Fulham v Liverpool

Gigolo-Aunt

Liverpool going well at the moment - with the teams at the top picking up 3 points (Newcastle apart) at the weekend, a win is a must to keep pace for the CL spots.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Nice and open so far.

I think Liverpool will get a goal so Fulham will have to be on top form.

early chance for Fulham.

On a side note how lumbering does Andy Carroll look ohmy.gif

He was a bit unlucky with that chance. Good connection, just too straight and came a bit quick at him.

come on liverpool!!!! gonna be alot harder without lucas, but i like jay spearing, hes a good wee battler in the midfeild. pplus its about time liverpool brought a player through from the academy, last home grown players they had probably gerrard and carragher!!!!

iv got adam to score first 8/1 :thumbsup:

how shite is that ruiz?? hes lost the ball everytime hes got it!!! :woot:

Think it'll be 1-1, Liverpool lack something up front unless Suarez is on top form.

Liverpool and Sellick love to swap a song or two. :yucky:

Think it'll be 1-1, Liverpool lack something up front unless Suarez is on top form.

Liverpool and Sellick love to swap a song or two. :yucky:

Bellamy, Carroll, Adam are you on crack?

how shite is that ruiz?? hes lost the ball everytime hes got it!!! :woot:

he's not started his Fulham career too well, I'll give you that. Did score a cracking goal recently though.

He'll need to up his game though, or fear becoming another Afonso Alves.

Bellamy, Carroll, Adam are you on crack?

Nah, the BBC website checking that they've only scored 17 league goals this season.

he's not started his Fulham career too well, I'll give you that. Did score a cracking goal recently though.

He'll need to up his game though, or fear becoming another Afonso Alves.

his goal was a topper aye

alfonso alves!!! haha how shite was he?!!? there have been afew players that have come to the epl from the dutch league that have flopped. samarass?!? alves!! any others?? i think ruiz could be the next likes. still early for him though.....

The Old Tolbooth

Amazing effort by Henderson there, deserved a goal!

Cracking game so far, I really like the way Fulham play and they're always a danger.

Mon the proper reds!

With the amount Liverpool have spent they should really be challenging at the top of the league.

Surely the king must take some flak for this ? Oh wait in the eyes of Liverpool fans he can do no wrong.

Fools.

The Old Tolbooth

That's a shocker of a red card, never in a million years!

Is this guy Howard Webb's brother? He's given Liverpool feck all!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

With the amount Liverpool have spent they should really be challenging at the top of the league.

Surely the king must take some flak for this ? Oh wait in the eyes of Liverpool fans he can do no wrong.

Fools.

They were miles of last season - to suggest they should be challenging already is a bit over the top. I expect them to offer a better challenge next season. They should be delighted if they get 4th this year.

They are also unbeaten since September so they are making progress.

Harsh sending off too.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

What a terrible decision.

I'm no Liverpool supporter but I would say they have had a blatant penalty 3 yards inside the box called outside it, a goal disallowed for offside that was onside and now a terrible decision to send the wee fella off.

Been a bad few days for the EPL refs.

Another game where Liverpool dominate but don't win (so far)

They are close to being a top four team but just one or two players short

The sending off was just so wrong -- what are referees thinking of :angry:

The Old Tolbooth

What a terrible decision.

I'm no Liverpool supporter but I would say they have had a blatant penalty 3 yards inside the box called outside it, a goal disallowed for offside that was onside and now a terrible decision to send the wee fella off.

Been a bad few days for the EPL refs.

To be fair I thought the disallowed goal was offside mate, but I thought it was a spot kick, and never a sending off either.

Seymour M Hersh

Not sure why that yank **** was not sent off in the fist half. Left on to score the winner. Ref has been awful.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

They were miles of last season - to suggest they should be challenging already is a bit over the top. I expect them to offer a better challenge next season. They should be delighted if they get 4th this year.

They are also unbeaten since September so they are making progress.

Harsh sending off too.

He's spent a silly amount of money on average Englishmen. What was it? ?50 million for Carroll and Henderson? Those deals have to go down as some of the worst ever.

Saved his timmy skin with the signing of Suarez though.

**** off Johnson!!! Show Murphy down the line he's all right footed!!!

This arsehole of a referee has ruined this game.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

English Celtic losing, King Kenny's face tripping him, Liverpool fans moaning :pleasing:

Big Clint scoring :pleasing:

The Mighty Thor

He's spent a silly amount of money on average Englishmen. What was it? ?50 million for Carroll and Henderson? Those deals have to go down as some of the worst ever.

the ?35 million for Carroll is looking progressively like the second worst piece of transfer business ever, only surpassed by the ?50 million for Torres

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The Carroll signing looks a horrendous buy right now. I'm sure he'll come good and score a few but doubt he'll ever be worth the miney they paid for him.

