Zlatan Ibrhimovic -- genius or inigma

CJGJ

100 goals in 196 matches in Serie A.

Another great goal just now live on ESPN.

Always rated him and just cannot understand the criticism of him as a player -- perhaps not a Messi or Ronaldo but right up there as one of the worlds best.

Always loved him, but maybe I see him through red tinted glasses because of the Ajax connection. I think some people question whether his attitude for the game is right, I think that's where Balotelli gets some of it from as he was sort of having to look up to Ibrahimovic as a young lad at Inter. A truly world class player though and in my opinion he is the best all out striker in the world.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Ability wise he is as good as anyone but seems to go missing in the most important matches.

You can't argue with his goal scoring record in Serie A though- it is top notch.

Reminds me a bit of Berbatov with his disposition on the park, ability wise he's leagues ahead of Berba (IMO). One of the greatest strikers in world football right now.

Have they released his autobiography in English yet? Should be a cracker.

I read a short biography about him in World Soccer magazine, came from a pretty rough background, think his parents were Bosnian immigrants.

isnt there some mental stat that ibrahimovic has won like 8 or 9 league titles in a row between his time at juve, inter, barca and ac milan??? good player when played in the correct system ie, not barca high work rate, but in serie A he is outstanding. good player, would love to see him in england

isnt there some mental stat that ibrahimovic has won like 8 or 9 league titles in a row between his time at juve, inter, barca and ac milan??? good player when played in the correct system ie, not barca high work rate, but in serie A he is outstanding. good player, would love to see him in england

That stat is still in place too.

2003-04 - Ajax

2004-05 - Juve

2005-06 - Juve

2006-07 - Inter

2007-08 - Inter

2008-09 - Inter

2009-10 - Barca

2010-11 - AC Milan

Also won the 2001-02 Eredivisie with Ajax too, very good record.

Seemingly,they're going nuts in Sweden about it.Pulling no punches....should be good.

That stat is still in place too.

2003-04 - Ajax

2004-05 - Juve

2005-06 - Juve

2006-07 - Inter

2007-08 - Inter

2008-09 - Inter

2009-10 - Barca

2010-11 - AC Milan

Also won the 2001-02 Eredivisie with Ajax too, very good record.

thats an incredible record. really impressive

Malmo FF 16 goals in 40 games - Goal ever 2.5 games

Ajax 35 goals in 74 games - Goal every 2.1 games

Juventus 23 goals in 69 games - Goal every 3 games

Inter 57 goals in 88 games - Goal every 1.5 games

Barcelona 16 goals in 29 games - Goal every 1.8 games

Milan 20 goals in 37 games. - Goal every 1.85 games

Phenomenal goalscoring record wherever he's been, specially at Barca considering how much of a "failure" he was supposed to be

Malmo FF 16 goals in 40 games - Goal ever 2.5 games

Ajax 35 goals in 74 games - Goal every 2.1 games

Juventus 23 goals in 69 games - Goal every 3 games

Inter 57 goals in 88 games - Goal every 1.5 games

Barcelona 16 goals in 29 games - Goal every 1.8 games

Milan 20 goals in 37 games. - Goal every 1.85 games

Phenomenal goalscoring record wherever he's been, specially at Barca considering how much of a "failure" he was supposed to be

I kind of get my kicks now because people used to say Ibrahimovic is pesh at Barca they need someone like David Villa. :greggy:

Johanes de Silentio

Did he not score about 16 goals for Barca. Not really a bad return from a 'flop'

More of a fop than a flop. :thumbsup:

I love an excuse to bring this goal out!

Another thing I love about Ibrahimovic! He scores so many goals that you don't see players of his size and build scoring.

I kind of get my kicks now because people used to say Ibrahimovic is pesh at Barca they need someone like David Villa. :greggy:

In fairness, Villa's record is probably better than that but Ibrahimovic wasn't the failure that the "experts" and fans would have you believe. In fact, I'd argue that his physical/aerial presence is exactly what Barcelona could do with right now.

In fact having checked, Villa's record of 22 goals in 47 games is actually worse than Ibrahimovic's.

