FAO FourFourTwo Readers

Locky

Got in to reading this magazine over the last few months and have been reading the secret player column in every issue. But i've been wondering for ages now who it is.

The clues we get is that he has played in all 4 English divisions and for his country.

My guess was always Robert Earnshaw but don't think he fits the bill in terms of age as he has only been playing professional football for 13 years. I Googled it and found a discussion about it on the Liverpool forum, where a lot of posters seem to be pretty certain that it's Herman Hreidarsson. However, when you read most of the columns it just doesn't seem like it would be a player like Hreidarsson.

Reading it the other day there (think it's an issue a couple of months old though) I got the feeling it was Andy Cole. just checked online and he has played in every division and for Ingland.

Reading it the other day there (think it's an issue a couple of months old though) I got the feeling it was Andy Cole. just checked online and he has played in every division and for Ingland.

He's a good shout.

Bobby Zamora

He's only been in professional football since 1999 so still a few years off. But would have been a good shout.

I heard Warren Barton,not sure if he has playrd in.4 divisions though.

Top column though.

I think he only missed out one league from what I can see.

It's a very interesting column, but there was one I didn't like a few months back where he was slating supporters who moan at players. TBH I feel supporters have the right to say what they want as the club would be nothing without them.

Is it the same as the articles in the Guardian every week?

Yesterday's was an interesting (and sadly topical) piece on depression in sport

Secret Footballer in the Guardian

May well be but the Guardian one seems to talk more about football, the one from FourFourTwo seems to talk a lot more about behind the scenes stuff and tell stories from his personal experience.

Stan Collymore ?

He would certainly match the egotistic side of things. This columnist seems to have a slight attitude problem, hence why I didn't think it would be someone like Hreidarsson.

Jason Roberts. Apparently Blackburn fans reckon he is a stick on for the Guardian one and don't rule him out of doing both.

tommythejambo

I actually like the article, it's a good insight into what its actually like to be a pro footballer.

Not got a scooby who it is though. Is he not still playing?

Archived