Fulham v Liverpool

Gigolo-Aunt

Didn't see the game, however the picture of the tackle on the beeb website shows him going in two footed studs showing

If that's a fair reflection of the tackle I can understand why the red was given

He got good contact on the ball, but yeah, this picture says it all really.

_57145523_spearingred.jpg

Some times I feel sorry for Andy Carroll. Then I remember that he batters women and I'm like :pleasing:

Thirty five million pounds.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing wrong with the sending off decision.It does not matter if he got the ball,the player still lunged in two footed and made contact with the oppositions leg.Most refs would have sent him off.The Liverpool players surrounding the ref are a disgrace.

Karma after their cheating antics last week in getting Super Mario sent off.

Great game though with a super result.Great Monday night viewing. :thumbsup:

I'm no looking for an argument but that photo does not tell the story. From that pic it looks like a miracle the guy's leg WASN'T broken when in truth he caught him with the follow through but not hard enough to cause injury. Spearing went for the ball, got the ball with his leading foot and got sent off, end of. IMO harsh but **** it, I'm not really that bothered. At least one still of almost every tackle could make them look really bad. As you said yourself, the guy saw the tackle coming and jumped but in the pic he does have his leg planted.

I've a bigger beef with the ref not red carding Senderos for pulling Carroll back off the ball. As I said, to compound this he stopped the game when Adam was advancing with the ball and Senderos hadn't impeded him. Bizarre to consider an off the ball offence serious enough to stop the game but not serious enough to warrant a second card. Poor refereeing.

Balony - many pictures can give a false image.

That was no red card and the ref should take a long hard look at himself -- Dempsey puts his head into Bellamy and gets away with it and he sends off someone for a hard but fair tackle.

That was no red card and the ref should take a long hard look at himself -- Dempsey puts his head into Bellamy and gets away with it and he sends off someone for a hard but fair tackle.

The intent doesn't matter, he got the ball but it was still reckless. You can't go through someone like that, and if Dembele hadn't been off the ground there's a good chance he could've suffered a bad injury with that much force sliding into his leg. That's the issue here, not whether he got the ball or if he tried to hurt the man, but did he lose control of his body and endanger an opponent with his tackle? I'd say it's clear he did, and they'll not win the appeal if they go for it.

He got the same punishment as Bellamy but seriously, why was Bellamy yellow carded for that incident??? Mr Friend had a nightmare 2nd half.

I dislike Bellamy immensely but that incident saw him very hard done to for winning the ball.

What a dirty ******* :down:

Edit::: I bet the bottler comes out and defends him :angry:

Sergio Garcia

Starting watching fell asleep and woke up when the goal went in. Watching the highlights, I didnt think it was that bad a tackle but I can see why he has been sent off.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

When I read all the outrage I thought the tackle would be soft but that's a dangerous tackle despite winning the ball. He's followed through and kept his studs up. Very dirty.

What's worse than the tackle is the 9 bhoys surrounding the ref though. Hopefully the FA hammer them.

When I read all the outrage I thought the tackle would be soft but that's a dangerous tackle despite winning the ball. He's followed through and kept his studs up. Very dirty.

What's worse than the tackle is the 9 bhoys surrounding the ref though. Hopefully the FA hammer them.

Totally agree AP.

Nothing will happen to the ***** though :down:

I've seen many worse challenges but I would say a red card was justified. Purely on the basis that he needlessly followed through.

Starting watching fell asleep and woke up when the goal went in. Watching the highlights, I didnt think it was that bad a tackle but I can see why he has been sent off.

I thought the game was shite, was only really glancing at it, missed the goal and sending off. From the pics tho it is a clear red card, there have being plenty of tackles where the player gets the ball but if u dive in it's a red!

The only bad decision this week from the epl was gary Cahill sending off at spurs! Never a red in a million years, compere that to the shite we have to put up with every week!

Oh they are English Celtic, what the **** was king kenny on about at the start of the season about refs not wanting Liverpool to win games! Laughable and a joke just like the club!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Rodwell got sent off for Everton for a perfectly good tackle in a tight game which Liverpool went on to win. So even if it wasn't a red, which it was, these things even themselves out.

the ?35 million for Carroll is looking progressively like the second worst piece of transfer business ever, only surpassed by the ?50 million for Torres

The ?12 mil the blue vile bigots spent on Tore Andre Flo has to be up there.

