Highlights

Johanes de Silentio

We are forking garbage. Can't wait for the season to end.

The season might end sooner than we think!

Keeper should never venture as far as the penalty spot?

Criag Gordon tends not too - who is at least twice the keeper Kello is. Plus some.

That's more than good enough for me.

Alwaysinourshadows

What did JJ say when you spoke to him about the final few months of last season?

You've just contradicted yourself - "when have you ever seen Marian Kello make a mistake like that before?" vs "it wasn't a mistake you'd ever see him make normally" Make your mind up!

In your opinion, what other players minds weren't "on the job" yesterday?

Also, what players have not been paid that played on Sat as I'd like to make an assessment on their performance to see if their "mind was on the job".

Oh and what EPL sides are interested in buying Kello?

Norwich were at the start of the season, don't know if they still are though

Looked like Sutton wanted to take the penalty. Shame Hammil didn't let him.

Hammill's scored something like his last 12 pens on the trot.

But he was having a mare and the whole ground could sense it wasn't a guarantee.

I wouldn't have guaranteed that Sutton would have scored either.

2 tts. right places - poor finishing.

Rudi? Should be bread and butter for him.

Personally I'd have given it to Jonsson. But he had his worst game in ages.

We were just destined to miss that pen yesterday.

They're playing football for 90 minutes, not spending 8 hours in an office. Fair enough they will be disappointed at not being paid on time but surely most of the ones on about ?3-4k a week should still be able to get along fairly comfortably.

Our higher earners will earn more in a year than what surgeons etc get paid ffs.

I bet any one of us would be happy to be a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER and play for Hearts right now on a couple of grand a week, even if you recieved your wages a week or two late at times. I know I would.

This line gets trotted out far too much IMO. We were poor well before this wages debacle started up again.

Not necessarily. It depends on what their outgoings are. And "a week or two late" - or not at all?

And yes, we've been struggling for a good ten months now. Have there been other off-field issues as well as this latest, most serious one in that time? Yes there have.

What did JJ say when you spoke to him about the final few months of last season?

You've just contradicted yourself - "when have you ever seen Marian Kello make a mistake like that before?" vs "it wasn't a mistake you'd ever see him make normally" Make your mind up!

Oh and what EPL sides are interested in buying Kello?

Didn't contradict myself at all. 'Normally' should always be expressed in very relative terms where Hearts are concerned, true enough; but in this case, 'normal' = those times when we actually pay our players.

Kello doesn't normally make mistakes like that. He's our best and most important player. But he was also a player who was treated quite disgracefully by Romanov towards the end of last season; as was Zaliukas. You weren't living on an iceberg during the last few months of last season, were you? Vladimir was making life increasingly difficult for everyone; then went completely bonkers over the Craig Thomson affair; then JJ was sacked.

It's been downhill all the way since then; in fact, I think it's been downhill all the way ever since Vlad deluded himself that we were good enough to contend seriously for the title, couldn't understand why we fell out of contention, so blamed "wicked circumstances" and got laughably paranoid about various players instead of appreciating how much we'd over-achieved in the first place.

That's where the criticism of the bad run under JJ is so flawed; because behind the scenes, things were being made harder and harder for him. What EPL sides are interested in Kello? Norwich, for one: if I was to put my money on it, I think he'll end up at Carrow Road TBH.

:laugh:

Exactly.

Billy Sharp is playing and scoring for Doncaster despite losing his son weeks ago. It's a bit embarrassing to claim our players can't cope without being paid for a week when players like Sharp are around.

It's the tabloid journalist in Shaun coming out. Loves to sensationalise a Hearts story.

:lol:

AP always knows how to direct an insult with most accurate effect. Billy Sharp is a fantastic example of enormous courage and mental strength; but in football, as in life, people like him are few and far between.

Clubs which run their affairs properly tend, more often than not (though not in all cases, because football decisions are key to every club, and many get them wrong) to get results on the park. Clubs which don't run their affairs properly tend not to get results on the park. And while football is, in theory at least, a game in which split second, instinctive decisions are made on the pitch by players all the time, it's amazing how often trouble off the field begats increasing trouble on it.

do you play football shaun mate???

