U19s Today

maroon4ever

jamboinglasgow

Celtic at Barrowfield at 1 pm, nothing on the spl website that it is off and will usually be on the ball of any cancellations so I would assume it is on.

A belter of a result considering the supposed top players have gone on loan to Raith.

Well done the wee Jambos. Celtic cannot now go top with their games in hand.

jamboinglasgow

Fantastic result by the 19s, even if Celtic win their games in hand we are 1 point clear, played all our games against the old firm, and only 8 games left to play. Come on the wee ones.

Fantastic result by the 19s, even if Celtic win their games in hand we are 1 point clear, played all our games against the old firm, and only 8 games left to play. Come on the wee ones.

Excellent.

A belter of a result considering the supposed top players have gone on loan to Raith.

Well done the wee Jambos. Celtic cannot now go top with their games in hand.

This. I'm really surprised at that result so credit to the lads involved.

Considering 4 guys who would be in the starting line up all played for Raith yesterday, this is a very exciting result.

Prychynenko is too old for the U19s but, yes, it's an amazing result consider some of our best players are away on loan. Great to see how well the U19s are doing and I really hope some of the youngsters will be given an opportunity to prove themselves in the first team at some point.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sounds like a group of laddies who see big opportunities to make the break through very soon. :thumbsup:

A little question about the NextGen series. Is it the winners of the leagues who make it in to the competition. If so would be great to see Hearts there. :woot:

Considering 4 guys who would be in the starting line up all played for Raith yesterday, this is a very exciting result.

and three of them scored !!!!!!!

A little question about the NextGen series. Is it the winners of the leagues who make it in to the competition. If so would be great to see Hearts there. :woot:

No i seem to remember they said on Radio Scotland that it is by invitation at the moment and Celtic will be Scotland's representatives for the next three years.

Well played the Young Guns :thumbsup:

Reading Sergio this morning who says results aren't the most important thing for the 19's, which is probably true, but would be great for confidence if they could go on and get the title

No i seem to remember they said on Radio Scotland that it is by invitation at the moment and Celtic will be Scotland's representatives for the next three years.

I've been saying for years they should make some kind of CL equivalent for under 19 level for all over Europe. Really would still love to see this happen differently from the way the NextGen is structured. Would give the 19's more encouragement.

Footballfirst

I thought I'd gone back to the 70s or early 80s with the lineup. Hearts played with Fraser Mullen as sweeper behind the back four.

Hamilton

Stewart Paterson Mullen McKay McHattie

Carrick Tapping Kane (McGhee) Nicholson

B King

Great result. Even first half with few chances at either end. Hearts were content to sit in and hit on the break while Celtic tried to stretch the play out wide and hit their big striker, Omar Bogle, with crosses. Hearts came closest to scoring with a quick break by Calum Paterson following a corner. He carried the ball almost up to the Celtic area and fed Sam Nicholson on his right. Sam took the ball round Thomson in the Celtic goal, but could only hit the post from a tight angle.

Celtic went ahead three mins into the second half with a good run and low shot from Paul George cutting in from the left. Darren Murray immediately changed the formation with Fraser Mullen moving into midfield and the two wide men pushing on to make a 4-3-3 formation. Celtic were content to sit on their lead and paid the penalty when first Billy King then Dale Carrick were denied shooting opportunities but the ball broke to Callum Tapping who made a yard of space onto his left side and fired in a low shot from the edge of the box into the corner of the net. Hearts sensed that there was another opportunity to be had and from a free kick on the right, Kevin McHattie crossed for Calum Paterson with a prodigious leap to head home from 6 yards.

Hearts had a lucky escape in the 4th minute of stoppage time when Jack Hamilton dropped a deflected free kick from one of the Twardzik twins then two Celtic players got in one another's way when they tried to force the ball over the line. With that the ref blew for full time, to much jubilation among the Hearts contingent.

One other incident of note was that Chris Kane looked to have taken a sore one late on and was substituted. He was eventually taken back to the dressing room on a stretcher.

Fermit the Krog

I thought I'd gone back to the 70s or early 80s with the lineup. Hearts played with Fraser Mullen as sweeper behind the back four.

Hamilton

Stewart Paterson Mullen McKay McHattie

Carrick Tapping Kane (McGhee) Nicholson

B King

Great result. Even first half with few chances at either end. Hearts were content to sit in and hit on the break while Celtic tried to stretch the play out wide and hit their big striker, Omar Bogle, with crosses. Hearts came closest to scoring with a quick break by Calum Paterson following a corner. He carried the ball almost up to the Celtic area and fed Sam Nicholson on his right. Sam took the ball round Thomson in the Celtic goal, but could only hit the post from a tight angle.

Celtic went ahead three mins into the second half with a good run and low shot from Paul George cutting in from the left. Darren Murray immediately changed the formation with Fraser Mullen moving into midfield and the two wide men pushing on to make a 4-3-3 formation. Celtic were content to sit on their lead and paid the penalty when first Billy King then Dale Carrick were denied shooting opportunities but the ball broke to Callum Tapping who made a yard of space onto his left side and fired in a low shot from the edge of the box into the corner of the net. Hearts sensed that there was another opportunity to be had and from a free kick on the right, Kevin McHattie crossed for Calum Paterson with a prodigious leap to head home from 6 yards.

Hearts had a lucky escape in the 4th minute of stoppage time when Jack Hamilton dropped a deflected free kick from one of the Twardzik twins then two Celtic players got in one another's way when they tried to force the ball over the line. With that the ref blew for full time, to much jubilation among the Hearts contingent.

One other incident of note was that Chris Kane looked to have taken a sore one late on and was substituted. He was eventually taken back to the dressing room on a stretcher.

Thanks for that.

Good to see Tappy on the scoresheet again but how was his generally play FF? I'd noticed a dip in his form of late and hope he can get back to performing well.

Archived