U19s Today

maroon4ever

Aye hearts did well but i thoughtceltic wher in control the first 60 mins and then celtic stood back and that gabe the jambos a look in great dribble feom tappy and a magnificent jump from paterson 2-1 get in there

I thought I'd gone back to the 70s or early 80s with the lineup. Hearts played with Fraser Mullen as sweeper behind the back four.

Hamilton

Stewart Paterson Mullen McKay McHattie

Carrick Tapping Kane (McGhee) Nicholson

B King

Great result. Even first half with few chances at either end. Hearts were content to sit in and hit on the break while Celtic tried to stretch the play out wide and hit their big striker, Omar Bogle, with crosses. Hearts came closest to scoring with a quick break by Calum Paterson following a corner. He carried the ball almost up to the Celtic area and fed Sam Nicholson on his right. Sam took the ball round Thomson in the Celtic goal, but could only hit the post from a tight angle.

Celtic went ahead three mins into the second half with a good run and low shot from Paul George cutting in from the left. Darren Murray immediately changed the formation with Fraser Mullen moving into midfield and the two wide men pushing on to make a 4-3-3 formation. Celtic were content to sit on their lead and paid the penalty when first Billy King then Dale Carrick were denied shooting opportunities but the ball broke to Callum Tapping who made a yard of space onto his left side and fired in a low shot from the edge of the box into the corner of the net. Hearts sensed that there was another opportunity to be had and from a free kick on the right, Kevin McHattie crossed for Calum Paterson with a prodigious leap to head home from 6 yards.

Hearts had a lucky escape in the 4th minute of stoppage time when Jack Hamilton dropped a deflected free kick from one of the Twardzik twins then two Celtic players got in one another's way when they tried to force the ball over the line. With that the ref blew for full time, to much jubilation among the Hearts contingent.

One other incident of note was that Chris Kane looked to have taken a sore one late on and was substituted. He was eventually taken back to the dressing room on a stretcher.

Thanks for the report! Always enjoy them!

I know I shouldn't but "Omar Bogle" had me having a good chuckle!!!

Who was the Hearts number ten? I thought he looked good.

And how Celtic not score at the end. looked like a certain goal.

Anyway, great comeback and result. Well done to the boys.

Footballfirst

Who was the Hearts number ten? I thought he looked good.

And how Celtic not score at the end. looked like a certain goal.

Anyway, great comeback and result. Well done to the boys.

No 10 was Mr Versitile, Fraser Mullen. He was also pleased to get the captain's armband when Kane went off. I thought he was a bit lucky to stay on the park after a foul late on, having been booked earlier.

Callum Tapping had a very good game today, covering a lot of ground in the process and took his goal well. I thought that Hearts best players were Kane before he went off and I thought that Callum Paterson had his best game playing at the back.

http://videocelts.com/2011/11/blogs/younghoops/weak-referee-fails-to-protect-celts?

Celtic not bitter...

WEAK REFEREE FAILS TO PROTECT CELTS

"A constant routine of body checking, follow-through?s and more obvious foul play knocked Celtic out of their rhythm with Wilson unable or unwilling to punish the visitors."

"Just before half-time Wilson belatedly blew for a free-kick on Callum McGregor and after booking the Hearts number four was advised to book their number 10 for an off the ball kick at George that required the Celtic midfielder to leave the field for treatment."

"Hearts were pushing strongly for an equaliser but the verbal abuse aimed at Paul George by Hearts coach Darren Murray after he was hacked to the deck has no place in football at any level."

What a wee shame for the wee celts...

http://videocelts.com/2011/11/blogs/younghoops/weak-referee-fails-to-protect-celts?

Celtic not bitter...

"A constant routine of body checking, follow-through?s and more obvious foul play knocked Celtic out of their rhythm with Wilson unable or unwilling to punish the visitors."

"Just before half-time Wilson belatedly blew for a free-kick on Callum McGregor and after booking the Hearts number four was advised to book their number 10 for an off the ball kick at George that required the Celtic midfielder to leave the field for treatment."

"Hearts were pushing strongly for an equaliser but the verbal abuse aimed at Paul George by Hearts coach Darren Murray after he was hacked to the deck has no place in football at any level."

im surprised that im surprised :rolleyes:

Footballfirst

I think that was the incident when Paul George tried to get Fraser Mullen booked for a second time and that Darren told him to get up and get on with the game.

