Jamie Hamill

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Jamie's getting a lot of stick these days - I don't think he's as bad as he's being made out to be - maybe low on confidence?

Dreadfully low on confidence.

He is the 1 player who seems to be suffering most from everything that goes on at Tynecastle. Shame as he is a good guy.

I don't think he is as bad as is being made out either but he is not playing as well as he can IMO. As I said on another thread he seems to be really hesitant but that could be down to confidence.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

He's struggling to find form at the moment. Started off well when he first came into the side but he was poor today and has been in recent games too I think. Would maybe be beneficial if he had a few games on the bench so he could try and earn his place back but we've not really got cover for him with McGowan having to play left back.

Very limited footballer.

Can't say I ever noticed him stand out for Killie so was surprised to hear so many quite excited by his signing.

Cappuccino Kid

Started the season brightly but has been honking past few weeks. Amateur manager in me says move McGowan back to RB and see what McHattie offers at LB.

poor game today, however i think it was mainly down to not having a winger in front of him

He was more or less playing as a wing back.

Still rate him

stirlingshirejambo

Dreadfully low on confidence.

He is the 1 player who seems to be suffering most from everything that goes on at Tynecastle. Shame as he is a good guy.

Might be nice guy might be low on confidence but does not excuse lack of effort shown in recent weeks. I could jog back faster than he can. Awful today worse at Tannadice last week. Needs a rest time to promote fraser mullen

Started the season brightly but has been honking past few weeks. Amateur manager in me says move McGowan back to RB and see what McHattie offers at LB.

Good shout

Paulie Walnut

Jamie's getting a lot of stick these days - I don't think he's as bad as he's being made out to be - maybe low on confidence?

maybe low on confidence?

maybe low in pay?

maybe low on confidence?

maybe low in pay?

That's not an excuse for the terrible performances he's been putting in.

The_razors_edge

Very limited footballer.

Can't say I ever noticed him stand out for Killie so was surprised to hear so many quite excited by his signing.

Agreed. Unimaginative signing by the previous manager and frankly not good enough like most of the squad sadly.

The_razors_edge

Delivery was poor today but judge him over a season.

Gowzer makes him look kak!

And isn't that a worry? A young Aussie with only a handful of 1st team appearances and playing out of position shows up an established SPL performer (albeit a poor one).

Never seen anything in hamill when he was at killie to suggest he's good enough for HMFC. And I stand by that now he's here.

I don't think he is playing well, but, I don't mind him.

Some absolute idiot from lower G shouted (at ten past three and nil nil) to him to "put in a good one for once" on his first corner delivery of the game.

Stupid people still go to Hearts games, unfortunately.

After a good start he has been rank. Even his positional play is terrible and he has a bad habit of staying in when the rest of the defence push out and playing the opposition onside. Today he just didn't have a clue defensively and was constantly losing his man, I felt Webster was covering up for him a lot today.

Worryingly he seems to be an automatic pick and if thats the case no wonder he has got complacent.

heard Fraser Mullens name popping up in a few under 19 threads this season, is he good enough to be our right back next season?

I haven't seen McHattie much but from what I have seen he probably isn't quite ready to step up. Im sure the guys who watch the under 19's regularly will be able to give you a better opinion though.

I don't think he is playing well, but, I don't mind him.

Some absolute idiot from lower G shouted (at ten past three and nil nil) to him to "put in a good one for once" on his first corner delivery of the game.

Stupid people still go to Hearts games, unfortunately.

You dont mind a player who cant pass, cant take on a man, cant put in a dead ball, cant tackle on a regular basis???.

Has shown next to nothing in a Hrarts strip so far.

With some of the crap we have had to put up with over the last few years he is one of the worst to wear the colours on a regular basis.....looks as though he does not want to be here imo.

Paulie Walnut

maybe low on confidence?

maybe low in pay?

That's not an excuse for the terrible performances he's been putting in.

Yes it is. If i wasn't getting paid and treated badly my performance would be bad as well.

Captain Lithuania

He's struggling to find form at the moment. Started off well when he first came into the side but he was poor today and has been in recent games too I think. Would maybe be beneficial if he had a few games on the bench so he could try and earn his place back but we've not really got cover for him with McGowan having to play left back.

Craig Thomson :ninja:

You dont mind a player who cant pass, cant take on a man, cant put in a dead ball, cant tackle on a regular basis???.

Has shown next to nothing in a Hrarts strip so far.

With some of the crap we have had to put up with over the last few years he is one of the worst to wear the colours on a regular basis.....looks as though he does not want to be here imo.

I don't agree, dude.

I don't think he is as bad as you are making out but would concede he isn't playing well at the moment. As for the last sentence, that's the "you MUST be talking about Marius Zaliukas" bit, eh.

Surely if Grainger was fit Hamill would be dropped. Positionally poor and distribution that makes Robbie look like Beckham.

