Balogh. To Hibs?

The jj era

He'll automatically be the the best keeper at Hibs if he goes.

..and he's our 3rd choice.

:smuggy:

Certainly won't lose any sleep if he goes there. Decent keeper (peppered in with a few shakey moments), but he's on a good wage.

Drylaw Hearts

Meh.

It's a load of shite though.

I bet this Fenlon bloke hasn't even heard of The Balogh and even if he was offered him he'd obviously ask the opinion of his new assistant who just happened to be 50% of the management team who rated him 3rd choice.

Problem Officer?

It wouldn't surprise me if they did take our third best scraps - tramps.

He's probably rotten now anyway, I would look forward to him making many derby day clangers if he does move.

He'll automatically be the the best keeper at Hibs if he goes.

..and he's our 3rd choice.

:smuggy:

Certainly won't lose any sleep if he goes there. Decent keeper (peppered in with a few shakey moments), but he's on a good wage.

That rules Hibs out right off!!!

:really:

SHITE. Just looked at the article the OP posted. :facepalm:

I thought it was about him going to Hibs... Although it says nothing about Hibs...

Never felt easy when the Balogh was in goals. Bit too much of a bombscare.

Dunno what kind of wage he's on but if the club need to free up some cash, he's a good start.

Hibs are welcome but doubt he'll end up there

So I think 'the Balogh' on a pretty sweet deal i.e. more then we willing to pay from now on. Also from the report he wants to stay in Scotland and, unless he is daft, he must know that will require a pay cut!

Now do you think it would be a good idea for Hearts to offer 'the Balogh' a new deal on less terms IF Kello were to leave during the winter transfer window.

If not who would be back up to MacDonald?

So I think 'the Balogh' on a pretty sweet deal i.e. more then we willing to pay from now on. Also from the report he wants to stay in Scotland and, unless he is daft, he must know that will require a pay cut!

Now do you think it would be a good idea for Hearts to offer 'the Balogh' a new deal on less terms IF Kello were to leave during the winter transfer window.

agree its not that long ago that he was our first choice

Don't mind Balogh. Played well for us on occasions. If, as suggested, he would consider a reduced contract, I'd keep him. He is much better than MacDonald, though.

As for being settled, he lives in the stair I used to live in. So, good flat in a good area, I can understand why he wants to stay.

I'd imagine Ridgers will be the new back-up keeper come the end of the season.

If Kello and MacDonald were both to reject new contracts then it might not be a bad idea to keep Balogh on if he accepted reduced terms.

As others have said, if he's willing to take a pay cut in the SPL we should offer him one. He's better than Macdonald IMO and with Kello's departure pretty imminent I'd rather we had him as number 1 than Macdonald with Ridgers as back up.

He's nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

I'd imagine Ridgers will be the new back-up keeper come the end of the season.

If Kello and MacDonald were both to reject new contracts then it might not be a bad idea to keep Balogh on if he accepted reduced terms.

Ahh forgot about Ridgers... good shout.thumbsup.gif

Balogh would be the best keeper they would have had in ages, I hope he doesent go cos lets face it he's actually quite good. He was unlucky with a few injuries and then Kello became much more consistent.

I don't think Balogh is any better than MacDonald IMO.

Considering our last 2 management teams have kept him out the squad probably tells us something.

I suspect we might offer him a 6 month extension to the end of the season on reduced wages until we see what happens with the keepers during January

One of the many completely unneccessary players we have bloating our squad.

Bye bye Janos.

This.

Maybe we cud offer them mcdonald aswell in a combined deal seeing as he's been touting his panties for more game time. Nice sum of ?0 should do it. Cya's.

It would not surprise me. He is better than any of the keepers they currently have.

He is about their standard I would have thought but not good enough for us.

I'd have Jamie in goals before Janos.

Janos needs to move on from Hearts now.

Out of interestm why? Ive always seen the same sporadic lapses in ability from both, except I feel that Balogh has the capability to pull off something special more often. Although I dont think theres much in it at all

Malcolm Tucker

I have nothing against The Balrog. Still think he's a strong goalkeeper and would probably walk into most SPL teams. The stick he gets on here is unwarranted IMO.

However, he is bound to be on a fairly decent wage, so if he moves on, he moves on.

Awra best Janos.

samtheeagle.jpg

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

He's the 2nd best keeper at the club, in my opinion. My memories of MacDonald are him costing us goals in big games.

No way will Balogh be kept. Come the end of the season I expect us to only have MacDonald and Ridgers left.

I recognise that nothing in your post disagrees with what I am about to say, but, I think it is important to note that we do not have a senior goalkeeper in contract beyond the summer. If I am recalling correctly from all lists of contract expiries, the three senior and Ridgers are all out of contract.

If I am recalling correctly, we run the risk of having none of them and looking to recruit a couple of brand new 'keepers in the summer.

I recognise that nothing in your post disagrees with what I am about to say, but, I think it is important to note that we do not have a senior goalkeeper in contract beyond the summer. If I am recalling correctly from all lists of contract expiries, the three senior and Ridgers are all out of contract.

If I am recalling correctly, we run the risk of having none of them and looking to recruit a couple of brand new 'keepers in the summer.

Yeah I think you are correct. So unless we open talks with 1 or 2 of them we will have Barr in goals from next season :whistling:

I don't really get the generally negative attitude to Balogh and don't feel he really deserves it.

He came to us under Csaba on loan and was first choice. He played well and generally speaking most people where happy enough with him signing permanently. After that he got a limited number of games more mainly due to the emergence of Kello but also due to Csaba's departure. I feel that as well as Kello played a lot of Balogh's exile was down to the fact Kello was a romanov signing and Balogh a Csaba signing.

There is no doubting for me that Balogh is better than Macdonald.

I am not convinced Balogh leaving is automatically a done deal. With Macdonald out of contract and apparently hesitating and Kello a high earner with a value it would not surprise me at all if the club decided to offer Balogh something be it as a competitor for number 1 or cover albeit on a reduced wage. As it stands come July we could be left with Ridgers.

It's worth noting he hasn't played that much in the 3 years he was here and I don't think when he did he really let us down at all.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He's poor. 1 great save (against Hibs) is all i ever remember him making. They can have him.

Must have forgot his great game against Zagreb or his penalty save against Dundee Utd that helped us into Europe.

He's a good keeper who lost a lot of confidence and had to compete with Kello who has been great for 2 years.

Wouldn't like to see him go to Hibs.

I seem to remember hearing that MacDonald is in talks over a new deal.

Archived