If only people who 'played' football went to games, there'd hardly be anyone there.

I haven't - Messi's some player though.

do you play football shaun mate???

Won major trophies as a manager of an under-7's team with fake passports IIRC.

i dunno anything about all that, my point was gonna be that as soon as you start playing the game is the most important thing, the only thing on the mind. the thoughts of the horrendous way the club has been run for last few years doesnt enter the head

and as for completly bonkers over the thomson??? he didnt sack him, he packed him off to lithuania. completly bonkers would have been to make him player/manager, give him teh captains armband and give him an new ?10,000 a week 5 year deal

no doubt vlad has lost intrest though. the next few months are gonne be intresting

but i dont think the attitude of the players is good

Didn't contradict myself at all. 'Normally' should always be expressed in very relative terms where Hearts are concerned, true enough; but in this case, 'normal' = those times when we actually pay our players.

Kello doesn't normally make mistakes like that. He's our best and most important player. But he was also a player who was treated quite disgracefully by Romanov towards the end of last season; as was Zaliukas. You weren't living on an iceberg during the last few months of last season, were you? Vladimir was making life increasingly difficult for everyone; then went completely bonkers over the Craig Thomson affair; then JJ was sacked.

It's been downhill all the way since then; in fact, I think it's been downhill all the way ever since Vlad deluded himself that we were good enough to contend seriously for the title, couldn't understand why we fell out of contention, so blamed "wicked circumstances" and got laughably paranoid about various players instead of appreciating how much we'd over-achieved in the first place.

That's where the criticism of the bad run under JJ is so flawed; because behind the scenes, things were being made harder and harder for him. What EPL sides are interested in Kello? Norwich, for one: if I was to put my money on it, I think he'll end up at Carrow Road TBH.

So, are you saying Kello hasn't made any errors when he's been paid?

If you call living on an iceberg attending HMFC games then, yes, I have. Can you tell me the real reason Kello was left out for a period last season? Only then I will be able to comment on whether it was fair or not.

Oh, don't forget to tell me what JJ said to you about the final few months of last season.

jambos are go!

I really rate Zal and Webster but can no longer ignore the basic errors week after week. They should be easily fixed by better judgement and concentration but that must happen or changes must be made. The first goal was Kello's fault and the second mainly McGowans who can improve and needs to despite what many on JKB say. Obua is an improved player this season and on the basis of his appearance yesterday deserves a more regular place on his superior heading ability alone. IMO.

i dunno anything about all that, my point was gonna be that as soon as you start playing the game is the most important thing, the only thing on the mind. the thoughts of the horrendous way the club has been run for last few years doesnt enter the head

and as for completly bonkers over the thomson??? he didnt sack him, he packed him off to lithuania. completly bonkers would have been to make him player/manager, give him teh captains armband and give him an new ?10,000 a week 5 year deal

no doubt vlad has lost intrest though. the next few months are gonne be intresting

but i dont think the attitude of the players is good

Completely bonkers was Vlad's statement, in which he blamed a combination of agents, the mafia, Gary Mackay and paedophiles for leading poor innocent Craig astray. :blink: He was then less than ecstatic at being forced to toe the line; I've always believed that led to another black mark against JJ, who was apoplectic at the club's original decision, and mortified at what Thomson had done.

In terms of what you say about footballers: that's why I mentioned above that football is, in theory, an instinctive sport based on split second decisions. Unfortunately, in no professional sport anywhere does what goes on behind the scenes play no part in what happens on the pitch. If it didn't, every club under the sun could run itself like a madhouse with no on-pitch consequences.

Footballers are like any other employees anywhere. They require to be treated properly: with respect and care. The best managers treat their squads like an extension of their family - because morale and team spirit are paramount. In circumstances such as ours, it suffers horribly, and mistakes are made.

