***Official Hearts v St Johnstone match thread***

Swanny17

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on. It's bloody mental blaming the manager in circumstances such as these.

"Mr Sergio, we'd like you to become our manager. We are an ambitious club, and expect to win the league this season; 3rd place, achieved by your predecessor, was not good enough. There's no room for failure at Heart of Midlothian FC.

We expect you to achieve this despite not paying the players, and selling anyone worth selling in January. We are sure you are up to this doddle of a task."

I mean, seriously...

:cornette:

Very much this.

And it could be worse: we could be Aberdeen.

While the focus is on the wages, it gives Sergio a convenient get out of jail free card.

That performance could easily have happened had they actually been paid.

Not that that justifies Vlad not paying them, of course.

Pish. What do you think he'd rather? That his players were paid; or that they weren't paid? That he has a chance to achieve something; or has no chance of achieving anything whatsoever?

Dancing girls oot please clueless wage thieves GTF.

Wage thieves who've not been paid for weeks?

:what:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pish. What do you think he'd rather? That his players were paid; or that they weren't paid? That he has a chance to achieve something; or has no chance of achieving anything whatsoever?

You miss the point entirely Shaun. The shite we've been producing recently could have just as easily occurred had the players been paid in full.

Is there a correlation with this farce and performances? Probably. However, Sergio's tactics are fecking horrendous, players receiving wages or not. As I say, those decisions are being masked because of the wage issue.

You miss the point entirely Shaun. The shite we've been producing recently could have just as easily occurred had the players been paid in full.

Is there a correlation with this farce and performances? Probably. However, Sergio's tactics are fecking horrendous, players receiving wages or not. As I say, those decisions are being masked because of the wage issue.

spot on

Barney Rubble

Wage thieves who've not been paid for weeks?

:what:

If the dancing girls have been paid then apologies about the wage thieves part , there still shit tho couldnae dance for toffee .

The Mighty Thor

Spot on. It's bloody mental blaming the manager in circumstances such as these.

"Mr Sergio, we'd like you to become our manager. We are an ambitious club, and expect to win the league this season; 3rd place, achieved by your predecessor, was not good enough. There's no room for failure at Heart of Midlothian FC.

We expect you to achieve this despite not paying the players, and selling anyone worth selling in January. We are sure you are up to this doddle of a task."

I mean, seriously...

:cornette:

Gentlemen it may have escaped your attention that we weren't exactly all conquering under 'Mr' Sergio when the wages were being paid.

In fact today's performance sounded no different to any other performance under 'Mr' Sergio.

There's no question that Romanov's actions are exacerbating and amplifying the issues that are already there in the squad but Sergio trains the team, picks the team, determines the tactics (:lol: ) and ultimately is responsible nad frankly he is failing miserably.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gentlemen it may have escaped your attention that we weren't exactly all conquering under 'Mr' Sergio when the wages were being paid.

In fact today's performance sounded no different to any other performance under 'Mr' Sergio.

There's no question that Romanov's actions are exacerbating and amplifying the issues that are already there in the squad but Sergio trains the team, picks the team, determines the tactics (:lol: ) and ultimately is responsible nad frankly he is failing miserably.

:thumbsup:

As they should be. Because when players aren't paid for weeks on end, everything else becomes entirely moot; trivial, even.

The most important thing any manager needs to do is establish strong morale and team spirit amongst his squad. In the circumstances, this task is impossible to achieve. Doesn't matter who is selected or what system is employed if even this bare minimum is denied to the manager.

In the circumstances, any points we pick up will be a bonus; last week's win was extremely important. But I doubt there's a soul on here who'd continue to give their all for the company they work for if they weren't paid. At present, we're expecting a bunch of footballers to win football matches for free - and the whole thing is a complete and utter nonsense.

If the dancing girls have been paid then apologies about the wage thieves part , there still shit tho couldnae dance for toffee .

:lol:

Ah, I understand now. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Barney Rubble

As they should be. Because when players aren't paid for weeks on end, everything else becomes entirely moot; trivial, even.

The most important thing any manager needs to do is establish strong morale and team spirit amongst his squad. In the circumstances, this task is impossible to achieve. Doesn't matter who is selected or what system is employed if even this bare minimum is denied to the manager.

In the circumstances, any points we pick up will be a bonus; last week's win was extremely important. But I doubt there's a soul on here who'd continue to give their all for the company they work for if they weren't paid. At present, we're expecting a bunch of footballers to win football matches for free - and the whole thing is a complete and utter nonsense.

This this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this !