I love an excuse to bring this goal out!

that goal is badword fantastic :thumbsup:

i never really liked him because of his ego and attitude, but when you see his record in winning cometitions and his goal scoring record, you cannot argue hes a class player

btw, is that van der vaart in the stands there??

In fairness, Villa's record is probably better than that but Ibrahimovic wasn't the failure that the "experts" and fans would have you believe. In fact, I'd argue that his physical/aerial presence is exactly what Barcelona could do with right now.

In fact having checked, Villa's record of 22 goals in 47 games is actually worse than Ibrahimovic's.

It's what every team wants, players on the wing like Messi, Pedrito and Cuenca with a player like Ibrahimovic in the middle. So many possibilities.

His record does not lie. For some reason though, whenever I'm watching a game that he is involved in, tend to think that he does not make more of the obvious talent that he has.

My brother calls him a "You tube player" - which I think is a little harsh.

Apparently they are only releasing it in Swedish an Italian, gutting if true!

fabienleclerq

I went to see Inter play reggina a few years back and he wasn't really involved in a lot of the game....Scored two goals,one a belter chipped the keeper.It's like he finds football so easy he doesn't have to try and just scores when he wants.

I can't think of many (if any) technically better strikers than him in world football but strangely i wouldn't pick him in a world "dream team" there's something about him that doesn't fit right.

In that case I'll force myself to be multi-lingual.

No arguments with his record for Inter but it was sweet when he left Inter in his quest to win the CL only for Inter to win it, knocking out his Barcelona in the semis.

His consecutive league titles record is impressive but Juve were of course stripped of the two he won by them

No arguments with his record for Inter but it was sweet when he left Inter in his quest to win the CL only for Inter to win it, knocking out his Barcelona in the semis.

His consecutive league titles record is impressive but Juve were of course stripped of the two he won by them

True that, and then Milito became the hero. :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Did he not score about 16 goals for Barca. Not really a bad return from a 'flop'

not bad at all. I heard Barca couldn't play him and Messi in the same team and that was why they sold him

No you won't.

:greggy:

I already speak de Deutsche :thumbsup:

Just not fluently. :ninja:

EDIT: That may be der Deutsche, Its been a while.

jamboinglasgow

heard during the week they are bringing out a English and Dutch version, though you will have to wait a bit long for that. I will be buying it.

heard during the week they are bringing out a English and Dutch version, though you will have to wait a bit long for that. I will be buying it.

[/quote

What's he been saying that folk back in Sweden are going mental about?

Jamtarts-1874

I think zlatan is a very good player but I didn't like him at barca at all. He didn't justify the money spent for him at all thats why he was judged a flop. He wasn't very bad or anything he just didn't suit the style and he more or less slowed barca down imo. They won the CL with eto then didn't when they had zlatan then they sold him and signed villa and won the CL again :P. Villa has been better imo as he has a very good goal scoring record except he plays ad a left forward. I think he suits the seria A very well though

jamboinglasgow

I take it the Spanish think he is not the sharpest tool in the box then.

Well the video above is from a Barca point of view (it is from Catalan tele (I know I am trying to cut back my mentioning of Barca but its relevant.)) Its not that he is seen as stupid (I would say the opposite at times as often it is the other Barca players are seen as stupid) they just like to portray him as a man who is always angry.

Sergio Garcia

His record does not lie. For some reason though, whenever I'm watching a game that he is involved in, tend to think that he does not make more of the obvious talent that he has.

My brother calls him a "You tube player" - which I think is a little harsh.

This seems to be the same as me, anytime I watch him he never seems to show the talent he must when playing in games I don't watch. Martin O'Neil had the same opinion of him during either the Worlds or Euros, said he had never seen him play well but his record speaks for itself.

Aye and just one of a continuing line of strikers that are played out of position to suit Messi.He wasn't happy with the role he had at Barca so Pep dumped him on the bench and refused to talk to him.

What's he been saying that folk back in Sweden are going mental about?

He only needs to open his mouth, he's an arrogant pr!ck.

The only reason he is playing in the Swedish team is because he failed a trial with Bosnia when he was 18.

Archived