Hearts 4 Hibs 1

Marvin

in the choir that day, great memories getting one over the hobos, and had totally forgot about jimmy cant playing in that one!! nice hair jimmy :whistling: .

willie wallace

Great to see that game again.That was a match we had to win and although we did not beat them often in those days that victory was more than welcome.I think the 3rd goal should have been goal of the season.

My turn to buy tickets for this game so my two hibby mates were in the gorgie road end with us . we should have won by more but it was way better than being in the school end 9 months earlier

first home win in 10 years against them !!!!!!!!!!! dont know if it`s hibs b******t but I`ve been told often enough it was our first goal against them in ages too <_<

Just loved this game. John Stevenson bacame my hero after this match, Made up for previous Derby and maybe we oould have got eight as McKenzie isn their goals was awful.

first home win in 10 years against them !!!!!!!!!!! dont know if it`s hibs b******t but I`ve been told often enough it was our first goal against them in ages too <_<

Just checked it on London Hearts, sadly, it's only a wee bit exaggerated.

We won the first game of 68/69 then failed to score against them until this game (9 games) five of them 0-0.

I can still picture all the goals in my head to this day, a really joyful day.

The whole of the 70s were terrible derby times for us, something all you young ones are lucky never to experience.

Noticed a lot of the fans mixed together in that game, was that the norm even for derbies in those days?

When I first seen the thread title I was thinking I would see the one with Hartley's penalty. :lol:

Noticed a lot of the fans mixed together in that game, was that the norm even for derbies in those days?

When I first seen the thread title I was thinking I would see the one with Hartley's penalty. :lol:

I look at these old clips with happy memories, the fans were integrated, sometimes you were there with your Hibs supporter friends. There was always rivalry, always arguements, but never the bile that exists now. I think it would have been unbelievable for either set of fans in my day wishing for the demise of the other. Much as we bled when we lost, and crowed when we won the winning feeling against Hibs was still the best ever. For me to see the Polis walking round the track in the old fashioned uniforms just convinces me that they were all part of the atmosphere. \being their job and having enough excitement when working a beat, unlike todays football rent a cops (security) we didn't have anything to prove.

I look at these old clips with happy memories, the fans were integrated, sometimes you were there with your Hibs supporter friends. There was always rivalry, always arguements, but never the bile that exists now. I think it would have been unbelievable for either set of fans in my day wishing for the demise of the other. Much as we bled when we lost, and crowed when we won the winning feeling against Hibs was still the best ever. For me to see the Polis walking round the track in the old fashioned uniforms just convinces me that they were all part of the atmosphere. \being their job and having enough excitement when working a beat, unlike todays football rent a cops (security) we didn't have anything to prove.

It certainly would be quite a fun afternoon. :thumbsup:

Nowadays though I just couldn't see it happening. I noticed QPR and Fulham didn't have segregation which was strange to me too but being a youth growing up the way football is these days its the norm for me.

In those days there was no segregation at all. Hearts always had the halfway line, even at fester road. That game hibs fans were also under the shed taking up where sections f and g are now. They turned up to party and gloat about the game before, however they got well and truly turned over both on and off the park.

I was only 10 years old then, but remember it so well. Things turned really sour between both sets from this time, maybe older fans can tell me it was always troublesome though. Hibs fans were then forced to use McLeod street only from then and they only got a small section of the shed. There was a right ram my throughout the game a few years later with over 100 arrests, then the segregation fences went up and hibs went to the gorgie end.

Archived