ?12.50 per game. Pretty sure that trumps the average cost per game compared with buying a season ticket, probably by a long way if we're talking Gold seat rates.

Before that we had the 'Jamboree' for the St Johnstone game, again offering walk up supporters a ?3 discount.

Probably just a matter of time till the 'buy a ticket and get a free strip' offer gets unleashed if previous seasons are anything to go on.

Fully understand the need to get bodies back in through the doors, now more than ever before with the way things are, but cant help but start to wonder what the point in having a season ticket is.

Fair comment, or unjustified criticism....? Good move by hearts to drum up more interest, or just another example of the 'die hard' supporter getting fleeced.....? Discuss!

Bit of both really, but I'm not going to complain just now if it helps get the wages paid and the players playing we to be honest.

Dont get me wrong, I can fully understand WHY the club are doing it - and in terms of getting bums on seats and bringing money in, its probably to be commended.

But..... I also cant help but think that the club should perhaps be doing a little bit more for those of us who stumped up cash before the season even began, and essentially commit to either being there every game, or 'paying' for games we dont attend.

Catering offers? Matched bets at bookie kiosks? I dunno what the answer IS, but it would be nice to think that the club hasnt forgotten about its season ticket holders.

mahgrassyshoes

Dont get me wrong, I can fully understand WHY the club are doing it - and in terms of getting bums on seats and bringing money in, its probably to be commended.

But..... I also cant help but think that the club should perhaps be doing a little bit more for those of us who stumped up cash before the season even began, and essentially commit to either being there every game, or 'paying' for games we dont attend.

Catering offers? Matched bets at bookie kiosks? I dunno what the answer IS, but it would be nice to think that the club hasnt forgotten about its season ticket holders.

I can see what you're getting at, but it's difficult to do. Both of your suggestions are good ones, but as these facilities are outsourced the club would likely have to give them some sort of subsidy for doing it and we all know that's just not possible at this minute in time. It's basically just a case of we need money and feck everything else just now, unfortunately.

Barney Rubble

We are not the only ones you know there is a recession gripping the world and businesses have to do whatever they can to sell their product. We are not immune and hearts are totally justified and its time for a stronger mentally from our core support to let things like cheaper tickets and merchandise to pull more punters in slide .

I think you will find that the ?3 off deal last weekend had little effect on the number of 'walkups'. Unfortunately the club doesn't advertise these discounts well.

But I do love the discounts!! Saving me a ton of cash this month!

Oh and to make you season ticket holders feel better, you are better fans then me. ha.

Like many other posters, I do understand why they are doing it, but it doesnt sit well with me.

I pay for a platimum ticket up front, in good faith. However, it seems nearly every year, my loyalty is not repaid by the club heirachy. We are continuously surrounded by negativity, we are watching sub par perfromances on the pitch. Its hard work being a jambo just now.

As another example of how this up front comittment is abused by the club, if you want to go and pay the exorbitant ?125 plus VAT for hospitality, they only give you a ?10 discount for the season ticket you cant use - the average "cost" of all ticket price for the game.

I can see what you're getting at, but it's difficult to do. Both of your suggestions are good ones, but as these facilities are outsourced the club would likely have to give them some sort of subsidy for doing it and we all know that's just not possible at this minute in time. It's basically just a case of we need money and feck everything else just now, unfortunately.

I agree with you there. Both those things are just things that randomly popped in to my head without much thought.

Realistically speaking, I dont think I find myself particularly near the end of either spectrum of viewpoints - I'm probably fairly comfy on the fence swaying from side to side.

I'm sure the club will argue the fact that season ticket holders get a massive discount on their season tickets if they renew before a certain date.

Maybe next homegame they will be offering a share of the club ownership with each ticket purchased.

I'm sure the club will argue the fact that season ticket holders get a massive discount on their season tickets if they renew before a certain date.

And get first dibs on European tickets.

And (some) get free strips.

