Our worst performance at home

IMA MAROON

Sutton, Skacel and Hamill all got elbowed in the puss today (Skacel more evident with the blood). Inverness are a right stuffy team but a win is a win.

3 pts. That is all that matters when we couldn't buy a win in recent matches!

I have a good deal of empathy with this view, at the end of the day if we win ugly every game by a goal to nil and win the the league we'll all be happy.

I'm not sure what's wrong but there is a spark missing. And the crowd is very quiet.

I have a good deal of empathy with this view, at the end of the day if we win ugly every game by a goal to nil and win the the league we'll all be happy.

I'm not sure what's wrong but there is a spark missing. And the crowd is very quiet.

This. Partly due to luck (we didn't deserve to lose last week) and partly due to poor team selection and results surrounding the club Hearts have been pretty flat.

Hopefully this can be the turning point.

since we lost to United.

Shabby dispay but credit to the guys, they kept on fighting.

wasn't as bad as the spurs performance

If the club do as expected and sell half the team in January then we need to get as many points as possible between now and then, regardless of the performance.

We were pretty rank against the huns too. I've seen worse than today but it was a bit sloppy. Take nothing away from Caley though as they know how to fight a game til the death.

ArthurAxident

wasn't as bad as the spurs performance

I think the quality of the opposition had something to do with that

I thought today was okay. It was never going to be a classic because of the weather, but we played well enough to get 3 points.

I think the quality of the opposition had something to do with that

it played a large part yes, but spurs played quite openly and had we been on our game we could've done alright, as it was we were atrocious - partly because of spurs but a for the most part that was our fault.

as for today, the performance was also down, in part, to the opposition. not their quality in the same way as sours, but caley always play for a draw down here and its rare we put on a show against them. the weather was horrible too, which makes silky football tricky.

either way, as far as how we played the spurs performance was worse. not that I care, I'm not a hobby and am quite happy with three points.

HEARTS v INVERNESS CT

Possession

Hearts 52% Inverness CT 48%

Attempts on target

Hearts 12 Inverness CT 2

Attempts off target

Hearts 2 Inverness CT 5

Corners

Hearts 5 Inverness CT 3

Fouls

Hearts 9 Inverness CT 10

We were pretty rank against the huns too. I've seen worse than today but it was a bit sloppy. Take nothing away from Caley though as they know how to fight a game til the death.

Were we?? we were the better team that day. Rangers only had 2 shots on goal and scored with both of them!

HEARTS v INVERNESS CT

Possession

Hearts 52% Inverness CT 48%

Attempts on target

Hearts 12 Inverness CT 2

Attempts off target

Hearts 2 Inverness CT 5

Corners

Hearts 5 Inverness CT 3

Fouls

Hearts 9 Inverness CT 10

someone elswhere said if it wasn't for kello we'd have list three two. seeing as they only had two shots on target that's impressive. also makes you wonder what would've happen had their goalie not mare any saves.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's obvious what's wrong.

The players aren't playing at 100% because they have one eye on a move in January and haven't been paid (understandable).

And with the support there is a feeling that the season is a write off already due to off the field circumstances. Hopefully we can put together a good cup run to keep the spirits up but it's going to be a long, hard campaign.

someone elswhere said if it wasn't for kello we'd have list three two. seeing as they only had two shots on target that's impressive. also makes you wonder what would've happen had their goalie not mare any saves.

Tbf, that stat is a bit misleading. Easing made one excellent save, from Sutton, but the rest were routine. Kello made two excellent saves, including a one-on-one not counted as a shot on target.

I thought we were worth the win, but defensivly we were very shaky. We also played far too directly for most of the time.

ArthurAxident

A few more ugly by hook or by crook wins are just what the doctor ordered at the moment , any handsome stylish points are a bonus imho

The 'style' of football (if you can call it that) being played under Sergio is mind numbingly dull. There's little imagination and structure and the players are not being allowed to do what they do best. Relieved with the three points today, but it was against a poor ICT team. Sergio doesn't seem to have a plan B either when things are not going our way. A bit more width and flair and the noise levels will increase.

Were we?? we were the better team that day. Rangers only had 2 shots on goal and scored with both of them!

We maybe held possession well but we were pretty shite when it came to creating chances. Apart from the first 20 minutes anyway.

wins a win-great in my eyes just now. :thumbsup:

Hard to judge with the wind, passes going astray etc. I think we've been alright recently despite not winning, relative to the vast majority of what we've seen over the years. With all the "first team players" we've got and youngsters on loan, there's got to be a decent team in there somewhere. If it was run a bit more efficiently we'd be fine.

I think that the crowd would be lifted a bit if Sergio were to include Driver, Suso and Robinson in the side. Get them running with the ball - crowd always prefers direct football compared to the sideways backwards hoof Sergio is operating with.

Archived