To be fair to them Mullen was very lucky to get away with that. Murray's use of language was very amusing. He's no shrinking violet!

Fermit the Krog

No 10 was Mr Versitile, Fraser Mullen. He was also pleased to get the captain's armband when Kane went off. I thought he was a bit lucky to stay on the park after a foul late on, having been booked earlier.

Callum Tapping had a very good game today, covering a lot of ground in the process and took his goal well. I thought that Hearts best players were Kane before he went off and I thought that Callum Paterson had his best game playing at the back.

:thumbsup:

Footballfirst

To anyone who questions the "winning mentality" of the younger players, today was the sixth time that they have come from behind to win this season.

I'd much rather that they didn't have to come from behind, but it says a lot for their character that they have been able to do it. It was also good to see the camaraderie among the squad with the three who went on loan to Raith all watching from the sidelines.

Celtic not bitter...

Bitter: Check

Shan grammar: Check

Good to see whinging is endemic in the east end of Glasgow.

hearts%20nov%2027%20h.jpg

I know it's been said before but that strip is superb without the Wonga logo!!!

PS Budding BBC journo there with the Moaners report! What might stop him getting the job is that he didn't manage to get a diatribe about VR into his report!!!

loveofthegame

A pleasing win, made even more pleasing by the throbber writing the match report.

:verysmug:

This multiplied! I believe the phrase is GIRUY...

I know it's been said before but that strip is superb without the Wonga logo!!!

PS Budding BBC journo there with the Moaners report! What might stop him getting the job is that he didn't manage to get a diatribe about VR into his report!!!

Can't say it enough. How good does that look

stirlingshirejambo

The player on the right must be a real Jambo.

He's tried to dye his face maroon.

Hamill's ready made replacement.

Only player I have seen booked for taking his shirt off in celebration of a Derby goal.....when he was not even the goalscorer!!!!!

I thought I'd gone back to the 70s or early 80s with the lineup. Hearts played with Fraser Mullen as sweeper behind the back four.

Hamilton

Stewart Paterson Mullen McKay McHattie

Carrick Tapping Kane (McGhee) Nicholson

B King

Great result. Even first half with few chances at either end. Hearts were content to sit in and hit on the break while Celtic tried to stretch the play out wide and hit their big striker, Omar Bogle, with crosses. Hearts came closest to scoring with a quick break by Calum Paterson following a corner. He carried the ball almost up to the Celtic area and fed Sam Nicholson on his right. Sam took the ball round Thomson in the Celtic goal, but could only hit the post from a tight angle.

Celtic went ahead three mins into the second half with a good run and low shot from Paul George cutting in from the left. Darren Murray immediately changed the formation with Fraser Mullen moving into midfield and the two wide men pushing on to make a 4-3-3 formation. Celtic were content to sit on their lead and paid the penalty when first Billy King then Dale Carrick were denied shooting opportunities but the ball broke to Callum Tapping who made a yard of space onto his left side and fired in a low shot from the edge of the box into the corner of the net. Hearts sensed that there was another opportunity to be had and from a free kick on the right, Kevin McHattie crossed for Calum Paterson with a prodigious leap to head home from 6 yards.

Hearts had a lucky escape in the 4th minute of stoppage time when Jack Hamilton dropped a deflected free kick from one of the Twardzik twins then two Celtic players got in one another's way when they tried to force the ball over the line. With that the ref blew for full time, to much jubilation among the Hearts contingent.

One other incident of note was that Chris Kane looked to have taken a sore one late on and was substituted. He was eventually taken back to the dressing room on a stretcher.

Great name.

:indeed:

If that Omar Bogle is the big black guy playing up front? I saw a picture of him from the St Johnstone v Celtic game last week. Can I just say u19 my erse!!!!!! He looks about 30!!!!!!!

jamboinglasgow

Something else that is positive is that the 19s are quite tactically adaptable, as FF points out that in this game they were playing a 1-4-4-1, but later on in the match they changed to a 4-3-3. It happens a few times where Darren can change formation mid way through the match and the players adapt perfectly to it. That will help them a lot in their later careers.

Problem Officer?