That at the time must have seemed about ?50 million to the barstewards.

The ?1.99 and the curly wurly that Hibs spent on Jean-Marc Boco was a cracker too.

Any pictures of the side angle? I ask because the TV replay shows Spearing's right leg connecting with the ball and nowhere near the Fulham chap's left leg but Spearing's trailing leg catching the back of his opponent's left leg. Studs and ankle don't contact. Front of boot though connects with the back of the Fulham player's leg.

Also, how can Spearing control his momentum? Next time you're playing a game and commit to a sliding tackle, try it.

If Ian Brines had reffed that way against us (as he often does) there'd be a 10 pager on it!

Correct. We might well get a show like that at Celtic and those congratulating Kevin Friend on here tonight will be howling at another ref for a performance which mirrors his.

Any pictures of the side angle? I ask because the TV replay shows Spearing's right leg connecting with the ball and nowhere near the Fulham chap's left leg but Spearing's trailing leg catching the back of his opponent's left leg. Studs and ankle don't contact. Front of boot though connects with the back of the Fulham player's leg.

Also, how can Spearing control his momentum? Next time you're playing a game and commit to a sliding tackle, try it.

:keys:

Did you not read my post further up?

Spearing can't control his momentum, that's precisely why it's a red card. He went flying in, got the ball, but he also had no control over his own body. When you go in like he did you're endangering an opponent with your reckless tackling, you can't do that. The fact that Dembele saw it coming and avoided taking Spearing's body weight side on to his standing leg is no case for it not being a red card. Ball or no ball, it's dangerous play and he deserved the red card.

Kickback Kopites are unbelievable when it comes to perceived injustices, and then you have the nerve you question the Celtic tag you do your best to live up to. Honestly... :vrface:

kingantti1874

All the Liverpool fans remember Suarez rolling round like he was shot after jack rod wells tackle a few weeks ago? It seems What goes around comes around in this instance

I'm no Liverpool fan but it's simply my personal opinion as a complete neutral that Kevin Friend gave them nothing last night. As the son of Neville Neville said, 20 years ago it's not even a foul, 10 years ago it's a foul and MAYBE a yellow and in the modern game it's risking a straight red. I find myself liking Neville's analysis of games and agreeing with him so in the cold light of day I can accept why the red was shown but disagree with it.

Why Friend left Dempsey and Senderos on is anyone's guess though. Credit to Bellamy for not going down, which probably saved Dempsey. However, is nobody going to comment on/justify the ref's decision to stop a Liverpool attack for an off the ball foul (Senderos on Carroll) and then not yellow card the offender? It's possible that Senderos shouldn't even have been there at that stage as he stopped Charlie Adam lining one up on his left foot from 18 yards.

Or is it all ok because Liverpool actually benefitted from a shocking decision earlier in the season? Two wrongs don't make a right and we as Hearts fans know that it's complete bollox that things even themselves out.

Ok, so perhaps I wasn't a COMPLETE neutral as I had money on Liverpool just to score. How they failed remains a mystery but the poor refereeing doesn't help punters!

:keys:

Did you not read my post further up?

Spearing can't control his momentum, that's precisely why it's a red card. He went flying in, got the ball, but he also had no control over his own body. When you go in like he did you're endangering an opponent with your reckless tackling, you can't do that. The fact that Dembele saw it coming and avoided taking Spearing's body weight side on to his standing leg is no case for it not being a red card. Ball or no ball, it's dangerous play and he deserved the red card.

Kickback Kopites are unbelievable when it comes to perceived injustices, and then you have the nerve you question the Celtic tag you do your best to live up to. Honestly... :vrface:

Should Hearts receive a similar refereeing performance (and we probably won't have to wait too long) we can expect you to be the model of consistency and applaud the referee.

Re: Celtic tag - it has been explained in full before yet the JKB anti-Kopites appear to be too thick to absorb such information. :rolleyes:

Should Hearts receive a similar refereeing performance (and we probably won't have to wait too long) we can expect you to be the model of consistency and applaud the referee.

Re: Celtic tag - it has been explained in full before yet the JKB anti-Kopites appear to be too thick to absorb such information. :rolleyes:

Snappy, I can see that one sticking.

I didn't say the ref had a good game, I've only ever commented on the red card. So you clearly didn't even read my posts. You're really bad at this stuff, just stick to posting long winded drivel. :greggy:

Archived