I couldn't afford to renew this season, but even when I was a season ticket holder, I was never thinking that the club should give me more free stuff.

Tokyo Drifter

I think we need an un-audited, unticketed cash gate to keep some hard-earned cash off HMRC's radar. If we're going to be bought by a plumber, we may as well start operating our cash-flow system like one.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I couldn't afford to renew this season, but even when I was a season ticket holder, I was never thinking that the club should give me more free stuff.

I will be away for a few weeks over Christmas and new year. I think my step-dad and my mate are filling every match that I will not be able to attend for me but, if they are unable to then I will gladly offer my pass to you for a game purely on the basis that you would actually enjoy and appreciate it. :thumbsup:

?425 in Platinum for 18 or 19 home games = ?23.60 per game or ?22.37 I get to keep my seat, get a discount at the club shop of ?10 and get priority for games.

This is me paying in as early as I can so its not an amazing deal as an ST but I understand the clubs position however I also feel the OP has a very valid point.

Like him sometimes this annoys me slightly particularly as year on year the squeeze of any perk gets less and less from free tops to a quick discount and from programmes to nothing and similiar Hearts world then nothing.

The thing is im more concerned with our current plight and so if we get more people through the doors this will improve our situation then its fine but its not something that should just be disregarded as its a valid point re existing customers and walk up fans.

Jambof3tornado

Said the same on another thread and this discounting of tickets will backfire as some wont renew season tickets knowing that its cheaper to just walk up.

Gone are the days where you need a season ticket to get a seat.

I will always renew but can understand the actions of those who dont.

Its bad enough if you miss 1 game in the season then anything you saved on a season ticket has gone!!

I think we need an un-audited, unticketed cash gate to keep some hard-earned cash off HMRC's radar. If we're going to be bought by a plumber, we may as well start operating our cash-flow system like one.

im sure i was sold a ticket for a seat that was allready taken from the a cash gate years ago against the dons

could just of been me being stupid like but i remeber being positive at the time

something dodgy was going on

i will try and take advantage of the new offers totally skint recently but hate winter football

ToadKiller Dog

The thing is i dont buy a ST for the super discounts does not even come into my mind when i renew .

I just renew , safe in the knowledge that it takes the hassle out of getting my match ticket ,makes me certain

i will get away derby ticket ,euro ticket later rounds of the Cup (though thats been a while )with out any real

bother . It isnt as easy just buying a ticket on the day or paying as you go that option is there with the e ticket

system yet ST still sell and by far the main money raising system attendence wise .

I dont feel shafted that a small handfull of supporters will use the christmas cracker deal ,i hope afterwards they make it a habbit and come to more games . The long term future of the club is more important to me than a wee discount .

IIRC my season ticket cost ?300 (an Adult "silver" ticket). If you divide that by 19 home games, that's ?15.79 a match (and that includes the derby matches and old firm).

Despite the odd ?3 discount for 2 or 3 matches a season or the two games for ?25 "one off offer" they have on, in the long run I am saving money getting a season ticket when you take into account Hibs/Old Firm games are usually ?27.

I also got a slight discount for Paski and the Spurs game. Also not forgetting I got a week before the general public had a chance to purchase my seat. Even the Auchinleck game I got a week to purchase my seat before the general public did ;)

A season ticket also adds loyalty points to your name, so I would have no trouble seeing Hearts on the 2nd of January against Hibs :thumbsup:

A season ticket does have its plus points if you can afford one.

Football is different from any other business,i am a season ticket holder,but want the club to make as much money as possible,and if this does that,then it,s got to be a good idea,so i dont mind missing out on a discount.

Jambof3tornado

IIRC my season ticket cost ?300 (an Adult "silver" ticket). If you divide that by 19 home games, that's ?15.79 a match (and that includes the derby matches and old firm).

