Highlights

Johanes de Silentio

Francis Albert

Where the hell was Kello going at the first ?

For the ball. He might have got it if Webster hadn't intervened.

But a shambles all round. Why did none of four other defenders think of covering the goal line when kello came out?

But if we'd shown one tenth of the urgency in next 84 minutes as we did in the last 5, we would have won comfortably.

Drylaw Hearts

But a shambles all round. Why did none of four other defenders think of covering the goal line when kello came out?

Kello should never have been that far out.

Kello - :facepalm:

The back 4 - :facepalm:

Hammils penalty - :facepalm:

looks liikke elliot done well when he came on, missed afew good chances there though

all round not great likes :vrface:

Francis Albert

Not when the CH is dealing with it.

Certainly one or other should have dealt with it and others should have been prepared for the possibilty that neither would.

Fermit the Krog

Thought at the time Webster was more to blame, looking at it again I can only fault Kello, he was the one in no mans land and Webster couldn't have expected his keeper to be so far off his line.

As for the second, poor play by Gowser, I'm sure he knows only too well where the blame lies.

Oh and awful penalty, very soft award tbh. I also think there was a foul in the lead up to our goal.

Not good.

But if we'd shown one tenth of the urgency in next 84 minutes as we did in the last 5, we would have won comfortably.

Agreed, from my view at the game from the Main Stand side I laid the blame fully with Kello.

From watching the highlights though and seeing the flight of the ball from the Wheatfield side it now looks as though Kello would have collected it comfortably had it not been for Webster. It was a communication issue with Kello and Webster. 50/50 blame.

Snake Plissken

Kello at the first goal :vrface:

Elliott's finishing :vrface:

Hamill's penalty :vrface:

McGowan at the St Johnstone penalty :vrface:

Taouil's finish :jjyay:

The day overall :vrface:

Fermit the Krog

C'mon - look at the line of players, exactly where they should be. No way Kello should be going for that ball - shout or no shout.

Large % Kello at the first which is what I thought at the time (didn't stop a lot of shouting about Zaliukis). Heads down from that and a crap penalty. I was one of those that left before the end but it was interesting to see how close we came to a draw. If the whole place was not so gloomy I may have stayed to the end but 2 down to St Johnstone was too much as is 0 points from 12 against United and St J when you live half way between Perth and Dundeesad.gif

Drylaw Hearts

Certainly one or other should have dealt with it and others should have been prepared for the possibilty that neither would.

One did deal with it.

I think all the defenders were caught by surprise by Kello's positioning.

And Zal had the cheek to blame Webster for the goal.

Not when the CH is dealing with it.

heading it 10 yards to an opposition player isn't dealing with it though.

granted if kello had stayed on his line, he would have been there for craigs weak effort.

Drylaw Hearts

heading it 10 yards to an opposition player isn't dealing with it though.

granted if kello had stayed on his line, he would have been there for craigs weak effort.

It wasn't the best defensive header but it would have been enough if Kello hadn't gone for a wander.

Snake Plissken

The blame for the first goal lies entirely with Kello.

He's a great goalkeeper but he made a bad error there, no reason to come for that ball and he was far too slow to get back on his line. He practically gift-wrapped that goal for Craig and I don't see how the defence can be blamed there - Webster headed back to Craig, yes, but from the position he didn't have much chance to beat Kello if he'd stayed on his line. Webster did what he was supposed to and cut out the initial danger.

An unfortunate moment of madness from Marian.

Hamill's penalty was guff, as a goalkeeper you dream about facing penalties like that - Hamill totally telegraphed the side he was going to shoot and it was a perfect height to be saved. Very, very poor penalty.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

When Kello first came to the club he was bad for coming into no mans land to try and get the ball, obviously get a rush of blood and paid the price, can let him off though seeing as he saves us basically every game.

If I was him though I'd be pissed off at Hammill who could have strolled back onto the line and cleared any shot.

Our penalty looked very soft as well, would be raging if that was against us.

the thing is, if we had turned our vastly superior possesion into goals, we would have won at a canter.

that for me is the biggest concern.

Drylaw Hearts

Our penalty looked very soft as well, would be raging if that was against us.

It was never a pen imo.

Sutton throws himself down in a heap.

the thing is, if we had turned our vastly superior possesion into goals, we would have won at a canter.

that for me is the biggest concern.

Thats been the story of many our games this season John.

We have no cutting edge.

I said yesterday on the St Johnstone first goal thread that the whole blame was kellos as he came for a ball that the defence would have dealt with comfortably.

I haven't seen the highlights yet but looking at the comments above they back up my assessment of the situation.