Lucky they got the ?50m for Torres.

the ?35 million for Carroll is looking progressively like the second worst piece of transfer business ever, only surpassed by the ?50 million for Torres

Agree with Carroll, but Henderson's been decent. Still got plenty of time to live up to his price tag

When Liverpool were dominating the ref makes an absolute howler of a decision to send Spearing off for a perfectly fair challenge. And how Senderos wasn't stopping a goalscoring opportunity I'll never know. Thanks for that referee.

English Celtic chat is honkin.

Good game spoiled by the ref.

I wouldn't bother answering to it mate, it's that tedious.

But factually accurate. :greggy:

Nice to see them brought back down. Always hate the way the Liverpool players swarm the ref, Reina running about 40 yards to get in the face of the offical every time something big goes against them. Carroll is dreadful as well, wonder how long they'll give him before they decide it's not worth it. :lol:

Ref had an absolute nightmare 15mins and he alone ensured Liverpool were not winning 3 points tonight. Never a sending off and I'd love him to explain how Senderos remained on the field for 90mins. Right after the shitey red card, Senderos and Carroll slipped on the halfway line and Adam stole the ball and broke away. Senderos blocks Carroll as he tries to join the attack but still nowhere near Adam who is breaking.

1. Why did he pull the game back when Adam was advancing towards Fulham's goal unimpeded?

2. Why didn't he show Senderos a 2nd yellow?

I'm delighted with the result as Liverpool could potentially challenge the mighty Spurs for a top four place but referees like that make you want to stop watching games. If Ian Brines had reffed that way against us (as he often does) there'd be a 10 pager on it!

But factually accurate. :greggy:

Nice to see them brought back down. Always hate the way the Liverpool players swarm the ref, Reina running about 40 yards to get in the face of the offical every time something big goes against them. Carroll is dreadful as well, wonder how long they'll give him before they decide it's not worth it. :lol:

Not saying your point is wrong but please tell me you don't support ManU?

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Good game spoiled by the ref.

I wouldn't bother answering to it mate, it's that tedious.

:pleasing:

Not saying your point is wrong but please tell me you don't support ManU?

Nope, the same goes for all the top clubs, but really I hate the way Reina would (and has) run the length of the pitch to get in the referees face. Plus their fans get utterly outraged by every decision that goes against them, the whole Howard Webb conspiracy sums them up perfectly.

On the red card, Spearing made contact with the ball, but he also went sliding through the man studs showing. Maybe he would've got away with that 20-30 years ago, but this is now, and those kind of tackles have been outlawed. If Dembele had his foot planted, that would've been a leg breaker, Spearing went through him with zero control and you can't do that in the modern game. If that had been at Tynecastle on one of our players, folk would be screaming for a red, and rightly so.

Nope, the same goes for all the top clubs, but really I hate the way Reina would (and has) run the length of the pitch to get in the referees face. Plus their fans get utterly outraged by every decision that goes against them, the whole Howard Webb conspiracy sums them up perfectly.

On the red card, Spearing made contact with the ball, but he also went sliding through the man studs showing. Maybe he would've got away with that 20-30 years ago, but this is now, and those kind of tackles have been outlawed. If Dembele had his foot planted, that would've been a leg breaker, Spearing went through him with zero control and you can't do that in the modern game. If that had been at Tynecastle on one of our players, folk would be screaming for a red, and rightly so.

I think we'll need to agree to disagree (about the tackle). He came in hard and fast and timed it beautifully. If he'd mistimed it then I'd be the first to say that the statutory 3 game ban wasn't enough. You can't make your legs disappear on the follow through and I'm not convinced he set out to hurt the player with his trailing leg. Aggressive but not violent was my take on it.

You're spot on about top players and their moaning though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Cannae wait to see khing khenny's sour faced puss in his next press conference.

:jjyay:

The intent doesn't matter, he got the ball but it was still reckless. You can't go through someone like that, and if Dembele hadn't been off the ground there's a good chance he could've suffered a bad injury with that much force sliding into his leg. That's the issue here, not whether he got the ball or if he tried to hurt the man, but did he lose control of his body and endanger an opponent with his tackle? I'd say it's clear he did, and they'll not win the appeal if they go for it.

Didn't see the game, however the picture of the tackle on the beeb website shows him going in two footed studs showing

If that's a fair reflection of the tackle I can understand why the red was given

Archived