So, are you saying Kello hasn't made any errors when he's been paid?

If you call living on an iceberg attending HMFC games then, yes, I have. Can you tell me the real reason Kello was left out for a period last season? Only then I will be able to comment on whether it was fair or not.

Oh, don't forget to tell me what JJ said to you about the final few months of last season.

No goalkeeper is perfect; all make mistakes occasionally. Unfortunately, I would anticipate more out of character mistakes from more of our players while this nonsense continues: a consequence of their working environment being a disaster.

Kello was left out because the Dear Leader accused him of matchfixing, and demanded he take a lie detector test. Quite why something so trivial could affect anyone at all is completely beyond me... :whistling:

Thunderstruck

Anyone at the game will note that McGowan is not comfortable on his left foot and will always try and make room to use his right. That is not his fault - he is a makeshift LB.

As for his "bombscare" moment, he was guilty of being over-ambitious - he should have sent it to row Z. Against that, he was very good going forward and had a hand in a lot of the forward play in the second half

There really is no comparison with Billy Sharp. Dealing with a horrible bereavement (as many of us will know from experience) is a very different process from dealing with the kind of uncertainty and insecurity that derives from working for a rogue employer.

The point is that players have not been paid and many or all will be "for sale" in less than a month. Those not sold will have to get used to a whole new set-up, along with wondering whether they will ever get paid and what happens if this state of affairs continues. Yes, many of these players have been paid much more than the average fan (like me), but that doesn't translate into "so they should be happy to play for nothing now".

Things will get a deal worse before they get any better.

Things will get a deal worse before they get any better.

In terms of the way I feel going to Tynecastle right now (and yes, I know I said I was really looking forward to this run of four home games out of the next five), it's almost as if the time machine has transported us back to December 2007. Unfocused, demotivated, nervous players who look pretty disjointed. No leadership, no obvious team spirit. Howlers a fair bet to happen.

If only we could get Kurskis back on loan...

Wonder if there'll be a 1/1/2012 statement on the website.

In terms of the way I feel going to Tynecastle right now (and yes, I know I said I was really looking forward to this run of four home games out of the next five), it's almost as if the time machine has transported us back to December 2007. Unfocused, demotivated, nervous players who look pretty disjointed. No leadership, no obvious team spirit. Howlers a fair bet to happen.

If only we could get Kurskis back on loan...

Wonder if there'll be a 1/1/2012 statement on the website.

Was thinking just the same thing. But then, I always also think "something will turn up" even if it's just another Derby win.

Anyone at the game will note that McGowan is not comfortable on his left foot and will always try and make room to use his right. That is not his fault - he is a makeshift LB.

As for his "bombscare" moment, he was guilty of being over-ambitious - he should have sent it to row Z. Against that, he was very good going forward and had a hand in a lot of the forward play in the second half

shussssssssssssssh , anyone could read that

The blame for the first goal lies entirely with Kello.

He's a great goalkeeper but he made a bad error there, no reason to come for that ball and he was far too slow to get back on his line. He practically gift-wrapped that goal for Craig and I don't see how the defence can be blamed there - Webster headed back to Craig, yes, but from the position he didn't have much chance to beat Kello if he'd stayed on his line. Webster did what he was supposed to and cut out the initial danger.

An unfortunate moment of madness from Marian.

Hamill's penalty was guff, as a goalkeeper you dream about facing penalties like that - Hamill totally telegraphed the side he was going to shoot and it was a perfect height to be saved. Very, very poor penalty.

correct.

mahgrassyshoes

the thing is, if we had turned our vastly superior possesion into goals, we would have won at a canter.

that for me is the biggest concern.

This has been the problem all season. Hopefully, now that Sutton has had a chance and things haven't changed people will start to realise that the balance in midfield is our big problem.

That said, in everygame this season we've had the chances to win and not took them.

Pretty shite all round at the weekend.

The People's Chimp

It was never a pen imo.

Sutton throws himself down in a heap.

Sutton was getting held all through the game.

Archived