Hopefully we've got enough points to avoid relegation and Vlad will give us enough money to avoid administration/liquidation. Time now for new ownership and management at all levels. I'm pissed off, but a bottle of whisky and some rock and roll will soon have me back to my good self. What abnout the rest of you?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Now who is talking pish? Shaun, what the players should be doing if the wage issue is overwhelming them is going on strike. Simple as that and feck "repercussions" from Vlad. If they are prepared to cross the white line on a Saturday having been picked by the manager then they are playing the game, as is Sergio, and that is the basis of judgement on the pitch.

I can't blame Sergio. We have a manager who has no support or even knows what the next day will bring. I think morale must be bad and getting worse re wages. Most of the older players know they are on the way out and might not be able to get enough game time to play themselves into another team. The Lithuanian support structure must be crumbling with all of Vlad's employees over here wondering where they'll be sent next.

It's a complete mess. I would love to blame the media and the weegie footballing mentality for not constantly boosting Vlad's sad ego (though they are a useless bunch!). I knew that the only real danger for Hearts was for Vlad to lose interest or believe that he wasn't going to build a wonderful well-loved empire.

You don't become a billionaire by shirking painful decisions and will always walk away in a manner that will least affect your pocket ... and I think we have a painful few months ahead. I feel sorry for some of the players who really love it at Hearts and could make it go places - this must be poisoning things - or am I just too pessimistic? There are others that need to go for themselves and the club, IMHO.

I'm thankfull the whole SPL is pish, considering we are only two points from 4th having only won once recently and scored 3 goals,

Now who is talking pish? Shaun, what the players should be doing if the wage issue is overwhelming them is going on strike. Simple as that and feck "repercussions" from Vlad. If they are prepared to cross the white line on a Saturday having been picked by the manager then they are playing the game, as is Sergio, and that is the basis of judgement on the pitch.

I agree that they should go on strike; and I thought Sergio was wrong to effectively back Vlad, not his players, when they wanted to go to the union a few weeks ago.

They chose not to out of fear. The longer this goes on, the less they'll have to lose in formally withdrawing their labour.

Father Tiresias

Get rid of Sergio and give the job to Gary Locke. Can't be any worse and Gary LOVES Hearts so much he'd probably do the job for sweeties!!

The Mighty Thor

Perhaps Mr Romanov should include this in next year's Season Ticket renewal brochure......buy your ST now and i won't pay the players, which in turn means they won't bother playing therefore you'll be watching utter shite week in week out and all for the bargain price of ?400. Hurry while stocks last. :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

I agree that they should go on strike; and I thought Sergio was wrong to effectively back Vlad, not his players, when they wanted to go to the union a few weeks ago.

They chose not to out of fear. The longer this goes on, the less they'll have to lose in formally withdrawing their labour.

I think the players should say that unless they receive all wages in full by 16 December, they won't fulfil the fixture on the 17th. Close it one way or the other.

Perhaps Mr Romanov should include this in next year's Season Ticket renewal brochure......buy your ST now and i won't pay the players, which in turn means they won't bother playing therefore you'll be watching utter shite week in week out and all for the bargain price of ?400. Hurry while stocks last. :(

It really is that bad, isn't it? But the most ludicrous thing is, as pointed out just above, we're still 5th; and not even out of the race for 3rd yet!

The SPL. Dear me. :vrface:

The Great Khali

We have an owner who doesn't even check results these days so why would he bother getting off his backside to sack a manager?

Or if he could bothered to sack him who's to say he would even appoint anyone in place?

Or if he did try to look for someone, who in their right mind would want to come and work for a club that has no idea what it's future is and where there is no gaurantee you would be paid for your services.

I feel we should think ourselves lucky that Sergio hasn't jacked it in completely.

The Mighty Thor

It really is that bad, isn't it? But the most ludicrous thing is, as pointed out just above, we're still 5th; and not even out of the race for 3rd yet!

The SPL. Dear me. :vrface:

I'm afraid there's only one way we are heading and it's not towards third.

Sergio has never had it from day one and the longer his farcical reign goes on the more ludicrous the decision to sack Jefferies becomes.

I'm afraid there's only one way we are heading and it's not towards third.

Sergio has never had it from day one and the longer his farcical reign goes on the more ludicrous the decision to sack Jefferies becomes.

Even though I now think it's irrelevant who our manager is, I can only agree with this.

This season has shades of 1998/9 IMO. And this time, we presumably won't come up with sudden signings to rescue us (should we need rescuing: I think the gap to 12th place will be occupying our thoughts over the next few months) either.