Despite the odd ?3 discount for 2 or 3 matches a season or the two games for ?25 "one off offer" they have on, in the long run I am saving money getting a season ticket when you take into account Hibs/Old Firm games are usually ?27.

I also got a slight discount for Paski and the Spurs game. Also not forgetting I got a week before the general public had a chance to purchase my seat. Even the Auchinleck game I got a week to purchase my seat before the general public did ;)

A season ticket also adds loyalty points to your name, so I would have no trouble seeing Hearts on the 2nd of January against Hibs :thumbsup:

This is a big motivator for many.

The club will have to be careful come renewals time to ensure the core support who hold season tickets feel they arent being fleeced,especially if the off field antics are to continue.

mahgrassyshoes

I will be away for a few weeks over Christmas and new year. I think my step-dad and my mate are filling every match that I will not be able to attend for me but, if they are unable to then I will gladly offer my pass to you for a game purely on the basis that you would actually enjoy and appreciate it. :thumbsup:

I've seen Eck at a few games and I've never thought, "That guy looks like he's enjoying himself!". You must have the wrong guy! :lol:

^^This^^

I will always buy my ST anyway so if these offers encourage more fans back to the games, all the better. Moreso anyone bringing their kids with the deals are likely to get their head nipped to come back to more games from their kids.

Kids = money for food & drinks, merchandise etc so the club should win out in the end.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've seen Eck at a few games and I've never thought, "That guy looks like he's enjoying himself!". You must have the wrong guy! :lol:

:lol:

Fair enough... Never met the guy, his heart just seems in the right place.

I've seen Eck at a few games

:stare:

:lol:

Fair enough... Never met the guy, his heart just seems in the right place.

The weird thing is, chaps, is no matter how shite we are, I ******* hate missing games.

I honestly don't think I've enjoyed many games in the past 5 years, bar Hibs games and Spurs away.

:sob:

i`ll be taking advantage of the deal

if some season ticket holders are gonna give me a hard time for taking the discount thats their problem

i cannot afford a season ticket, but deals like this are affordale for me

The Great Khali

I didn't renew this season due to new working hours and, being honest, lack of cash. had been a season ticket holder since 2002 and It was with great regret that I couldn't renew.

Not because I don't want to watch a Hearts game, or because I don't care anymore. Whenever I'm not working, I go to games, home or away. Whether it be Celtic at home or St mirren away on a freezing cold wednesday night.

I go to games whenever I can regardless of offers or not.

I don't see a problem with enticing people who havent been to Tynecastle in a while, tourists or whoever into games with offers when the club is in such dire financial straits.

There are alot of perks to being a season ticket holder which I miss, Such as priority for away games and such.

Alot of people who don't buy season tickets can't afford to buy one so surely there is no harm in helping them get to some games throughout the season with a cheeky wee ?3 pound off here and there.

Financially rooked and yet people are moaning about steps being made to try and maximise income... :ermm:

Exactly. :thumbsup:

I've a season ticket and i'm not bothered that the club are offering discounts etc. to walk up fans.

The club needs the cash. I'm guaranteed to see us against Hibs and the OF so thats my bonus for buying a season ticket. :thumbsup:

There are loads of fans who can't see these games because they can't afford a season ticket so the odd time the club offers them a discount for the lesser games is a good thing imo. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Exactly. :thumbsup:

I've a season ticket and i'm not bothered that the club are offering discounts etc. to walk up fans.

The club needs the cash. I'm guaranteed to see us against Hibs and the OF so thats my bonus for buying a season ticket. :thumbsup:

There are loads of fans who can't see these games because they can't afford a season ticket so the odd time the club offers them a discount for the lesser games is a good thing imo. :thumbsup:

The mind boggles mate! Seriously a wee bit surprised at the amount of people moaning about these offers and prices just now.

The mind boggles mate! Seriously a wee bit surprised at the amount of people moaning about these offers and prices just now.

I know. Strange people moaning about that.

