Post Vlad

Robbo27_22

1. I remain to be convinced by PS. Willing to see how he does if he gets to shape his kind of team with his kind of players. Maybe give himm 6 months or so to see if he can make it work.

2. Get a couple of strikers who can score. Saddens me that teams have went out on a shoestring and got strikers like Heffernan, Daly, O Connor, Sandaza etc and we have yet to find an answer to a question that just seems to hang around.

3. We have good, young lads doing a sterling job - give them a chance!

4. Continue you the good work in the community.

5. Please, please, please tackle the debt!!!!!!

Anymore?

Post Vlad will be a few years yet I think so it's not worth thinking about now sorry.

The only thing I want post vlad is a team and wage bill based on the income the club brings in. No more of this over spending to reach a target we are more than capable of without doing so.

Post Vlad will be a few years yet I think so it's not worth thinking about now sorry.

The only thing I want post vlad is a team and wage bill based on the income the club brings in. No more of this over spending to reach a target we are more than capable of without doing so.

Never too early for a dream to start Jezza.

portobellojambo1

Survival is our top priority post vlad.

We survived for 131 years before he arrived Dave, no reason we cannot survive after he leaves, although that will depend on what he chooses to leave to the incumbents. Personally I think the figure of ?50 million being mentioned is a piss take, not sure of the significance of it because it doesn't do him any favours (unless it was once more aimed at the press to give them an idea of how much he has put in/wasted during his time at HMFC).

One thing I don't think will make the club more sellable is getting rid of all the best players, I hope anyone interested will also have plans for the club, and the main plan has to be to get the product on the park right, it is the best way to ensure income is generated, by making what is on offer worth viewing, and the more punters the more money is spent on other things.

Potential new owners might not appreciate being left with a squad which consists solely of kids, kids who we as yet have no idea will make it within the hurly burly of the SPL. Every team needs a blend of both youth and experienced professionals.

In terms of what he will get for the club I think, given even when it was in a weak state David Murray was able to pick up Rangers for ?8 million, he will be doing very well if he can find someone willing to make a comparable offer to that, and I don't think anyone will take on liability for the debt (they cannot, they would be unable to find a UK bank who would service a debt level of ?30 million (that will have to be written off, or the club will simply be unsellable).

If he leaves us with a chance of surviving we will survive, if he digs in for stupid sums of money there might not be a post Vlad period, well not in the current format of HMFC as we know it.

1. I remain to be convinced by PS. Willing to see how he does if he gets to shape his kind of team with his kind of players. Maybe give himm 6 months or so to see if he can make it work.

2. Get a couple of strikers who can score. Saddens me that teams have went out on a shoestring and got strikers like Heffernan, Daly, O Connor, Sandaza etc and we have yet to find an answer to a question that just seems to hang around.

3. We have good, young lads doing a sterling job - give them a chance!

4. Continue you the good work in the community.

5. Please, please, please tackle the debt!!!!!!

Anymore?

There will either be no debt, or minimal debt 'Post-Vlad', anyone who takes on the club with the club still indebted to that level is stark raving mental. To sell the club VR will have to either write off the debt in it's entirety or write it down to the same value of the underlying assets (the ?8 to ?10 million valuation of the stadium).

Put it this way, if anyone was to take over the club with the debt still in situe, their first act would almost certainly be to simply put the club into administration with the aim of agreeing a pence in the pound settlement. If UBIG don't agree to that, the best they would get is the value of Tynecastle in the event of liquidation, i.e still significantly less than the value of the current debt.

Oh and sacking a manager/recruiting strikers are inconsistent with the aims of debt reduction anyway...seems a bit of a crazy business plan....

The 50 million put on the club is kiddology. He'll not be looking for that but also doesn't want to sell for shitpence. Start high accept something closer to what he wants.

Survival is our top priority post vlad.

Correct. The main priority for Hearts is actually to get to a post-Romanov situation more or less intact; once we have finally emerged from this tedious, going-nowhere limbo we can maybe start to hope there is someone around who might run the club in something approaching a common-sense way.

The 50 million put on the club is kiddology. He'll not be looking for that but also doesn't want to sell for shitpence. Start high accept something closer to what he wants.

The '?50 million' is based on one small article from a Russian newspaper. It is far more likely that this is Lithuanian Litas which equates to ?12.5 million at current exchange rates. ?10 million is a price many of us have speculated about on here as a reasonable price, whether there is anyone out there willing/capable of paying this is a different story.

if romanov decides to sell the club along with the stadium, then the most he can expect to get is a sum equal to the positive side of the balance sheet. the rest of the debt would have to be written off.

worryingly, romanov's better option may well be to sell the club for next to nothing, but retain ownership of the stadium. we would probably end up with something like a 10 year lease and would have to pay rent, while urgently exploring where our next home would be.

if the second scenario occurs then the only priority would be to begin an exhaustive programme of securing a long term home where the club can operate on a realistic and sustainable basis.

if romanov decides to sell the club along with the stadium, then the most he can expect to get is a sum equal to the positive side of the balance sheet. the rest of the debt would have to be written off.

worryingly, romanov's better option may well be to sell the club for next to nothing, but retain ownership of the stadium. we would probably end up with something like a 10 year lease and would have to pay rent, while urgently exploring where our next home would be.

if the second scenario occurs then the only priority would be to begin an exhaustive programme of securing a long term home where the club can operate on a realistic and sustainable basis.

Depends on his short term liquidity requirements, if he is struggling to pay staff costs it may well be that he is looking to dispose of a loss making business ASAP. Speculating on land values in the current climate would be very risky.

The fact is at the moment, we have no idea whether the club is officially up for sale or not. There has certainly been no prospectus published or official announcement on the club website. There have been whispers of consortiums but nothing official. In short the current situation is pretty much limbo, it would be nice to have some clarity.

Depends on his short term liquidity requirements, if he is struggling to pay staff costs it may well be that he is looking to dispose of a loss making business ASAP. Speculating on land values in the current climate would be very risky.

The fact is at the moment, we have no idea whether the club is officially up for sale or not. There has certainly been no prospectus published or official announcement on the club website. There have been whispers of consortiums but nothing official. In short the current situation is pretty much limbo, it would be nice to have some clarity.

agreed. there's little evidence that the club is actually up for sale. there's a decent chance that it isn't. there's an equally decent chance that it will eventually be.

i don't buy into the theory that romanov is actually struggling to find the money to pay club costs. i think it's far more likely that he's simply delaying the transfer of funds because he now in some way resents having to susidise the club. we've been told that the financial backing of the club will continue but that could well come with an ongoing situation of funds being delayed.

i do agree with you that he will have to decide whether or not it's in his interests to jettison a drain on his resources, or continue to speculate on getting a better price.

agreed. there's little evidence that the club is actually up for sale. there's a decent chance that it isn't. there's an equally decent chance that it will eventually be.

How's that fence working out for you?? :whistling:

Archived