Kello was too far out, no doubts there. Webster had it covered and he made the wrong decision.

Once he realised though he should have backpedalled, left himself open for the easy lob even if no-one bothered to cover him.

Kello's fault but we can forgive him because he wins us just as many points.

Elliott was unlucky.

Hamill's penalty is just appalling.

Always going to happen after we were raving about Kello to our Perth Sainty mate. :vrface: He had a nightmare for the goal. McGowan was just as bad as I had thought at the time for the second as well.

Really soft penalty for us, I'd say, but to be fair came at the culmination of a series of balls forward where Sutton was being held and nothing was given. Think the ref just decided to penalise them for all of them at once for some reason. :lol:

Unreal strike from Taouil, and Elliott was a little bit unlucky. Sums him up as a player, though, he has lots of the attributes required - especially off the ball - but is just not clinical enough.

Both goals we conceded - and especially Kello and McGowan's roles in them - are indicative of players whose minds are not on the job. This shouldn't come as any surprise.

We are forking garbage. Can't wait for the season to end.

There's little to suggest we will be any better next season. :ninja:

Kello's error for the first goal. :mellow:

RoussetsShorts

Both goals we conceded - and especially Kello and McGowan's roles in them - are indicative of players whose minds are not on the job. This shouldn't come as any surprise.

Absolute tosh. Who made you the authority on what the players are thinking / feeling? I'd bet all McGowan was thinning all game was 'do well and keep this spot in 1st team' as he's been after it for a while.

Your musings are often interesting but your bullish opinion that the players don't care anymore and who can blame them is nonsense, its like saying all irish people are stupid.

Alwaysinourshadows

Lets be serious here our squad is poor, they don't get paid so clearly aren't putting in the effort, we will probably continue to be crap until a new owner replaces our prick of a chairman

Absolute tosh. Who made you the authority on what the players are thinking / feeling? I'd bet all McGowan was thinning all game was 'do well and keep this spot in 1st team' as he's been after it for a while.

Your musings are often interesting but your bullish opinion that the players don't care anymore and who can blame them is nonsense, its like saying all irish people are stupid.

I'm not saying the players don't care. I am saying that their concentration has naturally been affected. When have you ever seen Marian Kello make a mistake like that before?

Go ask any manager in the game about how what happens behind the scenes impacts upon what happens on the park. Ask JJ about the final few months of last season, for example.

If you hadn't been paid at work, would your mind be on the job? If, weeks after your wages were due, you'd just been insulted with a fraction of what you were actually owed, would your mind be on the job?

:greatpost:

Do you attribute every lapse in concentration to some deep psychological issue?

It's more likely that the keeper wanted to get his first touch of the ball early in the game but got his timing all wrong.

McGowan never seems to have full control of the ball even when he was being paid so I don't think anything is on his mind other than the game and it was an honest mistake.

Case closed.

You'd start Elliott at Easter Road though Franco, amirite?

:verysmug:

Urite. :greatpost:

He's a good player imo. Just got the same problem I have with shooting - the goalkeeper is always in the right place or it hits the post etc. The kind of 'bad luck' that doesn't happen to top strikers. Never strikes me as being all that composed.

Do you attribute every lapse in concentration to some deep psychological issue?

It's more likely that the keeper wanted to get his first touch of the ball early in the game but got his timing all wrong.

McGowan never seems to have full control of the ball even when he was being paid so I don't think anything is on his mind other than the game and it was an honest mistake.

Case closed.

They're both blunders based on serious lapses in concentration. From Kello in particular, it wasn't a mistake you'd ever see him make normally: this is a guy with a very good chance of getting a move to an EPL side in January. Out of character blunders like that will often have a reason behind them.

Do you seriously think what's going on behind the scenes - specifically, what's been reported this morning about the 1K offered to the players - had nothing to do with what happened on the park?

Do you think footballers are robots?

They're both blunders based on serious lapses in concentration. From Kello in particular, it wasn't a mistake you'd ever see him make normally: this is a guy with a very good chance of getting a move to an EPL side in January.

Do you seriously think what's going on behind the scenes - specifically, what's been reported this morning about the 1K offered to the players - had nothing to do with what happened on the park?

Kello has made a fair few errors in the past, it's not a massive shock. 3 minutes into the game, he's not had a kick yet, shouts for the ball and gets it wrong by a second. Big deal.

I watched the other 85 minutes of their performances and I can assure you they didn't appear to be suffering from off the park issues.

Carry on though.

Kello has made a fair few errors in the past, it's not a massive shock. 3 minutes into the game, he's not had a kick yet, shouts for the ball and gets it wrong by a second. Big deal.