I've got a season ticket and i'm not bothered. Have you got 1 and are you bothered?

RoussetsShorts

I'll have saved about ?150 on a season ticket by the end of the season if this keeps up

:verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug:

J Cheever Loophole

I'll have saved about ?150 on a season ticket by the end of the season if this keeps up

:verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug:

We're discussing Tynie mate no fester rd.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know. Strange people moaning about that.

I've got a season ticket and i'm not bothered. Have you got 1 and are you bothered?

I have a season ticket and I could not gve a flying duck if someone who doesn't gets a better deal than me on a few games and I would actually be delighted if this meant bigger crowds and more income

Some really poor form from some fans just now.

I have a season ticket and I could not gve a flying duck if someone who doesn't gets a better deal than me on a few games and I would actually be delighted if this meant bigger crowds and more income

Some really poor form from some fans just now.

Thats my take on it too. :thumbsup:

I can't see the problem to be honest. Good on the club in these hard times. :thumbsup:

Im a season ticket holder, and I dont begrudge the club putting on a really good deal like this. I have told a couple of mates about it who aren't Hearts supporters and they will in all likelihood be coming to both games. Its better to get ?25 for two games for a seat than having it lying empty. I dont buy my season ticket because it is value for money, if I did things because of value for money I doubt I would have attended many SPL matches in the past decade.

So to be in the die hard supporter club, you need a season ticket .....................

After a quick calculation and assuming we have 19 home games i've worked out that:

6 matches vs rangers, celtic and hibs =?162

4 jamboree matches ?3 reduction =?64

7 matches vs the rest =?133

christmas offer 2 matches =?25

Total ?384 (all prices based on a 'silver' seat)

If, as a previous poster stated, a silver season ticket cost ?300 i really dont see what the moan is here.

After a quick calculation and assuming we have 19 home games i've worked out that:

6 matches vs rangers, celtic and hibs =?108

4 jamboree matches ?3 reduction =?64

7 matches vs the rest =?133

christmas offer 2 matches =?25

Total ?330 (all prices based on a 'silver' seat)

If, as a previous poster stated, a silver season ticket cost ?300 i really dont see what the moan is here.

good work spikey, some folk aren't happy unless they are moaning.

I corrected my original mistake: 6 matches vs hibs and the old firm actually ?162 for a total of ?384. So an even bigger saving for st holders than i first thought!

No moaning here mate. I opened something up for discussion offering two differing opinions and can see valid arguments for both.

Fully acknowledge that over the course of it, a season ticket is still better value overall - if it wasn't then we'd see a totally different ratio of season tickets to pay at the gate support.

That said, there's a reason why big companies put enormous focus on customer retention as well as new business.

As I've already said - I don't have particularly strong feelings either way, so all the comments about seethe, moaning, whinging etc are somewhat unjust.... It wasn't a question I posed which had a right or wrong answer.

No moaning here mate. I opened something up for discussion offering two differing opinions and can see valid arguments for both.

Fully acknowledge that over the course of it, a season ticket is still better value overall - if it wasn't then we'd see a totally different ratio of season tickets to pay at the gate support.

That said, there's a reason why big companies put enormous focus on customer retention as well as new business.

As I've already said - I don't have particularly strong feelings either way, so all the comments about seethe, moaning, whinging etc are somewhat unjust.... It wasn't a question I posed which had a right or wrong answer.

Sounds like your bactracking a bit here Erik.

Read your OP again, you were sick of these offers and were sure the average cost of a ST was higher than walk up punters.It came across as a bit of a rant.

Perhaps a bit of research next time, eh? :thumbsup:

So to be in the die hard supporter club, you need a season ticket .....................

Indeed,mate.

I think its a human trait(well,some humans)to be or feel they need to belong to some clique or another.Probably all of us have been guilty of this in our lifetimes...i know i have.

As regards this particular issue....hell,let them in for a fiver....the more the merrier.

Archived