Explain how?

Think he looks tired and low on confidence.

I like Hammill, hes not the greatest player but think he's decent on the ball and fairly enterprising.

Dont think he had a great game today but some stick he got when he had no support in front of him was unreal, happened time and again today. Not the first rb this has happened too imo.

Explain which bit? He rarely finds a Hearts player with a pass, his use of dead ball is mediocre and I feel he is positionally inferior to McGowan.

Wasn't he integral to our first goal today?

He was, he managed to make a forward punt without hitting first man.....now if only that could be the norm instead of the exception.

Explain which bit? He rarely finds a Hearts player with a pass, his use of dead ball is mediocre and I feel he is positionally inferior to McGowan.

[/quote

If Grainger is fit why would Hamill be dropped?

Robbie look like Beckham....behave!

[/quote

If Grainger is fit why would Hamill be dropped?

Robbie look like Beckham....behave!

What he means is that when Grainger returns fit, McGowan will go to right back.

What he means is that when Grainger returns fit, McGowan will go to right back.

Will go to right back or should go to right back?

Now the Robbie Beckham bit?

I don't mind Hamill at all, but I don't think right back is his position.

As I mentioned in another thread, move him into midfield with Jonsson when Grainger is back, then McGowan can move to right back.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Craig Thomson :ninja:

:lol:

I decided not to go there. I would add to your point and say he's the best right back we have but lets leave that for another day :ninja:.

Set pieces are horrific.

Rest of his play is in line with the team.

He's good when we're good, bad when we're bad and mediocre when whe're mediocre.

Fermit the Krog

Yet another poor signing who is restricting our young players.

He's not alone.

Soon to be forgotten though :thumbsup:

Nelly Terraces

Not the worst player to ever pull on the maroon shirt, but lacks ability. Has brought absolutley nothing of quality to the team I'm afraid. There must be better in the squad.

As for the talk of 'confidence', love that excuse, always rolled out for someone just not good enough, like Miko, kinda only ever hear it on here.

Nearly as low on confidence ... as he is in ability.

or pay! tell me, if you didn't get paid would you turn up?

Amazing !

One day, maybe one day Hearts supporters won't find the need to identify a player in this way.

Hammill is a good player, he had a good game today.

Might be nice guy might be low on confidence but does not excuse lack of effort shown in recent weeks. I could jog back faster than he can. Awful today worse at Tannadice last week. Needs a rest time to promote fraser mullen

hmm if you ween't getting paid would you turn up?

maybe low on confidence?

maybe low in pay?

Yes it is. If i wasn't getting paid and treated badly my performance would be bad as well.

Treated badly? These guys get paid thousands a week for kicking a ball. They have no idea what it's like to live in the real world and anyone who's taken the huff because they've had to wait an extra couple of weeks to get their dough can do one.

Southside Jambo

To Bighusref, the guy in Section G was spot on. Hamill had delivered two poor free kicks prior to the corner (which incidently was over hit and went out for a bye kick). Whether it's his first or last corner of the game would his team mates not be calling for a decent delivery? I sense that you have never played the game. Week after week Hamill commands the ball for free kicks and apart from one good effort against Celtic, fails to deliver. I don't understand why Rudi doesn't take the free kicks, he has a great delivery and in his previous time with the club set up numerous goals from dead ball situations.

Captain Lithuania

:lol:

I decided not to go there. I would add to your point and say he's the best right back we have but lets leave that for another day :ninja:.

Thing is he's a good player ability wise. Shame what he done as he could have been a very good player for us..

fabienleclerq

To Bighusref, the guy in Section G was spot on. Hamill had delivered two poor free kicks prior to the corner (which incidently was over hit and went out for a bye kick). Whether it's his first or last corner of the game would his team mates not be calling for a decent delivery? I sense that you have never played the game. Week after week Hamill commands the ball for free kicks and apart from one good effort against Celtic, fails to deliver. I don't understand why Rudi doesn't take the free kicks, he has a great delivery and in his previous time with the club set up numerous goals from dead ball situations.

You do know that he doesn't just decide to take free kicks he gets told too!

In answer to the OP i think he's a decent player , i thought he started the season well and think he's a good player to have in the squad.

He can play a few positions and we will need players with experience to help the younger boys as they come through.

Thunderstruck

Amazing !

One day, maybe one day Hearts supporters won't find the need to identify a player in this way.

Hammill is a good player, he had a good game today.

You may have hit on something there. It's a team game; they win or lose as a team. I might be mistaken but I thought we won today. This place is like a playground sometimes.

He should, perhaps, give someone else a turn at place kicks but otherwise he was OK today. He made a lot of good runs into space and down the right but, more often than not, there was a limited number of openings in front of him - result a pass back the way was the only option. His covering was good and he held the line well with the rest of the defence.

Archived