World class players you have seen live

michaeljambo22

Walter Bishop

Valdes: Zambrotta, Sylvinho, Thuram, Oleguer: Xavi, Toure, Iniesta: Ronaldinho, Ezquerro, Eto'o. Subs: Belletti, Motta, Crosas, Valiente, Maxi Lopez, Delgado, Henry, Olmo, Bojan, Dos Santos, Deco, Abidal, Jorquera, Olazabel.

Best player I've seen Zidane in the Champions League Final.

Juho Makela scored against that lot. :verysmug:

Stankovic left in 98 to join Lazio and played against us a 17 year old:

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199608221.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejan_Stankovi%C4%87

I'm pretty sure it was the other boy that Bruno was marking- allegedly one of the hottest properties in Europe at the time.

Clearly, Stankovic has gone on to do slightly better...

In reply to the original question, other than the many players mentioned that many of us have seen against hearts, one that immediately springs to mind for me is Riquelme. Saw him play for Boca- barely broke out of a light jog, but completely ran the show. Never seen anything like it.

Sergio auger seen him at anfield couple of seasons back in a friendly also Diego Forman same game along with Gerarrd and torres

World class players have a habit of playing shit when I watch them.

Thierry Henry was murder when I saw him, likewise Patrick Vieira.

World class players have a habit of playing shit when I watch them.

Thierry Henry was murder when I saw him, likewise Patrick Vieira.

:lol:

Same. When I went to Milan to see Inter, most of their top players were out injured. I was really looking forward to seeing Samuel Eto'o though.

He got hooked after 55 minutes of some of the worst forward play I have ever seen in a proper league. :lol:

Have managed to miss seeing Tevez, Sneijder, Messi and a few others through catching teams when they have injuries as well. No luck. :vrface:

loveofthegame

Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, C Ronaldo, Zidane, Henry, Owen (back in his heyday), Dani Alves are the 1st that spring to mind.

ToadKiller Dog

Raul at Schalke though at the end of his career still strolled and stood out as a class act

Spl wise Caniggia,larson ,Gazza ,Takis and laudrup .

the Barca team in that friendly .

A few from the english premier league .

Craig Gordon though injuries may have stopped him reaching that level .

Not taking the piss, but the OP asked for the best player you'd seen, not a list of good players. Only reason I ask is I'm genuinely interested to see whp people think is the best?

For me it's Xavi, I've never watched someone who makes the game look so simple. He's been so good for so long now I think you can start putting him in the "greatest team of all time".

People go on about Messi but for me Xavi is as important for Barcelona, and the one player who makes Spain tick.

Guest C00l K1d

Apart from the Barcelona team we played, I seen Chelsea play in 2002 which had Zola, Lampard, Terry, Makalele, Desailly and Hasslebank in the team.

Zidane's the best player I've watched in the flesh. Other notable mentions to Carlos Tevez, Thierry Henry, Patrick Viera, Paul Dickov and Xavi.

Not taking the piss, but the OP asked for the best player you'd seen, not a list of good players. Only reason I ask is I'm genuinely interested to see whp people think is the best?

For me it's Xavi, I've never watched someone who makes the game look so simple. He's been so good for so long now I think you can start putting him in the "greatest team of all time".

People go on about Messi but for me Xavi is as important for Barcelona, and the one player who makes Spain tick.

Also he asked "world class", so far only a few have come into that category.

Also he asked "world class", so far only a few have come into that category.

Who would you consider world class on the thread?

I saw Barcelona thrash Athletico Madrid 6-1 at the Camp Nou a couple of seasons ago and Messi was so good it was scary. Best player I've seen by a mile.

Similar to this, i seen Barca v Bayern Munich, i think it ended 5-nil to Barca that day and its the most amazing team performance i've seen. Top 3 of Eto, Messi and Henry, pick of the players that day for me was Danni Alves, he is a complete ***** of a man but **** me he must of cover every bit of grass that day.

Messi is the best i've ever seen, i seen him tear arsenal apart with 4 goals out of nothing himself. Someone mention C Ronaldo, not for me, i seen real v barca last year and every time he got the ball he was so selfish with the ball, every time messi touches the ball, he passes it first then sees whats on then collects the ball and moves.

Bergkamp on his day was absolutely genius, as for players like Pires and Henry who at a time were totally unplayable.

I was i could have seen Zidane live

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Saw Messi play at Murrayfield.

:thumbsup:

You've had a chance to see messy play every week at Tynie recently.

I'll get my coat....... :whistling:

Neilson's Shank

Worked for a month in London the mid 70's saw a young Glenn Hoddle at Spurs and a young Liam Brady at Arsenal

Who would you consider world class on the thread?

Im not going to go through them all, but other than the really obvious piss takes, its laughable that people have the likes of Beckham, Torres, Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Bale, Teves, Rooney.....in the world class bracket. Remember its the highest bracket for a footballer, so how can they be there with likes of Maradona, Pele, Platini, Cruyff......

If you go to a Barca game you'll catch a few at once.

Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta all played when I went to see them.

Gutted I never caught Ronaldo (Brazil) in the flesh.

Saw all those Barca players.

Also saw Ronaldo v Espanyol, a match which included Beckham and Owen.

Ronaldo missed a last min pen, 1-0 Espanyol.

Owen was rubbish but Beckham was not out of place.

Was at the game above.

But was also at this game when Alan McLaren was outstanding.

PS the world superstar wasn't Gordon Durie.

Guest C00l K1d

Im not going to go through them all, but other than the really obvious piss takes, its laughable that people have the likes of Beckham, Torres, Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Bale, Teves, Rooney.....in the world class bracket. Remember its the highest bracket for a footballer, so how can they be there with likes of Maradona, Pele, Platini, Cruyff......

They are the modern 'world class' players though.

Obviously they aren't a patch on the names you mentioned but they are the some of the best players around at the moment.

Thinking about them in relation to a team

Banks

Jardine Beckenbauer Moore McGrain

Best Charlton Eusebio Cruyff

Dalglish Cantona

Subs

Schmeichel

Krol

Neeskens

Van Himst

Keegan

Brady

Bergkamp

Getting back to players who played against Hearts, seem to remember seeing Oleg Blokhin in a friendly (forgotten which team he played for then).

He might be the fastest player who's ever played against us.

I saw Ruud Gullit's last international for the Netherlands.

Pre World Cup 94 in a friendly v Scotland in Utrecht. He played the first half, was subbed at HT then fell out with Dick Advocaat.

Taxi!

Apart from that, Laudrup & Gascgoine I suppose. Larsson too.

Oh, and Robbo!

I'd argue Edgaras Jankauskas was world class. Maybe not quite at the world class level not when he was playing for us, but **** me he could trap and hold up a ball.

Gascgoine, Laudrup, Larsson, Robbo

Cantona, Henry, Bergkamp Gullit, Zola, Di Canio

Maradonna, Platini, Dalgleish

Are the ones that sprung to mind......

Jesus there's some cracking players there

Prince Buaben

Larsson, Gasgoigne and Laudrup in Scotland

Also Bale and Van Der Vaart.

Seen C.Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Vidic, Ferdinand and Van Der Saar :thumbsup:

Sergio Garcia

GK Buffon

RB Thuram