J.T.F.Robertson

I'm more inclined to believe they followed the course of non-action primarily because a delayed payment of their inflated salaries is preferable to reverting back to the "more modest" recompense they'd receive at any other SPL club picking them up.

What were Stevo and Mrowiec arguing about as well? My first touch is worse than yours? :lol:

Probably because Mrowiec refused to take any responsibility with the through ball, let in bobble through to Kello which in turn put us under pressure in a time when we needed the ball in their half. Utter abomination of a footballer.

I think the players should say that unless they receive all wages in full by 16 December, they won't fulfil the fixture on the 17th. Close it one way or the other.

Agreed, although this will almost certainly lead to relegation for HMFC as I'm sure when Hamilton didn't fufil a fixture for the same reason a few years ago it was a 25 point penalty they were hit with.

If the players do this I am fully in support of them though, in spite of the consequences. They are perfectly entitled to any action to get what they are due.

Romanov truly is a vile, horrible human being and is fast becoming the worst thing to ever happen to this club, if he is not already.

The Real Maroonblood

Agreed, although this will almost certainly lead to relegation for HMFC as I'm sure when Hamilton didn't fufil a fixture for the same reason a few years ago it was a 25 point penalty they were hit with.

If the players do this I am fully in support of them though, in spite of the consequences. They are perfectly entitled to any action to get what they are due.

Romanov truly is a vile, horrible human being and is fast becoming the worst thing to ever happen to this club, if he is not already.

Martin you are spot on.

However there are some fans would still support him even if he was s*******g their partner.

May not come to anyone being sacked, a fairly reliable few sources (who I can't name) have suggested that 24th dec will be Sergio's last game in charge and a current employee will take over the "hot seat".

The Real Maroonblood

Folk not going to the games but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOING on the internet :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you know that people can go on Kickback while at a match?

It's called technology. :rolleyes:

The Real Maroonblood

May not come to anyone being sacked, a fairly reliable few sources (who I can't name) have suggested that 24th dec will be Sergio's last game in charge and a current employee will take over the "hot seat".

What is the tea ladies name? :thumbsup:

Never thought id see the day when st Johnstone were better than us in every department. Feck sake!!

Really? Are you aware of our record v them over the past 13 or 14 years? It's atrocious.

Most people think St Mirren or Dundee are our bogey teams. I think St Johnstone are tbh.

Our lot should not have the nerve to call themselfs football players tonight, it just shows what they think of the fans of Heart of Midlothian.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

An embarrassment. Mehdi was the only player that gets pass marks and Stephen Elliott was okay. The rest of them should be ashamed.

Really? Are you aware of our record v them over the past 13 or 14 years? It's atrocious.

Most people think St Mirren or Dundee are our bogey teams. I think St Johnstone are tbh.

Shaun, i like some of your posts but thats utter kneejerk tosh.

They`ve only been in the same league as us for 10 seasons in the last 20 years, and the last 3 in a row of that 10.

And since 1997(13, 14 years) it WON- 9 DRAWN 11 LOST 8...

Not saying its still a great record but to be fair, they`ve won the last 2 and had only beaten 3 times up to the start of the 2009 season in the previous 12 years.

Still ahead in the win column though.

Shaun, i like some of your posts but thats utter kneejerk tosh.

They`ve only been in the same league as us for 10 seasons in the last 20 years, and the last 3 in a row of that 10.

And since 1997(13, 14 years) it WON- 9 DRAWN 11 LOST 8...

Not saying its still a great record but to be fair, they`ve won the last 2 and had only beaten 3 times up to the start of the 2009 season in the previous 12 years.

Still ahead in the win column though.

Given our resources and theirs (they've been about the only club to continually live within their means over that entire time; we've, er, not), it's a terrible record. They even walloped us at Tynie the year they were relegated by miles!

Remember that 3-2 win in Perth early in 1998 after a rip-roarer of a game? I've never felt we've had a grip of them since. And since that night, they've beaten us NINE TIMES; we've only won six. That's absolutely disgraceful.

Not disagreeing but my point was they were better in EVERY way today which in the past has not been the case.

Not disagreeing but my point was they were better in EVERY way today which in the past has not been the case.

Not denying your frustration or anger for a moment - but League Cup semi-final, 1998? I doubt any game against them will ever top that night for the incompetence on display.

An embarrassment. Mehdi was the only player that gets pass marks and Stephen Elliott was okay. The rest of them should be ashamed.

I thought Sutton was easily our best player today.

Archived