A bad day all round for the huns then and a good weekend for the jamtarts.

:jjyay:

:vrface:

Oops, I forgot it was Celtic we played and not Rangers.

Oh well then, even better, and we pumped Rangers with late goals the other week as well anyway.

jamboinglasgow

Oops, I forgot it was Celtic we played and not Rangers.

Oh well then, even better, and we pumped Rangers with late goals the other week as well anyway.

Actually, you were correct in a way with your original post, Rangers Under 19s got beaten 2-0 by Hibs at the weekend, which means this season they have lost all 4 games against Edinburgh sides.

And with Hearts winning yesterday, that means in Edinburgh v Glasgow in the Under 19 league, Edinburgh is up 5 wins against 2 losses, meaning regardless of the final Hibs v Celtic game, Edinburgh sides will have won more games against Glasgow sides this season then vice versa. A minor thing but always great to hear.

Bizarre that Celtic are bleating about our bully-boy tactics when our boys were much smaller and lighter than the majority of the Celtic boys. Their back four and their big striker , Omar Bogle, were like heavy-weights!

Footballfirst

I watched the Hibs v Rangers U19 game on Saturday before I went to Tynecastle. Rangers currently have the poorest side I've ever seen from them at that level. They were deviod of any idea of how to play in windy conditions, constantly playing the ball in the air and overhitting passes. It took them until the last 15 minutes to realise that the playing surface was grass and that they would be better off using it as such. :whistling:

Hibs are going well at the moment and have a number of decent players, so I wouldn't rule them out at title challengers just yet (particularly if Hearts don't field their strongest side). They were the better side throughout, although didn't create too many chances themselves in what were difficult conditions. Sam Stanton scored a fine goal from a free kick, wide out on the right, but I think that the wind was a major factor in the ball flying into the top corner.

jamboinglasgow

I watched the Hibs v Rangers U19 game on Saturday before I went to Tynecastle. Rangers currently have the poorest side I've ever seen from them at that level. They were deviod of any idea of how to play in windy conditions, constantly playing the ball in the air and overhitting passes. It took them until the last 15 minutes to realise that the playing surface was grass and that they would be better off using it as such. :whistling:

Hibs are going well at the moment and have a number of decent players, so I wouldn't rule them out at title challengers just yet (particularly if Hearts don't field their strongest side). They were the better side throughout, although didn't create too many chances themselves in what were difficult conditions. Sam Stanton scored a fine goal from a free kick, wide out on the right, but I think that the wind was a major factor in the ball flying into the top corner.

Off a tangent a moment, do think that Hearts would consider sending any of the 19s away on loan during the winter break, with nearly two months without competitive football, surely now is the ideal time to send players to prepare for the first team and at the same time give them competitive football where they can keep up match fitness.

Footballfirst

Off a tangent a moment, do think that Hearts would consider sending any of the 19s away on loan during the winter break, with nearly two months without competitive football, surely now is the ideal time to send players to prepare for the first team and at the same time give them competitive football where they can keep up match fitness.

I'd be happy for a few of them to get a short term loan deal if that was possible. I'd also hope that they can get a couple of weeks off though.

Footballfirst

I just listened to Darren Murray on the official site saying that Chris Kane has damaged ankle ligaments and will be out for a few weeks. Let's hope that he will only miss the one game and be back after the winter shutdown.

Problem Officer?

Actually, you were correct in a way with your original post, Rangers Under 19s got beaten 2-0 by Hibs at the weekend, which means this season they have lost all 4 games against Edinburgh sides.

And with Hearts winning yesterday, that means in Edinburgh v Glasgow in the Under 19 league, Edinburgh is up 5 wins against 2 losses, meaning regardless of the final Hibs v Celtic game, Edinburgh sides will have won more games against Glasgow sides this season then vice versa. A minor thing but always great to hear.

:jbsmug:

jamboinglasgow

Anybody any idea where/when 19's play this week??

On Saturday v Dundee United. Kick off is 12pm and it is in St Andrews at the university playing grounds.

Footballfirst

Its 3-2 for Motherwell currently at east mains with 20 to go.

I'm afraid it finished 3-3. but it's still a good result for Hearts. Hibs are now 7 points behind but have now played the same no of games.

Archived