will u buy a season ticket next season if romanov is still in control?

jambo 5-1

Have been taking my son to most home games, since he was about six, roughly about 4 years, so the time is right for us to be getting season tickets, no matter what Mad Vlad does. Merry Christmas.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The last thing Hearts need is stay away fans.

As utterly grim as things are right now I'll continue to support the club.

Could not agree more. :thumbsup:

J Cheever Loophole

It's been my first season in N3 and will keep my seat in future seasons,no matter who owns Heart of Midlothian.

Did not renew this season for the first time in over 30 years. Nothing at all to do with who runs the club, I supported the team. I did not renew because I was fed up with Scottish Football. Playing each team 4 times ( league split depending) does nothing to enhance the game (in my humble opinion). Until the game restructures for the benefit of the fans and a competative league, then I see no point in purchasing a ticket for a competition my team has absolutely no chance of winning.

Having said all that, the games I have watched on TV this season, (including Hearts Games) and it is only a few, have not been very good at all imo.

Bigman

Jambof3tornado

Is the season ticket worth getting,given the offers the club is throwing out there week in week out. You can get a 2 match package for 25 notes for the dunfy and well games?

Does the season ticket actually offer value for money,its not like you cant walk up and pick a seat these days???

Just as mentioned, if romanov is still in control of our club at the start of next season would you still buy a season ticket?

I dont think ST sales will affected if Vlad is still running the show, the fax machine picks the team or whoever the manager is. Supporters who are able to gat Saturdays off and are to afford ST are likely to renew every season. That was also shown when CPR was in charge (good feckin job he didn't pick the team :whistling:).

No, because I'll be 8000 miles away next season.

I always buy a season ticket if circumstances allow it, I support the club and not the owner. Those who say they wouldn't get a season ticket while Romanov is here will find another excuse to stay away should he depart.

Part timer :whistling:

It is just as well we do not ALL have a similar attitude to you, or there would not be a Hearts in existence. Will you be back if we reach the Scottish Cup Semi Final or Final?

Glory hunter comes to mind.

I have supported Hearts for over 50 years . It was much worse in the 70s + 80s. Support your team through thick and thin and not just when the team plays well.

Good for you mate.

If you're happy shelling out good money to watch dross like that, good luck to you, you're obviously a better supporter than me.

I support them alright, but I reserve the right to do something other than watch them go through the motions like they did yesterday.

Hearts have no God given right to expect my or anyone else's custom, & I can't see me taking in more than a few games unless Romanov & co pack their bags.

The way we are being run just now, we look like we are 2-0 down before kick off.

Napoleon  Wilson

It's not down to Romanov whether im able to buy a season ticket again. It's down to my mother and her retirement plans

portobellojambo1

Is the season ticket worth getting,given the offers the club is throwing out there week in week out. You can get a 2 match package for 25 notes for the dunfy and well games?

Does the season ticket actually offer value for money,its not like you cant walk up and pick a seat these days???

I agree to an extent with what you say above, when the club is not playing well (or having financial difficulties as now) they then have to create ideas/packages to get people through the doors and generate income. However, this in turn, does then impact on those who have parted with their cash up front, and as result reduces the benefits which should revolve around purchasing a ST.

In saying that I will purchase my ST yet again next season, I think it is possibly more to do with knowing that once it is paid for that is it done and dusted for another year.

Did not renew this season for the first time in over 30 years. Nothing at all to do with who runs the club, I supported the team. I did not renew because I was fed up with Scottish Football. Playing each team 4 times ( league split depending) does nothing to enhance the game (in my humble opinion). Until the game restructures for the benefit of the fans and a competative league, then I see no point in purchasing a ticket for a competition my team has absolutely no chance of winning.

Having said all that, the games I have watched on TV this season, (including Hearts Games) and it is only a few, have not been very good at all imo.

Bigman

You should email that to Regan/Doncaster.

Jambof3tornado

I agree to an extent with what you say above, when the club is not playing well (or having financial difficulties as now) they then have to create ideas/packages to get people through the doors and generate income. However, this in turn, does then impact on those who have parted with their cash up front, and as result reduces the benefits which should revolve around purchasing a ST.

In saying that I will purchase my ST yet again next season, I think it is possibly more to do with knowing that once it is paid for that is it done and dusted for another year.

I wouldnt ever go without the season ticket even if I had to beat up old ladies to fund it(joking!!).

I think sales figures will be down again next year,caused by apathy and the continued effects of the credit crunch.

Drylaw Hearts

It's not down to Romanov whether im able to buy a season ticket again. It's down to my mother and her retirement plans

If you can't afford to buy a ST then don't let your mother retire until she's earned enough to pay for it.

..... just worry that romanov would take all the season ticket money at the start of next season and run the club into the ground....

Spending millions to steal thousands, yeah, that's likely! :blink:

The Mighty Thor

I'd be really interested to see what the take up of that deal is. I suspect it'll be surprisingly low.

Regal Kingston

I will renew if somebody at the club can guarantee we play with a striker next season.

A good one too.

We've got 2 season tickets between 3.

Would recommend it as you don't have to go as much.

Sad to say but thats the facts.

We have a massive squad full of average players.

I would rather see 4 or 5 high earners in a team with our youth players.

At least we'd see some talent.

