Spurs v PAOK

drumie jambo

Rudolf's Mate

Can anyone clear this up. Spurs penalty and commentator states at the time the boy had to go as it was hand ball. Jim R has now just said in the studio that hand ball preventing a goal and it was a deserved red card.

Even if it hit his hand which is debatable, it was clearly not intended therefore surely it's not a red card???

Can anyone clear this up. Spurs penalty and commentator states at the time the boy had to go as it was hand ball. Jim R has now just said in the studio that hand ball preventing a goal and it was a deserved red card.

Even if it hit his hand which is debatable, it was clearly not intended therefore surely it's not a red card???

Stopped a clear goal/scoring opportunity had to go.

Would he have been sent off if Spurs too the advantage played and scored the rebound though?

Would he have been sent off if Spurs too the advantage played and scored the rebound though?

ball to hand, his arms are right down by his sides, other then chopping them off what else could he have done! Ref is in no position to see it properly and only gave it as the spurs players were appealing for it!

The Real Maroonblood

I always feel it's stupid rule as a team is IMO is punished twice.

Rudolf's Mate

ball to hand, his arms are right down by his sides, other then chopping them off what else could he have done! Ref is in no position to see it properly and only gave it as the spurs players were appealing for it!

Exactly though I see where the other poster is coming from, if it's not intentional then it's not a sending off.

Fozzyonthefence

Exactly though I see where the other poster is coming from, if it's not intentional then it's not a sending off.

If it's not intentional it's not even a penalty, never mind a sending off! That' the rules and I wish the so called experts would acquaint themselves with them before giving their ill informed opinions. Having said that, I've not seen it yet!

No goal!

That's not the rules!

Might be a bit dodgy to score while a player's injured but when they're lying on the goalline they're playing the opposition onside!

No goal!

That's not the rules!

Might be a bit dodgy to score while a player's injured but when they're lying on the goalline they're playing the opposition onside!

Dirty Defoe almost breaks the boys ribcage, it should have being stopped and a free kick to POAK, in the end it was the right decision.

Thunderstruck

Well, that was entertaining. Great backs-to-the-wall defence from PAOK. Maybe not football for the purist but good viewing.

Did the Ref have a"Brines" moment but should Defoe have done a Di Canio and pit the ball out?

can't even begin to imagine the levels of :seething: if that goal had been disallowed for us at home to one of the OF!! :woot:

Defoe fouled the defender.Nothing to seethe about. :teehee:

Defoe fouled the defender.Nothing to seethe about. :teehee:

Yeah, he knows it as well that's why he put his hands up and said put the ball out! Then the striker in him sees the ball coming to him and puts it in. The arsehole on the tv kept on moaning is a prick.

Archived