I watched the other 85 minutes of their performances and I can assure you they didn't appear to be suffering from off the park issues.

Carry on though.

Correct.

They're both blunders based on serious lapses in concentration. From Kello in particular, it wasn't a mistake you'd ever see him make normally: this is a guy with a very good chance of getting a move to an EPL side in January. Out of character blunders like that will often have a reason behind them.

any other evidence other than what you've seen on a 5 minute video mr freud?

footballers make mistakes all the time!

Problem Officer?

If you hadn't been paid at work, would your mind be on the job? If, weeks after your wages were due, you'd just been insulted with a fraction of what you were actually owed, would your mind be on the job?

They're playing football for 90 minutes, not spending 8 hours in an office. Fair enough they will be disappointed at not being paid on time but surely most of the ones on about ?3-4k a week should still be able to get along fairly comfortably.

Our higher earners will earn more in a year than what surgeons etc get paid ffs.

I bet any one of us would be happy to be a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER and play for Hearts right now on a couple of grand a week, even if you recieved your wages a week or two late at times. I know I would.

This line gets trotted out far too much IMO. We were poor well before this wages debacle started up again.

on that basis zaliukas must be well messed in the head if thats what causes mistakes

or maybe its just the fact hes shite

maybe kello made an error of judgment early in a game, because, its early in a game

maybe it was because he never gave webster a shout

or maybe he should fone KACL and speak to dr frasier crane about his issues

footballers make mistakes. things are bad, real bad off the pitch, but i cant see him eyeing the cross coming into the box and thinkin "am takin this" then suddelny he thinks "do i have enough cash to pay the sky bill this month???" and then before he knows it hes in no mans land and liam craig has chipped him

but the fact is the team where shite yesterday

Ask JJ about the final few months of last season, for example.

What did JJ say when you spoke to him about the final few months of last season?

When have you ever seen Marian Kello make a mistake like that before?

From Kello in particular, it wasn't a mistake you'd ever see him make normally

You've just contradicted yourself - "when have you ever seen Marian Kello make a mistake like that before?" vs "it wasn't a mistake you'd ever see him make normally" Make your mind up!

In your opinion, what other players minds weren't "on the job" yesterday?

Also, what players have not been paid that played on Sat as I'd like to make an assessment on their performance to see if their "mind was on the job".

Oh and what EPL sides are interested in buying Kello?

Drylaw Hearts

any other evidence other than what you've seen on a 5 minute video mr fraud?

footballers make mistakes all the time!

Fixed that for you John.

Kello's fault but we can forgive him because he wins us just as many points.

Elliott was unlucky.

Hamill's penalty is just appalling.

Elliot is "unlucky" with just about every effort he has. He has an appalling conversion ratio.

Only one of those missed chances yesterday was down to the keeper, the rest were poor finishing and even that one was hit straight at the keeper!.

on that basis zaliukas must be well messed in the head if thats what causes mistakes

or maybe its just the fact hes shite

maybe kello made an error of judgment early in a game, because, its early in a game

maybe it was because he never gave webster a shout

or maybe he should fone KACL and speak to dr frasier crane about his issues

footballers make mistakes. things are bad, real bad off the pitch, but i cant see him eyeing the cross coming into the box and thinkin "am takin this" then suddelny he thinks "do i have enough cash to pay the sky bill this month???" and then before he knows it hes in no mans land and liam craig has chipped him

but the fact is the team where shite yesterday

:laugh:

Exactly.

Billy Sharp is playing and scoring for Doncaster despite losing his son weeks ago. It's a bit embarrassing to claim our players can't cope without being paid for a week when players like Sharp are around.

It's the tabloid journalist in Shaun coming out. Loves to sensationalise a Hearts story.

Looked like Sutton wanted to take the penalty. Shame Hammil didn't let him.

When you think of some of the players who have worn the jersry since Vlad arrived, Hamill is right down there. If he was Lithuanian there are posters on this board who would refer to him by number.

Shite, whatever his nationality is.

Guest C00l K1d

Urite. :greatpost:

He's a good player imo. Just got the same problem I have with shooting - the goalkeeper is always in the right place or it hits the post etc. The kind of 'bad luck' that doesn't happen to top strikers. Never strikes me as being all that composed.

Agree with that.

He gets himself into the right positions but the ball just never seems to go where it's meant to

Snake Plissken

Agree with that.

He gets himself into the right positions but the ball just never seems to go where it's meant to

I can't remember a player so good at getting into a scoring position and yet so bad at actually converting the chance. He should have at least triple the goals he does for us but if his finishing was better he wouldn't be here.

Archived