Spending millions to steal thousands, yeah, that's likely! :blink:

It's great to think you will renew just now, impossible to say if you still will feel this way in May, no way of knowing what our nut job owner will be playing at. 10,000 season tickets = approx ?3.5m. Go figure.

Jambof3tornado

I'd be really interested to see what the take up of that deal is. I suspect it'll be surprisingly low.

As someone pointed out on here a few days ago when I said we have some home games this month that will generate cash for wages,there are hardly any walk up punters!!

Napoleon  Wilson

If you can't afford to buy a ST then don't let your mother retire until she's earned enough to pay for it.

Thats a fantastic idea, why the hell should i pay for my own season ticket when i can force my mother to. She doesn't need to retire, ever.

Francis Albert

Good for you mate.

If you're happy shelling out good money to watch dross like that, good luck to you, you're obviously a better supporter than me.

I support them alright, but I reserve the right to do something other than watch them go through the motions like they did yesterday.

Hearts have no God given right to expect my or anyone else's custom, & I can't see me taking in more than a few games unless Romanov & co pack their bags.

The way we are being run just now, we look like we are 2-0 down before kick off.

That's 3 times in 17 games we have been 2-0 down.

Glad you didn't suffer the bad times.

Concidering not renewing next year or maybe just downgrading to a cat B silver or bronze job, but nothing to do with VR and all to do with tightening the financial belt a bit.

Still plan to go to as many games as I can but not sure I can afford to shell out for 2 adult and 2 kids ST's next year.

The Mighty Thor

As someone pointed out on here a few days ago when I said we have some home games this month that will generate cash for wages,there are hardly any walk up punters!!

To be fair you'd have a hard job selling the current product on the park to punters particularly at this time of the year when money is tight.

Jambof3tornado

To be fair you'd have a hard job selling the current product on the park to punters particularly at this time of the year when money is tight.

Very much so. Be interesting next april /may when the season ticket renewal packs come through. Even a small rise will be hard to justify.

I think we need to see where the sale of the club is heading by renewal time in April.

The current situation cannot continue with players not being paid, and if it deteriorates in players walking out and suing the club, god knows what position we will be in.

Its all very well saying you will renew next season (I've held a season ticket non stop for 22 years), but we need to see that there is working capital to pay the bills (wages, tax, other overheads).

April is quite a bit away, but if renewals were up next week I would be holding off to see what is happening as your money could vanish and get you no football next season.

I am not trying to be negative, and I know that the uber fans are going to shoot this down, but I need to see some prospect of stability before splashing out nearly ?500 for a platinum renewal.

Buying a season ticket for Hearts has never been about who owns the club.

True,mate,but if i could add to that i'd say having a ST doesn't give anyone "badge of honour" rights.Many,many people went for many years and paid on the day...every other week.

For Paksi/Spurs/Celtic/Hibs games this season has been amazing, no matter what happens the rest of the year they 4 games were magic.

Would not trade my season ticket for the world.

Yes the product is shite, we play the same teams over but for 4 or 5 special moments in a season it makes all the crap worthwhile

The Old Tolbooth

True,mate,but if i could add to that i'd say having a ST doesn't give anyone "badge of honour" rights.Many,many people went for many years and paid on the day...every other week.

I agree with that Boab, having a season ticket doesn't make someone more or less of a fan than others.

I'm in PJ1's boat here, I buy my season ticket so that it's less cost to find for the rest of the season, because once it's bought then that's it out of the way for another year, although I feel a lot of fans will be asking themselves why they should be parting with money upfront for Romanov, when he can't even be bothered to pay the players and instead will pay per game as and when they come along, I wouldn't knock someone for doing that.

Guest Dipped Flake

Whether Romanov is here or not makes no difference to me getting a season ticket. I'm actually already looking forward to next season, seeing some of our youngsters getting a game, long overdue IMO.

Charlie-Brown

Is this along the lines of people swearing they're never going back until Parker/Mercer/Robinson/Romanov is gone?

My son has recently started working at the weekends (he is a student) and therefore his seat is quite often empty and I can't blame him. Also I am with those that have serious doubts about giving money to an owner who isn't paying the players and is trying to minimise his losses as he tries to sell. Will probably leave the decision late and may consider pay as I go.

Jambof3tornado

Whether Romanov is here or not makes no difference to me getting a season ticket. I'm actually already looking forward to next season, seeing some of our youngsters getting a game, long overdue IMO.

Me too,even if they are being forced to be ready early. Sick of other teams being able to throw a youngster in week in week out without detriment to the player in question.

If your good enough your old enough.

a safe pair of sells

Once AFC Hearts of Midlothian Rovers have came back from the 3rd,2nd & 1st divisions, then yes i'll be back! We''ll be back, and he'll be gone, so there's 2 very good reasons to go back!

I absolutely agree, Boab.

However, regular attendees (be that by Season Ticket or buying individual tickets) are our core support and therefore more important to the club than those that do not attend regularly.

Will I renew the ST? More than likely, cause I'm a mug.

Will I bother to go to the games - not unless there is a product on the park worth watching.

Haven't bothered going the last 2 weeks and don't feel I've missed a thing. In fact I enjoyed my Saturdays a lot more without having to waste my afternoon watching HMFCs incompetent attempts at playing football. To be fair, that could be said for much of the SPL.

Archived