World class players you have seen live

michaeljambo22

michaeljambo22

My we ladie was asking about the day we played barcelona what was the Barcelona team that day ? and what other top players have played against hearts

My we ladie was asking about the day we played barcelona what was the Barcelona team that day ? and what other top players have played against hearts

Takis Fyssas!

I was Ryan Giggs last appearance for Wales and despite his age I saw that day what an outstanding player he is

Valdes: Zambrotta, Sylvinho, Thuram, Oleguer: Xavi, Toure, Iniesta: Ronaldinho, Ezquerro, Eto'o. Subs: Belletti, Motta, Crosas, Valiente, Maxi Lopez, Delgado, Henry, Olmo, Bojan, Dos Santos, Deco, Abidal, Jorquera, Olazabel.

Best player I've seen Zidane in the Champions League Final.

Saw a Tevez hat trick at Bolton.

Back in the day when he could be bovved,he was frighteningly good that day.

been a Arsenal season ticket holder for 18 years now and have been very lucky to have seen some world class players over the years at Highbury and now the Emirates stadium (away players as well). as well as following arsenal around the world , iv watched Thierry henry play for 8 years and he was magic as well as Cesc F?bregas, seen Messi and hes world class. Paolo Maldini was a grate leader , best player iv ever seen play againts us would have to have been Ryan Giggs

Tommi Gronlund.

Anyone who can score from outside the box with a shot travelling at 1mph must be world class...(despite it being against Aberdeen)

Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres (when he was good). Wayne Rooney (although he was prett uninspiring the game I saw him in). Jari Litmanen was another I liked watching.

the Bayern Munich team :thumbsup:

Mendieta was unbelievable the night we played Middlesborough in a friendly. 60 yard passes onto a postage stamp - he didn't lose possession in 90 minutes.

Van der Vaart was just different class that night at tynecastle! Also, Ronaldinho in the friendly, looked like he was just in a training game in that friendly a few years back

Gazza Laudrup, Di Canio and Larson I will grudgingly add to the list. I was at the Spurs and Barca game also.

Fysass. What was the young lad at Red star Belgrade, who Bruno had in his back pocket?

Ronaldinho

Xavi

Iniesta

Wayne Rooney

Paul Scholes

Thierry Henry

Ryan Giggs

Gareth Bale

Rafa Van Der Vaart

Paul Gascoigne

Brian Laudrup

Loads more but I'd be here all day. :teehee:

What was the young lad at Red star Belgrade, who Bruno had in his back pocket?

Dejan Stankovic possibly? But I remember that game as Stankovic tearing Davie Weir for most of that game.:unsure:

And to add:

Giggs

C. Ronaldo

Roy Keane

Scholes

Veron

Rio Ferdinand

That Barca Team

And numerous others!

Gianfranco Zola.

Thierry Henry

Henrik Larsson

Harry Kewell (When He was at Leeds and half decent)

Ronaldinho.

Although one player i was so close to seeing but didnt was Rivaldo. (Newcastle v Olympiakos 04/05, was 'injured' / couldnt be arsed because newcastle were home and dry from the first leg so didnt get to see him, possibly my biggest disapointment)

Ginola years back in a pre season friendly. Cracked the bar from about 35 yards, some player. Juninho stands out as well.

Broxburn_Jambo

I saw Barcelona thrash Athletico Madrid 6-1 at the Camp Nou a couple of seasons ago and Messi was so good it was scary. Best player I've seen by a mile.

Best player I have seen was Maradona best Scot was Dennis Law best Hearts player Jim Cruickshank. Best English Bobby Moore.

Gazza Laudrup, Di Canio and Larson I will grudgingly add to the list. I was at the Spurs and Barca game also.

Fysass. What was the young lad at Red star Belgrade, who Bruno had in his back pocket?

Was it something like Ognjenovic? Some young guy who came over with lots of hype, but didn't really do much in his career.

I was at the Manchester United v Real Madrid game in 2003, which ended 4-3 to United.

Zidane, Figo, Casillas, Hierro, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Van Nistelrooy, Giggs and Makalele. Not including great players like Keano, Salgado, Beckham.....

And Javier Portillo ::troll:::'>

Gavsy Van Gaverson

If you go to a Barca game you'll catch a few at once.

Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta all played when I went to see them.

Gutted I never caught Ronaldo (Brazil) in the flesh.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Beat me to it.

Seriously, though, Jimmy Johnstone.

I saw Kenny Dalglish - one of the very few world class players we've produced in recent years - as part of the Scotland team that took the points, the pitch and crossbar at Wembley in 1977.

(I prefer not to think of the games I saw him play at Tynecastle).

Archived